エーレンフェストの聖女

Here's hoping there'll be route. I want some happy ending after all of that

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 12:56   Link #762
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
because Yoshiteru Zaimokuza is in the cover maybe the bad end would be you would end up with him in the end that cover would make sense if it does.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 13:58   Link #763
icebreaker

Quote:
I heard something like "In the end, everything went wrong after all" in the advertisement.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 14:28   Link #764
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I thought it's something more like "even in game, everything went wrong"? There's just no break for Hachiman, huh?

Old 2013-06-06, 17:13   Link #765
Tenzen12

I suppose game isn't in english, is it? ( though if all dialoges including Hikkis were properly voiced I might give a try anyway)..
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 18:32   Link #766
Shadow5YA

So is that corruption meter counting how negative he's become or him turning into one of those riajuu he hates?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 09:39   Link #767
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Another new chapter summary for vol 7.

http://pastebin.com/Uc3C0X6v

Old 2013-06-08, 09:49   Link #768
terribad

New update on page 15 it's chapter 5 of volume 7. Anyway, I might as well share my idea as to what happened with Yukino and Hayama. If people care enough about it, I'll add references.

Spoiler for The history of Yukino and Hayama:

Quote:

I was ninja'd.

Last edited by terribad; 2013-06-08 at 12:51. Reason: Edit 4
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 09:51   Link #769
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
I thought you were gone so.. Seems like it's a long summary, though I haven't had the time to read it yet

Old 2013-06-08, 09:57   Link #770
terribad

Quote:
^
I thought you were gone so.. Seems like it's a long summary, though I haven't had the time to read it yet
No, I'm just lurking. I still check the forum daily or more. I just refocused my keen interest in the series on tv-tropes and a yahari wikia. It can be fun on 4chan too. Also, I wasn't so certain about many topics discussed as of late so I wanted to refrain from saying anything. I actually had some colossal post in reply to what csuree said recently but I deleted it by half accident. It was too much work anyway.

Too much information? Sorry. I'm reading chapter 5 now but I did half skim chapter 4.
Old 2013-06-08, 10:54   Link #771
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribad View Post
Some stuff about Yumiko
Where is this from? I never remember reading anything about Yumiko's past.

EDIT: I think you typo-ed Yukino with Yumiko a number of times.

Last edited by icebreaker; 2013-06-08 at 11:15.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 10:59   Link #772
Tenzen12

Teribad:

1) it's too long (can't be quoted)
2) Doesn't make much sense.

Yes, Yukino were often bullied by girls that were jelous on her, but otherwise she were fairly popular. We know she NEVER had problems with grouping on school trips. Someone always offered her join and she did. And v7 school trip is same and she didn't showed any traits of hesitating nor distrust. I think we can rule this out.

Anyway about Hayato. What about this: she considered him to be friend but he turned be just another of woers she come to hate by that time and after she rejected him, his fangirls started bullying (just one of possibilities)
Old 2013-06-08, 11:58   Link #773
csuree
The Most Hated™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

Anyway about Hayato. What about this: she considered him to be friend but he turned be just another of woers she come to hate by that time and after she rejected him, his fangirls started bullying (just one of possibilities)
Well this seems plausible but it does not explain why Yukino is so harsh on him. If he was a simple woo-er then she would just shrug it off. This has a bigger incident at the base of the problem as Yukino is not the type to hold a grudge for being just someone who was trying to get her hooked up.

As a thing from vol. 6. Sagami is a b.tch....she dumped all her responsibilities on Yukino and she's hardly doing anything. Even when Hachiman said that he hates people who relax, while he is working, it can be seen that the Shiromeguri Meguri's comment ("you're Disgusting") is kinda forced.....they all knew Hikki was right in that position, but they averted their gaze from the real problem. I believe if someone popular would've said that then all would agree with him.....(I know this kind of situations from first hand exp.)
Old 2013-06-08, 12:02   Link #774
terribad

Since my idea is getting attention, I should probably clean it up a bit. It's actually just a very rough document copy and pasted from One Note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
Where is this from? I never remember reading anything about Yumiko's past.
I was referencing her behaviour in episode 7 I believe. Her behavior was just part of my argument in which I say Hayato hurt her personally and may have been close to her in some way. Of course, it's just an argument not an explanation.

EDIT: I've read your edit and yeah the typos were probably the issue. I've cleaned my idea up a bit now.

Quote:
1) it's too long (can't be quoted)
2) Doesn't make much sense.
Ouch. Well you were blunt, as before, but I like that. I sound like an M.

Quote:
Yes, Yukino were often bullied by girls that were jelous on her, but otherwise she were fairly popular. We know she NEVER had problems with grouping on school trips. Someone always offered her join and she did. And v7 school trip is same and she didn't showed any traits of hesitating nor distrust. I think we can rule this out.
Where did it say she was fairly popular back then? For the guys, Yukino did say it would nice if all the guys who confessed actually liked her (I assume as person). I'm fairly certain it was mostly girls who bullied her by messing with her recorders and shoes. Yukino also said she was friendless in grade school. Yukino was likely more naive then, but now she quite quickly became friends with Yui. If she really was popular, she should have many opportunities to befriend someone. But she said she was friendless, and Yukino doesn't lie - kinda. If so I doubt she was popular then. Her grouping situation now may not affect her situation in the past. Yukino is in an elite class. She's also known to be a "rich girl" for lack of better words which grade schoolers wouldn't care about. By offering help to Yukino, the elite class may get strong connections in the future. Likewise, they're most likely much more mature than grade schoolers. They're also probably closer to her skill wise. So, Yukino's specs aren't quite as good as evoking jealousy perhaps. In short just because she didn't have problems now, doesn't necessarily mean she didn't have problems in the past.

Ah when I say forced, I was thinking forced specifically to be with Hayama's friends. With that, I tried to make Hayama in some way responsible for what happened, assuming she didn't want to be in his group. She may want to be alone, but feels forced to join in a group for activities in general. She seems fairly submissive to authority. That's more along the lines of the forced I was talking about and I can relate in my experience.

Haruno does talk about the people who thought highly of Yukino but came to hate her. It may have been when she was in a group that this process began. Plus, people can change in desperate situations like with Rumi's "friends". Perhaps, her group turned on her because she ultimately isn't part of the group. She's an easy target. Likewise, I think Hachiman mentioned that her very existence is a form of aggression in vol 5 ch 2, and episode 7-8 showed that even kids in grade school can be cruel in the series. Accordingly, we may have a possible reason as to why the kids would turn on her in my speculative situation.

Quote:
May be.

Last edited by terribad; 2013-06-08 at 12:55.
Old 2013-06-08, 12:52   Link #775
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:

Is it just me or is the Hiki/Saika subtext starting to become text?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 13:04   Link #776
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribad View Post
Where did it say she was fairly popular back then? For the guys, Yukino did say it would nice if all the guys who confessed actually liked her (I assume as person). I'm fairly certain it was mostly girls who bullied her by messing with her recorders and shoes. Yukino also said she was friendless in grade school. Yukino was likely more naive then, but now she quite quickly became friends with Yui. If she really was popular, she should have many opportunities to befriend someone. But she said she was friendless, and Yukino doesn't lie - kinda. If so I doubt she was popular then. Her grouping situation now may not affect her situation in the past. Yukino is in an elite class. She's also known to be a "rich girl" for lack of better words which grade schoolers wouldn't care about. By offering help to Yukino, the elite class may get strong connections in the future. Likewise, they're most likely much more mature than grade schoolers. They're also probably closer to her skill wise. So, Yukino's specs aren't quite as good as evoking jealousy perhaps. In short just because she didn't have problems now, doesn't necessarily mean she didn't have problems in the past.
It's said One picture is worth ten thousand words so
Spoiler for manga content:

I had first volume of novels that someone put through google translate, but I lost it along with my beloved motorola. But at least I can say manga didn't make this up as result.

So she indeed were popular and pretty much all guys were in love with her and girl jelous. In such enviroment it would be quite difficult look for real friends.

Point is if she had such experience as you say, she wouldn't be so nonchalant as she is about grouping in school trips

Spoiler for Volume 7 resume :

Quote:
Haruno does talk about the people who thought highly of Yukino but came to hate her. It may have been when she was in a group that this process began. Plus, people can change in desperate situations like with Rumi's "friends". Perhaps, her group turned on her because she ultimately isn't part of the group. She's an easy target. Likewise, I think Hachiman mentioned that her very existence is a form of aggression in vol 5 ch 2, and episode 7-8 showed that even kids in grade school can be cruel in the series. Accordingly, we may have a possible reason as to why the kids would turn on her in speculative situation.
2nd sentence: may, 3rd: perhaps, 4th can change, 7th (that's my favourite): may have possible...in speculative situation

Anyway her distrust seems to be result of gradual repetative encounter with jelousy not by one time incident.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-06-17 at 11:39.
Old 2013-06-08, 13:51   Link #777
Shadow5YA

My guess at what happened is that Yukino was just being herself (aka, she was right most of the time and offended people whom were corrected by her). The difference is that back then, she was much younger so she had her share of fans and enemies. However, slowly girls started rumors to antagonize her similar to what those elementary schools did to Rumi. The number of people who disliked her grew slowly...

... until one day Hayama confessed to Yukino. She turned him down, and with Hayama probably being popular as always, that gave the haters even more excuses to antagonize her, and even the people who may have disbelieved the bad rumors at first started to believe she was a bad person. Hayato, being too afraid of being labeled the same way if he takes Yukino's side, acts all wishy-washy like Yui did early in the series and does nothing.

Yukino never had any friends in the beginning (only admirers and haters), but after that one point, she didn't have any admirers either. The bad rumors combined with pressure from her family (and other high society members) to be as "perfect" as Haruno is causes Yukino to retreat into her shell, thinking something along the lines of "I don't need friends because I need focus on school and catch up to my sister anyway", where she keeps to herself and does nothing to prove all the bad rumors surrounding her false.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 14:19   Link #778
csuree
The Most Hated™

Just finished reading vol.7 ch.5. "Kansetsu kisu"(indirect kiss); This is why hachiman wouldn't have tasted anything. he would be in bliss by having a kiss
Yui is so aggressive: the train, the shrine, the picture taking, the waterfall,
And she wouldn't have minded the indirect kiss too. Hikki really got his share of attention from her.

The sad part is that while everybody gave Hikki their cameras to take a picture, everybody is in the picture except him. It is a little sad. Did he not think of this....Knowing him he definitely has some thoughts about it.
Old 2013-06-08, 16:52   Link #779
Hydrangea

Episode 10 was amazing! They actually used their soundtrack to enhance the dialogue and create the atmosphere it was meant to have! Also I liked the metaphor at the end with the books collapsing. This show is chock full of symbolism though! I know you guys mentioned the cat and dog thing before with that one scene but seriously, if you look way back, its pretty much been a metaphor in the entire series. Does anyone here believe that hayato is evil lol? and that he actually DID lock sagami on the roof? I think it would be great if he did!
Hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 16:58   Link #780
Tenzen12

I would expect rather Haruno, but even if it was him I don't think there is any reason consider him evil, at least no more evil than Hikki

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-06-08 at 17:18.

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck