AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's episode?
* 2 1.56%
** 3 2.34%
*** 28 21.88%
**** 69 53.91%
***** 26 20.31%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-17, 04:06   Link #21
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor
Sergey is clearly the hero (or depending on viewpoint, villain) in the series. He uses his manly charms to enrapture both unofficial candidates for Queen, causes disorder in Windbloom as an Artai agent, and when things get hairy enough he plants Arika/Nina as Queen and the road to King's throne is set in stone. After that, he uses his intimate knowledge of Artai to implicate it as a hostile nation to set all countries in the path of war, and after years of politicking, campaigning and plotting he will finally realize his ultimate goal, Emperor of the World.
I guess that's why he's called the "North Hound"
Old 2006-01-17, 05:15   Link #22
Shizuru-chan

Send a message via ICQ to Shizuru-chan Send a message via MSN to Shizuru-chan
Well even though the preview for ep 15 was boring, im still expecting something to happen. you'll never know. And im not really a fan of ArikaxSergay..
i want ShizxNat. lol..well best hopes for ep 15
Old 2006-01-17, 06:16   Link #23
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hey c'mon, you don't get a name like 'North Hound' by sitting back and looking pretty, no matter what Nina thinks. Most likely got it ... when he was 18...? Geez - he was 19 when he adopted Nina so he got that sort of moniker in one year of service in the army???

And I know this is but doesn't Rad look like Briareos from AppleSeed??
Old 2006-01-17, 06:29   Link #24
Retsoor

>> Geez - he was 19 when he adopted Nina so he got that sort of moniker in one year of service in the army???

I imagine he is a minor aristocrat or related to one, since he got sent abroad to study from a poor nation, so his house and clothes in Nina's flashbacks might not be entirely due to military achievements. If not, then he must be a conventional military heavyweight, which, while not entirely believable, wouldn't exactly trouble me. However, his status and the deeds inherent in his nickname are just as impressive at his current age.
Old 2006-01-17, 09:07   Link #25
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Yeah seriously... How did he escape Ketos with only a scratch?
The wonders of the plot-shield. At the current rate I suspect that no one important will die in this series except possibly Tomoe.

As for this episode, I expect it to be boring. Arika will be saved and everyone will rejoice...
Old 2006-01-17, 09:14   Link #26
Zafo
Then up comes Zafo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Maybe he can kill Slaves with a harpoon?

I often wondered how the hell did he escape from that Aswald Fish-Slave. I doubt an aquatic Slave vanishes in the water, and there's no way Sergay can outrun a Slave carrying Arika. And there was wayyyy too much blood on that sea of blood left to be Sergay's scratch on his hand. And I don't think killing Slaves is as simple as just poking them with something sharp.
Sergey is actually a woman and materialized her Otome robe and struck fishy down.
Old 2006-01-17, 10:33   Link #27
asds

Damn ...as a woman i wanna say only one thing.

I hope they kick some ass soon , and I mean by that some Maistar level battles.

By Thursday we shall know what happens in 15.

Well this series may also turn out like Gundam seed destiny if Fukuda is working in da shadows
Old 2006-01-17, 11:47   Link #28
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafo
Sergey is actually a woman and materialized her Otome robe and struck fishy down.
Considering how much people here at AF speculated way~~~ too much, this might actually be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asds
Well this series may also turn out like Gundam seed destiny if Fukuda is working in da shadows
Nah, if he was, it'd be like GSD from episode 5 onwards. For him to only screw up at the last few episodes can be considered a miracle.
Old 2006-01-17, 14:48   Link #29
xat
*Fansubber

Let's hope the initial raw captures are a little better this time.
Old 2006-01-17, 14:59   Link #30
sytyue

Child?

I'm not sure if anyone picked up on this but Miyu said something about the slaves being Child-like during her conversation with Shizuru. What do you think? Think the otome's can still call out their Child?

Just wondering ^^
Old 2006-01-17, 15:05   Link #31
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Think the otome's can still call out their Child?
Where was it stated that Otomes can call out childs?

Better yet, what does that make Iron Fang/Gakatenou? It was a CHILD back in Mai Hime and if it's a slave here then what is a child? Or was it a CHILD?
Old 2006-01-17, 15:16   Link #32
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Where was it stated that Otomes can call out childs?

Better yet, what does that make Iron Fang/Gakatenou? It was a CHILD back in Mai Hime and if it's a slave here then what is a child? Or was it a CHILD?
It is a Slave or a Child?

Natsuki and co id it as a slave but would they know of the difference between a Slave and a Child?

According to Miyu (doremi subs) the slaves that spark the border fight are slaves that are getting more "child like." So appearantly there are differences betweens Slaves and Childs in terms of abilities.
Old 2006-01-17, 17:01   Link #33
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Arika vs Nina!!! Sweet!

... more than likely it's gonna be interrupted yet AGAIN. Mou~!

I also want to see Sergay vs Rad in a 'continuation bout' from MH ... but probably NOT gonna happen either.
Old 2006-01-17, 17:41   Link #34
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Please try to stay within speculating or posting about Episode 15 and not, say, Episode 17 or 18. Thanks.
Old 2006-01-17, 17:52   Link #35
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Gomen nasai...

Okay, now that Sergay more or less 'knows' who the real Princess is, who is he going to tell - Nagi or Natsuki? I'm in favor of him telling Natsuki over Nagi any day, especially if his reaction to the brieifing he got from the Grand Duke is any indication.
Old 2006-01-17, 18:01   Link #36
Pazu
F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Maybe he can kill Slaves with a harpoon?

I often wondered how the hell did he escape from that Aswald Fish-Slave. I doubt an aquatic Slave vanishes in the water, and there's no way Sergay can outrun a Slave carrying Arika.
we are forgetting that Arika had her GEM-protector with her
It was enough for Sergey to be near her... GEM could work as before, with Mashiro and Slave incident...
Yohko didn't notice Robe activity, because indeed it wasn't any Robe.
...but well, maybe he is the hero
Old 2006-01-17, 20:51   Link #37
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Please try to stay within speculating or posting about Episode 15 and not, say, Episode 17 or 18. Thanks.
Ahem... Oops

And thanks for moving them

Forgot about the other threads. You'll find the future episode synopses here

Last edited by piccolo; 2006-01-17 at 21:18.
Old 2006-01-17, 21:17   Link #38
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Gomen nasai...

Okay, now that Sergay more or less 'knows' who the real Princess is, who is he going to tell - Nagi or Natsuki? I'm in favor of him telling Natsuki over Nagi any day, especially if his reaction to the brieifing he got from the Grand Duke is any indication.
You hit the nail right on the mark, I think. Arika's world could fall appart depending on what Sergey does (and I'm not talking about that love thing.)
  • If Sergey tells Natsuki, Arika may be forced to retire as an Otome
  • If Sergey tells Nagi, Nagi may just use Arika to control the world with. It is, after all, why he had Sergey search for the real Queen.
  • If Sergey tell Arika, Arika may just spill the beans. If that happens, see point #1.

Now that Sergey discovered who the real queen is, he is left with a major dilemna.
  • Sergey can continue to fund Arika, although he knows she is not Rena's daughter
  • Sergey can remove Arika's funding. But in doing so he will arouse suspicions.

If Nagi is ever to discover that Sergey funded the Queen and, yet, didn't inform him that Arika was the Queen, heads are going to roll...

What a convoluted plot SUNRISE was able to come up with. And that Arika is in love with Sergey doesn't make it easier. In fact, it may just force Sergey to do the right thing.

Selling a person off who one doesn't care about is much easier that selling a person off who one cares about. So, Sergey, Hound of the North, what are you going to do? Is your heart enfolded in ice as you devour your victims? Or has it melted thanks to Arika?
Old 2006-01-17, 21:52   Link #39
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo
You hit the nail right on the mark, I think. Arika's world could fall appart depending on what Sergey does (and I'm not talking about that love thing.)
  • If Sergey tells Natsuki, Arika may be forced to retire as an Otome
  • If Sergey tells Nagi, Nagi may just use Arika to control the world with. It is, after all, why he had Sergey search for the real Queen.
  • If Sergey tell Arika, Arika may just spill the beans. If that happens, see point #1.

Now that Sergey discovered who the real queen is, he is left with a major dilemna.
  • Sergey can continue to fund Arika, although he knows she is not Rena's daughter
  • Sergey can remove Arika's funding. But in doing so he will arouse suspicions.

If Nagi is ever to discover that Sergey funded the Queen and, yet, didn't inform him that Arika was the Queen, heads are going to roll...

What a convoluted plot SUNRISE was able to come up with. And that Arika is in love with Sergey doesn't make it easier. In fact, it may just force Sergey to do the right thing.

Selling a person off who one doesn't care about is much easier that selling a person off who one cares about. So, Sergey, Hound of the North, what are you going to do? Is your heart enfolded in ice as you devour your victims? Or has it melted thanks to Arika?
I think Nagi already KNOWS that Sergay was doing exactly that - that's why he sent that briefing to him - to see whether or not Sergay's gonna be side with him or take off. In which case, Nagi will probably grab Nina to use as leverage and to keep Sergay's mouth shut about Atari's involvement.

He'd probably keep on funding her just because he wants to. She certainly got the potential - that's why Natsuki won't get rid of her despite all of the 'new facts' that will come to light. She said that she'd leave things up to fate (hints from a 'past life'? hmmm...) and you can't get any more 'fated' than Nina, Arika, and Mashiro.

As for the Hound of the North - that's partly the reason why I say he's gonna run to Natsuki - Hound of the North / Duran - anyone else see any similarities??? b
Old 2006-01-17, 22:40   Link #40
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
As for the Hound of the North - that's partly the reason why I say he's gonna run to Natsuki - Hound of the North / Duran - anyone else see any similarities??? b
*watches as he shiznat fans chase tempest with pitchforks and buring torches.