Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-16, 07:36   Link #861
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Elena DLC?

I'll need to get this!

Though I will admit. I don't quite get why everyone is so shocked that Street Fighter IV is doing any of this. Is it particularly different than how the older Street Fighter games were released with tons of different versions? At least with modern DLC, people who opted into an earlier version don't have to buy the completely new versions to get them.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 07:39   Link #862
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Though I will admit. I don't quite get why everyone is so shocked that Street Fighter IV is doing any of this. Is it particularly different than how the older Street Fighter games were released with tons of different versions? At least with modern DLC, people who opted into an earlier version don't have to buy the completely new versions to get them.
This.

It's no different from buying SF2: Championship Edition.
Old 2013-07-16, 11:10   Link #863
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/16...-art-mega-man/

link mentions Asura is confirmed to NOT be the 5th character. Chances for Mike Haggar are getting higher... but do we really need him here? We have enough grapplers as it is now. With the addition of Hugo, it'd be too much

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 11:21   Link #864
Kazu
Flowing

I really hope there's a dynamic view mode like the 3ds version, it'd be awesome to see on a bigger screen haha
Old 2013-07-16, 12:48   Link #865
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
2015 ULTRA2SF4 or hopefully a new SFV
Ono says "No budget for SFV"
sauce: http://www.gamespot.com/news/ono-say...hter-v-6411507

looks like we'll be sticking to Ultra Street Fight 4 for awhile.
Old 2013-07-16, 12:48   Link #866
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

@Westlo

OK then, how about this:

$15 value just to update so then that would mean for each of the aspects that would be $5 each.
$5 for the balance updates and game modes
$5 for the characters
$5 for the stages

How about they offer each of those as an option but also have the $15 option available?

That way if you just want the updates and game modes, but you don't want any of the characters and stages you'll still have to pay for them but only have to pay $5 intead of $15. Because that's the only reason I would get this update. The new characters and stages? Couldn't give two shits about them. Other people may feel the same way.

Now what you said was true. $15 is a bargain for all the people that want all that together. But what about the people that just want the balance updates and game modes? They're gonna have to pay $15 for stuff they may not want. It's like when you had to pay full price for a CD when you only wanted to listen to two or three songs on it.

No whining, not shitting on it just to shit on it. Just a compromise.
Old 2013-07-16, 16:21   Link #867
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Eh... I don't really separate characters from balance since the added characters are technically a part of the balance changes as they add new match-ups to learn. And since SF4 is a fighting game, the characters pretty much are the freaking game. Modes and stages are but drops of water compared to the oceans that new characters add to the game.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 17:59   Link #868
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post

Looks like we'll be sticking to Ultra Street Fight 4 for awhile.
Maybe so, but I think the reason why there's isn't any funds or planning being put into SFV is because of the budget and planning going into this update. Big budget going onto a update game with cut and paste material plastered on to it just to make it "new and edgy".
Old 2013-07-16, 21:11   Link #869
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post

looks like we'll be sticking to Ultra Street Fight 4 for awhile.
So they're gonna milk first SFIV to till they make a SFV. Saw that coming a mile ahead.

Also I think Mike Hagar. Capcom loves clone characters and who is the easiest one to clone with an already 3D rendered model in the background in SFxT. It's Hagar. Unless they go for Sodom.
Old 2013-07-16, 21:19   Link #870
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Unless they go for Sodom.
Sodom appeared in a street fighter game before. Street Fighter Alpha 2 was his first street fighter appearance

5th new character is a character that's never been in a street fighter game before. So we're immediately shut down of Karin, Ingrid, Sodom, Maki, Oro... etc

There's a high chance it's Mike Haggar (just to complete the Final Fight characters)
but the fanboy within me wishes it's someone from Rival Schools (Akira plz)

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 22:31   Link #871
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Sodom appeared in a street fighter game before. Street Fighter Alpha 2 was his first street fighter appearance

5th new character is a character that's never been in a street fighter game before. So we're immediately shut down of Karin, Ingrid, Sodom, Maki, Oro... etc

There's a high chance it's Mike Haggar (just to complete the Final Fight characters)
Sodom appeared in Street Fighter Alpha and nearly a third of the Street Fighter 3 characters are weird looking for IV.
Old 2013-07-17, 00:07   Link #872
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Wouldn't be surprised if it was an alt, like Violent Ken.
Or maybe a new character, but the "never been in a SF game before" implies he/she is from somewhere else.
Old 2013-07-18, 05:10   Link #873
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post

I was thinking about the Final Fight background stage on SFxT(damn you Capcom lazy porting characters) since Sodom was there. Easily forgetable that he was in the Alpha series lol.

If Rival Schools, I have to agree with Akira or Batsu. 2 of the most popular characters in Rival Schools.

Wait a minute they ALREADY have 3D renders of Hagar, Batsu and Akira.
Capcom Fighting All Stars. Oh man that game Y U CANCEL CRAPCOM?!

Old 2013-07-18, 07:11   Link #874
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
I was thinking about the Final Fight background stage on SFxT(damn you Capcom lazy porting characters) since Sodom was there. Easily forgetable that he was in the Alpha series lol.

If Rival Schools, I have to agree with Akira or Batsu. 2 of the most popular characters in Rival Schools.

Wait a minute they ALREADY have 3D renders of Hagar, Batsu and Akira.
Capcom Fighting All Stars. Oh man that game Y U CANCEL CRAPCOM?!

Oh damn! Here I was hoping this was confirmation that Batsu was gonna be in, plus Akira & Hagar added as bonuses or DLC
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 12:08   Link #875
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's not Haggar lol, it's hilarious that the same people calling the SFxTk characters a lazy port want MIke Haggar who would be a reskinned Zangief. The character has never been in a fighting game before as a selectable character, also fits with the SF universe.

Anyway the Comic Con trailer came out, boy with all those tournament scenes at the start I wonder who this update is targeting. Shows the 4 new characters after that with a new (I think bgm) playing, also has a new announcers voice for Ultra shown in this trailer.

Man I just feel like Poison and Rolento are going to be a pain in the ass in Ultra, Hugo more than likely trash (too slow) and Elena a wildcard.

Also heavy rumors abound about an option to select both Ultra's but at the cost of reduced damage. I always thought both ultras being in play @ the same time is point blank stupid, like gief with an 0 frame grab ultra + air grab ultra is dumb, as is Cammy and Fei Long with counter ultras to go with their normal ones. But a dmg reduction might make it interesting enough.

Also gief buffs for anyone who plays him, ex green hand knocks down again, normal green hand is much quicker.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 14:09   Link #876
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Double Ultras sound interesting! But in order to balance things and make it a worthy option, both Ultras should have individual gauges.
Old 2013-07-23, 15:06   Link #877
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
That sounds cool, but why not just give everyone a third Ultra just to give an additional option in terms of choices and a chance for a character to suit the situation in a match.

Using two Ultras during a match sounds pretty lazy because to give a chance to turn the tides of a fight more easily doesn't sound all that fun. Damage reduction if the option is granted sounds fair, but it doesn't feel right up my alley.

Plus, we've been using the same two Ultra's since Super so a third one will probably give the game more spice and characters more options in terms of set ups and ease of use because some Ultra's are either not used or are useless than others. For example... Balrog's Utlra 2 - Dirty Bull, who uses it in a competitive setting or for anything in general? Well... Point proven.

I don't really expect much from this update since it's pretty much cut and paste anyway. More options to give to the characters who need an additional benefit minus nerfs and buffs are needed, but looks pretty doubtful to hope at this point.
Old 2013-07-23, 18:40   Link #878
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Two Ultra's, damage reduction? Yep another broken game that needs to be patched.
Old 2013-07-23, 18:46   Link #879
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Two Ultra's, damage reduction? Yep another broken game that needs to be patched.
Dude, it's Capcom. What do you expect? They're just not as good as they were over a decade ago.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 20:10   Link #880
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Few Capcom games were truly balanced...
I think they should go full retard and let us have Hyper SF4. Like its predecessor, you can choose Vanila versions of the most broken warriors!

Tags
capcom, fighting, ps3, recycling, windows, xbox360