AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-24, 03:37   Link #1141
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Can someone tell me something: What was the point in Hikigaya's plan? So he wants to show that these girl's friendships are pretty shallow.....and then what? Even if he went along with the 'You got punk'd!' part of the plan, it would just make everybody loners when they realized they couldn't trust their friends.
That was his goal. He wanted to turn them all into loners.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 03:43   Link #1142
Clarste
Human

Hayama went along with the plan because he thought it would strengthen their friendship though. And maybe it did in the long run, what with how she saved them.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 04:11   Link #1143
Eratas123

Unlikely:/ Hikigaya says that Rumi's actions were 'real, despite how shallow those people were' or something to that effect. Also, if Hikigaya's plan really was to turn them into loner's, then its mostly a double edged sword: Now 5 girls are miserable, not just 1, and the problem still remains - Except now they're shunning each other, not just her, but she's still being shunned.
Old 2013-05-24, 04:21   Link #1144
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Unlikely:/ Hikigaya says that Rumi's actions were 'real, despite how shallow those people were' or something to that effect. Also, if Hikigaya's plan really was to turn them into loner's, then its mostly a double edged sword: Now 5 girls are miserable, not just 1, and the problem still remains - Except now they're shunning each other, not just her, but she's still being shunned.
Either way, Rumi's perspective of her environment has changed. Now she doesn't need to feel inferior because being isolated by the other, but has the choice being a loner, like hachiman, unlike previously being forced, or create new bonds with others.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 04:30   Link #1145
Clarste
Human

I'm not sure the teacher would praise him for ruining four girls' friendship for no reason. The fact that he "walked a tightrope" kind of implies that everyone else thinks the result is acceptable. Honestly, since Rumi wasn't part of the mutual blame circle maybe she can become better friends with them than they will be with each other.

Remember, she's not Hikki. A lot of effort has been made to contrast them and show that she's not a natural loner. Heck, she was even part of the group until she arbitrarily got excluded for no good reason.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 04:33   Link #1146
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

That's why they said that it was the worst method possible

Anyway i was expecting Hachiman to get a reward from Rumi but not.

Damn i like this show.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 04:50   Link #1147
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Nah, they're still a kid so they have time to grow. Also considering Rumi is not Hachiman who likes to be a loner, she now has higher chance of getting true friend by saving her friends asses. Either way, she likely won't be bullied / ignored by those girls again so it's a passable job completion

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 05:21   Link #1148
Windows X

Their method was wrong. Any sane person should realize that fixing Rumi's friendship problems by trashing her group is not right. Well, they're all desperate and only Hachiman proposing do-able ones so I guess it can't be helped. I was surprised that Mr. duper kind person actually went along with his plan. At least this looks more interesting than cliche solution like playing scary ghost and let Rumi save the day so she'll be accepted in circle once again.

Last edited by Windows X; 2013-05-24 at 05:32.
Windows X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 05:24   Link #1149
Tenzen12

Hikki by no means "like" to be loner, though he would like convice himself otherwise, but overaly what you said was on spot (I think), Without being shunned by others she might finaly integrate herself to the class and there is minimal chance for it carry to high school as well.

Also with bonds destroyed among group there is plenty space to build new one (destroy old world, change itself and "become God of new one", I think that's what 8man meant)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 06:43   Link #1150
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Indeed no one chooses to be alone in the first place, as younger you are, the better chance you have to grow and become friends with someone. Hikigaya being intent on staying alone is a defense mechanism. I mean by now people should realise it already. Anyways, this episode hits the spot.

And I keep telling Ebina, this girl says the most sensible thing for one hanging with the popular group while Hayato keeps coming with bad suggestions for all his good intentions.
Old 2013-05-24, 07:07   Link #1151
Crazy'O

I think the goal behind this plan was to show those girls that at any point one of them could be removed from the group and be the new target. Their friendship is not completly destroyed but they'll be much more careful and may show more compassion because they now know they could be dropped in an instant like Rumi was.

I actually agree with this method. If the group dynamic is based on excluding or bullying someone that group has no right to exist and needs to be destroyed.
Crazy'O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 07:08   Link #1152
Cabishi

I don't believe his plan was only to destroy their bonds und make them all "loner". Don't forget what he told us about "reseting a relationship" in ep6!

I think that was his plan. First reset their friendship and then let them start anew. Maybe it's a cruel way and a gamble too..but i believe it was the only way to give Rumi a chance.
Cabishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 07:38   Link #1153
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Why no Hayato and Yukino backstory? WHY?! :*(

Although I'm lol'ing at Hayato's what if story if Hikki went to their high school. I bet the story will be TOTALLY different if he, Hayato, and Yukinon were all childhood friends together.

And Yukinon's car is the one responsible for the Hikki's accident? Wonder if Hikki harbours any ill will towards her.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 09:15   Link #1154
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
That was his goal. He wanted to turn them all into loners.
No, the point was that Hachiman want to get rid of the cause of Rumi's isolation, i.e. the clique that isolated her.

Since they sold each other out, the only thing that happened is that relationships are reset so there is no longer a mob mentality to alienate Rumi.

There is no promise that Rumi will make friends in the future, though at least this way she will have a chance.

Personally, I can't say I agree with Hachiman's solution because the way it was done was cruel in itself, but I can't say I thought of a better solution myself since it's not exactly easy helping a loner make friends.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 10:26   Link #1155
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The only other solution I could think of needs a really ideal condition for them to succeed (i.e both Rumi and the other girl must try hard and be more accepting), but that's likely won't happen especially in short time like that I guess that's why people like Hayato and Miura who lives in a world of 'kindness' won't be able to come up with a solution.

Old 2013-05-24, 10:46   Link #1156
Gundamx

instead of 4 girls talking bad about one girl > whole class stay away from her
it become 1 girl talk bad about 4 girl
( if 4 done it > more kids will join to look cool but one = mostly ignored unless she is bee queen)
or just hide the fact and try to get new friends without getting in each other way
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 13:11   Link #1157
Wilshere

Will Hachiman distance himself from Yukino now knowing that it was her car that hit him??? Dont know why but i feel so
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 13:23   Link #1158
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No, the point was that Hachiman want to get rid of the cause of Rumi's isolation, i.e. the clique that isolated her.

Since they sold each other out, the only thing that happened is that relationships are reset so there is no longer a mob mentality to alienate Rumi.

There is no promise that Rumi will make friends in the future, though at least this way she will have a chance.

Personally, I can't say I agree with Hachiman's solution because the way it was done was cruel in itself, but I can't say I thought of a better solution myself since it's not exactly easy helping a loner make friends.
The only bummer is that it didn't actually show them conversing or anything. Maybe there could've been a shot of Hikki watching them at a distance as they sort of talk. I think that would've wrapped it up nicely.

And I can understand why some people would disagree, but I think it was a perfect solution for them to stop being such brats.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 13:38   Link #1159
Windows X

On second thought, Hachiman's plan is actually clever ones. Saying you got puked and give some good scolding lesson for those brats. That would reset the group relationship properly and make a firm re-establishment with Hayato giving good lecture and ask them to apologize each other. Rumi won't be treated as cold as before and others will reflect upon themselves.

It's just Rumi taking initiative making the outcome next to worst case scenario. They pushed those gals into hell but they left before pulling them back to heaven earth. Bonds tearing apart like scrap paper and everyone feel lost and miserable without guidance by mean senpais. Well Rumi may feel little better? That's only loner's forced opinion. The fact she ignored Hachiman is clear enough that she dislike this method.

Maybe Rumi won't be left as loner and leave a camp with smile or Hayato redeeming himself from this incident if it got worked out as Hachiman planned. Timing is very critical for playing such gamble and it's sad to see such tragic ending like this.

Last edited by Windows X; 2013-05-24 at 13:48.
Windows X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 14:25   Link #1160
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Maybe Rumi won't be left as loner and leave a camp with smile or Hayato redeeming himself from this incident if it got worked out as Hachiman planned. Timing is very critical for playing such gamble and it's sad to see such tragic ending like this.
I have a feeling that you don't really understand this method very much. It's a worse method, but by no means that it has tragic ending (even Hayato comments that it ends up well based on the novel summary). This method not only would make Rumi be isolated like before but might also prevent something like this in the future because there's no solid clique that will bully new girl. Remember that Rumi got bullied not because she's wrong, but because of the 'friendship' her friends had.

Also if the situation is ideal, they might even have more real relationship than before. Considering that Rumi is different than Hachiman who choose to live a life of loner, it's possible that she will really make real friend after this.

Tags
drama, romantic comedy, school life, shounen