Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-26, 19:43   Link #661
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
But not all of them at the same time. Well, except for the music part (some people play their own music while playing a game). Video games do incorporate all of these aspects, but I can't imagine many who can Watch TV and talk with friends while playing any video game.
Well in my friends house he's got a 40 inch LED TV where we play at and an LCD TV. We turn on the LCD TV if the game gets boring or there is something on TV. Yeah and we have snacks and drinks and all, it's just a typical friends weekend.

I think Xbox One as seen in the demo it will be all windowed when watching TV and playing the game and not full screen, so that means you need a big TV or monitor.
Old 2013-05-26, 20:15   Link #662
Ridecks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^That is the most bullshit thing ever.

Playing a game is all in one.

Cutscenes like watching a TV.
Awesome soundtrack in game like listening to music
Chatting with friends, when you play online or in spectator mode you can chat.

All those innovations is current gen technology.
I love the idea of grinding for XP and watching some south park on netflix at the same time. I already do this with my phone sometimes
Old 2013-05-26, 20:35   Link #663
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Xbox One

Cable Box with a gaming app LOL

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-27, 01:27   Link #664
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

"Xbox One will be region locked"
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-on...report-6408917

comments: does Xblock wan getting better and better...or what?
Old 2013-05-27, 02:14   Link #665
Ridecks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
"Xbox One will be region locked"
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-on...report-6408917

comments: does Xblock wan getting better and better...or what?
XBOX1 certainly seems like a tough purchase so far...but it all comes down to the games that will or more like hopefully will be shown at the e3 conference. I want to see new IPs, some sequels...but def. new IPs. Hideo Kojima showing off MGSV on xbox 1, remedy's game, rare's mystery game, black tusk studios, halo 2 remake...
Old 2013-05-27, 02:25   Link #666
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridecks View Post
XBOX1 certainly seems like a tough purchase so far...but it all comes down to the games that will or more like hopefully will be shown at the e3 conference. I want to see new IPs, some sequels...but def. new IPs. Hideo Kojima showing off MGSV on xbox 1, remedy's game, rare's mystery game, black tusk studios, halo 2 remake...
Any game you can get on the PS4 and PC wouldn't help the Xbox which leaves the exclusives.

Even then I highly doubt it'll be enough to save it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 02:31   Link #667
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Microsoft is so arrogant with XBox One because XBox 360 did so well. Microsoft will walk all over consumers with XBox One. Do you really want some of the XBO exclusives that badly? People shouldn't support this system. Do many gamers really wanna let MS walk all over them just for some of their exclusives? There are good alternatives (PS4, PC, possibly the Steam Box).

Now, if PS4 pulls the same kind of things, well, gamers are screwed. Console gaming will have gone bad. I see many hardcore gamers going with PC gaming with a side of Wii U. If PS4 is almost as bad as XBO, the one thing that might make it bearable and might make the difference between me getting it and not getting it is that it doesn't have a camera (Kinect) that is shipped with the system, forced to always be connected, and forced to be always on.
Old 2013-05-27, 03:41   Link #668
Destined_Fate

Well...

It isn't as bad as the 3DS being region locked since the 3DS actually has games overseas of great quality that will never come over here while I doubt the X1 will have that going for it considering they haven't really endeared themselves with Japan with the XBox and 360 in the past.

If the PS4 ends up region locked I will cry... My SRW fix will be ruined forever if it is!

-

The sad thing is that it WILL sell because many people are ignorant, uninformed, and will buy it because "It's the next XBox".

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-05-27 at 03:59.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 03:54   Link #669
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well...

It isn't as bad as the 3DS being region locked since the 3DS actually has games overseas of great quality that will never come over here while I doubt the X1 will have that going for it considering they haven't really endeared themselves with Japan with the XBox and 360 in the past.

If the PS4 ends up region locked I will cry... My SRW fix will be ruined forever if it is!
I've seen SRW mentioned three times on these gaming boards in the last three or four days. What is SRW?
Old 2013-05-27, 04:03   Link #670
Destined_Fate

SRW is Super Robot Wars. It never comes out in the West anymore so the 3DS Region Lock hurts but at least the Vita is region free so it gives me hopes that even though the X1 isn't region free the PS4 may be.

Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 04:04   Link #671
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I've seen SRW mentioned three times on these gaming boards in the last three or four days. What is SRW?
super robot taisen?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 04:13   Link #672
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

You can tell Sony on twitter you don't want restrictive DRM and don't want used game fees for PS4.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568033

I read on neogaf that Sony was going to do similar things as Microsoft, but after seeing the shit storm MS got, they may be changing things. They have been quiet when asked if they will do as MS is choosing because they are considering changing things. No guarantees, and it is good if people communicate with Sony on twitter.
Old 2013-05-27, 05:07   Link #673
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seems Sony has the same plans, but backed out.
Old 2013-05-27, 05:16   Link #674
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Seems Sony has the same plans, but backed out.
Didn't they announced a few months back about blocking used games? good thing they backed out before it was too late.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 05:28   Link #675
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
Didn't they announced a few months back about blocking used games? good thing they backed out before it was too late.
They did, but the initial reaction to it was negative, seemingly they re-group and rethink their plans for the PS4. The only good that came out of that report a few months back is that it's not required to be online all the time as I recall.

Edit:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-27, 05:51   Link #676
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

During the Sony PS4 (controller) reveal a few months ago they said that they'll leave the option to block used games up to the developers, but Sony themselves aren't going to do it.
Old 2013-05-27, 05:51   Link #677
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Guys I know most of us are really angry with Microsoft's used game restrictions but their idea of getting a cut of used game sells doesn't sound unreasonable at all.

Let's think for a minute Isn't there some kind of method that can be used so that developers can still gain some profit off of used game sales but at the same time keeping it fair for the consumers?

Perhaps make it so when we purchase used games at a store whatever we pay for that used game goes to the companies that made the game instead of the stores?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 05:59   Link #678
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

When you sell a used car, are you expected to pay the manufacturers a portion of the money?
Old 2013-05-27, 06:04   Link #679
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
When you sell a used car, are you expected to pay the manufacturers a portion of the money?
And I ask again, where is the problem in a company still getting payment for a product that's used?

I'm asking as far as VIDEO GAMES are concerned, shouldn't a company that brings a person joy still be entitled to get a profit even from used games? You know how many games could have been more successful if companies not only have just the new game sales but also used game sales as well to look at?

I can think of one game series that could have survived because of this type of thing:SHENMUE

The idea itself isn't bad, figuring out a way for it to be done while still keeping consumers happy is the tough part.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 06:06   Link #680
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Guys I know most of us are really angry with Microsoft's used game restrictions but their idea of getting a cut of used game sells doesn't sound unreasonable at all.

Let's think for a minute Isn't there some kind of method that can be used so that developers can still gain some profit off of used game sales but at the same time keeping it fair for the consumers?

Perhaps make it so when we purchase used games at a store whatever we pay for that used game goes to the companies that made the game instead of the stores?
Should I sell my old textbooks on Ebay, do I need to pay a portion of my profits to the original publisher?

And if you think I have to, why do you think that?
Quote:
And I ask again, where is the problem in a company still getting payment for a product that's used?
Because they GOT PAID ALREADY.

You can't get paid for something that isn't yours. Is that an alien concept to you?

Quote:
The idea itself isn't bad, figuring out a way for it to be done while still keeping consumers happy is the tough part.
Game companies that can't figure out how to stay in business by selling their game once, don't have the right to stay in business. No, consumers are not happy that you want them to pay extra after they already paid you full price. You don't deserve any more money. If you want more money, raise your prices. And see how many people are willing to buy your products.