AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 21 20.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 35.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 26.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 11.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.98%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-24, 21:23   Link #221
christinemarie
Crazy One

Looks like Future Saki promised Aina (I'm confident in this one, since Aina died) something, that she wants to fulfill. I want to grasp that conversation between the two of them 200 years ago probably in the preceding episodes.
Old 2013-05-24, 22:03   Link #222
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post

Hell, even L-Elf feels, even after knowing the truth, that the Valvrave should be revealed and candidates selected to pilot them.
Too bad, L-Elf shot people in lab coats. If he kept them alive, each student will have his/her own Valvrave.

It's is more obvious that L-Elf's plot against Dorasia is related to "Licht". Maybe it's a girl's name. However, it doesn't stop people from joking L-Elf's relationship with Haruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Looks like Future Saki promised Aina (I'm confident in this one, since Aina died) something, that she wants to fulfill. I want to grasp that conversation between the two of them 200 years ago probably in the preceding episodes.
Saki's facial expression looks more mature. It looks like a married woman's face. ^^
As the enemy piloted stated, the two hundred years difference would make Valvrave's technology obsolete. Even Valvrave has the advanced secret technology, Saki is on the verge being slaughtered. The battle against future (empirical?) robot is too overwhelming. Maybe Saki finds a way to upgrade Valvrave's hardware and software.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-05-24, 22:11   Link #223
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
"PROTECT ME VAMPIRE MEAT SHIELD!"

Spoiler for Image:
Delicious.

All this thing needed was a superimposed "troll face" on L-Elf while Haruto turns into swiss cheese.
Old 2013-05-24, 23:26   Link #224
Destined_Fate

L-Elf shot them because his plan was different than. The whole Haruto biting him caused him to change things and now he wants to work with the new country Shoko made. So you can't really fault him on killing the scientist as they were doomed anyway as the rest of his group would have killed them if he didn't.
Old 2013-05-25, 00:05   Link #225
black_star
How should i say it?

Damn, I am still shocked with Aina's death. No more twintail megane cuteness for us too...

I want to ask : What will happen if somebody with the contract of Valvrave bites someone else with the contract too (like Haruto bit Saki, for example)?
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
Old 2013-05-25, 00:16   Link #226
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_star View Post
I want to ask : What will happen if somebody with the contract of Valvrave bites someone else with the contract too (like Haruto bit Saki, for example)?
Remember Saki bit Haruto? The one who bites gets the body
Old 2013-05-25, 00:34   Link #227
Irenesharda

Quote:
I doubt its Aina. Aina would have died 14 years before Saki made the promise. She states that she made the promise 200 years before, however her present was 214 years from the year that Aina died. Also, the person(s) she cried for seemed more personal then that, I would say the person is either a very close friend or romantic interest, or even husband. Remember that 14 years from present day would make the person who died in their late 20s or early 30s.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-25, 00:41   Link #228
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Well, I don't think the idea that she was going to die was ever on the table (since all of the Magus' are nigh-indestructible ) or at least, it was never taken a serious option.
Of course it was on the table, and a serious option. If a character is in a mecha battle in the vacuum of space, and if that character's mecha gets obliterated with him/her still in it, then by all rights, that character should die (yes, I'm aware of a ridiculous Gundam Seed exception to this, but that's an exception, not the rule). Even actual vampires would not survive that.

Prior to this episode, it was not at all impossible to imagine that Saki could die in battle. I mean, if it did happen, it would have been a bit surprising, but it was hardly unthinkable.

Now it is unthinkable because of the time-skip scene we saw.

Quote:
I never thought last episode that Saki would bite it when she froze, nor when she was stopped by the electromagnetic boomerangs would I have thought she would die.
I didn't either. But there's a difference between 100% certitude and a small smidgen of doubt. For me, that difference can be huge when it comes to how suspenseful an action scene is.

Quote:
Given what we had seen, there was never any danger on her life during any of those skirmishes. The real danger came from her getting defeated and captured by the opposing forces.
Well, for her first mecha fight, it would have been pretty shocking for her to die on her very first mecha battle. But her dying in a later mecha battle would have been less shocking, imo, except for what we now know due to the timeskip scene.

Quote:
Further, a lot things could happen to Saki in that 2 century interval. She might have been captured, she might have suffered a lot of pain not necessarily physical but emotional from seeing everyone she cared about die or failing to stop M77 from falling into ruin. She might have grown to be a different person and experienced a multitude if different events that turned her entire character upside down.
I'm certainly not saying that Saki's character as a whole isn't interesting any more. She's as interesting a character as she ever was. I'm just saying that, at least for me, this time-skip reveal makes the mecha fights she's going to be in less suspenseful and hence less interesting.

Quote:
The flash forward might have sapped away the idea that Saki might die (or any of the VVV pilots) but not the sense of suspense/drama during the battle,
You can't have the former without at least some of the latter, imo. So for me, sapping away the idea that Saki might die does sap away some of the suspense/drama during the battle.

Quote:
It doesn't take away from the potential of the stories she could get, but rather confirm that she will remain a major player from this point on and have more to add to the overall narrative.
Episode 6 made it clear that she's a major player.

Quote:
Just because we know a character will live through the series doesn't suddenly makes us worry less about what happens about them.
It's not just that we know that Saki will live through the series, though that's important in and of itself. It's also that she's in perfect health, perfect beauty, and capable of smiling. That really limits the number of possible negative things that could conceivably happen to her.

So frankly, yeah, I am going to worry about her less now.

Anyway, it's fine if you don't see this the way I do, but given what I personally find interesting and suspenseful, my opinion here is not at all likely to change.
Old 2013-05-25, 01:04   Link #229
The American Average
2LMES

I do wonder where it will go from here makes me wonder what Kyuma Inuzuka will do? after all megane and him were pretty close, wonder if he'll steal a valvrave unit or something.
Old 2013-05-25, 01:18   Link #230
GundamZZ
残念美人

Another minor character making the lasting impression is Takahi. She still has the high-handed ojousama attitude. She's interested about something called love. She calls out the student body president. Then, she rejects him by saying "zenzen chiwa", or something as "it doesn't feel right".

Another interesting character is the teacher. He can breaks L-Elf's hidden traps and says the reason is he's physics teacher. He must be some kind of walking calculator.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-05-25, 01:18   Link #231
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
For some reasons, I'm pretty sure the one in the watch is Shouko. She has that same smile when she looked at Shouko from previous episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's not just that we know that Saki will live through the series, though that's important in and of itself. It's also that she's in perfect health, perfect beauty, and capable of smiling. That really limits the number of possible negative things that could conceivably happen to her.

So frankly, yeah, I am going to worry about her less now.

Anyway, it's fine if you don't see this the way I do, but given what I personally find interesting and suspenseful, my opinion here is not at all likely to change.
If anything it indicates at all, it's Saki looks like a loner now.
Old 2013-05-25, 02:27   Link #232
NeutralZero

Its possible that within the 200 year time period, the seven drift apart or doing a one man mission and the other are somewhere in a base of sort... unless we see more of that 200 year time skip things will be just way to vague...
Old 2013-05-25, 02:33   Link #233
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Its possible that within the 200 year time period, the seven drift apart or doing a one man mission and the other are somewhere in a base of sort... unless we see more of that 200 year time skip things will be just way to vague...
They all dead. Saki new main character
Old 2013-05-25, 03:07   Link #234
nolovenopain

I think Saki after 200 years is another person,may be Haruto. Since the pilots can swap body,she saved someone life by switching body with her. That person after 200 years made a promise with her and the person in that picture is real Saki.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:14   Link #235
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
I don't know, I think unless some of them became enemies, the 7 pilots would probably stay in touch. I mean, they're the only ones of their kind. The 7 of them would be the only constant in an ever changing world as they are immortal and their friends and family would be long gone.

I hope they get into the pros and cons of immortality and the loss of humanity as it affects the main cast over those 200+ years.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-25, 04:00   Link #236
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Who knows, maybe something can happen to Satomi and he gains a reason to fight.
No, it's the other way around... Maybe Akira will pilot the Valvrave instead.

BTW, does anyone watched the official Aniplex subs of Ep. 7? I think the Dorussian soldier mentioned 40 stunde instead of 4 justowns.

Last edited by Benigmatica; 2013-05-25 at 05:53.
Old 2013-05-25, 07:50   Link #237
Bern-san

I thought the megane girl was going to have a mini-subplot with Thunder since there was a chance to ship so I'm surprised that she was the first one to die.

As annoyed as I was with Saki in the previous episode, I started to like her in this one. The huge timeskip makes me sad because all characters who aren't vampires won't appear (especially Shoko who I don't see as a VVV pilot).

Interesting that there's a connection between pink girl and L-Elf... Hopefully we'll get an explanation soon?

My only disappointment is that A-Drei didn't make the L-Elf scream.
Old 2013-05-25, 08:26   Link #238
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
BTW, does anyone watched the official Aniplex subs of Ep. 7? I think the Dorussian soldier mentioned 40 stunde instead of 4 justowns.
I heard it as "yonjuu(40) stango/stando"... "Stunde" means "hour" in German but the pronounciation is completely different than what we hear in the show, so unless they didn't do the research and pronounced it as if it was in English... who knows.

But if it's an official sub then chances are the translator has the scripts.
Old 2013-05-25, 08:36   Link #239
Kirarakim

I just realized why the characters have become vampires...high school students forever.

The target audience will love that. Never have to worry about their favorite characters growing up.
Old 2013-05-25, 08:44   Link #240
Jun pls

I really liked Episode 7. I liked Aina so I was very sad that she died though

Am I the only one that thought the scene in the beginning was just a movie or dream of Saki?

Loved how L-Elf used Haruto as a shield, god I laughed so much lmao.
Can't wait for next episode~

This series is seriously my favourite this season (next to Shingeki no Kyojin) just for the fact it entertains me so much.
Closed Thread