Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-28, 09:39   Link #121
Imion
Bakabakabaka! >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka
After watching 3 episodes I can say that this series is really funny, but seriously, why the hell do some characters have animal ears? It looks like they're actually parts of their bodies and not just kinky headgear. I think especially Ayumi would look a lot better without them.

I'd rather say those are barrettes, not ears.
Old 2006-01-28, 14:22   Link #122
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Being an ex-HP fanatic, I really don't think it sounds like any of the HP pieces. Sorry mate. XD The only piece I have heard in an oriental show that sounds remotely like one of the HP music pieces would be the school theme in the most recent rendition of live action Hana Yori Dango.
Are you sure? I swear its exactly the same as the main theme except the notes are rearranged.
Old 2006-01-28, 17:27   Link #123
Kensuke

IMO, episode 3 was funnies so far. Heh, I really like Mai Nakahara in this episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-28, 17:31   Link #124
ayyo

Elfen Lied style scenes? I don't remember Elfen Lied doing anything unique that warrants things being named after it. Refresh my memory?
Old 2006-01-28, 17:35   Link #125
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
I lol'd hardcore @ Maika's brainwashing. It's somehow cute, funny, and scary
That scene was awesome--the scene where Maika and Haruo are rehearsing the play was classic too. I thought I was watching Shuffle there for a minute and Maika was going to whip out a boxcutter. I didn't expect much going into this series, but so far it's been hilarious.
Old 2006-01-28, 17:55   Link #126
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
Elfen Lied style scenes? I don't remember Elfen Lied doing anything unique that warrants things being named after it. Refresh my memory?
I just had déjà vu with this scene. Of course I might be wrong but EL is pretty new series so they parodied it.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-28, 19:44   Link #127
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Heh. I liked how Harue went Hakuto no Ken-style at the end of the first half of the episode. ATATATATATATATATTATATA~
Old 2006-01-28, 20:19   Link #128
Calca
Expressionless

This series has been a pleasant surprise for me. It's a lot funnier than I thought it would be.
Old 2006-01-28, 21:58   Link #129
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

lol, maika couldve been the next kaede in that ep. haruo was actually pretty cool when he said that, they need to make him evil more often!
Old 2006-01-29, 00:37   Link #130
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

This series was a big surprise to me. I miss Maburaho when it ended but this is starting to fill that gap nicely. 3 Girls after clueless guy and all are witches (Though one is his sister). I like it!

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2006-01-29, 03:57   Link #131
trueazn141

sry, still pissed about the comment by DragoonKain3 so i had to get in my say. How the fuck does Ayumi's look grate on you, only reason i started watching this show was because how sexy she looked.
Old 2006-01-29, 05:07   Link #132
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueazn141
sry, still pissed about the comment by DragoonKain3 so i had to get in my say. How the fuck does Ayumi's look grate on you, only reason i started watching this show was because how sexy she looked.
That's easy! She looks like one of the girls from Angel Tales, I think Kurumi. That flowing forward sideburn look doesn't suit her.

Old 2006-01-29, 05:38   Link #133
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
That's easy! She looks like one of the girls from Angel Tales, I think Kurumi. That flowing forward sideburn look doesn't suit her.

hehe
some pics from the angel tails
and one of the girls looks like her..

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-30, 00:28   Link #134
trueazn141

something wrong with looking like kurimi? i happen to think the sideburn look suits her, makes here look a little like Tessa from FMP-TSR
Old 2006-01-30, 00:33   Link #135
trueazn141

for that matter a little like chidori too...hmm, seems most of the girls in FMP have "sideburns", nothing wrong with them.
Old 2006-01-30, 02:19   Link #136
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueazn141
something wrong with looking like kurimi? i happen to think the sideburn look suits her, makes here look a little like Tessa from FMP-TSR
Because Kurumi is a Moe character, not a vixen.

Probably the only problem I have with Magikano is the look of Ayumi, everything else I love.

Old 2006-01-30, 02:53   Link #137
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Decided to check out this show on a whim (I like to follow my whims). Watched episode 01-03 in quick advance, and even watched episode 04 in Chinese sub. I rather enjoyed this show; it is absolutely amusing, and very tongue-in-cheek to its respective genres it occupies (harem and magical girls). This anime doesn't take itself seriously, which allows it to be unabridgedly hilarious. This show's strength definitely lies in its humor. The segment regarding the origins of Maika's affection for her brother, was by far the funniest, especially the play scene. That part coaxed out a laugh out of me, and that's quite a feat. I rewatched the second half of episode 03 three times already. I can't help but be a bit envious of Haruo for having such an endearing sister like Maika.

Spoiler for Comments on episode 04, hidden just to be safe:

Magikano does have a few minor flaws. The flow of pacing is sacrificed to deliver intense comedy, so it seems the pacing's a bit too fast/disjointed. But that really doesn't matter when I have a huge grin on my face throughout the episodes, for the show has done its job of entertaining me. I don't quite like Haruo's youngest sister, Fuyuno, and her mad voices. And that's pretty much it. This is the most humorous show I'm following right now, and has attained primary interest on my list of animes to follow. *Thumbs up*
Old 2006-01-31, 23:19   Link #138
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Got bored. Resulted in this.

Just eyeballed the timing. If someone wants to be pedantic and correct me from my .25 seconds per frame estimate, I'll fix them.

Also, avatar sized for whoever wants them (Fuyuno not to relative scale because I'm lazy).

I'll do at least Haruo, Maika and Yuri eventually.

Crap, I posted.

Back to lurking for another 6 months.
Old 2006-02-01, 05:50   Link #139
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc
Got bored. Resulted in this.

Just eyeballed the timing. If someone wants to be pedantic and correct me from my .25 seconds per frame estimate, I'll fix them.

Also, avatar sized for whoever wants them (Fuyuno not to relative scale because I'm lazy).

I'll do at least Haruo, Maika and Yuri eventually.

Crap, I posted.

Back to lurking for another 6 months.

nice ones
---
episode 5 has been uppd now (raw)
Old 2006-02-02, 01:17   Link #140
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Seen ep5. Marin is without doubt, the most unluckiest witch hunter ever protrayed in an anime

Only an absolute baka picks on a house infested not with one witch, but 4 and a busybody

But I'm really liking this show. Rare is a story where the lead almost never wins Especially when she is evil.
Closed Thread