Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-25, 03:45   Link #21
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
I'm really confused here guys... how can you tell that it's a filler? It looks like just a normal episode to me. Am I missing something?
Wasn't there a single moment in the episode that felt like, "Hey, that's not how Kubo tells his story!" Even if I wasn't told for the umpteenth time that this arc will be err.. original, I would have picked up something is wrong when the little girl starts playing "Simon says" with the Ichigo and the gang. There are also other signs such as the downturn of the overall animation quality within one episode which could be interpreted as if the anime team is ready to delve into the hybernating mode to conserve their energy/yen until the anime is allowed to tackle the next manga arc. Also, how about some of the background music, or the character design of the villains, or the ending theme? Those are all fair clues to pick up the original-story vibe. And there is also the most important test that hasn't been given to the arc yet, which is when our heroes are ready to engage the enemy in a fight. A fight can almost always (99.99999999% of the time) determine if the story told is following a well known script or it is entirely... errr.. the original creation of the animators. As those who have followed some amount of shounen series should know very well that all their disliking for filler generated from the various discrepencies' surfacing in those filler arc, especially the fights i.e. inconsistency and even contradiction to the established personality/strength/temperament of a character, repetitiveness, redundancy, randomness, style difference as to how the story is told from the established storyline, and so on.

For me, it wasn't a bad episode but I've definitely picked up on the filler vibe when the girl still insist on playing the "Simon says" game in her 2nd phone call (repetitiveness). Anyway, the jury is still out on if Bleach's filler would indeed follow those of other lengthy shounen series.

P.S. Just to be clear, I am an anime-only watcher who has yet to read on one whole manga, so I don't think I can fall in with Bronwen's categorization of those evil manga-nerds who just are too spoiled to like change and the unknown. Good to see you back Bronwen!
Old 2006-01-25, 04:19   Link #22
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Spoiler:

More good stuff to come, though does anyone have anything about how long this "original story" is going to last for?.......
________
Silver surfer vaporizer

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:59.
Old 2006-01-25, 04:27   Link #23
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Wasn't there a single moment in the episode that felt like, "Hey, that's not how Kubo tells his story!" Even if I wasn't told for the umpteenth time that this arc will be err.. original, I would have picked up something is wrong when the little girl starts playing "Simon says" with the Ichigo and the gang. There are also other signs such as the downturn of the overall animation quality within one episode which could be interpreted as if the anime team is ready to delve into the hybernating mode to conserve their energy/yen until the anime is allowed to tackle the next manga arc. Also, how about some of the background music, or the character design of the villains, or the ending theme? Those are all fair clues to pick up the original-story vibe. And there is also the most important test that hasn't been given to the arc yet, which is when our heroes are ready to engage the enemy in a fight. A fight can almost always (99.99999999% of the time) determine if the story told is following a well known script or it is entirely... errr.. the original creation of the animators. As those who have followed some amount of shounen series should know very well that all their disliking for filler generated from the various discrepencies' surfacing in those filler arc, especially the fights i.e. inconsistency and even contradiction to the established personality/strength/temperament of a character, repetitiveness, redundancy, randomness, style difference as to how the story is told from the established storyline, and so on.
I don't know this "Kubo" guy personally, so I don't know what he wants in an anime. And why does the "Simon says" thing matter? That's just how the character is. The animation quality didn't change at all from what I could tell, the background music was as cool as always, the villains were different(c'mon, do you actually want the same kind of villain all the time? ), and the ending song is pretty catchy.
Quote:
For me, it wasn't a bad episode but I've definitely picked up on the filler vibe when the girl still insist on playing the "Simon says" game in her 2nd phone call (repetitiveness). Anyway, the jury is still out on if Bleach's filler would indeed follow those of other lengthy shounen series.
Like I said, it's just how the character is. Are you saying that there has to be a specific type of character for any anime to be "normal"? I fail to see the logic in that.
Quote:
P.S. Just to be clear, I am an anime-only watcher who has yet to read on one whole manga, so I don't think I can fall in with Bronwen's categorization of those evil manga-nerds who just are too spoiled to like change and the unknown. Good to see you back Bronwen!
I wasn't wanting to categorize anyone in the first place. I was just making a point that there's nothing wrong with this episode.
Old 2006-01-25, 05:16   Link #24
chidzuyo

I don't really like this filler / original anime story, it's a bit too draggy for me. The progress is kinda slow...

But I do want more Urahara and Yoruichi scenes, haha.
Old 2006-01-25, 05:22   Link #25
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidzuyo
I don't really like this filler / original anime story, it's a bit too draggy for me. The progress is kinda slow...

But I do want more Urahara and Yoruichi scenes, haha.
The progress is kinda slow? If anything, you should blame that on the 40+ episode Soul Society arc. Jeez, the excuses ppl come up with...
Old 2006-01-25, 05:29   Link #26
Miacis

Seems this little extra arc would be a lot better if the pacing and writing weren't so painfully simple. To add insult to injury the new bgm.. well, it isn't horrible. But the arrangement is outright awful. It just seemed like there were so many awkward moments script-wise that it clogged up the entire flow of the episode. Even the voice actors (Whom I usually enjoy quite a bit in Bleach.) seemed a little out of place at times.

I wouldn't say episode 65 was bad. I'm not wild about the new arc's premise, but I don't dislike it either. It was just awkward. Of course, the running gag's were the best moments of the episode. (Inoue's simple flashbacks, Renji's freeloading, Ishida's freakishly dexterous use of sewing instruments.)

Lastly, I would've never thought Renji to be the studious type. I thought it was funny when he kind of gave Ichigo & company a look when they just nonchalantly skipped class.
Old 2006-01-25, 05:30   Link #27
Istan Bravo
rein meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka
didn't like this episode

i especially get annoyed when seeing those kind of "games"
I agree with you. The run to here and run to there is just to kill the air time. The animation in this episode is inconsistent and pretty bad.
Old 2006-01-25, 05:38   Link #28
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
The progress is kinda slow? If anything, you should blame that on the 40+ episode Soul Society arc. Jeez, the excuses ppl come up with...
No, really. It was slow. Three boring running scenes. One would have been fine, but three was just a way to kill time. And somehow I felt like I was watching Die Hard 3. Urk, I hated that movie and now it has been recycled as a Bleach episode.

Much more like this and I'll have to describe this original story with the f-word.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-25, 06:16   Link #29
swerv
Stay Up

Repeatedly running from location to location is the definition of filler - no progression, boring, interspersed with lots of static scenes - like western 80's cartoons (spiderman etc)

In fact I'm only upto 12 mins into the episode and I don't think I'll bother watching the rest of it. This is every bit as disapointing as the Naruto filler. It can't even be compared to the episodes earlier in the series which did have real humour in them.

Last edited by swerv; 2006-01-25 at 11:57.
Old 2006-01-25, 07:36   Link #30
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Why didnt Renji goes back to SS.. Is it mandatory for him to stay in the real world while he was in charge of it? I didnt thinl that was the case with Rukia before ...

And why is he have to freeload at Uruhara's? Dont the higher ups at least have a place for their operative to work in real world .. at least where they can eat and such

And so the 13 groups were converted to search group and dismissed ... what??? So there are definitely no problem whatsoever with SS would happen with Aizen gone... o_0. How nice.. If I have a grudge on SS.. this would be the time to attack them This is plain stupid IMO. assigning a few division as search group is understandable but ..... >.<

AAAAArrrghh.. so many thing to bash .. so lazy to type
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-01-25, 08:49   Link #31
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I have a feeling that those new enemies (that three that is plushies in ED) are just another good comrades team that is controlled somehow by the guy from ED or they underlings of somebody that has to sarve that guy

and Renji being freeloader (never heard of gigaied shinigami having real home, Renji for some reason needs his gigai and it needs reacharging so Urahara's place is the best, and Afro guy didn't have gigai at all) and not going back isn't something strange (why he would leave his post when something is about to happen)
Old 2006-01-25, 08:57   Link #32
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

what i can only say is.... 'disappointing'... hopefully it will get better?
Old 2006-01-25, 09:01   Link #33
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^Still that doesnt explain it.. Surely if gigai is important ... then there should be one the provide it .. And uruhara is considered as a fugitive.. if all representative of SS came to get their stuff from him
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-01-25, 09:06   Link #34
arvineFei
ShinigamiGoD

Send a message via MSN to arvineFei Send a message via Yahoo to arvineFei
Hey, I think this & the previous ep is good. Although I do sense sth was amiss when I watched this ep, like sensing that this a filler ep like what monir said. maybe it was the drawing, not up to the quality, they looked different. (fyi, I dun read the manga).
Anyway, I still like this, gonna need to take some break from the serious plot. Love to see Ichigo in his real world & see how Renji is taking it all.
Should be thankful that you have sumthing to wac rather than nothing at all while waiting for the manga rite? So quit the whining bout 'fillers or not'. I'll rather wac & enjoy it while waiting for the manga, fillers or not...
Old 2006-01-25, 09:09   Link #35
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I am an anime watcher only But that doesnt mean I cant see the oddities here and there
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-01-25, 09:16   Link #36
arvineFei
ShinigamiGoD

Send a message via MSN to arvineFei Send a message via Yahoo to arvineFei
Hope it wont be long for the real arc to come out though.
May those days be filled with good fillers...
Old 2006-01-25, 11:59   Link #37
Kiron22

I was hoping the fillers would go like FMP: Fumoffu
I actully am a fan of some of the BGM, espically episode 64, the music in the last scenes was perfect it was creepy and everything.
I noticed the animation was jumping around between normal and bad.
Somehow I get the feeling that the "search" squads will have something too do with this story, also Dracula, because he is in the credits.

They said a Year until Aizen comes back, if we follow DBZ time that means roughly 20-30 years of fillers.
Old 2006-01-25, 12:22   Link #38
Vicke

Uh I did not like this "original story" episode, hope next will be better
Old 2006-01-25, 12:50   Link #39
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
^Still that doesnt explain it.. Surely if gigai is important ... then there should be one the provide it .. And uruhara is considered as a fugitive.. if all representative of SS came to get their stuff from him
and if SS gave Renji his gigai than it might explain why he has such weird clothes (or it was Urahara's joke if he made it for him, but I doubt it) and maybe in SS they fill up gigaies, but Renji would go there only for that reason when it'd be at its limits (more than a month) and Shinigami should return SS more often than that
Old 2006-01-25, 12:53   Link #40
Goldsplinter

Spoiler:
Closed Thread