AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-05-05, 07:30   Link #7001
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Btw, I do think that battleships like the Archangel and Minerva have a more powerful, more advanced radars onboard. So that's why I think they should be able to detect the Freedom while no one else can. I don't how else to explain ep 42.

But the fact that non NJC equiped mobile suits can't see the Freedom until it's in visual range is something I'll buy. I guess the made up science works out, it's convincing enough. (somewhat)
Old 2013-05-05, 08:33   Link #7002
quagmire

I think the reason why SF and IJ were detected in episode 42 was because they were going through the atmosphere. The Minerva wasn't picking up SF and IJ exactly, but it was detecting the disturbance in the atmosphere.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 08:57   Link #7003
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I think the reason why SF and IJ were detected in episode 42 was because they were going through the atmosphere. The Minerva wasn't picking up SF and IJ exactly, but it was detecting the disturbance in the atmosphere.
who know?
After all they didn't even know if what they detect was MS or not
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 10:55   Link #7004
Aquaman OS

Maybe MS are invisibile to radar until they start actively fighting. When Freedom makes it usual dramatic appearances that's usually the first shot it fires. Meanwhile in Destiny 32, Minerva detects Freedom there before they've just arrived since it's flying and shooting all over the place. Then again maybe it's magic was just weakening at that point since it notably didn't arrive unnoticed by Neo and Destroy radar. The magic Lacus Dust must have been wearing out by then.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:47   Link #7005
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Btw, I do think that battleships like the Archangel and Minerva have a more powerful, more advanced radars onboard. So that's why I think they should be able to detect the Freedom while no one else can. I don't how else to explain ep 42.

But the fact that non NJC equiped mobile suits can't see the Freedom until it's in visual range is something I'll buy. I guess the made up science works out, it's convincing enough. (somewhat)
Even then, I think they needed to be specifically watching for it as the Archangel didn't detect the Freedom coming from space at Alaska.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Then again maybe it's magic was just weakening at that point since it notably didn't arrive unnoticed by Neo and Destroy radar.
That may have been because Kira fired the beam cannon instead of the beam rifle.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 13:41   Link #7006
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Even then, I think they needed to be specifically watching for it as the Archangel didn't detect the Freedom coming from space at Alaska.
Maybe that's it.
Every time Kira entered the battlefield there was a propper war going on and I guess it's hard to keep track of all the combatants on such a large warzone even with computer tracking suport.

It should be noted that in episode 42 of Destiny, he re-entered the atmosphere and dropped down to combat zone directly from space, you could still see the S-Freedom glowing red. So even with the N-Jammer limiting the range of all the radars, The enormous heat signature created by atmospheric entry will be registered by every machine. In fact, he would have been visible to the naked eye.

And in episode 22 and 28 he was probably flying at a high enough attitude where he can't be detected (wherever that is), but low enough to dive when he wanted to.

And as for episode 35 of Seed, he didn't enter the combat zone directly from space like he did in episode 42 of Destiny. I guess he entered the upper layers of the atmosphere first from a different location and then stopped the Re-entry and kept altatude at lower mesospheric level using the HiMAT system until he reached the combat zone to perform a final drop down. By doing this he could enter Alaska from space without anyone noticing, except sarah Palin that is

I guess this actually makes sense. maybe Fukuda got his shit right after all..
Old 2013-05-05, 17:50   Link #7007
Skye629

The SF/IJ were noticed quickly for some reasons:
1. As mentioned battleships have better sensors appropriate for their roles
2. The Minerva was not in the middle of battle, also mentioned previously
3. Atmospheric reentry from two Un IDd machines, bot not as large as drop container, and way too fast to be missiles (which is probably impossible to shoot from space without burning up) or drop containers

The Freedom in the Alaska battle got through because nobody was keeping an eye out for anything like it, it was the first MS shown to be capable of a full reentry without suffering any damage. On top of that it came right down into the middle of the fighting
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 19:53   Link #7008
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The SF/IJ were noticed quickly for some reasons:
1. As mentioned battleships have better sensors appropriate for their roles
2. The Minerva was not in the middle of battle, also mentioned previously
3. Atmospheric reentry from two Un IDd machines, bot not as large as drop container, and way too fast to be missiles (which is probably impossible to shoot from space without burning up) or drop containers

The Freedom in the Alaska battle got through because nobody was keeping an eye out for anything like it, it was the first MS shown to be capable of a full reentry without suffering any damage. On top of that it came right down into the middle of the fighting
SF/IJ were probably found because ZAFT were keeping track of vessels leaving the atmoshpere, in case Djibiril ran away so if they were looking for heat signitures in the atmoshpere they would be spotted.
Old 2013-05-05, 20:03   Link #7009
monster

Talia actually ordered the Minerva to watch out for aerial attack, but they do need to look for Djibril as well. Then again, they would probably have been able to detect anything launching from Orb.
Old 2013-05-05, 20:54   Link #7010
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Correction: Freedom's shield was the first to go through reentry.

Technically the Strike didn't go through reentry as the Archangel caught it, but other than a melted shield, the Strike was undamaged.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 20:59   Link #7011
monster

The Duel and the Buster did fine on their own. I believe it was said that something in the Strike's system either malfunctioned or was incomplete at the time, causing problem to the pilot.
Old 2013-05-05, 21:02   Link #7012
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Strike began reentry incorrectly, as it was thrown backwards into the Earth's gravity well by the shuttle's explosion, so Kira couldn't control the re-entry process. The Strike's specifications otherwise did say it could handle re-entry, but like any other vehicle, it'd only be able to do so under the proper conditions.
Old 2013-05-05, 21:10   Link #7013
monster

The AF really did a good job at making those G-weapons, really showed that the naturals could still do amazing stuff even without genetic engineering.
Old 2013-05-05, 21:44   Link #7014
cyberdemon

Quote:
The AF really did a good job at making those G-weapons, really showed that the naturals could still do amazing stuff even without genetic engineering.
making plans is one thing but the fact that they relied on ORB to build it for them wasn't that impressive since ORB used coordinators which is probably why the technology was able to be created in the first place. all they really did was draft ideas and pretty much left it to someone else to make them a reality.
Old 2013-05-05, 21:56   Link #7015
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
making plans is one thing but the fact that they relied on ORB to build it for them wasn't that impressive since ORB used coordinators which is probably why the technology was able to be created in the first place. all they really did was draft ideas and pretty much left it to someone else to make them a reality.
Cant blame them though, they did not really have much choice as it was a stalemate at that point
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 22:50   Link #7016
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The AF made the mobile suits themselves. Orb provided a neutral place to build them, which was supposed to keep it from prying ZAFT eyes, as well as helped built the Archangel.
Old 2013-05-05, 22:52   Link #7017
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Keep in mind: ORB had to take the data from the EA just to make their Astray Frames. So no, ORB wasn't the main builder of the Gundam mobile suits.
Old 2013-05-07, 03:04   Link #7018
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
The AF made the mobile suits themselves. Orb provided a neutral place to build them, which was supposed to keep it from prying ZAFT eyes, as well as helped built the Archangel.
Considering the OS is so complex no Natural could pilot it I have a hard time believing that the G-Units were not built by Coordinators, at least in part.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 03:43   Link #7019
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Considering the OS is so complex no Natural could pilot it I have a hard time believing that the G-Units were not built by Coordinators, at least in part.
Not to argue about who build the Gundams, but I think you got mixed-up a bit. IIRC (in SEED episode 1) Those MSs are planned to be used by Natural Pilots with OS meant for Natural (those Natural pilots saluted Mu in the beginning of episode 1 before going on their way). But when Kira was forced to pilot one of them (Strike), he said that the Natural OS is a mess and really not good to control a MS (this is from a coordinator’s POV), then he reprogram the OS to better suit him (a coordinator). Mind you that before stealing the GATs, Athrun and friends also need to reprogram the OS first before activating it just like Kira did (Nicol took a lot more time with it compared to everyone else IIRC).
Old 2013-05-07, 04:08   Link #7020
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
And yet you don't have a hard time believing that the AF would allow a Coordinator to make the OS too complex for the Naturals?

Anyway, Obelisk ze Tormentor already explained it. Simply put, the OS was a mess because it was incomplete. It was still in development when ZAFT attacked Heliopolis.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep