AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-19, 00:23   Link #61
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This was a decent start for a filler, and there are a lot of things for me to say that revolve fast around my head.

What I could interpret about the Izouro pun was that Kisuke and his staff screwed up to Renji to have fun at his expenses.
Spoiler:

The first joke that burst me up was Keigo's snide, gay joke about Ichigo and Chad going together somewhere on vacation since both were nowhere to be seen at the vicinity at that time.
Spoiler:

The second one was the visual joke about Renji's frustration with the lack of free space in the gigai.
Spoiler:

Ok. Now to business.

The plot on this episode centers around Inoue's insecurities and puts doubts on her capacities.
Spoiler:

Finally, I'm enthralled by the quality of the music played when the brother impersonator of Inoue's visits her, and the moment she's sucked into the portal.

If Pierrot keeps this level of quality in both directing and plot, this filler season will make for a satisfactory snack before moving to the next manga arc.
Old 2006-01-19, 00:43   Link #62
OshadowO

nice ep. Good comedy but I have a question about the gigai..
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-19, 00:45   Link #63
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OshadowO
nice ep. Good comedy but I have a question about the gigai..
Spoiler:
That was specifically for Rukia...so she can hide the hougyoko forever. Renji's gigai is the normal ones...err...
Old 2006-01-19, 01:39   Link #64
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Spoiler:
So? Wasn't Renji pretty much a laughingstock before? Besides, I think he's still cool. I don't think it'd fit Renji to stay dead serious all the time. He's still a kid.. relatively to the Soul Society.

Quote:
Finally, I'm enthralled by the quality of the music played when the brother impersonator of Inoue's visits her, and the moment she's sucked into the portal.

If Pierrot keeps this level of quality in both directing and plot, this filler season will make for a satisfactory snack before moving to the next manga arc.
I agree. The production value seems top notch.

One thing I find funny is how this particular angle is almost a mirror image to one of the mini-arch in Yu Yu Hakusho when the main gang was fighting a relatively weak but mysterious and sneaky enemy.

It'd be a funny coincidence if Ichigo gets into serious trouble like Yusuke did in that mini-arch.

Then again, both Yu Yu and Bleach are Pierrot products.
Old 2006-01-19, 03:22   Link #65
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabimaru
Worst ending theme since the first one.
The only hope it gave me was that having the three new baddies dancing around as plush dolls was indicating that they aren't going to be taking this arc too seriously and are just gonna have fun with it and not try to tie it in to the main plotline.
I wouldnt' say worst ending...cause I couldnt' stand Happy People, this new one seems bearable compared to Happy People.

not many anime series do that w/ there ED's anyways :P

this current arc seems pretty interesting and yeah I'll agree w/ another poster about that gate looking like the gate to Hell. The 3 new baddies seem very interesting, though the ED spoils what they look like and it seems there are a couple more baddies after them. I couldn't help but chuckle while Renji was trying to get out of his faux body
Old 2006-01-19, 04:15   Link #66
Samboda

Yoruichi

Did anyone notice the yoruichi cat form animation?

I think its very different from the original.
Old 2006-01-19, 05:09   Link #67
Kiron22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
I wouldnt' say worst ending...cause I couldnt' stand Happy People, this new one seems bearable compared to Happy People.
*sings*
Everybody stand up
I loved happy people, it was great same with Number one (which has dissapeared > )
My favorite music though now has too be the Evil music that was played at the end of the episode, it was creepy and awesome at the same time.
Daw da da DAW da dw DAW da da DAW da dun dun dun dun dun dun
Old 2006-01-19, 09:02   Link #68
Hidden Heart

Hmm...about the theme The "if a were a comet" one is best where they showed a new squad captain and lieutenant. I think is the worst. (even more so than happy people.)

Next...I didnt realy understand that Ishida scene where he was mumbling to himself about not being able to look away anymore. By the way is he still a quincy? I am questioning it. He might just not wanna admit he lost them.
Old 2006-01-19, 10:44   Link #69
Yûyake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Heart
Hmm...about the theme The "if a were a comet" one is best where they showed a new squad captain and lieutenant. I think is the worst. (even more so than happy people.)

Next...I didnt realy understand that Ishida scene where he was mumbling to himself about not being able to look away anymore. By the way is he still a quincy? I am questioning it. He might just not wanna admit he lost them.
I did lost his Quincy power when i fought the capt. Remember, he apologize to his grand-father because his using it, then i think we see a flashback of his g-father telling him that if he use it, he would loose all his Quincy power ... So he did loose it. About the mumbling.. sorry no idea!
Old 2006-01-19, 11:41   Link #70
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Pretty funny episode, although the ending was kinda o_O
The way the new characters were split up, could it be some sort of faction thing? Maybe the characters we see first are the 'good' ones, who kidnap Orihime to try and get the heroes to help them out against the other faction? *shrug* Just speculating...
Old 2006-01-19, 13:08   Link #71
coooltoool

This Episode was really dissapointing.. are they gonna do what they did with naruto and not go with the manga and add lots of stupid fillers?
Old 2006-01-19, 13:13   Link #72
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

That seems to be the plan. However, it's said that Kubo Tite works at least a little with the anime team, so this could be at least somewhat in-canon. (As opposed to the Naruto scooby-doo arc...)
Old 2006-01-19, 13:18   Link #73
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by coooltoool
This Episode was really dissapointing.. are they gonna do what they did with naruto and not go with the manga and add lots of stupid fillers?

No, because Ichigo won't be going to search for a stupid bug to try to find Orihime, Or fight ghosts that are really men who are trying to get a god damn pocket watch to tick again, because its just so hard to find a friggen clocksmith.
Old 2006-01-19, 13:33   Link #74
kishinfoulux

i actually enjoyed the episode. it doesnt even feel like filler at all to me. hell if i didnt know it was i probably wouldnt suspect, so thats obviously a good thing.

this episode felt like the good ol' days with the humor and stuff. i was surprised to see renji show up, but its good to see hell be around. perhaps other captains/vice captains will make appearances as well.
Old 2006-01-19, 13:36   Link #75
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
i enjoyed the begining of the new arc. I loved the fact that i can see ichigo fighting with his dad again it cracks me up everytime his dad launches a sneek attack and gets his ass whooped. Also how about that close line by Ichigo when he gets back to school on that guy (cant remeber his name) but it made my neck hurt just looking at it. over all not bad i am sure how i feel about them using Orihime's brother again but i guess we will have to wait to see how it pans out.
Old 2006-01-19, 13:52   Link #76
shikamarufoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiron22
Spoiler:
LOL that's some crazy coincedience(sp?). This episode was funny with Ichigo's dad and him fighting during the morning. Also when they were messing with Renji lol. I really wonder who those 3 people are...(sorry I didn't read any posts before this page).
Old 2006-01-19, 14:29   Link #77
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishinfoulux
i actually enjoyed the episode. it doesnt even feel like filler at all to me. hell if i didnt know it was i probably wouldnt suspect, so thats obviously a good thing.

this episode felt like the good ol' days with the humor and stuff. i was surprised to see renji show up, but its good to see hell be around. perhaps other captains/vice captains will make appearances as well.
The thing is, this "filler" episode actually had more meaningful character development than maybe the last 4 or 5 episodes of the main story arch.

I always thought Kubo Tite was neglecting all the other characters except for a few Shinigami and Ichigo. I really think they need to do a lot more with Chad and Inoue.
Old 2006-01-19, 15:50   Link #78
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix

Argh fillers, but Bleach has not disappointed me so far, so I expect it to be super stimulating to my brain. ^^

Visit My Graphic Site: The Forgotten Lair
Old 2006-01-19, 16:47   Link #79
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
The thing is, this "filler" episode actually had more meaningful character development than maybe the last 4 or 5 episodes of the main story arch.

I always thought Kubo Tite was neglecting all the other characters except for a few Shinigami and Ichigo. I really think they need to do a lot more with Chad and Inoue.
Actually, Chad and Inoue's doubts in this episode are pretty much straight from the manga (although of course different things are happening around them). Just so you know.

The filler has been good so far, although it remains to be seen how they'll treat the non-comedy aspects.
Old 2006-01-19, 17:33   Link #80
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

^

Yeah. I can see that. Except I think it really does the characters disservice when they merely comment on what's on their mind when all the main action is being done by Ichigo or other shinigami.
Closed Thread