AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 14-16 Rating
Perfect 10 25 19.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 13.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 10 7.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 33 25.58%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-22, 11:38   Link #381
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
Then he is probably a fake and your sister wants your attention
Yeah, that's what OreImo is trying to tell us right?
If your little sister got herself a boyfriend then that definitively means she is searching for your attention and she doesn't want to share you with anyone....
Don't tease me, dude.

Anyway enough of this. It has nothing to do with OreImo.
Old 2013-08-22, 11:50   Link #382
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
And this also explained why some people even find this ending 'forced'. Even so, I'm not convinced to the fact that author is a one twisted fellow.
He can't make it clear, in fact he couldn't write what he really wanted. That's why it was twisted all over the LN, really. You can't really get what he(Kyousuke) really is feeling/thinking until maybe the final 2-3 Volumes. All makes sense to me. People who say it was forced probably did not like the ending because of their ''girl''didn't ''win''.
Old 2013-08-22, 13:33   Link #383
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
Brother: Hey sis, you are really cute^^
Sister: O...K...
I have a little sister and believe me when I say this, little sisters are annoying.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-08-22 at 18:21.
Old 2013-08-22, 17:08   Link #384
Seitsuki
Onee!

Imoutos are annoying. Onee-sans are goddesses on Earth! Make sure you distinguish the two!

/Yes has both
Old 2013-08-22, 18:20   Link #385
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Imoutos are annoying. Onee-sans are goddesses on Earth! Make sure you distinguish the two!

/Yes has both
I also have a younger sister and a older sister.

And I completely disagree with you because they are the same.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-08-22 at 19:11.
Old 2013-08-22, 18:55   Link #386
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod View Post
Intriguingly, one of the Omake for the last BD/DVD volume has an interesting title...Counter-Attack of Akimi? - Japanese New Year Tale, Valentine's Tale?!!

I can imagine Sakurai Akimi as the Bonus BOSS trying to intrude into Kyousuke & Kirino during their coupling period before Graduation (Wedding)
Sorry but where did you read that ? Because I really wanted to see sakurai...
Old 2013-08-22, 20:40   Link #387
jrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Sorry but where did you read that ? Because I really wanted to see sakurai...
Sorry, should have placed it under the blu-ray thread, but here it goes"

http://www.oreimo-anime.com/pkg/08.html
Old 2013-08-22, 22:56   Link #388
aznkim1127

The scenes with Kyousuke spending time with Kuroneko were so cute!!!
But my happiness was short lived after the heart wrenching moment of Ruri tearing the Destiny Record and bursting into tears.....

BTW does anyone know the name of the ending in episode 14???
The one where it is sung by the voice actor of Kuroneko(Kana Hanazawa)???
Old 2013-08-22, 23:07   Link #389
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkim1127 View Post
BTW does anyone know the name of the ending in episode 14???
The one where it is sung by the voice actor of Kuroneko(Kana Hanazawa)???
It's called "The last ceremony", and the full song will be included with the 7th Blu-Ray volume shipping in Japan in late-December.
Old 2013-08-23, 00:32   Link #390
Tennedealer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkim1127 View Post
The scenes with Kyousuke spending time with Kuroneko were so cute!!!
But my happiness was short lived after the heart wrenching moment of Ruri tearing the Destiny Record and bursting into tears.....
Escape to the reality of the PSP game and you shall find hapiness
Old 2013-08-23, 03:54   Link #391
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
I only watched the anime but feel the end was "o.k." because of the full spectrum of emotion(s) delievered by all of the girls professing their love of Kyousuke. I didn't like their rejection by him, but his devotion to Kirino in both seasons made this all but inevitable.

The premise I was under after the half of the first season was done, was "if your kind to your sister or others we've ignored for so long, connections to people (like Kuroneko, Ayasa, etc) become more numerous and deep. Of course by episode 10 of this season, seeing the jelousies and Kirino's need to be around Kyousuke more and more, the ending (bittersweet for the othergirls) was a done deal by episode 15.2nd

This ending isn't so suprizing in light of the last episode of Photokano or the 2nd part of the manga whose 1st part was animated; I dont want to ruin it so spoiler tag:
Spoiler for Great Josie anime, but probably never see the final part of the manga animated:

VC

Last edited by VC Matsumoto; 2013-08-23 at 03:58. Reason: bad tag
Old 2013-08-23, 03:59   Link #392
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC Matsumoto View Post
I only watched the anime but feel the end was "o.k." because of the full spectrum of emotion(s) delievered by all of the girls professing their love of Kyousuke. I didn't like their rejection by him, but his devotion to Kirino in both seasons made this all but inevitable.

The premise I was under after the 1/2 of the first season was done, was "if your kind to your sister or others we've ignored for so long, connections to people (like Kuroneko, Ayasa, etc) become more numerous and deep. Of course by episode 10, seeing the jelousies and Kirino's need to be around Kyousuke more and more, the ending (bittersweet for the othergirls) was a done deal by episode 15.

This ending isn't so suprizing in light of the last episode of Photokano or the 2nd part of the manga whose 1st part was animated; I dont want to ruin it so spoiler tag:
Spoiler for Great anime, but we'll probably never see the final part of the manga animated:

VC
Wasn't Photokano's imouto one of those "we're not blood-related" types? Also, what does that-which-must-not-be-named have to do with the issue? At least the anime didn't really show anything of the sort. Sure one particular relationship was outside the norm, but that was that, and everything else didn't really have anything to do with it. Unless the rest of the manga is different.
Old 2013-08-23, 13:37   Link #393
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

npal,

RE:" Unless the rest of the manga is different."

Yea it was...same charactures, but with a 10-year time skip
and alot of teenage agnst with a kinda bizzare ending;
Makes Imoto seem tame.....lol.

VC
Old 2013-08-23, 14:16   Link #394
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
npal,

RE:" Unless the rest of the manga is different."

Yea it was...same charactures, but with a 10-year time skip
and alot of teenage agnst with a kinda bizzare ending;
Makes Imoto seem tame.....lol.

VC
10 year skip... Sounds like things got yummy xP
Old 2013-08-23, 22:17   Link #395
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod View Post
Sorry, should have placed it under the blu-ray thread, but here it goes"

http://www.oreimo-anime.com/pkg/08.html
Thanks man
Old 2013-08-23, 22:54   Link #396
aznkim1127

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's called "The last ceremony", and the full song will be included with the 7th Blu-Ray volume shipping in Japan in late-December.
Oh kk thanks for the info! ^^
Old 2013-08-24, 02:15   Link #397
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
I'm still heartbroken that Kuroneko didn't become the end girl, but oh well, PSP game route and fanfiction here I come!
she had him wrapped around her finger shes the one who forced him away.

Still though the ending is kinda crap, either go all the way or dont start it at all. None of this lets get married and kiss then break it off straight away and go back to being siblings. its like the author didnt know if he should get them together or not, so just went halfway instead
Old 2013-08-24, 03:43   Link #398
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
she had him wrapped around her finger shes the one who forced him away.

Still though the ending is kinda crap, either go all the way or dont start it at all. None of this lets get married and kiss then break it off straight away and go back to being siblings. its like the author didnt know if he should get them together or not, so just went halfway instead
This was already stated numerous times in this thread. The author couldn't go for a full-on incest ending, even though he wants to, due to publisher regulations. But he did leave lots of clues out there, that they are not really going back to being "normal" (whatever this may be for them, as they never were normal siblings to begin with), despite what they are saying. Admittedly, the anime staff botched it up somewhat (or put in another way, enforced their own view). In the novel the last kiss scene is tied to a previous action of Kirino. Kirino asks Kyousuke to buy her a Meruru ring. When Kyousuke exhibits some kind of reservation to that, she says it's okay because they are siblings. Kyousuke then picks up her lead, by surprising her with a kiss. In an interview, the author states he wanted the kiss to be on the lips. So honestly, going by the author's original version, there is not much of the "half-way" you are claiming.
Old 2013-08-25, 04:08   Link #399
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Quote:
So honestly, going by the author's original version, there is not much of the "half-way" you are claiming.
I agree, but mostly by the comments made here on the manga and the author's intensions in interviews with him; I really understand these series more by the useful inferences here!

I guess alot of people felt "short-changed" becz they saw this as a "bad-end" sort of route. I guess that can be argued by:

1.) Seeing all the likable girls like Kureneko, Manami, and perhaps Alyse, out of the Kyousuke's life by his refusal of them; that Kureneko whowl still chills my bones!
2.) People's loathing of Kirino and her childish selfish side; why does she have to win?
3.) Kyousuke being too "in-awe" of her sister and ignoring all the other ladies willing to commit to having a "normal" bfriend-gfriend non-genetically-related
relationship.

I think even if Kirino was-not related to Kyousuke, she would be the last girl most folks here would pick over the others like Kureneko or Alyse.

But, like that great philosopher said, love is blind (insane?) and Kyousuke was true to the one he admired the most, NOT kureneko, NOT Alyse, NOT Manami....
but Kirino.

VC
Old 2013-08-25, 05:53   Link #400
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
I agree, but mostly by the comments made here on the manga and the author's intensions in interviews with him; I really understand these series more by the useful inferences here!
Yeah, in the anime there is always the problem of cutting content due to time constraints, inserting scenes for the marketability and the anime staff making their own adjustments. As for this series specifically, even in the novel the author was confronted with publisher regulations, so in order to fully comprehend all the connections one has to pay attention to the little details and hints the author put in. The interviews of course also helps in clearing up his intentions. But all in all I think the author has done a good job delivering these hints, if one bears the restrictions he was under in mind.