2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-02, 09:47   Link #221
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrazor View Post
I just don't understand how the Titans were able to destroy the wall so easily. I mean if it was this easy why not do it earlier?
Normal titans don't stand a chance to destroy walls. It's simply impossible for them.

The colossal titans and the armored titans however just popped out from nowhere (literally, as it seems). As far as we know they never showed up in 100 years.

One of the reasons Eren in this episode wants to kill the colossal Titan asap is because he knows that he is the major if not the only real threat to humanity. The armored Titan might not be able to destroy a gate so easily if it is closed.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 12:00   Link #222
Destined_Fate

Oh, I'm going to challenge anyone that refuses to say anything but make mocking posts that don't say anything other than "you're wrong" and than run away when asked to explain themselves. If want to talk than they better support what they're saying or just keep silent as their rudeness isn't needed.

After all, many veterans here have speculated and been civil when Anime's just started with a single episode. Clearly that isn't the case with some of the posters here.

-

Just because we don't have all the info yet doesn't mean we can't speculate. I've listed quite a few things we already know that have happened. Even though some of the posters here lack foresight or the ability to draw conclusions on the data we have doesn't give them the right to be rude and mock me. If they don't want to be a part of it than no one is forcing them to leave snide comments.

What I said about Mikasa isn't wrong since what we've seen so far in the episodes supports what I've said. After all I have a very good ability to read characters based on even the littlest of information and unlike some people here that have been very rude I don't need to be hand held or spoon fed everything to gain an understanding.

So I'll say it again.

Mikasa has so far, in all her appearances, always put Eren first. Even though she tries to get Eren to stop doing dangerous things she always ends up following him in the end even if it puts herself in danger. Mikasa is very overprotective of Eren and squanders her own future, such as military police, because she would rather be in a crummy future if it means that he's still in it. When Carla died Mikasa only cried for a little bit than stopped after she saw her get eaten. When Eren was hit Mikasa was no longer crying and comforted Eren. Later Eren refused to eat and she forced him because she wasn't going to let himself just die as she doesn't want to lose him most of all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
I believe Mikasa stay for both of them, Mikasa see both Eren and Carla as her family, don't know about the father thought.

Basically Mikasa did want to stop Eren (by telling the parrents about his plan) for joining army, because Eren is so obsessed to join recon grup.

Until now we see Mikasa always following Eren, that mainly because Eren stubbornness, that's why Mikasa will join grup where Eren join, because she can't stop him.

Hmm . . ., it's make me think the failed belt Eren using for basic 3DMG test, maybe Mikasa sabotage it so Eren won't pass the test . . .
Doubtful. Mikasa wants to protect Eren but she always supports him in the end when he really wants to do something. Besides, she was never shown to know where the equipment was kept nor were there any indication that they had even seen/gotten the equipment before the training exercise.

So even if Mikasa wanted to sabotage it, which I doubt, she wouldn't have a way to get to it and rust it quickly. Like if their supply works like how supply works in our military at all than such equipment would have to be checked out and assigned right before the training since they had no need of it before nor was it ever shown before than with the trainee's.

It's like how in at Boot Camp we didn't have out M16's(Or M4's for some of us) until later on in our training when we were gathered up and assigned one as we were set up to head to the shooting range in the near future.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-05-02 at 12:21.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 13:43   Link #223
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

so all the debate about Mikasa doesn't care about Eren's mum/dad and She'll BSOD/break if Eren dies compared to Eren's mum death, toned down/changed to she always put Eren first and overprotective to Eren?

the latter part is speak for itself mate, no need for you to conclude or speculate it for us since it's apparent in the anime

and you do realise that part is not why people disagree and think your post ridiculous in the first place right?
Old 2013-05-02, 14:38   Link #224
Destined_Fate

I never said she didn't care. Please read before making such bold assumptions.

She did care for Carla but if it's between Carla/anyone(including herself) or Eren I can always see her picking Eren.

They can keep that to themselves than, it isn't needed..
Old 2013-05-02, 15:37   Link #225
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

and you read this then

Quote:
and you do realise that part is not why people disagree and think your post ridiculous in the first place right?
ah well whatever, assumptions/speculations are assumptions/speculations

making bad conclusion and convinced that was right is entirely different planet

I said my pieces, I'm done and the rest is up to you

cheers
Old 2013-05-02, 15:40   Link #226
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
and you read this then
I think you didn't make it clear on which statements people disagreed with him.
And I've also lost that point in this discussion.

It looks as if the discussion has been resolved.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-05-02 at 16:26.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 15:50   Link #227
Destined_Fate

Yet they never explained why it was bad other than "all bad" and than didn't say anything. Saying something is bad than not explaining what they think is bad is pointless.

No it hasn't, as saying "bad" only doesn't suddenly make anything I've said regarding Mikasa moot.

You also don't get to decide who has the last word or not. Nor was it ever made clear what people disagreed on as so far many here that have disagreed either just said "bad" or didn't read. Just like now where wolf made a completely baseless assumption on what I was saying because he/she didn't bother to read before commenting on the material.

My observation of Mikasa has been spot on. When confronted over what I've said I repeat my points of her being overprotective of Eren/willing to do anything for Eren/following him everywhere to protect him even if it's a huge risk to her health/her always caving to Eren in the end/Her placing Eren first always/Her doing what Eren wants/ect they all run away because they know they have nothing and cannot refute what I've said.
Old 2013-05-02, 15:56   Link #228
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I think you didn't make it clear on which statements people disagreed with him.
And I've also lost that point through this discussion.

It looks as if the discussion has been resolved.
somewhere around Mikasa only try to help Eren saving his mum so he doesn't hate her/to protect eren which I dubbed as doesn't care

somewhere around Mikasa will break if Eren dies, and many other point which have been raised by other members over the last few pages

but yeah, everything should be solved the moment he changed all back to the simple and obvious "She prefer Eren over everything" since that part is obvious
Old 2013-05-02, 16:04   Link #229
Destined_Fate

With how she treats Eren, no matter what he says or does, compared to everyone else and how she even puts him over self makes it quite clear that Eren is the most important person to her. If he did die than it will effect her far more than anyone else and I can see her losing her desire to live as so far all her decisions have been for Eren. Hell she got over Carla's death very quickly because Eren needed her.
Old 2013-05-02, 17:42   Link #230
Enjou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Hell she got over Carla's death very quickly because Eren needed her.
How would you know how quickly she got over it? You can't judge that based on outward appearances alone, especially considering that Mikasa is obvious an introvert who doesn't display her emotions very openly. I mean seriously, just because she can be stoic and reliable after someone dies that means that she's 'over it'? I've known a number of people who are like this in front of others shortly after a death, but then go to a quiet place to be alone to do their crying and grieving. Seeing as we've had no access to Mikasa's inner thoughts, you have no way of knowing how it would have affected her.
Enjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 18:02   Link #231
Destined_Fate

Look at the scenes. She immediately stops crying after Carla is eaten and looks away. When we get to them being put down she's no longer crying at all and goes to support Eren.

You're also twisting my words. As I said, she was hurt over Carla dying but she had Eren to take care off and Eren is her everything. So even if she wanted to mourn she couldn't because she had to be strong for Eren.

You have no way of saying that I'm wrong and the scenes that were shown supported that she pushed out any mourning for Carla was totally gone because she couldn't afford to anymore sense Eren is still alive and she isn't going to let him die.

Furthermore I grew up as a shy child so I think that I know a lot more about keeping things inside and putting aside grief when someone needed me. Such as when my friend committed suicide. I mourned for him but my brother was destroyed by it so I got over it quick because he needed me to be there for him because I was his older brother and I understood. It doesn't make me, or Mikasa, a bad person for doing such things. It's simply prioritizing the living over the dead and in Mikasa's case Eren isn't just the living but the most important person to her.
Old 2013-05-02, 18:26   Link #232
Enjou

Quote:
Look at the scenes. She immediately stops crying after Carla is eaten and looks away.
So because she isn't bawling that means she's over it? Sorry, I don't buy it. I've seen people go from crying very openly over a death or traumatic event to not crying at all.

There's also this thing called "being in shock" that you might want to look up.

[quote]When we get to them being put down she's no longer crying at all and goes to support Eren.

Quote:
You're also twisting my words. As I said, she was hurt over Carla dying but she had Eren to take care off and Eren is her everything. So even if she wanted to mourn she couldn't because she had to be strong for Eren.
You said she "got over it". Those were your words, and those words have clear meaning - they mean someone has moved past something. If you don't like people interpreting it that way, then choose your words more carefully.

To give my own story on this, when my father died when I was very young my mother had to prioritize me. She minimized her public mourning around me after the first week. It was only much later that she told me that she would frequently go inside her closet to cry for many months afterwards. Clearly she wasn't 'over it' just because she could put up a strong front when she was with other people.
Old 2013-05-02, 18:41   Link #233
Destined_Fate

Yes, she is over it because worrying about those are have died is pointless when there are people alive that need you more. It doesn't make her heartless, at all.

If she was "in shock" than she wouldn't have comforted Eren so quickly and when they're getting on the ship she's back to her usual silent self while Eren is suffering a BSOD.

Yes she did get over it. You act like that makes her a monster, it doesn't. It also doesn't matter how I put things since people will twist it anyway if it suits them.

Was you mother shy and withdrawn like Mikasa? I know that I was. I moved on fast because I had no choice as I was needed and after my brother had calmed down a enough time had passed that I no longer felt the need to mourn anymore as I had spent all that time helping my brother get over his own mourning.

Anyway, later on Mikasa is completely fine when they're away from the Titans and waiting to get food rations. She prioritized him and instead of eating without him she forced Eren to eat before her. Which I can relate in that my brother was angry/sad and wouldn't leave the room so I had to force him to eat as well and I wouldn't eat until I was sure he had eaten.
Old 2013-05-02, 19:04   Link #234
Enjou

Quote:
Yes, she is over it because worrying about those are have died is pointless when there are people alive that need you more.
You clearly don't know what 'over it' means. Having immediate priorities that you need to handle is not the same thing as being over something.

Quote:
Yes she did get over it. You act like that makes her a monster, it doesn't.
I never implied any such thing. I'm saying I don't believe she was 'over it' just because she managed to snap herself into the mode of being able to support others. You're the one trivializing her state of mind by saying she's 'over it'.

Quote:
It also doesn't matter how I put things since people will twist it anyway if it suits them.
Of course it matters how you put things - you saying she's 'over it' implies certain things about her emotional state. Words have meaning, and if you use the wrong words to describe something then others aren't going to get your meaning. That should be blatantly obvious.

Quote:
Was you mother shy and withdrawn like Mikasa? I know that I was.
No, she's significantly more emotionally open. I'm more like Mikasa than she is, so I empathize with her position and don't like how you are casually saying she's 'over it' quickly because I damn well know she probably wouldn't be. The way you are using that term trivializes how someone like her feels in that kind of situation.

Also, Mikasa doesn't appear shy to me. I've seen no indications of shyness. She's introverted, which is a different thing.
Old 2013-05-02, 19:12   Link #235
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Yes, she is over it because worrying about those are have died is pointless when there are people alive that need you more.
That's your opinion, it doesn't prove your point. Nothing suggests that Mikasa actually think that way.

The fact that she stops crying doesn't mean at all that she stopped mourning inside.

And you still haven't rebutted the point that if she really cared about Eren above anything else she would have taken him away asap rather than trying to save Carla.
Mikasa basically did nothing at all to save Eren in that situation, nothing. If it wasn't for Hannes they would have died both.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 20:01   Link #236
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Look, Destined_Fate, if you think Mikasa has gotten over the deaths of her parents and Eren's mother, then I cannot quite agree with you there. You seriously don't quite understand the nature of Mikasa's character.

In all the episodes, do you not see Mikasa's unusually dead look on her face? And that dead look is not someone you can say as normal. If Mikasa truly has gotten over their deaths, or deaths in general, then she would have been livelier, but no, she clearly isn't lively. If you fail to observe that, then your observation is not spot on.

Quote:
Furthermore I grew up as a shy child so I think that I know a lot more about keeping things inside and putting aside grief when someone needed me. Such as when my friend committed suicide. I mourned for him but my brother was destroyed by it so I got over it quick because he needed me to be there for him because I was his older brother and I understood. It doesn't make me, or Mikasa, a bad person for doing such things. It's simply prioritizing the living over the dead and in Mikasa's case Eren isn't just the living but the most important person to her.
You think you know, but have you actually come across people who seem to have gotten over their emotions by putting on a strong front, but haven't actually gotten over them as they simply "neglect" their emotions instead of resolving them and moving on? I doubt so. Mikasa looks to be that sort of person. There is of course no hard evidence to suggest that, but there is also no hard evidence to suggest that she has moved on either due to not enough understanding of Mikasa's character.

[mod edit: remove spoilers]

And you said you know about keeping things inside and putting aside grief. Well, keeping things inside is true for shy people, but putting aside grief and other painful emotions does not apply to all shy people. And there is no evidence to suggest that Mikasa is a shy girl. Like Enjou indicated, there is a big difference between shy and introverted. Mikasa is more of the introverted type.

You have much to learn, my friend.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-03 at 02:08. Reason: No revealing future story developments
eplipswich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 21:20   Link #237
JamJackEvo

I've only been lurking the past few pages, and my impression of Destined_Fate's arguments are like a drowning man swimming desperately to the surface while being pulled down by an anchor. His arguments can be his swimming upwards, the surface can be our acceptance to his point of view, the anchor can be the flaws of his arguments and antagonistic tendencies to anyone who sees his point of view as wrong.

You're just digging your own grave, mate.

Okay, I tried to keep my mouth shut yet I still ended saying my piece. With that over, however, how about we all just agree to disagree? Wait for a few more episodes to air. Maybe then we'll have more insight on Mikasa's character and someone will finally have the last laugh.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 21:53   Link #238
Hellrazor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Normal titans don't stand a chance to destroy walls. It's simply impossible for them.

The colossal titans and the armored titans however just popped out from nowhere (literally, as it seems). As far as we know they never showed up in 100 years.

One of the reasons Eren in this episode wants to kill the colossal Titan asap is because he knows that he is the major if not the only real threat to humanity. The armored Titan might not be able to destroy a gate so easily if it is closed.
That makes more sense. Thanks
Hellrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 01:33   Link #239
yankky5

[mod edit: no hints, please]

anyway gotta agree with annie's point the top 10 fresh graduates are the only people who are considered to join in the MP which is in least harm in a titan attacks... and if you tell that to any military nut they will BS right on the spot. so far that seems to be the biggest flaw of this series cauz in normal military profession people who are offered a chance to leave the front lines are usually people who served long hours in combat like bomber crews of WW2 complete a certain amount of sorties and are given a choice whether to go home or stay

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-03 at 02:05. Reason: Removed source material hint
yankky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 02:03   Link #240
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I'm still unsure why Destined_Fate is being so ridiculed here,not that I agree with everything he says but I don't find the notion that Mikasa would BSOD if Eren were to die completely crazy like some people are making it out to be.