AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-05, 13:02   Link #81
Kirarakim

Is this already out on Funimation's site so I know I have something to look forward to when I get home or are you all watching fansubs and RAWS?

I really want to watch this now and I am getting all antsy in anticipation.
Old 2013-04-05, 13:10   Link #82
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

This is probably the best debut episode of a show I've seen out of all of the recently started up series so far. The designs in the introductory portion were great, I love the chemistry between Ashiya and Maou, stellar voice acting, and it was funny every time it deliberately meant to be (and did so in a non-obnoxious manner for the entirety of the episode). Let's see if this holds up!
Old 2013-04-05, 13:27   Link #83
ookamigirl

The beginning looked very promising.
It's a shame they didn't continue with that theme.
We'll see if putting them into human world will be interesting.
Somehow, it still got me glued to the screen.
Maou really became his polar opposite... how pathetic ^^"
This is actually pretty good. Think I'll be watching it!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:53   Link #84
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Good first episode , the battle was pretty cool and their daily life on earth were hilarious. Also Demon's language sounds like a mix Ger/Russ.
Once i saw the red hair girl , i had a feeling that was the hero. Yep it is.
This looks promising.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:04   Link #85
Jarppa

Hah this has nice setting.

Let's see how things turn out. Thought its not hard to imaginate, but it looked interesting atleast.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:22   Link #86
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_twin View Post
Very nice and enjoyable show so far, but:
Here is the most wicked and ruthless being in the world, hailing from people so wicked and ruthless that they took on a demon form, and all he can get out of a hypnotised cop is the information that "in order to make it in this world you work your ass off"? Where's crime for crying out loud? I'd expected him to end up in drug dealing, extortion, banking, arms smuggling / humanitarian aid or such like ... Guess he must have sustained major brain damage when passing through the gate or something.

Regardless, I'll be watching this show, but of course purely for entertainment purpose, unlike the other shows, which I watch for, erm .. deeper meaning and such ...
Because a police officer is going to tell someone, hypnotised or not, that it's good to commit crime for money? They'd end up spending far more time with that police officer than they would care to like...
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 15:20   Link #87
evil_twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Because a police officer is going to tell someone, hypnotised or not, that it's good to commit crime for money?
Nope, no bias is required to be slapped to such information. But the policeman's very existence is based on the existence of crime. I don't quite see how such information would not be conveyed, and why someone really evil would not choose that path and go looking for a part-time job :-)
evil_twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 15:24   Link #88
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Here is the most wicked and ruthless being in the world, hailing from people so wicked and ruthless that they took on a demon form, and all he can get out of a hypnotised cop is the information that "in order to make it in this world you work your ass off"? Where's crime for crying out loud? I'd expected him to end up in drug dealing, extortion, banking, arms smuggling / humanitarian aid or such like ... Guess he must have sustained major brain damage when passing through the gate or something.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely, but if you take away 99.999% of that power what is left? To start a criminal organization you need henchmen, contacts & money and our MC can barely do ends meet ATM (and if he can die of starvation no doubt a single bullet can blow his brain out).

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2013-04-05 at 15:39.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 15:38   Link #89
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Really impressive first episode. The demon language is music to my ears(no sarcasm intended), and I love their transition from being powerful demons to mere human beings.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 16:07   Link #90
Midonin
Last Engage

WORKING is Magic 01 - Change of Class

Given all the comments beforehand, I was wondering if I wouldn't like this (ie. if it would be silly enough), and it was plenty silly. Once we got past the opening scene, the fish out of water aspects were used pretty well. Comparing Chiho and Yui is a nice little thought exercise for today. Both are Nao Toyama roles, and are kind of similar personality wise (neither can cook, for example), but what they bring to their respective series is completely different. This whole episode felt like an extended prologue, but this has some good comedy potential. Working at a MgRonald's has even less dignity than being waitstaff at Wagnaria. The food there is slightly less greasy.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 17:08   Link #91
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Watched because the synopsis was so ridiculous.

The first episode was pretty funny. Not sure they can keep this up for 12 episodes, but I'll probably watch episode 2.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 17:53   Link #92
Dop
Mmmm....

Wasn't entirely sure about this one but in the end it was quite fun. If it keeps that up it'll be worth watching.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 17:59   Link #93
Somnus
Eh?

Fantastic first episode. Easily a favourite of the season. Can't wait for more.
Old 2013-04-05, 18:28   Link #94
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

A very promising and entertaining first episode. Love the chemistry between Maou and Alsiel. This is the series I will stick to this season, aside from Gargantia. I hope this anime delivers till the end. Oh, and I have to say this, the “demon language” is really similar to the Zentraedi language from Macross universe, complete with the somewhat-awkward delivery by the VAs .
Old 2013-04-05, 18:32   Link #95
Kirarakim

Pretty fun first episode. Well I wasn't too keen on the first part but once they started having to get a bank account, apartment and so forth things picked up.

Actually what I like best that despite the premise it is actually pretty grounded in reality.

And you have to love how clean Japan fast food joints are, which is totally true. So yeah the Demon King actually got off lucky, he could be working at McDs in the US instead.
Old 2013-04-05, 18:37   Link #96
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Episode 1.. Just watch 5 seconds of it and.. YEAH ITS THE BEST THIS SEASON!!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:15   Link #97
Anime Online

Quote:
Nope, no bias is required to be slapped to such information. But the policeman's very existence is based on the existence of crime. I don't quite see how such information would not be conveyed, and why someone really evil would not choose that path and go looking for a part-time job :-)

Maou simply requires the basics of survival in a modern society. Shelter. Food. Security. He doesn't need the money from being a career criminal. Besides, he might get arrested and that would interfere with his goal of going back to his original world. Blending into society and not drawing attention to himself is the smart idea.

The anime got on to a good start. If anything, it is a plus that Maou didn't mope around in his situation and quickly adapted to living in modern Japan. Perhaps it's a little disturbing that he's adapting too well. I thought he'll be the one who fumbles in his new job and drop fries everywhere, but surprisingly he became the model worker instead.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:53   Link #98
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Truth is, in Tokyo cops spend far more time giving directions and harassing Gaijin than fighting crime. Violent crime and even burglary and pickpocketing are so rare here than many younger cops will never have worked on what we'd think of as a felony case apart from a stolen bicycle.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:53   Link #99
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
pretty good first episode, probably the best anime this season so far.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:57   Link #100
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Pretty fun first episode. Well I wasn't too keen on the first part but once they started having to get a bank account, apartment and so forth things picked up.

Actually what I like best that despite the premise it is actually pretty grounded in reality.

And you have to love how clean Japan fast food joints are, which is totally true. So yeah the Demon King actually got off lucky, he could be working at McDs in the US instead.
To be fair, McDonalds in most countries is a lot better than the McDonalds in the US. For all the grief I've received over the years, I usually have no qualms at stopping at a McDs overseas.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work