Notices

Old 2013-06-08, 12:04   Link #2581
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
In Japan, They hate vol.12 or love it?

I don't understand!
It's not like there's some sort of singular "Japan opinion" about it. Overall, from what you see on places like 2ch, a repeated view seems to be that the ending is "daring" for not being what most would have predicted and following this path. There's a lot of interest in what will be printed in the short story that ships with the first Blu-Ray disc (and pre-orders for that have been way up in the last day). Some people thought it was an appropriate ending for the story, while others were disappointed that it didn't go in the direction they hoped (so, like here). Other than that, a number of people commented that it's one of those cases where the novel has one ending, but they want people to play the upcoming PS3 game for all the alternate paths. And on 2ch in particular (like 4chan), there's a lot of poking fun at the various "shipping factions" that "lost" and are devastated over the ending, some of which is "you should have seen this coming", and some is just "you're taking this way too seriously". Also, just like here, there was a lot of consternation at first when only the brief summaries were being posted (and people were jumping to conclusions), but this started calming down somewhat as people actually got the book and read it for themselves. The tone of the opinions started changing a bit after that to be a bit more balanced, and less polarized.

All in all, like I said earlier, pretty much any ending to this work was going to be somewhat controversial due to the suspense and factions that had been set-up. So in that sense, the reaction is about what you might expect.
Old 2013-06-08, 12:13   Link #2582
Wilshere

Spoiler for Kirino's reaction:

Thats what she did when she heard Kyousuke saying that he has someone that he loves.
Old 2013-06-08, 12:15   Link #2583
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's not like there's some sort of singular "Japan opinion" about it. Overall, from what you see on places like 2ch, a repeated view seems to be that the ending is "daring" for not being what most would have predicted and following this path. There's a lot of interest in what will be printed in the short story that ships with the first Blu-Ray disc (and pre-orders for that have been way up in the last day). Some people thought it was an appropriate ending for the story, while others were disappointed that it didn't go in the direction they hoped (so, like here). Other than that, a number of people commented that it's one of those cases where the novel has one ending, but they want people to play the upcoming PS3 game for all the alternate paths. And on 2ch in particular (like 4chan), there's a lot of poking fun at the various "shipping factions" that "lost" and are devastated over the ending, some of which is "you should have seen this coming", and some is just "you're taking this way too seriously". Also, just like here, there was a lot of consternation at first when only the brief summaries were being posted (and people were jumping to conclusions), but this started calming down somewhat as people actually got the book and read it for themselves. The tone of the opinions started changing a bit after that to be a bit more balanced, and less polarized.

All in all, like I said earlier, pretty much any ending to this work was going to be somewhat controversial due to the suspense and factions that had been set-up. So in that sense, the reaction is about what you might expect.
Though it happens in many places, and is often to be expected, I really dislike it when the "winning factions" start rubbing it in with the "losing factions". I especially hate the "you should have seen this coming" line that is followed by a whole set of "evidence" from earlier events and calling everything else red herrings, when most of this is being done ex-post. If the story had ended differently, everyone would be referring to those so-called evidence as red herrings and pronouncing all the other plausible clues for the other girl as actual evidence.

But I agree that many of us, myself included, do take things too seriously

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 12:16   Link #2584
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Thats what she did when she heard Kyousuke saying that he has someone that he loves.
No... that's what she did when Kyousuke proposed. The text on the image says, simply, "Yes".

(That said, as I asked the other day, please don't post the collection of raws, either images or text. A low-res image here and there if it illustrates a specific discussion point may be "fair use", but in general posting raws on this site is not allowed.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Though it happens in many places, and is often to be expected, I really dislike it when the "winning factions" start rubbing it in with the "losing factions". I especially hate the "you should have seen this coming" line that is followed by a whole set of "evidence" from earlier events, most of which are being done retroactively. If the story had ended differently, everyone would be referring to those so-called evidence as red herrings and pronouncing all the other plausible clues for the other girl as actual evidence.
Well... on the converse side, because there is evidence there to support multiple paths, I think sometimes people who support one of the "losing factions" sometimes go a bit overboard in pretending that there was absolutely no supporting evidence at all. The truth is always somewhere in the middle. There was some evidence, but it was kept deliberately vague/obscured on purpose to keep the suspense high. So saying it was "obvious" is too much, but saying it "came out of nowhere" is also too much.

But yeah, a lot of this does stem from taking things too seriously, and becoming a bit entrenched in your interpretation of the narrative.
Old 2013-06-08, 12:20   Link #2585
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
No... that's what she did when Kyousuke proposed. The text on the image says, simply, "Yes".
Lol my bad,saw the tears so directly implied it,anyway this is much better hehe
Old 2013-06-08, 12:29   Link #2586
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Though it happens in many places, and is often to be expected, I really dislike it when the "winning factions" start rubbing it in with the "losing factions". I especially hate the "you should have seen this coming" line that is followed by a whole set of "evidence" from earlier events and calling everything else red herrings, when most of this is being done ex-post. If the story had ended differently, everyone would be referring to those so-called evidence as red herrings and pronouncing all the other plausible clues for the other girl as actual evidence.

But I agree that many of us, myself included, do take things too seriously
Considering that the Kirino shippers were pretty much shot down from day 1, I can't say I'm surprised by this development. I'm just in here for the joy ride and this ending from what I know so far feels pretty bittersweet.
Based on the illustrations so far, I really want to see this volume animated.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-06-08 at 12:37. Reason: who knows
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 12:55   Link #2587
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Considering that the Kirino shippers were pretty much shot down from day 1, I can't say I'm surprised by this development. I'm just in here for the joy ride and this ending from what I know so far feels pretty bittersweet.
Based on the illustrations so far, I really want to see this volume animated.
Lol, in my case I'm in a familiar position yet again. I wanted Kuroneko to win and felt that her ending made the most sense, but I sort of had the feeling that the author would go with a Kirino end anyway. Not sure if I should be happy that I ended up guessing correctly or sad that I ended up guessing correctly .

I don't really put too much weight on these evidence in rom coms since quite often it isn't the evidence that justifies the end, but the end that justifies the so-called evidence.

Hope my guess ends up wrong when it comes to BokuTomo

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 13:21   Link #2588
Kakurin
大佐

I skipped forward to the end (?) of chapter 2, part 8

Spoiler for Part 8 Chapter 2:

EDIT: That Chinese guy said Chapter 3 with Kuroneko is perhaps even sadder than the Ayase part. And, for those who have the 2nd PSP game, he said it is interesting to first look at the Kuroneko route of that game, before reading the chapter.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 13:31   Link #2589
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post

Very nice indeed although I wonder what would Kirino do if Ayase confessed before Kuroneko. Again good job mate
Old 2013-06-08, 13:52   Link #2590
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:

EDIT: That Chinese guy said Chapter 3 with Kuroneko is perhaps even sadder than the Ayase part. And, for those who have the 2nd PSP game, he said it is interesting to first look at the Kuroneko route of that game, before reading the chapter.
Well,that was sad.Ayase is my second favourite heroine right after Kirino.Can't wait to see how Kuroneko will react.^^
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 14:00   Link #2591
virox

Quote:

Oh wow, kind of sucks that Kyousuke's first kiss on the lips wasn't actually with Kirino, even though he couldn't really prevent this from happening, and it was only a "surface kiss" or whatever you want to call it, a pecker would be a little bit too inconsiderate to Ayase.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 14:06   Link #2592
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Oh wow, kind of sucks that Kyousuke's first kiss on the lips wasn't actually with Kirino, even though he couldn't really prevent this from happening, and it was only a "surface kiss" or whatever you want to call it, a pecker would be a little bit too inconsiderate to Ayase.
Actually, that needs further clarification. It may simply be saying that what he felt wasn't her foot kicking him, but her lips touching his cheek. It doesn't mean she kissed him on the lips (in fact, I highly doubt she'd do that after just being rejected, since "first kisses" are kind of a big deal, particularly to someone like her).
Old 2013-06-08, 14:16   Link #2593
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Many spoilers state thats a kiss on the cheek and not the lips,highly doubt that its on the lips
Old 2013-06-08, 14:22   Link #2594
Kakurin
大佐

Yep, I suspect cheeks as well, but that Chinese translation wasn't very clear here.
Old 2013-06-08, 14:31   Link #2595
virox

I see, thanks for 'clarification'
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 14:51   Link #2596
finalfury
Incognito

Wow, that was umm, heartwarming in a strange, Ayase-ish way.
One of the reasons why I hate harem and love triangles with a passion.
Old 2013-06-08, 15:58   Link #2597
nfsac

Is there ilustrations of Kirino's kisses?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 16:19   Link #2598
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Is there ilustrations of Kirino's kisses?
If you look a few pages back in this thread, there was a link posted to an AkibaBlog article that had a few small preview images from the novel, and one of those picture was the first kiss. (The second kiss wasn't illustrated.)
Old 2013-06-08, 16:28   Link #2599
nfsac

Found the blog but not the pictures
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 16:33   Link #2600
Kakurin
大佐

Part 5 of Chapter 2:

Spoiler for Part 5 Chapter 2:

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings