Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-04-09, 13:19   Link #21
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
It's actually CONNECT-O!
I haven't seen any of the OVA's... I'm still waiting on AIA's GGG project, now at 33 eps. Did you manage to get the SoraSteal[th]Gao in the game? Took me a while to get GaoGaiGar to the right HP GGG after that little upgrade becomes useful again in the late-late endgame
Ya, took me a hellva lot of retries though. I deliberately didn't beef up GaoGaiGar's Hp/Armor stat until that scenerio and kept retrying/upgrading until I got it right.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 09:06   Link #22
Grungust Yonshiki
The 4th Grungust

Damn these games are HOT, I personally like the SRW series, especially Original generation, but the problem is, I can't read japanese =S.
Too bad these games never make it to the europian shores, cos I know there are more non-japanese fans outta there, the only way I see to play these games is by downloading a Rom or importing.

As for other strategie Rpg's, Fire Emblem 4 & 5 are really cool, and....well, that's about it for me .

Does anyone know a translation patch for SRW OG?
Grungust Yonshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 15:37   Link #23
KeithCourage
Kitto Yuuki

Send a message via ICQ to KeithCourage Send a message via MSN to KeithCourage
YES! go shining force! I love that game...I'll buy a saturn and Shining force III in japanese as soon as i'm done learning the language. New shining force games coming out too...like Shining Tears and Shining Force
KeithCourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 16:37   Link #24
FrostLich

I love stratagy rpgs almost purely for the story and slight enjoyment in boss battles. However, for me stratagy rpgs always seems like a chore before u play it. When i buy a stack of games from say Hong Kong, stratagy rpgs will always be the last game i play cuz their kind of hard to get into until u play to a certain point. Once your hooked however, u cant stop playing. Though before I put in any stratagy rpg, i keep on thinking to myself about all that repetitive selecting battles and random encounterment. An hour later (or more for most games), im instinctly hooked and cant stop but no matter how many RPGS i play, they will always be my last choice (not including racing games where u cant use weapons).
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 14:01   Link #25
Grungust Yonshiki
The 4th Grungust

The problem bout SRW is, it gets you HOOKED! And by hooked, I mean hooked tight. And thats not a problem actually, but if you can't understand the story, you must use your imagination.

Lucky for me I know some of the dialogs
but I NEED to know the whole story of SRW 4, somebody knows a english patch?
Old 2004-08-12, 14:04   Link #26
Grungust Yonshiki
The 4th Grungust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithCourage
YES! go shining force! I love that game...I'll buy a saturn and Shining force III in japanese as soon as i'm done learning the language. New shining force games coming out too...like Shining Tears and Shining Force
You mean Shining Tears and Shining Soul, actually, I think SRW is a whole lot better then Shining Force, but that's my opinion
Old 2004-08-13, 02:46   Link #27
TrueKnight

Yea, The SRW series were neat, but it was meant for those hardcore japanese mecha gamers fan, those who knew voltus, mazinger or...older gundams.

For casual gamers, I would recommend :
1. Disgaea (PS2).
2. Fire Emblem (GBA).
3. Front Mission 4 (PS2).
4. La Pucelle (PS2).

Or....you could wait for Phatom Brave when it comes out, because it looked extremely promising.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 06:36   Link #28
Grungust Yonshiki
The 4th Grungust

I liked Fire Emblem 4, and I loved Fire Emblem 5, but is fire emblem on Gba the same quality (or better)?
Plus, I do hope they've put those cool mercenaries back in
Still playing SRW OG, and almost finished Ryusei's route, gave a Tesla Drive S to Alteisen, now Kyosuke and Excellen really rock the place
Old 2004-08-14, 10:57   Link #29
DryMaltExtract
Huge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungust Yonshiki
Lucky for me I know some of the dialogs
but I NEED to know the whole story of SRW 4, somebody knows a english patch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungust Yonshiki
[FONT=Arial]Does anyone know a translation patch for SRW OG?
I don't have either of those but I have made close to everything in SRWAG into english with the exception of the story. All the commands, robots, pilots, attacks etc. are english if people want it. This was just to mess around while I was bored so there's no pointer editing so long names have been shortened when they had to. I'd love to have the story done but I don't know any japanese (hint hint) I used faq's and other sources to get the other crap done.

Edit: Err....not the attacks, the spirit commands that the pilots can use, I lost interest in continuing before doing the robot attack names.
DryMaltExtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 18:31   Link #30
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

What's a strategy RPG? -.- I like strategy games like AoE: The Conquerors, and online RPG's like Anarchy Online. Is it some kinda mix of those two? :P hard to imagine..
Old 2004-08-15, 07:12   Link #31
Grungust Yonshiki
The 4th Grungust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryMaltExtract
I don't have either of those but I have made close to everything in SRWAG into english with the exception of the story. All the commands, robots, pilots, attacks etc. are english if people want it. This was just to mess around while I was bored so there's no pointer editing so long names have been shortened when they had to. I'd love to have the story done but I don't know any japanese (hint hint) I used faq's and other sources to get the other crap done.

Edit: Err....not the attacks, the spirit commands that the pilots can use, I lost interest in continuing before doing the robot attack names.
SRW AG?
Sorry, but I don't have that one, and I think almost everybody knows the commands and such
Still, RESPECT FOR ALL TRANSLATORS
Old 2004-08-15, 13:18   Link #32
DryMaltExtract
Huge Member

I know the commands and crap too, but it's a lot easer for me to read what it actually does in english than try to remember what it does by consulting a faq.
DryMaltExtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 07:06   Link #33
Grungust Yonshiki
The 4th Grungust

that's true....
Got a very good trans for masoukishin, but it only covers 5%
Old 2004-08-28, 07:07   Link #34
Grungust Yonshiki
The 4th Grungust

zijn er hier toevallig ook nederlandse members? :P
Old 2004-09-01, 20:08   Link #35
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Is anybody playing La Pucelle? I bought it but it just isnt grabbing me. I would like to know if anyone can vouch for it getting better later on before I go trade it in for store credit. Since I wasnt really digging it, I bought Front Mission 4 and I was hooked from the start. Very heavy on pre-battle prep, customization and such. Very slow and deliberate battles. Just the way I like it. It's the kind of game you can lose hours too without realizing.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 16:22   Link #36
Jocean

Red face

I Have a bunch of Strategy RPGs like Super Robot Wars, Langrisser and anime games for PSX if you looking.
Jocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 15:07   Link #37
あああ

I enjoy strategy RPG games. I liked Ogre Battle and Front Mission, and I was obsessed with FFT. Recently, I've been into Makai Kindgom. While the story is not as good as Disgaea's, I enjoy the gridless battle system a lot more. It also doesn't have those godamn geosquares.
あああ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 21:04   Link #38
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Best SRPG series is, without a doubt, SRW.

Speaking of which...BANPRESTOOOOOO~~ GIVE US A NEW SRW ALREADY DAMNIT!!!!! >_____<

The last thing we got was a port of MX, which is one of the worst SRW I've played, I still don't know why Banpresto actually ported it instead of making a new game...guess it thought that since almost every other company is porting games to the PSP, is might as well port it's own...but why MX damnit! It would've been way better if it was @ or @G or even Impact!

sigh
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 02:58   Link #39
KBTKaiser

In my opinon, MX is a starting point for the new players. Between GEAR Fighter Dendoh, Daimos, G Gundam, Hades Project Zeorymer, End of Evangelion, Rahxephon and Metal Armor Dragonar, that's ALOT of pain to throw around. And that's not factoring in how powerful the Original Unit can become.

Final note: Akito is so friggin badass as an NPC in the early parts of the game.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 12:54   Link #40
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Yeah I know, but come on man, the game is so damn easy, heck, you can finish the whole game just by using TFO alone =_=;;;
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote