Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-03, 22:36   Link #61
Wakoeme
spring time of life

Send a message via AIM to Wakoeme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesis-C
FFX-2 = Had a good idea, but then it went downhill at production... It was way too mainstream (main characters being females that wore straps of cloth rather than clothing)
the only real reason they made the game was because Riku had such a huge fan base.
Old 2006-02-06, 16:30   Link #62
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
First and foremost...Chun-Li. One of the cutest things ever. Other than that...
--Rikku (Final Fantasy X, X-2)
--Remy (Street Fighter III: Third Strike)
--Ahnassi (The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind)
--Elena (Street Fighter III: Third Strike)
--Elli (Harvest Moon 64)
--Sam Fisher (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series)
--Makoto (Street Fighter III: Third Strike)
--Ibuki (Street Fighter III: Third Strike)
--Talim (Soul Calibur II and III)
--Chai Xianghua (Soul Calibur series)
--Dudley (Street Fighter III: Third Strike)
--Vega (Street Fighter series)
--Super Mario (Super Mario series)
--Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
--Wakka (Final Fantasy X, X-2)
--Maxi (Soul Calibur series)
--Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
That's...about...it. ^_^; I know it's a lot..gomen-ne on that.
Old 2006-02-07, 01:32   Link #63
Scorch

Carth Forleizen - Ogre Battle 64. He's crazy, charging the boss of the stage where he appears over and over until one dies. Plus, I love his backstory.
Dak'kon - Planescape Torment. He's a complex character. The Unbroken Circle of the Zerthimon that he carries is my favorite object in the game.
Morte - Planescape Torment. He's a flying skull, who tries to hit on zombie women.
Old 2006-02-07, 07:38   Link #64
Theundyingmage

Favourite Vg characters eh.......

Here in no particular order.....

Rikku (FFX-2)
Makoto (SF3-3S)
Chun Li (any SF)
Sakura (SFA3)
May Lee (Kof 2002)
Angel (Kof 2002)
Vanessa (Kof 2002)
Ramon (Kof 2002)
Xiao Qiao (Dynasty Warriors)
Zetta (Makai Kingdom)
Yoshi (Mario series)
Gato (Kof and MOW)
Rebecca (Fire Emblem GBA)
Konomi (To Heart 2 X rated )
Link (Legend Of Zelda)
Raichu (Pokemon)

and theres still lots more that I like but can't think of at the moment.
Old 2006-02-07, 13:15   Link #65
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog
SAS from counter-strike 1.6 =D
Vega from Street Fighter
Sub Zero from Mortal Kombat

my favs =D
Old 2006-02-07, 21:55   Link #66
shikamarufoo

My favorite vg character would probably have to be Cloud from FFVII. He keeps his cool, like a mysterious hero, doesn't speak much, but when he does it makes what he says more worthwhile. Snake from MGS1 comes in 2nd place only because I haven't played MGS3 yet. Third is Ryu from SF.
Old 2006-02-07, 22:18   Link #67
FCryosuke3S

Fei Fong Wong, Dr. Citan and id ohh and maybe that lead male character from Lost Odyssey, lolz
Old 2006-02-07, 22:29   Link #68
Kiron22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir
Sephiroth owns all. Sleek clean and uber cool look, with galaxy destroying power...

If sephiroth wasnt so badass then how come hes one every villian tournament i have ever seen. Also how come he is in Kingdom Hearts? How come they even made a movie of FF7 with him in it? The only attention kefka got was a remake of the game. A real true fan of the FF series would shame all the rest for saying kefka was more badass then sephiroth. Kefka is and looks retarded. You cant even compare the two. Until you have played every single FF dont state such nonsense. And if you have, you shame all FF fans.

Google search results: Sephiroth - 1,900,000 | Kefka - 234,000 Nuff said.

Sephiroth is the fav villan of those people who are "True FF fans" and started with FF7, for someone too be popular dos'nt make them awsome or good, look at Black eyed peas for example
Kefka owned Sephiroth in every way, heck if they fought Kefka would Pwn Sephiroth.
I bet your one of the people that says the Aries body in the water scene is better than the Aria di Mezzo Carattere.
Old 2006-02-07, 22:57   Link #69
FireBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPower
Claude from Star Ocean the second story for PS1. Now tell me how can any1 come close to him in dredness and skill! Talk about special moves . HA!
That one was worth about 50 points.

- Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII. Not only a badass villian, but he's got a cool story to him as well.

- Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics. The guy who at first, I thought was a girl. His developement throughout the game was awesome; how he went from a powerless, ignorant kid to such an accomplished person by the end of the game.

- Poo from Earthbound. When I was a kid, I just couldn't get over his name. Funny thing is, I still can't. lol. POO.

- Zack from Dead or Alive 4. The DJ guy, anyways. Basically, he's some crazy DJ that's consistently high on shrooms throughout the story. At one point, he climbs a skyscraper for absolutely no reason, then jumps off and fights with someone. If that's not damn cool, I don't know what is.
Old 2006-02-12, 14:47   Link #70
MamoruUsagi

Garnet til Alexandros / Princess Garnet / Dagger / Garnet / Princess Garnet til Alexandros 17th

is my favorite character.

Final Fantasy IX

I've played every Final Fantasy game. Princess Garnet is both mine and my boyfriend's favorite character.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-02-19 at 17:51.
Old 2006-02-12, 16:11   Link #71
sayde

Lee Chaolan (Tekken)

Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)

Megaman X

Cloud (FF7)

Aya Brea (Parasite Eve)

Ziggy (Xenosaga)
Old 2006-02-12, 23:56   Link #72
Kouji
StrykerX

Rival Schools/Project Justice

Roberto

Suikoden IV

Tal

Tales of the Abyss

Anise

Luke Fon Fabre
Old 2006-02-13, 11:05   Link #73
Rurik
Golden

Sephiroth From FF VII

Kefka, Shadow, And Cyan from FF III

Solid Snake…Metal gear Solid, not the one from Snake Eater (this is my Fav of them all J)

Sam Fisher …Splinter Cell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiron22
Sephiroth is the fav villan of those people who are "True FF fans" and started with FF7, for someone too be popular dos'nt make them awsome or good, look at Black eyed peas for example
Kefka owned Sephiroth in every way, heck if they fought Kefka would Pwn Sephiroth.
Well, it is hard to put a comparison of two character that belong to different games, both of them used Magic in their own way,

IMO Sephiroth in term of Coolness, Beat Kefka by a long shot, But I think in terms of Evil, Kefka if way superior than Sephiroth, Sephitoth just went crazy, that’s all.

Taking in account the max power both of this Characters reached, It is hard to tell who would own who…Sephitroth had the supernova in his disposal (A very funny attack,, Sephiroth destroyed the whole solar system just to Take some HP from you…yet why didn’t he used that attack to begin with and destroy the planet?) but still I think Kefka would beat him in the end.

But IMO, in term of bad guys strength, the most difficult in the FF series was Zemus from FF II.
Old 2006-02-13, 12:31   Link #74
sayde

fyi, supernova's nothing more than an illusionary attack. He doesn't literally blow up the entire solar system. lol

I'd assume his powers over Jenova gave him abilities to use illusionary attacks like that.
Old 2006-02-13, 13:10   Link #75
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde
fyi, supernova's nothing more than an illusionary attack. He doesn't literally blow up the entire solar system. lol

I'd assume his powers over Jenova gave him abilities to use illusionary attacks like that.
Pardon my ignorance, but Were is this mentioned?
Old 2006-02-13, 14:00   Link #76
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Pardon my ignorance, but Were is this mentioned?
I think in the part where the whole solar system isn't destroyed, where it's something of a given

Hmm, favourites...

Well, Devil May Cry made me buy a PS2, so Dante's on the list, as long as he doesn't speak; Amarant from FFIX because he has ginger dreads; Lu Bu, Cao Pi and Xiahou Dun from Dynasty Warriors because one is a psychotic mass murderer with a cockroach hairdo, one looks like a psychotic mass murdering pretty boy with a swanky weapon (and a rubbish moveset ) and one looks like a pirate; Siegfried/Nightmare from SCII/III for big swords (BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG swords); and 'Albino Darth Vader' from Goldeneye 64, for being the best camoflaged character in most of the multiplayer levels (it's up to you to guess which one I mean there). There are probably more, but that's all I can think of at the moment...
Old 2006-02-13, 15:41   Link #77
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
I think in the part where the whole solar system isn't destroyed, where it's something of a given
We see the solar system been destroyed when the spell is cast (there is something called "Suspension of disbelief "), Im still waiting for a proof of Sayde asertion something like info from an Official guide, or anything of the likes.

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-02-13 at 16:33.
Old 2006-02-14, 10:55   Link #78
D3athScythe
« Mecha | Shana »

Send a message via MSN to D3athScythe
Metal Gear Solid (1,2,3) - All the snakes! lolz

Soul Calibur 2/3
- Talim

FFX-2
- Rikku

FFVII
- Tifa (Advent Children ver! much better lolz)

Mortal Kombat: Deception
Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Ermac (all 3 are cool lolz)

Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3 - Hinabi (Hanabi?) followed by ANBU Kakashi

Any FPS games - Any bloody SNIPER character is c00l, not cause of the person, but the gun!

Splinter Cell - Sam Fisher

Ninja Gaiden - Ryu (thats his name right?)

can't be bothered to go on, bleh!
Old 2006-02-19, 16:41   Link #79
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Soul Calibur 2--Taki (RED HOTT, white elegance, or the green "You got your ass kicked by a schoolgirl" outfit)...and she's a demon huntress.
Warcraft 3--ILLIDAN STORMRAGE...because he is such a fucking badass. Powerful, yet cunning. Only lost because he got GSD-34'ed by blizzard.
Starcraft--Tassadar and Zeratul. Epic kickassery, be it as a mighty powerful wizard, or a shadowy assassin.
Legend of Dragoon--Rose: most badass RPG woman...EVER. Her voice actress fucking sucked though
FFVII--Sephiroth: believe it or not, I never actually did play through the game proper, but even I know who this son-of-a-jenova with that crazed mind and cool demeanor is...he is the one that started an archetype throughout RPGs and anime that I don't think we'll ever see the end of. He gave rise to the long-haired bishy. Sesshoumaru, Kefka, Seymour, Pegasus, the list goes on...every single one of them is just a sad attempt at being Sephiroth.
FFX: Tidus/Yuna: Tidus because you just gotta like the guy...he's completely clueless, yet he's able to play the situation by ear when it counts. (And I'm only past operation Mi'hen), and Yuna, well, because, she's another Lacus Clyne. Soft yet strong at the same time. And her FFX-2 pics from what I've seen...O_o...either somebody dies from a headshot, or from a nosebleed.
Old 2006-02-28, 01:22   Link #80
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

Solid/Naked Snake - MGS Series

Dante - DMC series (I like arrogant and cocky characters who talk trash, especially when they can back it up.)

Vergil - DMC Series (The anti-Dante character)

Sam Fisher - Splinter Cell Series
Closed Thread