AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-20, 03:37   Link #21
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
You are aware that Shimizu Ai was first a mainstream seiyuu in the early and mid 2000's before doing eroge roles somewhere in 2009 after she was unable to get many roles after 2007 or 2008?
Most eroge seiyuu's are either newbie seiyuu's without many roles and who haven't had a "break" or "older" seiyuu's who don't get many (if any) roles in animes these days on a regular base.
Where do you get this info, anyway? I wouldn't be able to make sense of it myself since I can't read Japanese, but where is it posted? I doubt the seiyuus themselves would post "I am making a move to 18+ productions for now given the recent dearth of voice roles I can find" on their blogs or the like.

And age doesn't mean too much if you can still make appropriate voices for roles. Miki Itou and Keiko Han are two legendary older female seiyuus, for instance. As another example, it's sometimes joked that Tohru Furuya (the legendary voice behind Amuro Ray in the First Gundam series) still sounds the same as he did in 1979.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 05:29   Link #22
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Where do you get this info, anyway? I wouldn't be able to make sense of it myself since I can't read Japanese, but where is it posted? I doubt the seiyuus themselves would post "I am making a move to 18+ productions for now given the recent dearth of voice roles I can find" on their blogs or the like.
A conclusion that you can probably make if you compare some seiyuu's roles in anime and the time and acitivity when they start taking roles in eroge.
If you are actively following eroge and seiyuu's you can also see that some seiyuu's were taking less eroge roles if they are married or are made an announcement when they were going to (obvious example being that "Mitsu Anzu " barely had any eroge roles after Imouto no Katachi and Naka no Hito nado Inai! after a certain seiyuu announced that she was going to get married last year)
Eventhough there are some exceptions because Hitomi and Ichijou Kazuya are married with eachother and they occasionally appear in eroges and sometimes even in the same game. Even Asakawa Yuu and Morikubo Shoutarou appeared in the same eroge once, when they were still married.

Quote:
And age doesn't mean too much if you can still make appropriate voices for roles. Miki Itou and Keiko Han are two legendary older female seiyuus, for instance. As another example, it's sometimes joked that Tohru Furuya (the legendary voice behind Amuro Ray in the First Gundam series) still sounds the same as he did in 1979.
Age is a factor , because older veteran seiyuu's are more expensive and the industry is constantly looking for "new faces" for female seiyuu's. The majority of seiyuu's that you commonly see/hear in animes these days are under 30.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 06:00   Link #23
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

When I read jousting I thought of something of a different sort...
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 06:09   Link #24
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
When I read jousting I thought of something of a different sort...
Don't expect songs by Queen in it too =p
Old 2013-06-20, 13:05   Link #25
Midonin
Last Engage

Confirmation of cast, staff, etc.

Animation by 8bit, direction by Yuusuke Yamamoto, and the game cast is staying on.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 13:55   Link #26
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Ha. Now this sounds interesting. I'm somehow afraid if this cause 8bit already has IS2 planned for Fall.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2013-06-20 at 14:06.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 14:24   Link #27
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Confirmation of cast, staff, etc.

Animation by 8bit, direction by Yuusuke Yamamoto, and the game cast is staying on.
Sounds great. The anime visuals I have seen are closer to the VN visuals as well the fact that the cast stays the same, so of course I'll add to my watchlist. The feeling I am getting in is pratically "KoiChoco with jousting"!
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 15:53   Link #28
Mazryonh

Quote:
If you are actively following eroge and seiyuu's you can also see that some seiyuu's were taking less eroge roles if they are married or are made an announcement when they were going to (obvious example being that "Mitsu Anzu " barely had any eroge roles after Imouto no Katachi and Naka no Hito nado Inai! after a certain seiyuu announced that she was going to get married last year).
I see, so you're referring to Mai Kadowaki. I would think that her "loli-type" voice would still be in very high demand for 18+ productions, but she's not the only one who can make that voice (others like Mai Gotou, Hiroko Taguchi, or Asami Imai can do so)--she's just one of those who have made it in a mainstream career, like Misato Fukuen (who also has 18+ productions in her CV).

On the other hand, Shizuka Itou got married last year and she's still using her "bedroom voice" for shows like Highschool DxD. It's not an 18+ show, but it does make me wonder if she has actually curtailed her eroge participation after her marriage or not.

Quote:
Age is a factor , because older veteran seiyuu's are more expensive and the industry is constantly looking for "new faces" for female seiyuu's. The majority of seiyuu's that you commonly see/hear in animes these days are under 30.
Sites like Sankaku Complex have reported on veteran seiyuu like Kotono Mitsuishi saying that the anime industry, being hit by the Japanese "never-ending lost decade" as badly as anyone else, has tried to keep salaries down rather than pay more for experienced seiyuus. I suppose this is part of the reason behind the rise of very young seiyuus like Rina Hidaka, Aoi Yuuki, or Kaori Ishihara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Sounds great. The anime visuals I have seen are closer to the VN visuals as well the fact that the cast stays the same, so of course I'll add to my watchlist. The feeling I am getting in is pratically "KoiChoco with jousting"!
KoiChoco was largely focussed on the election (which sadly detracted from the romance in my view).

I'm also driven to wonder whether or not the armour suits for jousting in the game will be made more realistic this time around. The ones in the game feature no pelvic protection (the girls just wear skirts instead and don't close their helmets while jousting). This is unlike real suits of armour.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 15:54   Link #29
HauntingShock

Can't say I expected 8-bit for this one.
Same here, they might not have put as much effort they'd do for IS2. Not to mention they have Tokyo Ravens too which still has no premiere date.
HauntingShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 16:12   Link #30
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I am not going to sidetrack from Walkure Romanze, so i am not going to the subject of seiyuu's now

Quote:
I'm also driven to wonder whether or not the armour suits for jousting in the game will be made more realistic this time around. The ones in the game feature no pelvic protection (the girls just wear skirts instead and don't close their helmets while jousting). This is unlike real suits of armour.
Well, those things make it visually more appealing despite not making sense
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 16:15   Link #31
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Good to see some experienced VAs, to not use the word old^^;;, coming back for this. I really am looking forward to this one.
Old 2013-06-20, 16:16   Link #32
Midonin
Last Engage

Remember what relentlessflame said (spoilered) at the start of the thread. It's not about realism, it's about showmanship. And when one is being showy, things like that have more of an impact. They're all aiming for that sort of impact.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 16:42   Link #33
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Hopefully it won't have that really annoying censorship princess lover had... Strange enough Miyama was hired to do the artbook. I wonder if they'll do the same thing as princess lover. Make a anime series. Make a half completed ova series. They're already making novels.
Old 2013-06-20, 18:10   Link #34
n0m@n
C-Z

Lol. Looks like I will be replaying the game before the anime comes out.

Suellia sure is hawt. I hope they dont go to the Mio's route and do Celia's route instead.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2013-06-22 at 07:19.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 18:41   Link #35
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Lol. Looks like I will be replaying the game before the anime comes out.

Suellia sure is hawt. I hope they dont go to the Mio's route and do Suellia's route instead.
Main girl should get they're route!
Old 2013-06-21, 00:23   Link #36
bumbayker

I do hope this will be a good adaption unlike Princess Lover which fell apart at the the second half of the show. It will be best if it took the same route as Amagami where each girl has her story and ends up with MC. But I doubt it would fit in a 1-cour series.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 00:59   Link #37
Drkz

That will never happen. Only the amagami-like franchise could pull that off. Each route is way too long to start with. And they have to cut a bunch of stuff out in the process.
Old 2013-06-21, 01:10   Link #38
Kirihara_R

Noel-chan for the win ...for her lovely imouto
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 02:31   Link #39
Tenzen12

Not sure if watch so who is likely main heroine and what kind of character she is? I wouldn't be able bear with another pink haired airhead or childhood friend yandere panda.

Thx
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 03:00   Link #40
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
Outside of some H-doujins i read few months ago, i'm completely blind about this VN. Hoping it won't turn out as mindnumbingly boring and dull as Princess Lover is.
Yeah, PLs ending is hanging the story could be easily be divided in three separate settings.... boring....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, jousting, knights, romance