AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-07, 11:16   Link #221
Furudanuki

Episode #12 - Wow. Cliffhanger is right! It is going to seem like forever until the next episode comes out.

Spoiler for Episode #12:
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 12:08   Link #222
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

gah.. I'm four episodes behind...... time to focus on the downloads....
Old 2006-02-07, 12:39   Link #223
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I thought episode 12 was pretty decent.
Spoiler:
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 16:40   Link #224
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I think we can talk outside the spoiler tags now, episode 12 has been released by two groups already, and almost 3 days has passed. The spoiler tags are meant to cover unrevealed part of the plot, not the revelead one (as it is now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
But the
scene with Maki on the phone had me laughing with each minute
as she gradually exerted more and more willpower on Karin to
hilarious results..
I really liked that scene too, and it even inspired me three avatars out of it ^^

Maki phase # 1

Maki phase # 2

Maki phase #3

Poor Karin.. ^_^
Actually I wanted to make two gifs out of phase three, but I got sleepy, it's evening here. Plus, I really didn't know how to make it/them 100x100, since Maki covers more than half screen at the beginning, and all of it at the end of the sequence.
Freebies and AS friendly, just in case
Old 2006-02-07, 18:25   Link #225
shikamarufoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
gah.. I'm four episodes behind...... time to focus on the downloads....
Same here gotta start watching so I can discuss and press the spoiler buttons .
shikamarufoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 19:04   Link #226
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I loved the way this ep ended i thought they did a great job i wish Kenta would have been in it more i am enjoying watching how close Karin and him are getting anytime anyone mentions something about them dating or being in love she freaks out. I loved when Maki was coming out of the phone that made me laugh so hard it hurt. The gaint breast thing they had going on i didnt like but over all the episode was very good. I mean you gotta feel sorry for Kenta mom she tries so hard but just messes up. As for Winner i still want him to be hit by a truck he just gets on my nervs to no end, but i understand what his role is in the series and when they explained his past in ep 11 it made sense. I still dont think its going to be KarinXWinner ending for a number of reasons. Karin may be getting use to him and they may be similar but all he has ever done is chase her their personalties are too simliar for it to work Kenta on the other hand balances her crazy personality very well. Plus i could so see Karin brother going all Vlad the impaler on her Winner once he figuers out who he is. But who knows thats just my theory. But i wonder whats going to happen if Karin does end up taking a bite out of Kenta. I get the feeling Anju knows more about Karin and Kenta then shes saying. Plus lets not forget that Maki has a huge crush on him once Karin finds out that will just decrease his chances of getting with Karin
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 20:36   Link #227
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

okay..... caught up now... (to ep 12 at least).
spoilered so I can babble and froth....
Spoiler:

babble off .... now I'm caught up. Other than now needing to go back and watch them again...

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-02-07 at 22:53.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 22:14   Link #228
molitar

yeah the boob grabbing hostess was just doing ANYTHING she could to draw the attention in.. even if it was a sexual harrassment of same gender to accomplish her goals.. Otherwise she would of fired them after the second or third incident. Karin, isn't the brightest tho all she had to do was ask to speak to Usui-kuns mother privately for a moment and it would of been over.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 22:47   Link #229
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well.. I think we've established she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Both Anju and Ren run circles around her, Kenta has to help her with her studies..... Maki is clearly the sharper of the two. But Karin also has a good heart, is extremely loyal, believes in obligation, and wants the people in her life to be happy for reasons more altruistic than just keeping her blood in check.

I'm wondering what that goofy manager at Julian's thought they were doing around the corner in the parking lot..... the dialog sounded more perverted than sexual ought to go back and listen to the japanese more closely. Ah, youth <snerk!>.
Old 2006-02-07, 23:44   Link #230
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I don't think Karin is dumb. At least she can cook! Complete airheads usually can't boil water. lol
Old 2006-02-07, 23:53   Link #231
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I wasn't suggesting she was dumb .. just not a candidate for Mensa. A lot of very nice people can't work out the details of quantum chromodynamics or follow a discussion on steganography. In her case, she has a clear aptitude for cooking and creating her own recipes as well as traits I find very important - like loyalty, obligation, and compassion.
Old 2006-02-08, 04:11   Link #232
trademark
Likes to go to buffets

Episode 12 really leaves the next episode to be looked forward to. I think it's also the point where the story actually starts to move.

I have to agree that the groping scene was NOT needed. I really hate it when the artists increase the breast size of characters to extreme proportions, which they did enlarge them in that restaurant and groping scene. One, it doesn't look good; two, unnecessary; three, takes away from the show (I can't think of that word, but it takes away that...something). In my opinion, they made Karin's chest too big in general.

Anyways, I sort of enjoyed Winner's escapades and run-ins with the local police. It made the episode a lot lighter and enjoyable. The part where Maki is featured with her hair down looked really wierd. She looks a lot better with her hair drawn tied up.

Speaking about Karin biting Kenta. I had thoughts that if it did happen, Kenta would act pretty much the same as usual unlike a total personality change like his mom. This would be because he lives the life that he wants to. In episode 13 i'm predicting that she will bite him. If not though, Anju will stop her or something maybe. I havn't read the manga.
trademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 08:30   Link #233
pokemon123
Puri puri puri puri..BANG

Question about Karin fansubs

I'm sure that most, if not all of you guys reading this would know that there are a few groups subbing Karin.My question is "Which fansub group is the best?In terms of OP sequence n ED sequence and the subbing."

Thanks!
pokemon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 09:48   Link #234
Mina-sama
Vita-chan moe~

Watch over all versions (or just skim through), then go with what you like best. That way you'll enjoy it the most.
Mina-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 10:14   Link #235
lemondude
"super lemon"

well I watched one episode and got bored, but from experience, the one with the most seed is the best.
lemondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 12:55   Link #236
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademark
Episode 12 really leaves the next episode to be looked forward to. I think it's also the point where the story actually starts to move.

I have to agree that the groping scene was NOT needed. I really hate it when the artists increase the breast size of characters to extreme proportions, which they did enlarge them in that restaurant and groping scene. One, it doesn't look good; two, unnecessary; three, takes away from the show (I can't think of that word, but it takes away that...something). In my opinion, they made Karin's chest too big in general.

Anyways, I sort of enjoyed Winner's escapades and run-ins with the local police. It made the episode a lot lighter and enjoyable. The part where Maki is featured with her hair down looked really wierd. She looks a lot better with her hair drawn tied up.

Speaking about Karin biting Kenta. I had thoughts that if it did happen, Kenta would act pretty much the same as usual unlike a total personality change like his mom. This would be because he lives the life that he wants to. In episode 13 i'm predicting that she will bite him. If not though, Anju will stop her or something maybe. I havn't read the manga.
I have been thinking that he probably won't be affected. Then the reason will either be because it is true love, which will drive her father and brother crazy, or perhaps that his father was really a vampire, since we don't know anything about him.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 16:16   Link #237
Willuknight
Animeblogger

Send a message via AIM to Willuknight
AE and AFK are my personal favorites. Don't go with suck, they are speed subbers.
Willuknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 19:40   Link #238
marclemagne
~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
I have been thinking that he probably won't be affected. Then the reason will either be because it is true love, which will drive her father and brother crazy, or perhaps that his father was really a vampire, since we don't know anything about him.
This is an interesting thought because, and please correct me if I'm wrong, there have been some references to his strange eyes and stare but no real explanation. I wonder how that will develop. It certainly makes me want to see the next episode that much more.

"If love can kill then surely hatred can save."
-Altena; Noir
marclemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 20:20   Link #239
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willuknight
AE and AFK are my personal favorites. Don't go with suck, they are speed subbers.
Have you ever watched We Suck's stuff? They are not speed subbers. They are quite well known in fact but all their animes seem to get licensed.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 22:56   Link #240
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
The only reason I prefer other groups over We Suck is because the karaoke is cooler. XD I was disappointed with We Suck's karaoke. Ha, that's a horrible reason.

Tags
comedy, shounen