AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Shuffle Season do you want it
Hell Yes 69 46.62%
yes 36 24.32%
No 20 13.51%
Dont ruin a good thing 23 15.54%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-11, 22:21   Link #21
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
i really dont want a continuation of where Shuffle! left off...i want a second season of the Shuffle! taking pplace after Shuffle! season 1 with the same chars and maybe some new ones...but i really want it to be focused on sumone or sumthin else...like Itsuki and Mayumi or the adventures of Tsubomi...or Life with Nerine...or evn The Chronicles of Kawaii Primula!
In other words you want all of the main characters from Shuffle! to be secondary and have someone else be the main character....that's no problem with me if it goes that way. In fact I don't see how it'll go any other way.

Asa and Rin are pretty much done and out. There's no need to go through them anymore.
Old 2006-01-11, 22:50   Link #22
ranchan13

The only reason I'd be interested in a second season, is to see where that kiss scene of Kaede's might go
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-01-11, 23:03   Link #23
Furudanuki

I would love to see a sequel to Shuffle! because I like the characters, and would like to see them again. But I would not want to watch a sequel that invalidates what happened in the original series. So unless they make it crystal clear in episode #1 that Asa has opted for the polygamy route, and give a damn good reason why she is willing to share Rin, I would not want to see him return as the male love interest for the other girls. That being said, here are a couple of ideas - slightly edited - that I posted earlier, but seem appropriate for this discussion.

Another anime set in the Shuffle! universe would not have to include Rin or Asa as main characters. They could appear in cameos (home from college, maybe?) Or they could just be the established couple that the others interact with. Be generous - wish them a happy life together! But what I really want to see is what happens to the other characters. These are high school students after all; they are hardly likely to give up on love forever just because Rin has been taken! I don't know what the numbers are like in Japan, but the percentage of people in the USA who wind up marrying and staying with their high school sweethearts is pretty low. So bring in a new male lead, or two for that matter - maybe even someone from the Ma or Shin realms. Toss in a few new girls too. Have some fun - no, have a LOT of fun - and mix in some drama for spice. But have the show focus on the remaining girls learning that while your first love is special, it doesn't mean it has to be your last and only love. And - as I have said before - make Itsuki crawl on his belly like a reptile to get Mayumi to accept his confession. After the way he has treated her it would be the least he should have to do!

Or they could also easily modify the existing Tick!Tack! game plot so that a sequel would fit in with way Shuffle! has played out. The set up would be almost exactly like the existing game plot, except that Rin and Nerine are not a couple. Rin is helping Nerine with something - maybe broadcast club - when Itsuki and Mayumi show up with the watch. Same four characters go back into the past, and since they won't be using the game's H-scenes anyway it is not necessary for Rin and Nerine to be lovers. There would be plenty of opportunities for drama and comedy. After all, what happens to Nerine's timeline would also dramatically influence the way that things played out in Shuffle!. For example, what might have happened if genki pink-hair Nerine had been in the Shuffle! competition instead of shy blue-hair Nerine? Mini-arcs could be built on cut-back scenes to the present time showing how their actions in the past have influenced things back home - in effect, they would be alternate outcomes of Shuffle!.

Either one would be the kind of sequel I'm hoping for.
Old 2006-01-11, 23:10   Link #24
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

We could always have a spinoff as well. Primula and Tsubomi are probably about the same age, both have magic skills (being god and demon races), so lets have Mahou Shoujo Rimbomi!

...or maybe not lol.
Old 2006-01-11, 23:16   Link #25
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

even though im hoping VERY MUCH to see primula again [!!!!!], i really want to see tick tack. the plot in the game sounds really good and its not like i dont like nerine and we do get to see itsuki and mayumi so tick tack would be what i want to see for shuffle second season. GO TICK TACK!
Old 2006-01-12, 01:04   Link #26
Vegeta666

I voted Yes, just as long as they don't go to far and change it a lot. If Rin and Asa were to break up, that would really piss me off. But if they showed them in college adjusting to that life with the other characters then I'm fine. They shouldn't stray too much and make Shuffle! into something it's not.
Old 2006-01-12, 01:21   Link #27
Asa-Fan
*~Sami the Pizza Girl~*

Send a message via ICQ to Asa-Fan Send a message via MSN to Asa-Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Asa-Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
i really dont want a continuation of where Shuffle! left off...i want a second season of the Shuffle! taking pplace after Shuffle! season 1 with the same chars and maybe some new ones...but i really want it to be focused on sumone or sumthin else...like Itsuki and Mayumi or the adventures of Tsubomi...or Life with Nerine...or evn The Chronicles of Kawaii Primula!
you forgot something Handkerchief-mans Adventures, to get Rin-sama as his LifePartner....how could you forget him Q_Q
Old 2006-01-12, 01:46   Link #28
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I can't vote, it actually depends on WHAT they plan for a second season If it's the same as the first or worst, I'll pass If it has a lot of Rin or RinxAsa, I'll pass again
Old 2006-01-12, 02:24   Link #29
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I picked "yes" I would´t mind seeing a second season but if that is the case I would prefer to see them change direction a bit. Let Rin be with Asa and let us follow the other girls as they get asked out by other guys instead.

But we still need the fanboy (boy not girl, I didn´t mean change direction like that ) service

I Would rather see an OVA with maybe 1-2 episodes for each girl where we can see them finding a new love or something like that. I just want to see them moving on, forgetting about Rin.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-01-12, 03:29   Link #30
Wrath88
Kissing...

I vote Hell yes. They might be able to add something more and make it a lot better as a series on the whole. And hopefully give some of the other characters more screen time. *ahem*Nerine*ahem*
Old 2006-01-12, 03:36   Link #31
LilleNisse

To quote a song wich singer or name I really dont remember

Quote:
I just cant get enought, I just cant get enought!

There you have my answer
Old 2006-01-12, 06:02   Link #32
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
there'd better be another shuffle season or i'll be bored to death.
Old 2006-01-12, 09:28   Link #33
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I voted yes, but I'd rather they either go the DCSS route (change the characters up slightly, if they animated Tick Tack!'s storyline that would qualify) or the Fumoffu route (stories disconnected from the continuity of the main series). Apparently I'm one of the few people who actually laughed out loud during Shuffle! though. I'd actually like to see more of the comedy bits (right about 13 episodes), and pass on the drama (which I don't think they'd be able to improve much on anyway).

EDIT: Though Radiosity's idea sounds awfully cute.

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-01-12 at 10:44.
Old 2006-01-12, 09:44   Link #34
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Apparently I'm one of the few people who actually laughed out loud during Shuffle! though
Me too. The drama was good, but the comedy was better by far IMHO.

Quote:
Though Radiosity's idea sounds awfully cute.
Thankee It'd be like the up to date version of Pretty Sammy. Handkerchief man could be the slightly disturbing bit part character, Asa and Rin would be Onee and Onii chan respectively, the other girls would be friends of those two who get into sticky situations that the RimBomi duo need to rescue them from... hmm, that could actually work, surprisingly enough

edit: Hmm, need a bad guy though. Heh, Itsuki? In fact that could work as well, since he's always womanizing the girls and generally being naughty
Old 2006-01-12, 10:04   Link #35
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
there'd better be another shuffle season or i'll be bored to death.
Well have fun being bored to death. Since alot of the time(from the little amounts of anime I've seen ^^;; ) they try to close up shows is when they dont do a Second Season, like Shuffle they added the opening ending with the second half of ep.24 so its possiable but they wont do it though if there is a second season of Shuffle I'm going to be fairly suprized.

Plus just the way the Shuffle is along the game, manga & anime, It doesn't look like it will happen unless they do a similar thing to season 1 (or mabye OVA of Tick Tack ) Though its always kinda hard to tell since there are always Crazy!! (Fanboy..). Producers out there that do continuation of shows like Tenjou tenge OVA
Old 2006-01-12, 10:16   Link #36
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I wanted to vote for a hell no but I had to settle for a no. The other option don't ruin a good thing just doesn't do it because the series itself ruined the best thing it had going for it. Yeap, Shuffle didn't live up to the promise it was showing in the episode 19-20, so I'm still a bit bitter, just a tiny bit. Episode 23-24 just made me laugh for the writers reusing that boxcutter idea once again. What does a nurse do with a boxcutter anyway? Castrate the male patient for lewd behavior?

The series was good but not that good to milk it with a second season.
Old 2006-01-12, 10:43   Link #37
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
What does a nurse do with a boxcutter anyway? Castrate the male patient for lewd behavior?

I would imagine they open boxes and letters with them. The same thing the rest of us do with them (except apparently in anime land, where they are used as deadly weapons). I work at a software development company and I have one on my desk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiosity
Thankee It'd be like the up to date version of Pretty Sammy. Handkerchief man could be the slightly disturbing bit part character, Asa and Rin would be Onee and Onii chan respectively, the other girls would be friends of those two who get into sticky situations that the RimBomi duo need to rescue them from... hmm, that could actually work, surprisingly enough
See, I'm thinking Itsuki can be the creepy older character. "Come on, Rimu-chan, call me oniichan" "Get lost, Itsuki-san". They could just develop a new bad guy.

Though I really think it would be better to just have episodes focusing on the hilarious things the other characters get themselves into and then Primula and Tsubomi save them. Throw in Nerine and Kareha as the other semi-major characters (being the ones Primula and Tsubomi would ask for advice, also fitting their image as two of the characters who are less likely to have hijinx going on, plus it fixes the disparity in screen time from the first season). I think that's a great idea, same characters, different adventures.
Old 2006-01-12, 10:43   Link #38
Forever
Revealing the truth

A second season only if kaede or nerine or primula is going to win....
Old 2006-01-12, 10:58   Link #39
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

I would imagine they open boxes and letters with them. The same thing the rest of us do with them (except apparently in anime land, where they are used as deadly weapons). I work at a software development company and I have one on my desk.
We know at least one example of the use of boxcutter as deadly weapon in real life. Even though the boxcutter part can be explained away, I believe it was more bad writing in the animators part, not to mention it is unusual to have a nurse carried it for opening letters or boxes. Its simply not part of their everyday job.
Old 2006-01-12, 11:00   Link #40
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
A second season only if kaede or nerine or primula is going to win....
Second that, and add Sia Anyone but an Asa-like character, please

Preferably Kaede since she's my favorite