AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-13, 13:14   Link #6341
Pen3

Finally got my Ace for KV-2

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 14:00   Link #6342
12ice

@Leo:

I think that, once we actually figure out who in MUP actually wants to partake in CW, we will be able to organize much better along that line and drum up some excitement.

In addition, I can't stress enough that we need new people. The WoT community has driven individuals who are still new, but looking to get into CW in the future. MUP has a lot of attractive features to attract exactly these sort of people: casual atmosphere (outside of training), a common interest in anime, access to high-skilled players for platooning/tutoring, and VOIP.

I think we ought to at least give the division a chance before pronouncing MUP as unviable for CW as a whole.
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 14:07   Link #6343
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Spoiler for Leo:

Regarding TCs: We set up TC sessions because, as you noted, we wanted people to be able to fight an organized opponent by offering an organized challenge. This is in preparation for bigger things to come.

However, I can understand the mindset of some individuals, who believe they are being dragged into it. See, I don't want that. If people feel like they are working while playing a game, there is something wrong with that atmosphere.

That being said... should we change TC to another, more appropriate time?

- - - - -

As 12ice pointed out, we also need a lot of new people. Recruiting is amongst our first priorities. This cannot be emphasized enough. We need to recruit more.

But, we should not delude ourselves. This clan had only existed for less than a year. Many of our members are young (in terms of game time), they are neither as experienced nor as prolific in their weapons as some of us. People need time to grow. If we do not give them that aspect in the clan, then there will be no organized affair. I know to some veteran players this may sound frustrating, but we'd lose more than we gain if we are impatient.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 14:10   Link #6344
Sumeragi
Banned

There's a reason why I occasionally recruit people. MuP needs to grow before we can consider CW, and our strength is the willingness to teach the newcomers.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 14:11   Link #6345
LeoXiao
思想工作

If we want to change the TC schedule, we should look at when people tend to be on the most.

To prepare for CW, we need to constantly encourage (different from "force") people do so and bring people who are interested together on a regular basis.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 14:13   Link #6346
Tak

I think we also need to encourage people to get into vent on a regular basis, even when they are... off duty, ie. not playing.

Get people to be comfortable with one another on a regular basis... then we'd have more people willing to hang out in platoons or other activities.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:16   Link #6347
12ice

I can start working on a front page for a WoT forum advert if you give me the go ahead. Such a post should be step #1 in attracting recruits and of the right kind.

I'll be submitting it here first for approval, obviously.
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 14:17   Link #6348
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ice View Post
I can start working on a front page for a WoT forum advert if you give me the go ahead. Such a post should be step #1 in attracting recruits and of the right kind.

I'll be submitting it here first for approval, obviously.
GO!

Just show me what you got, first

- Tak

Old 2013-05-13, 14:22   Link #6349
Pen3

Sad games make my Foch very sad
At least i made 13k profit from a loss.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 15:35   Link #6350
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

last time i recruited wil said no don't get him in the clan, well turns out he was a bad player, according to wil's XVM crap, you see non clan players, some of which may or may not have tier 9 or 10, yet don't want join a clan. meh i can see why, cuz ppl recruitin in game make requirements to make them feel they can't meet them, like must 18+ yrs old, TS3, and T8 arty/scout, or T9/10 tank/TD. I rather see MUP req. min of tier 5 or 6, Vent optional, no age req. but must be cooperative, shoot, even I wouldn't join those clans if their not laid back like MUP or GUNDP. I forgot how Kimi invited me in the first place XD..... I ended up in AS after kimi told me its were you guys hang out to socialize a bit, then Q sent an invite, had some pretty sweet games with the main members, except for dai, but she got better last time i played with her, besides the whining goin around, I liked the old school platoon wit Q and ES, where we out capped them before they killed us, me and ES gave is the Q plan.... be grateful Q since its technique was named after you. and now its all gone, the fun stopped, 8.4 and 8.5 ruined the fun, and MM got worse.
Old 2013-05-13, 16:15   Link #6351
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
last time i recruited wil said no don't get him in the clan, well turns out he was a bad player, according to wil's XVM crap, you see non clan players, some of which may or may not have tier 9 or 10, yet don't want join a clan. meh i can see why, cuz ppl recruitin in game make requirements to make them feel they can't meet them, like must 18+ yrs old, TS3, and T8 arty/scout, or T9/10 tank/TD. I rather see MUP req. min of tier 5 or 6, Vent optional, no age req. but must be cooperative, shoot, even I wouldn't join those clans if their not laid back like MUP or GUNDP. I forgot how Kimi invited me in the first place XD..... I ended up in AS after kimi told me its were you guys hang out to socialize a bit, then Q sent an invite, had some pretty sweet games with the main members, except for dai, but she got better last time i played with her, besides the whining goin around, I liked the old school platoon wit Q and ES, where we out capped them before they killed us, me and ES gave is the Q plan.... be grateful Q since its technique was named after you. and now its all gone, the fun stopped, 8.4 and 8.5 ruined the fun, and MM got worse.
Okay, I'm gonna stop you there, you're talking smack or have a poor memory.

1) First of all, you didn't try to recruit him, he asked us whether we were recruiting. We had no interaction with him at all at this point.
2) Secondly, he had less than 1k games, was driving a premium tank, had a sub 44% win rate and proceeded to display a poor attitude during the game (trollish)
Old 2013-05-13, 16:34   Link #6352
Tak

KT, I already told you. If you are on, we can plat tonight.

Most of them time when I get home & vent, you are usually already platooning with ES & EK anyway.

- Tak

Old 2013-05-13, 17:02   Link #6353
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Okay, I'm gonna stop you there, you're talking smack or have a poor memory.

1) First of all, you didn't try to recruit him, he asked us whether we were recruiting. We had no interaction with him at all at this point.
2) Secondly, he had less than 1k games, was driving a premium tank, had a sub 44% win rate and proceeded to display a poor attitude during the game (trollish)
yes but you have stupid XVM, so how the heck would i have know if you didn't say so.
Old 2013-05-13, 17:10   Link #6354
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
yes but you have stupid XVM, so how the heck would i have know if you didn't say so.
Well, I also have two monitors .. so I use the other one to look up their WoT profile..

That said my primary concern was that we didn't know him and he proceeded to behave like an idiot. Win rate is not necessarily correlated with how pleasant a clanmate a person will be.

Last edited by willx; 2013-05-13 at 17:39. Reason: For emphasis
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 17:13   Link #6355
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

true, but we don't know half of the ppl in MUP currently... most of the players have anon status. isn't that why we're recruiting, sure its better to get player's from a friends list or players that we've platooned with in the past, still whats the point in recruiting if you have platooned with anyone from pubbies. idk but the explanation for recruiting ppl you know is really grey, who can you define is ppl you know... and ppl you see in pubs.

I think we should stop here, the mods will think this is similar to texting than posting.
Old 2013-05-13, 17:17   Link #6356
Tak

TBH, I have a very open approach to the recruitment process. Basically, I want the officers to be able to exercise his/her own judgment in regards to the eligibility of individuals recruited.

I have faith in our ability to distinguish between obvious trolls and decent players.

That being said, we do have a criteria for recruitment. Although some exceptions, depending on how the recruiters feel at the time, could be made.

- Tak

Old 2013-05-13, 17:37   Link #6357
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I agree and to stop using XVM as an excuse not to invite ppl, how are we suppose to get ppl in the clan if ur bar is like taking a Master Thesis or Ph.D bibliography or those books that they write.

and i would rarely invite ppl, i mean clearmedium got invited cuz i said anime lovers and such, shoot if it weren't for GUP, i would never have gotten interested in playin WoT or join a clan, I like to wing stuff like Miho Nishizumi style. everyone should be welcomed and platoon with fellow clan/guild mems. heck if you want to plat with me at low tiers i'll abandon my tier 9s and 10s tanks, although i would never sell them off or anything, they'll just collect dust. in the hangar bay.
Old 2013-05-13, 18:17   Link #6358
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
CW business aside, I personally don't have that much problems with low-level platooning, as in general you're not really expected to play like your life depended on it. That's why it's still fun, as there's still space to goof around and still manage to eke out a win. I've found that at tier 9, you can't do that.

When I'm playing with the T-54, you're pretty much going to have to devote all your concentration to the match. There's no way about it, as if you don't play seriously you're not going to get anything out of it (remember, even on a win, you still take a resource hit).

Oh, and because of the high volatility of tiers 8 and upward, I also tend to see Tier 5 matches as "investments", especially if you get a string of wins off it. It helps offset the end results of too many bad endgame matches for example.

P.S. Observation of Relic 2 guys on my behavior while in a fast medium tank: I'm a danger to myself. XD I think they're right in a way, as I usually go pedal to the metal to choke points, which leaves me often without support of either teammates or the members of the platoon. They're usually happier when I'm in a lumbering heavy, because in Sahin the Falcon's own words, "They can keep watch on me."

That said, when I AM in a fast medium (yes for some odd reason they consider the Indienpanzer fast), I can relocate and outflank, and often the guideline for a match is that I keep alive for as long as possible, as I'm usually good at resets or capping.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-05-13 at 18:28.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 18:54   Link #6359
Tak

One of the main reasons why I even bother with Tier 10s is due to the fact that I get to operate tanks like the T-62A and the Leopard. Hell, I think the FV4202 is one sexy tank, if it wasn't so mediocre in the game, I would have made it my first priority to grind.

Otherwise, I am very selective in my tanks. I don't level up just because I need to level up. For this reason, I probably will never get the E-100, even after researching it.

- Tak

Old 2013-05-13, 19:17   Link #6360
Sumeragi
Banned

I might get the E-100 or Maus, just to give my current German heavy Panzerjager crew something to use.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks