AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-23, 09:47   Link #241
Solitaired

Can anyone really tell it's suicide from this episode alone? Going to be fun watching everyone confessing to the crime once again
Old 2013-08-23, 09:52   Link #242
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This conclusion is quite easy to tell for 5 points:
-Sakura's personality
-Unlikely that anyone could kill her with brute force alone, unless they use a really lethal weapon (firearms, explosive, heavy bladed weapons). And that's assuming they catch her offguard.
-the presence of poison (correlated with blood seen dripping from her mouth)
-Sakura's expression
-The SFX/BGM used for her corpse discovery scene which is different (changed for the anime to be the same as the murdered victims... urgh)

To be honest, I suspected she commited suicide the very moment I saw her corpse CG.
Old 2013-08-23, 10:15   Link #243
hamazura
whatever

from sakura personality and other survivor personality (they are too nice to kill...)
1 second after monokuma vs sakura, i've already guessed that sakura will die and it will be suicide, and its fricking true

i doubt it for a second when stupid asahina did trolling at togami-wannabe level
Old 2013-08-23, 10:19   Link #244
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Err... the case actually proved that Yasuhiro and Touko/Sho wouldn't have qualms to kill Sakura assuming the opportunity is there.
And I really doubt Byakuya would hesitate if he was sure he could do without any risk.
Old 2013-08-23, 10:29   Link #245
Solitaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
from sakura personality and other survivor personality (they are too nice to kill...)
1 second after monokuma vs sakura, i've already guessed that sakura will die and it will be suicide, and its fricking true

i doubt it for a second when stupid asahina did trolling at togami-wannabe level
Exactly. I started getting suspicious way back when they showed the scene of Aoi crying in her bed. Come on, she is definitely going to be involved in something big like being a culprit or victim later on with how every chapter the parties involved became more active then usual. But no, all she did was to discover Alter Ego. So I threw away my conclusions of Sakura committing suicide when she "confessed". But no again.

Stupid girl, she should have died with the stupid shaman. If they weren't going to contribute to the plot, shut up during the trials.
Old 2013-08-23, 10:56   Link #246
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I think that Aoi is an important character because she is actually the most "normal" character in the bunch, and she is the most emotional to boot, which actually give room for empathy for the player, as even Makoto can't really continue to claim "things will go alright" due to his position.

If it wasn't for Aoi's presence, the game would be awkward in term of "no one care about others" save few people like Makoto, Kyouko (in a very subtle way), Sakura and Kyotaka. And these aren't that proactive in term of emotional attachment towards everyone else.

I really think the only useless characters in the bunch are Yasuhiro and Touko (not factoring Genocider Sho). The former is downright stupid to scary degree, while Touko contributes absolutely nothing to the plot or characters at all.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-08-23 at 11:17.
Old 2013-08-23, 11:16   Link #247
hamazura
whatever

i like 'useless' chara like hagakure, unlike asahina who is stupid and always jump to conclusion like "we already know th culprit blahblahblah" etc etc like a stupid donkey
good thing they remake asahina into better girl in sdr2 as akane

should kill fukawa, unnecessary survivor, doesnt do anything except in chapter 2.
they could at least make asahina really kill sakura and something happen with hagakure and fukawa to lessen the number of survivor. 6 are too many, kirigiri-togami-naeg are enough as important charas
Spoiler for sdr2:
Old 2013-08-23, 11:18   Link #248
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

...I think it is actually fair for a character to jump in conclusion due to the stress etc. In fact, even Touko and others characters like Mondo were quick to judge characters being framed.
I'm rather less impressed by character who claims the murder weapon is a steel pipe, despite there is an obvious dumbbel around, but also claim there is a damn ghost, despite the said person is in flesh not 10 meters away from him.

That's beyond uselessness, that's downright stupidity.
Old 2013-08-23, 11:27   Link #249
Quol
That Guy

I think the reason that some "useless" characters were allowed to survive it because it would give the game some uncertainty, i mean if only the most important and usefull ones survived it would be kind of easy to guess who would die
Then again there is also the fact that hagakure was the comic relief in the story and asahina was the emotional connection

With the case of sakura dying i didnt really feel anything for the character as much as the idea of people isolating and causing so much group conflict that sakura had to kill herself, but after i saw the pictures later in the game with only 1 person excluded; sakura became a favorite
Old 2013-08-23, 13:27   Link #250
Marina2

Look like I'm one of a few people here who like Aoi even more after her action in chapter 4.

In chapter 4, her action, and her thought really show how serious she value her friend. Combine that with the fact that she's just get tricked by Monokuma's fake note and she doesn't really kill anyone in the end. I can forgive her for that.

Moreover, her motivation to try to kill everyone as the revenge for Sakura is probably one of the strongest motivation in the first game.

Also, I think Aoi plan is not bad. After all, it's good enough to fool Togami, the trolling master. Aoi also plan it in a short time.

I glad that she's one of survivors.
Old 2013-08-23, 13:49   Link #251
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The only thing I'm blaming Aoi for was that she was willing to sacrifice Makoto and Kyouko for this process. I was quite surprised she didn't talk to either of them after she confessed her plan, so while I understand her anger for the other 3, even to the point she is fine to discard her own life to get back at them, I almost found OOC that she didn't even bat an eye when it comes to Makoto and Kyouko.
Old 2013-08-23, 14:32   Link #252
Quol
That Guy

I think the reason she didnt tell kirigiri or makoto about the plan was because she wanted them to die too, with sakura's death she blamed everyone including herself for everything

-Herself and Makoto for not stopping what could have probably been preventable
-Kirigiri for remaining impartaile and watching
-Togami for literally wanting Sakura to die
-Hagakure for looking at her as Ogre and not Sakura
-Fukawa for verbally abusing Sakura infront of Aoi which caused this to happen

You might say kirigiri and makoto didnt do anything but in this case not doing something holds the same weight

What i find ironic is i find genocider nicer than fukawa and all in all, much more tolerable
Old 2013-08-23, 15:39   Link #253
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
This conclusion is quite easy to tell for 5 points:
-Sakura's personality
-Unlikely that anyone could kill her with brute force alone, unless they use a really lethal weapon (firearms, explosive, heavy bladed weapons). And that's assuming they catch her offguard.
-the presence of poison (correlated with blood seen dripping from her mouth)
-Sakura's expression
-The SFX/BGM used for her corpse discovery scene which is different (changed for the anime to be the same as the murdered victims... urgh)

To be honest, I suspected she commited suicide the very moment I saw her corpse CG.
The closed room too. It was quite clear it could have only been constructed by Sakura herself.

The anime left out tons of details though, so I think it's indeed harder to come to the conclusion it was suicide even if it's still fairly obvious. Her peaceful expression is a dead give-away.
Old 2013-08-23, 16:33   Link #254
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
Didn't they found that room in this chapter? Haven't played the first game in 2 years so my memory is fuzzy on it. I'm better with the sequel.
The bloody room is at the very top floor, which is Ikusaba's murder arc.
Old 2013-08-23, 17:12   Link #255
marvelB

Yeah, I also thought it was dead obvious from the get-go that Sakura committed suicide. Mainly because of her peaceful expression, as Kanon also pointed out. That, and frankly I think she's way too powerful to be killed by "normal" means like bludgeoning anyway (both Hagakure and Fukawa's assaults on her were clearly nowhere near fatal enough to take her down). I mean, we even saw her fighting on par with a robot like Monobear at the end of the previous chapter, did we not?
Old 2013-08-23, 17:53   Link #256
Solitaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I also thought it was dead obvious from the get-go that Sakura committed suicide. Mainly because of her peaceful expression, as Kanon also pointed out.
I really hoped people know that's a Ashita no Joe death parody. The posture, the grey tone, the smile, it's exactly the same. It appeared in countless animes and manga. So the smile in this case really doesn't mean anything besides the sake of parody.

Another topic. I hope Chapter 5 will be squeezed in 1 chapter with all investigations cut. They can be done in chapter 6, allowing it to spread out over 3 episodes.
Old 2013-08-23, 18:04   Link #257
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm not exactly sure what difference it makes if you squeeze half of chapter 5 into chapter 6.
Old 2013-08-24, 03:51   Link #258
Tennouji

Just did a marathon run through the game on my ancient psp, so much better then the anime I don't why they even attempted to adapt it with only 13 episodes.
Old 2013-08-24, 03:59   Link #259
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennouji View Post
Just did a marathon run through the game on my ancient psp, so much better then the anime I don't why they even attempted to adapt it with only 13 episodes.
advertising the game of course.
and they succeed
Old 2013-08-24, 04:05   Link #260
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Not all people agree on this, but personally I think they did it because of the belief that a story about murder won't keep an audience's attention if someone doesn't die at least every two episodes.
Closed Thread