Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-25, 17:53   Link #61
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugundamfreak
did anyone else feel that the animation quality of the episode felt poor compared to a regular eps.
Only every single person who has commented on it in this thread so far. I'm not going to count up all the complaints about animation quality over the last 3 pages, but it is quite a lot. Please take the time to at least glance at a thread before commenting on the episode.

Or at least try phrasing it as a statement instead of a question. That way we wouldn't know that you hadn't read what was already written about the terrible animation.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-25, 19:27   Link #62
GunSharp

Wow, I go from watching Ichigo fight Eizen and Kenpachi to this...the Barnum and Bailey circus. Actually fight isn't even the right word there but whatever.

My complaints:

Why is there so much pointless and dumb humor when one of their friends is in danger and may die?

Why did Yoruichi and Sandal hat just stand there observing that ominous tornado above their house when they could have probably easily done something about it?

Why did they stop drawing faces on Ichigo at some points in the anime?

Why do I get the feeling Naruto filler is gonna be much better than this?
Old 2006-01-25, 20:59   Link #63
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
Oh, you know after listening to the new ED a couple of times... I really like it, itīs catchy.
I originally hated it.

BUT, its been stuck in my head all day after watching #65 this morning Not too bad
Old 2006-01-25, 21:28   Link #64
Eclipze

Just watched the episode (okok, I watched it yestaday ).

Its was ok, story-wise. The only problem I have is the animation for Ichigo and Ishida.

Especially when Ichigo was angsting at the telephone booth at the supermarket. Thats was COMPLETELY not Ichigo-like. Even the voice for that part was weid.

For Ishida, there was a part(when he was lockpicking Inoue's house door I believe) where his faced was drawn really bad(like an old wrinkled man....bleh ).

Just hope they dont show anymore "Un-Ichigo" animation or voice acting again...
Old 2006-01-25, 21:43   Link #65
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir

P.S. Just to be clear, I am an anime-only watcher who has yet to read on one whole manga, so I don't think I can fall in with Bronwen's categorization of those evil manga-nerds who just are too spoiled to like change and the unknown. Good to see you back Bronwen!
XD Don't worry too much. I most definitely know you aren't one of those ebil manga-nerds. Mwhaha. I know who they are...most of them at least. @_@ Thanks! It is sorta good to be back...posting that is.

I really really like the ED though, it is so catchy. I really don't have a problem with the girl insisting on playing Simon says, Bleach villains never insisted to be normal villains IMO much less the main characters. Normal? Who?

I found it funny. :shrug: Probably is just me. I'm not a hard critique or anything as long it's entertaining, plot holes are excused. It's easier to make a filler in Bleach than filler in Naruto, so the worst case scenario is that Bleach fillers goes down to the level of Naruto fillers but if it's safe to say, I'll just consider it a parody arc of a sort and leave it at that.
Old 2006-01-25, 22:06   Link #66
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I think Renji raiding the fridge was teh funniest part of the episode XD

Poor freeloader-san, can't get enough rice at Uraharas.
Old 2006-01-25, 22:07   Link #67
KanaKaishou

It actually maintained a serious tone well...it didn't manage the comedy+drama elements well, but that was the only real problem. Episode issues, not plot ones. Episode issues I can deal with.
Old 2006-01-25, 22:12   Link #68
Kiron22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Perhaps you didn't know, but Fumoffu was not an original story. Every single episode of FMP: Fumoffu was in the original novels. Perhaps that is why it was so enjoyable?

Or perhaps a year means a year of original stories?
Yeah I was just saying I was hoping it would be based around the school and just comedic (fumoffu is the funniest anime along with ES and PPP).

I was making a joke how time is repesented in anime, do you remember the freiza saga?
"Namek will explode in 5 minutes"
20 episodes later
"Namek will explode in 4 minutes"
50 episodes later
"Namek will explode is 5 minutes"
30 Episodes later
"namek will explode in 5 seconds"
150 episodes later
"namek will explode in 1 second"
535 episodes later
"Goku has finally made it off namek"
Old 2006-01-25, 23:23   Link #69
Petbe
Wingless Angel

I for one enjoyed the episode. It is understadable that the animation will not be so thoroughly done like the previous episodes. We all knew it would happen but the question was to what extent it would happen. I am satisfied with how it turned out, it is better then what i expected. As long as the episodes do not end up being repetative like the Naruto episodes, I will keep on watching. The one problem I have is it feels like they are rushing to get everything into one episode. This is at the filler stage so maybe they should take there time a tad.

Also another thing I am worried about is the fights up ahead. Ichigo has raise to captain strength, fair enough. I just hope they do not screw it up and either make him too strong, over do certain things (such as hollow) or make him too weak. I am looking forward to next episode.

As for this episode it was fine. Kinda got annoying with the running around which turned out fine at the last time. I do not really know what to say about the episode. The initial plan has yet to be revealed and probably will show itself in probably two episodes.
Old 2006-01-26, 00:25   Link #70
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Wow, seriously...

I don't get you guys. You claim that the animation is SO horrible. I've seriously sat through the ep 4 times and studied every screenshot I could find, and I haven't noticed ANY difference in animation from previous episodes.

There's no reason to change animation style for the worst, or anything for that matter, just because it's an anime-only episode. Any one of you could pick apart any previous episode JUST LIKE THIS, as there is NO DIFFERENCE in animation quality. Simply put, ALL OF YOU ARE PARANOID.
Old 2006-01-26, 00:42   Link #71
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I thought the animation quality was just a bit quirky at times, but nothing to really complain about (nothing like what happened with Mai Otome's ep 15.. those who follow that one should know about it).

I personally liked the episode a lot. Lots of quirky fun little moments and the enemies are mysterious enough.

At the very least, it seems like there's many more dimensions to Bleach's universe than just Hell, living world and Soul Society.
Old 2006-01-26, 00:59   Link #72
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
I don't get you guys. You claim that the animation is SO horrible. I've seriously sat through the ep 4 times and studied every screenshot I could find, and I haven't noticed ANY difference in animation from previous episodes.
You watched the episode 4 times? Seriously?! Did you really enjoy it that much?

As for the animation, it isn't a big difference, but it is clearly being done by the B-animators. It is only a small difference, they aren't totally dropping the ball on this. Though, listening to us talk about the inferior animation while it all looks the same to you, must make you feel like you're taking crazy pills, huh?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-26, 01:10   Link #73
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm very much pleased with the improvements set in the soundtrack for this filler arc.

However, I'm offset with how they dealt Cloud's presentation.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-26, 01:21   Link #74
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
In one shot the black tornado descends over Inoue's house, then the next the imposter Inoue strangles Chad.

Either rushed without warning that part or the animators ran out of frame shooting sequences.

The imposter Inoue is right besides Chad in the first frame, the second frame closes up on Ichigo's face sideways, and then third time has the imposter Inoue attacking without previous warning.

That felt like montages of video collage pasted together in series of still frames.
The hallmark of bad storyboarding. The shame of this is that even if the story is original, they should still be able to do everything else properly.

Old 2006-01-26, 01:24   Link #75
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
As for the animation, it isn't a big difference, but it is clearly being done by the B-animators. It is only a small difference, they aren't totally dropping the ball on this. Though, listening to us talk about the inferior animation while it all looks the same to you, must make you feel like you're taking crazy pills, huh?
Pink tekst

I'm sorry... what?
Quote:
Spoiler:
I dunno, that scene made sense to me...

(then again, I'm me)
Old 2006-01-26, 01:43   Link #76
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
There's no reason to change animation style for the worst, or anything for that matter, just because it's an anime-only episode. Any one of you could pick apart any previous episode JUST LIKE THIS, as there is NO DIFFERENCE in animation quality. Simply put, ALL OF YOU ARE PARANOID.
There is just ONE scene Im particularly ticked about though...

Dattabayo's version, time frame: 12.17-12.31

Oh my gosh...Ichigo looked like he had something stuck in his a**. Plus the fact that it was very un-Ichigo-like for him to be so paranoid(we know he isnt such an angsty person...).

Oh, another scene that seemed really out of place.
time frame: 7.14-7.17

Ishida looking totally whacked...and it wasn't suppose to be a funny scene too.

Thats just me...
Old 2006-01-26, 01:55   Link #77
midgard

Quote:
Spoiler:
I'm not sure what you mean neither....

Quote:
The hallmark of bad storyboarding. The shame of this is that even if the story is original, they should still be able to do everything else properly.
you are welcome to explain this to me too bc I really don't see where
Old 2006-01-26, 01:56   Link #78
U<3Anime
Boo!

Oh man, animation quality dropping? Hope it doesnt turn out like naruto because ichigo had really big ugly eyes on the last episode....By the way, has anybody seen the preview for this arc from this magazine scan? Man, can wait until more backups show up.
Old 2006-01-26, 01:59   Link #79
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime
Oh man, animation quality dropping? Hope it doesnt turn out like naruto because ichigo had really big ugly eyes on the last episode....By the way, has anybody seen the preview for this arc from this magazine scan? Man, can wait until more backups show up.
He has big ugly eyes in EVERY episode...
Old 2006-01-26, 02:31   Link #80
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516
I originally hated it.

BUT, its been stuck in my head all day after watching #65 this morning Not too bad
I told you so, it is catchy.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Closed Thread