AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-20, 17:56   Link #261
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay - after watching ep 2 I am kinda surprised. This looks to be turning into a zombie killer series (never liked that kinda thing), but to my surprise I am finding this story to have a little more than that simple recipe. I must admit to being intrigued, and am curious to see what they are going to do with the next ep.
Old 2013-07-20, 18:14   Link #262
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
No I have not read the source. As I said I made an educated guess based on what we've seen and what was said so far.
Yea... except you didn't say so in the very beginning and then pull the convenient "agnostic" card after as a convenient counter when someone argued otherwise earlier.

Back then there was such huge debate regarding what Otonashi did in Angel Beats, and now some people found Humpnie's action acceptable so easily already (without further details to be revealed) and I was one of Otonashi supporter back then

This guy should play the final boss in AB instead (who happened to have zero supporter last I checked, different perceptive of viewing can make such HUGE difference eh?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
I find it difficult to call someone a mass murderer who is only stalling zombies for the Gravekeeper to "put to rest". They're pretty much dead before he gets to them. Intelligent zombies are still zombies.
WoW disagrees. (pk undead is as much pk as other races)

kore wa zombie desu ka ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow5ya
In any case, there are plenty of reasons to dislike and be uncomfortable living with zombies. To say there is nothing wrong with them is simply incorrect.
It's pretty uncomfortable living with criminals too.... the nerve of them applying for jobs among law abiding citizens...

(btw, ^this is not a counter argument just as the statement quoted is not strictly relevant to the original debate at hand)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen
Because if it is twisted and incomlete, what HH done was just helping return them inot correct and complete state of death. Anyone should be able realise that "Twisted/incomplete" is wrong state of thing
And the whole "the end justifies the means" thing is also debatable. In a certain game/anime protagonists and antagonists have the same goal because the current world is in the wrong state, but they fight each others because they disagree on the methods and the antagonist method is the faster way to correct the world.

And, plenty of people prefer a more freed society than legislating morality and enforcing them all by force.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2013-07-20 at 20:47.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 20:49   Link #263
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Yea... except you didn't say so in the very beginning and then pull the convenient "agnostic" card after as a convenient counter when someone argued otherwise earlier.
Yes actually I did say it let me quote myself from earlier in the thread.

Quote:
I am just saying there was probably more to this then what we were shown. And if I was going to make an educated guess I doubt what Hampnie did would be considered murder.
I would also like to know what the convenient agnostic card is. I don't even know how to argue against that since I have no clue what you are referring to.

All I said was it was pretty clear to me Hampnie is not supposed to be a villain. And it is still 100% clear to me. But if it makes some of you feel better to think that Hampnie is committing some evil act of genocide then go right ahead. Only the later episodes will reveal who is right. I am just absolutely confident that I am in this case.

I don't need to defend the character's actions because I am certain later episodes will do it for me.

edit: Also to be clear I am not trying to argue over the "morality" of Hampnie's actions. I cannot do that until I know more about what is going on. I am only making a statement on where I think the story is going with his character.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2013-07-20 at 21:04.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 20:49   Link #264
Shadow5YA

Quote:
(btw, ^this is not a counter argument just as the statement quoted is not strictly relevant to the original debate at hand)
The statement I made was relevant, because the argument was that Humpnie Humbert killed villagers who were completely innocent. People compared zombies to living with a disease!

The fact that they are slowly rotting zombies, even if they are intelligent zombies, should set off some alarms.

There is also the issue of the mystery behind Alfa's death. If villagers are allowed to live as undead, then why wasn't Alfa allowed to do the same? Until we are given more information, then it's very possible she was killed by the villagers.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 21:19   Link #265
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Yes actually I did say it let me quote myself from earlier in the thread.

I would also like to know what the convenient agnostic card is. I don't even know how to argue against that since I have no clue what you are referring to.
That was from page 12. You have made statement about him before that.

The agnostic card is "I don't think you should make assumptions like this before actually knowing what is going on." from you on page 12.

When what you said on page 11 also relied on assumption.

Quote:
All I said was it was pretty clear to me Hampnie is not supposed to be a villain. And it is still 100% clear to me. But if it makes some of you feel better to think that Hampnie is committing some evil act of genocide then go right ahead. Only the later episodes will reveal who is right. I am just absolutely confident that I am in this case.

I don't need to defend the character's actions because I am certain later episodes will do it for me.
lol chill bro. If it makes you feel better, I too agree further details to be revealed will at least partially justify his action from my years of experience watching anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow5ya
There is also the issue of the mystery behind Alfa's death. If villagers are allowed to live as undead, then why wasn't Alfa allowed to do the same? Until we are given more information, then it's very possible she was killed by the villagers.
I too suspect this. I am only unsure whether it's all or just a few villagers who were truly responsible for this.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2013-07-20 at 21:42.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 21:54   Link #266
Kirarakim

Quote:
lol chill bro. If it makes you feel better, I too agree further details to be revealed will at least partially justify his action from my years of experience watching anime
Chill about what? I am not angry and I don't care if you agree with me or not. I just think arguing over the morality of what the characters are doing when we don't know the reasons yet is silly. And that is not what I was doing.

I was only talking about where I think the show is going with the character (not a mass murdering villain). And yes I admit my statement about this was arrogant, it was on purpose.

However, I don't know whether I agree with the character or even like him yet with so little information to go on (well except for his voice).
Old 2013-07-21, 00:32   Link #267
Eratas123

*SPOILERS*

...Alright, that was surprising. Considering Humpnie's top billing, appearance on the cover, and the fact that he's pretty much set up as a deuteroganist next to Ai, I find the show killing him off at the third episode to be both sad and yet intriguing. This forces Ai to grow more since, as the OP shows, there are large cities and the way Scar recalls how people called her makes me think that the masses aren't as kind to gravekeepers due to their wish for their loved ones to stay.
Old 2013-07-21, 00:52   Link #268
mistress_kisara

Episode 3
Spoiler:
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 01:17   Link #269
Excorsism

Really loving the ED, it really brings back nostalgic memories (D. Gray-Man and stuff).

Just when I thought Accelerator was going to travel with his loli for the rest of the series... damn the world!

Rest in peace Hambur--Kizuna.
Old 2013-07-21, 01:40   Link #270
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
*SPOILERS*

...Alright, that was surprising. Considering Humpnie's top billing, appearance on the cover, and the fact that he's pretty much set up as a deuteroganist next to Ai, I find the show killing him off at the third episode to be both sad and yet intriguing. This forces Ai to grow more since, as the OP shows, there are large cities and the way Scar recalls how people called her makes me think that the masses aren't as kind to gravekeepers due to their wish for their loved ones to stay.
How can we be so sure already that his death was permanent? He got so much face time in the OP that I wouldn't believe he's really dead unless someone who has read the light novels can confirm it via PM (to avoid spoiling it for others who are crybabies when it comes to spoilers). They're on like the 8th volume of the light novel, so yeah..I hope they haven't killed him off for good.

Last edited by ApathyEcstasy; 2013-07-21 at 01:58.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 02:46   Link #271
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Huh...There seem to be this very big gap of information missing in this episode Does Madhouse really think so highly of us?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 03:03   Link #272
charizardpal
灼眼の

Cool, EDGY character instantly killed off. Worried no one will effectively take his manly place.
Why wasnt my dad an awesome albino zombie fighter?

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
charizardpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 03:06   Link #273
sarofski

Wasn't he immortal?!!!! How come he died?!!
sarofski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 03:14   Link #274
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarofski View Post
Wasn't he immortal?!!!! How come he died?!!
In these kinds of cases it's usually "Ahh he can rest in peace now..."

Either that or God was being a royal dick at that exact moment.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 03:22   Link #275
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

I'm thinking the latter, based on the premise of the series.
Damn, and the man finally had a redeeming quality revealed
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 03:36   Link #276
sarofski

Quote:

That was a good one
sarofski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 03:53   Link #277
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Maybe Hampnie was right, and we should rename the show Kami sama no baka nichiyoubi?
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 03:56   Link #278
Eratas123

Humpnie did say he wanted to die happy, and until he saw Hana/Alfa again or found out that Ai was truly his daughter he never really felt happy - I'm guessing he could have let his immortality go at any time, but his anger/sadness kept it from going.
Old 2013-07-21, 05:40   Link #279
Traece
:cool:

And not a single sense was made that day. Not a single one.

So now begins season two of Kamisama no Inai! The first season was three episodes long. Will the second season be any good or will it flop? Only time will tell!

There's really not much to say here. Episode 4 is going to be a pilot for what I assume will be the actual plot of Kamisama no Inai. I can't think of the last time I saw an anime that managed to restart itself in a mere three episodes. I'm quite shocked, really, that they managed to go back to square one in such a short amount of time. They literally built up a plot that would easily last 13 episodes, and then ended it in three with no strings attached. Oh, except for one: How the hell was Ai born and why the hell is she a gravekeeper?! Also, apparently a lot of time was wasted on theories about the village because instead they just threw all the answers at the audience. Everybody gets answers! No secrets here! Yes, it's exactly that simple! YOU PUT TOO MUCH TIME INTO PREDICTING OUR PLOT DIDN'T YOU?!

Honestly, I'm having a hard time coming up with a concrete opinion. Suffice to say, I'm horribly disappointed at how they wasted Humpnie's character. Apparently Ai is a badass now too, I guess because she's a gravekeeper or something? It's hard to say, because they spent most of their time setting us up for long-term Humpnie and then killed him off just because.

Scar is more than swoonable though. She seemed like she wouldn't be a very interesting character, but they gave her a surprisingly large amount of character in such a short amount of time. An especially grand feat considering she's supposed to be a grave digging robot. At the very least, if this series doesn't pan out after this next pilot we'll have Scar to look forwar- well... Hopefully they wont kill her off too.

Edit: You know what? I'm giving up on any speculation about this show for the time being. It'll just get thrown to the wind by the writer(s) anyhow.

Oh, and one more thing: The ending song was really great here. It's actually a really nice piece for this show. In fact, I have to give some really big appreciation here. Engrish aside, this song is pretty fantastic. It goes so well with the ending of this episode, to the point where I suspect that it was targeted at this scene specifically. I really need to stop myself from listening to it...

Last edited by Traece; 2013-07-21 at 07:22. Reason: So... I guess I will be lover?
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 06:12   Link #280
backbone
Banned

Just got around to watch this and OMG that was one hell of a rushed, nonsensical, forced drama episode i've seen in this season (After Rozen Maiden ep 1). This is basically more than half part in the LN vol 1, which means they crammed too much material into it, resulting in horribly paced episode. Initially i thought this arc would end in eps 4 considering its length and the sheer amount of disclosable informations, but it seems the studio didn't want to take their sweet time fleshing things out and just went rambo.

Spoiler for comparison with LN:

EDIT : For those Ai X Hampnie shippers, i feel bad for you all. He's really dead for good and won't appear anymore. After all, this whole series is pretty similar with that of Kino no Tabi; a sole girl travelling around the world in search of people who are in need of her. In the first place, this whole story revolves around Ai's alone, with Hampnie's existence being the main driving force and motivation for her, so he's not a useless character by any means (blame the adaptation for that).

Last edited by backbone; 2013-07-21 at 06:27.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy