AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 00:26   Link #941
Tenzen12

It never were explained, but general consensus is that they can't be "just friends"

On that note, if it were true, why she would seemingly support Yui in v7?
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 20:26   Link #942
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
I guess now is a good time to ask: How likely is a second anime season? Are the quotes good for the anime? Are the LNs selling like hotcakes?
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 20:38   Link #943
NeutralZero

if there will be a s2 for this one. It'll be a year or two before it happen...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 08:49   Link #944
Shadow5YA

There isn't enough material left to adapt. So far only volume 7 has yet to be covered.

Though personally considering how heavy volume 7's ending is, I'd rather Watari write a more lighthearted intro arc for the second season than start off with that arc.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 08:58   Link #945
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
if there will be a s2 for this one. It'll be a year or two before it happen...
Yeah because it already covers 6 volumes already.
Old 2013-06-23, 09:05   Link #946
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There isn't enough material left to adapt. So far only volume 7 has yet to be covered.

Though personally considering how heavy volume 7's ending is, I'd rather Watari write a more lighthearted intro arc for the second season than start off with that arc.
Wasn't there a drama CD post vol 6? I remember it being kinda romantic (Yui ask the group to "re-do" their music performance since Hikki missed a big chunk of it due to the rooftop deal (so, in a way, this is kinda of a personal show for Hikki); Yui even adds a "take a good look at me" before going signing).

Anyway; Brain Base is know for not doing second seasons, and this show was a pretty big trial that even greatly lacked sponsors..... So I doubt that they'll give this some big name treatment, so that's that.
Old 2013-06-24, 10:16   Link #947
terribad

The volume 7 summaries haven't been updated to my knowledge. But an excerpt from volumes 1 and 7 plus character profiles from volume 1 have been added to page 15.

Last edited by terribad; 2013-06-25 at 02:59.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 10:32   Link #948
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Wasn't there a drama CD post vol 6? I remember it being kinda romantic (Yui ask the group to "re-do" their music performance since Hikki missed a big chunk of it due to the rooftop deal (so, in a way, this is kinda of a personal show for Hikki); Yui even adds a "take a good look at me" before going signing).
Isn't that what's going to be covered for the final episode this week? The title of the episode sounds like it.

Either way, I don't think the drama CD fits as an intro story either, since it clearly is an "epilogue" of sorts for the festival arc and would directly reference events from that arc.

I'm hoping for something more along the lines of the cases in the earlier volumes like Yui's cookie baking or Hayato's request to stop the bad rumors surrounding Yamato, Tobe, and Ooka -- basically something short that can be covered in one episode, but at the same time shows how Hachiman, Yukino, (and Hayato) work.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-06-24 at 11:01.
Old 2013-06-25, 08:24   Link #949
Quol
That Guy

I'm fine with basically anything as long as its not some meaningless fan service episode where Hikki gets knocked out cold for walking in while the girls are naked...
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 09:19   Link #950
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
I'm fine with basically anything as long as its not some meaningless fan service episode where Hikki gets knocked out cold for walking in while the girls are naked...
This is not that type of LN. As you have noticed there is next to nothing for the fan service compared to other LN titles.
Old 2013-06-25, 09:35   Link #951
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
This is not that type of LN. As you have noticed there is next to nothing for the fan service compared to other LN titles.
Technically Hachiman did get knocked out for walking in on Yui and Yukino changing out of their tennis outfits at the end of volume 1/episode 3, but that was when the story was still young and more lighthearted in nature.
Old 2013-06-25, 15:40   Link #952
icebreaker

Quote:
Technically Hachiman did get knocked out for walking in on Yui and Yukino changing out of their tennis outfits at the end of volume 1/episode 3, but that was when the story was still young and more lighthearted in nature.
I believe Volume 1 was actually written as a parody of Haganai. You can try comparing. Yeah.. you get it.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 19:50   Link #953
Shadow5YA

Yeah, I'm aware. Some characters had a subtle change in direction.

Yui for example was noticeably more tsundere in the early volumes and Shizuka was much more violent. Now Yui is more of an awkward genki girl, and it has been ages since Shizuka resorted to physical violence on Hachiman.

Yumiko also became nicer and less arrogant. In the early volumes she was quite a queen bee as she showed open hostility towards Yui when she wasn't being clear she wanted to eat lunch with Yukino for a change, and she acted fairly conceited she had to play against Yui/Yukino and Hachiman for rights to use the tennis court. Now she often shows how supportive she is of friends in her clique and generally holds a more neutral and apathetic stance towards anyone else.

Zaimokuza was also more prevalent early on, and now... he has even less exposure than before
Old 2013-06-25, 20:00   Link #954
sinencos

Quote:
Yeah, I'm aware. Some characters had a subtle change in direction.

Yui for example was noticeably more tsundere in the early volumes and Shizuka was much more violent. Now Yui is more of an awkward genki girl, and it has been ages since Shizuka resorted to physical violence on Hachiman.

Yumiko also became nicer and less arrogant. In the early volumes she was quite a queen bee as she showed open hostility towards Yui when she wasn't being clear she wanted to eat lunch with Yukino for a change, and she acted fairly conceited she had to play against Yui/Yukino and Hachiman for rights to use the tennis court. Now she often shows how supportive she is of friends in her clique and generally holds a more neutral and apathetic stance towards anyone else.

Zaimokuza was also more prevalent early on, and now... he has even less exposure than before
It's called characterization marches on

The last point you mentioned, while true, makes me sad
sinencos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 20:22   Link #955
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinencos View Post
I'm not really a fan of TVTropes, so I'd rather not give it some unofficial name by that site.

It's not like I'm saying they're out of character anyway, just that they naturally evolved from what they were initially designed to be. It's a well written gradual change, but a change nonetheless.
Old 2013-06-25, 22:10   Link #956
sinencos

Quote:
I'm not really a fan of TVTropes, so I'd rather not give it some unofficial name by that site.

It's not like I'm saying they're out of character anyway, just that they naturally evolved from what they were initially designed to be. It's a well written gradual change, but a change nonetheless.
Ehh, just want to share it irregardless...

I never really meant this in a bad way, since as you said it's pretty natural for the character to become the author's intention

Anyway, i am probably going off track here. So I'm going to ask something i wanted to ask for a while.

For so far, how closely does the anime follows the light novel? (i only read the summary, while they are quite detailed) Is there any too important scenarios the anime left out?
sinencos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 00:25   Link #957
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinencos View Post
For so far, how closely does the anime follows the light novel? (i only read the summary, while they are quite detailed) Is there any too important scenarios the anime left out?
Side events are skipped and some monologue are cut off, considering that one of the charms of the novel are the monologues, sometimes it feels kinda vexing when they are skimmed over.

Meanwhile, in the manga .....

Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-26, 02:31   Link #958
kazzuya13

Quote:
I said next to none for fan service compared to other LN that have the same settings. I didn't say there is none.
Old 2013-06-26, 03:07   Link #959
waffler

I keep trying to imagine hachiman confessing to any of the girls and going out with them... seems kinda impossible... lol...
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 09:19   Link #960
Shadow5YA

One noticeable difference is the car accident flashback. In the anime they left her design as is with pink hair when Yui explicitly mentions in the novels (and manga adaptation) that she had not dyed her hair yet at the time and was in pajamas.

Otherwise, the anime was pretty faithful and just cut out the less plot significant side events (e.g. pretty much all of Zaimokuza and Saki past their intro arcs) and shortened Hachiman's many wordy monologues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Side events are skipped and some monologue are cut off, considering that one of the charms of the novel are the monologues, sometimes it feels kinda vexing when they are skimmed over.
Eh... it depends on the monologue. Personally I don't care for several paragraphs on how great Chiba is, and often it feels like Watari is doing some self-inserting for promotion.

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck