AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is she ? (the women from the first image)
Rena 0 0%
The BlackOtome from the first op 0 0%
Both (option 2 and 3) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-10, 18:47   Link #801
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
I tried my hand at the ep19 summary. Feel free to correct me if I messed up somewhere.

Spoiler for ep19 summary:
Aachaaa~ looks like she did forget things...

Quote:
and here's the one for ep20. That one is...interesting.
Spoiler for ep20 summary:
... oh my...

STILL NO MAI!?!? C'MON!!!
Old 2006-02-10, 19:11   Link #802
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Ok could those summaries be any more vague??
Old 2006-02-10, 19:39   Link #803
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
Spoiler for ep20 summary:
Yeah 20 doesn't really make sense, unless... well they could be hinting at several things,
1. Just a materialization sequence. (60% chance)
2. Mashiro turns into a boy. (10% chance)
3. We get some Arika/Mashiro yuri. (1% chance)
4. Mashiro turns into a Otome. (0.001% chance)
Old 2006-02-10, 20:24   Link #804
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
That was what was actually going through my head the most, when I read that.
Old 2006-02-10, 20:33   Link #805
RenaSearrs

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-10, 20:40   Link #806
Iron Maw
Banned

Spoiler:

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2006-02-10 at 21:47.
Old 2006-02-10, 21:04   Link #807
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
I'm hoping that's what it means. Well at least until reality sets in and the episode proves me wrong of course.
Old 2006-02-10, 21:36   Link #808
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Yeah 20 doesn't really make sense, unless... well they could be hinting at several things,
1. Just a materialization sequence. (60% chance)
Thinking about it a bit, if it's just materialization It shouldn't really be that big of deal that Arika is making out of it in the Summary. She's had no problem doing that with Mashiro before.
Old 2006-02-10, 22:59   Link #809
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw
Thinking about it a bit, if it's just materialization It shouldn't really be that big of deal that Arika is making out of it in the Summary. She's had no problem doing that with Mashiro before.
What if Arika has lost her memory? What if she doesn't even remember being an otome? Just random speculation.
Old 2006-02-11, 01:46   Link #810
Iron Maw
Banned

That's certainly possible, but Ep 19's Summary sounded more like she does remember, however she rather forget. The stuff that happened at Windbloom and Graderobe probably took their toll on her.
Old 2006-02-11, 14:09   Link #811
guess

I wonder why someone like Nao who is always saying stuff like she does not want to guard a country for the rest of her life accept the Pillar position. One might argue that she had no choice but to accept it. The way I see it is she has plenty of chance to run away from it or just refues. Being a Pillar is not her desire and she does not have to do it. Then why?

This situation has a lot of similarity as in Natsuki's way of "handling" Shizuru. If she does not have any sort of romantic feelings for her, she could just refuse it entirely. But she does not--remember the pool scene? I think if someone has been hitting on you in an aggressive way like what Shizuru did in that pool scence, would anyone in their right mind refuse strongly or run away at once? Do these puzzle you guys as much as it does to me?
Old 2006-02-11, 15:05   Link #812
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Natsuki's way of "handling" Shizuru. If she does not have any sort of romantic feelings for her, she could just refuse it entirely. But she does not--remember the pool scene? I think if someone has been hitting on you in an aggressive way like what Shizuru did in that pool scene; would anyone in their right mind refuse strongly or run away at once? Do these puzzle you guys as much as it does to me?
This is why most of us think they are romantic in Mai Otome.
To put it bluntly, if my best (male) friend was rubbing suntan oil on my chest (I can't imagine any guy getting that far to begin with, but anyway), and he started moving his hand down south and copped a feel, the last thing I would ever do is moan, blush and call his name. But that’s all a fairly powerful otome who happens to be Shizuru's superior does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
wonder why someone like Nao who is always saying stuff like she does not want to guard a country for the rest of her life accept the Pillar position. One might argue that she had no choice but to accept it. The way I see it is she has plenty of chance to run away from it or just refuse. Being a Pillar is not her desire and she does not have to do it. Then why?
She could refuse it but I get the feeling she won't. She seems much happier and more at peace with herself in this series. Instead of seeking vengeance in dark back alleys, she now seems to be dispensing justice on the streets of Windbloom. She's just not the same grief stricken person she was in Mai HiME. Here she's a leader (of her gang, and some of the corals), and though she complains, she seems to end up doing the right thing time after time.
Old 2006-02-11, 15:16   Link #813
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

The blonde haired orphan (i cannot for the life of me tell if that kid is a girl or a boy =[ )

this is the kid that stole Nina's pocket watch and is releated to the old maid of the castle (now deceased) that told Wang the one with the blue gem is the true queen,
if its a she then i think that she might be the real princess, but i think the kid will play an important part. (not shure if this should be in spoliers tag)
Old 2006-02-11, 15:57   Link #814
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
The blonde haired orphan (i cannot for the life of me tell if that kid is a girl or a boy =[ )

this is the kid that stole Nina's pocket watch and is releated to the old maid of the castle (now deceased) that told Wang the one with the blue gem is the true queen,
if its a she then i think that she might be the real princess, but i think the kid will play an important part. (not shure if this should be in spoliers tag)
The blonde orphan's name is Mimi.
Old 2006-02-11, 21:31   Link #815
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^

I think that Mimi is a few years to young to be the princess. At least she looks a bit under 15 years old to me. But, from all her appearances, it does look like she will play an important role.
Old 2006-02-13, 04:49   Link #816
stillmissing

Old 2006-02-13, 08:47   Link #817
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing
For ep 20 ("Don't call me Ni-na").

Interesting. Arika, Mashiro and Midori are the only characters mentioned in the summary, and it seems Midori has some shocking background info for Arika about the Otome system (forcing Arika to go through yet another "do I really want to be an Otome" angst cycle).

The pics show a GEM made by Schwartz, wide view of the Asward valley, and Fumi's container being "sealed".
Old 2006-02-13, 17:44   Link #818
landau

According to the official website:
Spoiler for Episode 19:

Spoiler for Episode 20:
Old 2006-02-13, 18:15   Link #819
MattAlchemy

Send a message via AIM to MattAlchemy Send a message via MSN to MattAlchemy
Quote:
Originally Posted by landau
According to the official website:
Spoiler for Episode 19:

Spoiler for Episode 20:
Just as I guessed, they will be back together and defeat what gets in their way!
Old 2006-02-13, 19:14   Link #820
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
For ep 20 ("Don't call me Ni-na").

Don't call me Ni-Na

Call me Rena

Someone on this board posted that awhile ago, man what a coincidence. Hope it doesn't actually turn out like that
Closed Thread