AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-29, 09:42   Link #1
Goldsplinter

Thumbs up One Piece? Jap vs Eng.

Should watch the Japanese one or the English one?

Never knew they brought it over here on Cartoon Network in the US until last night!

And how some1 said on this forum, it really is from the creators of DBZ, looks exactly the same! (They thought it would reach the DBZ fanbase lol )
Old 2006-01-29, 13:20   Link #2
Copy Ninja Kakashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsplinter
Should watch the Japanese one or the English one?

Never knew they brought it over here on Cartoon Network in the US until last night!

And how some1 said on this forum, it really is from the creators of DBZ, looks exactly the same! (They thought it would reach the DBZ fanbase lol )
The english version isn't One Piece but a piece of crap, just watch the orginal Japanese..and it isnt of the same creator
Old 2006-01-29, 13:50   Link #3
Goldsplinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy Ninja Kakashi
The english version isn't One Piece but a piece of crap, just watch the orginal Japanese..and it isnt of the same creator
lol, Straight to the deal.

Why's the english dub crap though?
Old 2006-01-29, 14:06   Link #4
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Why? For more, check some of the threads in the One Piece forum, but from what I've seen of it, the dub has:
Different character names and episode details;
Merciless censoring including changing all the guns to water pistols, popguns, catapults and in one case a hammer on a spring, changing one character's periennial cigarette to a lollypop and removing another's cigars so he looks like he's breathing out smoke from a permanently open mouth;
Removing all mention of death and replacing it with 'they were crippled, and you'll never see them again' because 4Kids felt that OF COURSE the target audience for One Piece (originally teens, but recut to 8 year olds) couldn't handle the concept of the END of LIFE;
Cutting up episodes and sticking them together, and simply removing story arcs; REALLY bad voice actors, and an appalling soundtrack. And that's just for starters.

Seriously, watch the Japanese version. I'm not even a hardcore OP fan, but you should burn anyone who says English over Japanese version.
Old 2006-01-29, 23:52   Link #5
Goldsplinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
Why? For more, check some of the threads in the One Piece forum, but from what I've seen of it, the dub has:
Different character names and episode details;
Merciless censoring including changing all the guns to water pistols, popguns, catapults and in one case a hammer on a spring, changing one character's periennial cigarette to a lollypop and removing another's cigars so he looks like he's breathing out smoke from a permanently open mouth;
Removing all mention of death and replacing it with 'they were crippled, and you'll never see them again' because 4Kids felt that OF COURSE the target audience for One Piece (originally teens, but recut to 8 year olds) couldn't handle the concept of the END of LIFE;
Cutting up episodes and sticking them together, and simply removing story arcs; REALLY bad voice actors, and an appalling soundtrack. And that's just for starters.

Seriously, watch the Japanese version. I'm not even a hardcore OP fan, but you should burn anyone who says English over Japanese version.
STOP STOP The PAIN!!! ...... Funny thing is... my 8-year old bro watches it!!

"Hey Big Brother, Why Is there so much blood in your One Piece?"

lol....
Closed Thread