AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-27, 22:08   Link #521
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Did you not see Blake's trailer? She tried to blow up a train that belonged Weiss's family, probably for reasons related to her criticism of the company/family.
Yes I did. I do think Blake is objective enough to separate her previous agenda with her current situation, or recognize that the company's actions are not representative of the entire family.

She did go to blow up the train but stopped when it meant implicating the innocent crew members who just happened to be on the train. Company =/= everyone in it.
It might be named after the Schnee name but it's too early to say how much of their faults came from the family members alone.

That's where I'm basing her position from.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:16   Link #522
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2013-08-27, 22:21   Link #523
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
That's where I'm basing her position from.
She was willing to commit an act of corporate sabotage. The lyrics to her song are very intense and invoke feelings like anger and hatred. Blake doesn't simply dislike the Schnee family because of what they've done. Presumably she or someone close to her is a victim of their business practices. She has personal feelings related to the matter.

Even if she draws the line at hurting people, that doesn't mean she's ready to spend the next 4 years of her life with the one that will one day run the same company that Blake made an enemy of.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 00:19   Link #524
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
You know, it's Weiss who could have endangered Ruby (if Ruby was as weak as Weiss, anyway) and Weiss who caused the fire...

Seriously, watch again what happened. Weiss could have very easily redirected her attack on any other monsters, but her lack of ability as well as overall slowness meant that she messed up.

Sure, Ruby 'stealing the kill' was not the safest of thing, but it's not like Weiss was supposed to be decent at this fighting stuff and wouldn't need ten seconds to center herself before doing anything. Oh, and it's not like those kinds ofm onsters are supposed to be easy, and thus "playing around" is of no real danger.
Nope, Ruby endangered herself jumping into Weiss attack out from nowhere. And forest fire was it's result.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 00:25   Link #525
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
She was willing to commit an act of corporate sabotage. The lyrics to her song are very intense and invoke feelings like anger and hatred. Blake doesn't simply dislike the Schnee family because of what they've done. Presumably she or someone close to her is a victim of their business practices. She has personal feelings related to the matter.

Even if she draws the line at hurting people, that doesn't mean she's ready to spend the next 4 years of her life with the one that will one day run the same company that Blake made an enemy of.
You're passing over the Adam factor. There is a high probability she was just doing to for the one she cared about before having to draw a line. While it doesn't change what happened it does draw a distinct difference between a grudge and just disagreeing with someone's business practice. Either way, I'm sure it will a hurdle for the team eventually regardless.
Old 2013-08-28, 03:53   Link #526
CBredbeard
Banned

^ I didn't forget Adam. He might be the reason she went along with the train job.

Here's something interesting. I'd assumed that Ruby's attack that caused Weiss to misfire had been successful...but, no, it wasn't. Ruby had the element of surprise and not only did she fail to kill her target, she didn't wound it either. It counter attacked immediately.

So for those of you that think that Ruby is some kind of genius monster killer that can take all manner of beastie lightly, I'm sorry to say either she's not that great or the monsters they're facing aren't that weak.
Old 2013-08-28, 03:55   Link #527
wm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Seriously, watch again what happened. Weiss could have very easily redirected
her attack on any other monsters, but her lack of ability as well as overall slowness
meant that she messed up.....
Nope, Ruby endangered herself jumping into Weiss attack out from nowhere.
And forest fire was it's result.
It looks like now Ruby is much better at working with strangers than with the
average friends who don't know how relentless she could be. A stranger would be
more aware of that.

I don't see they have serious problems except being seriously not knowing each others.
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 05:00   Link #528
Tenzen12

I think major difference betwenn this and battle with Crimson is that, she didn't take monsters seriously and just played around, but I do think Weiss and Ruby fighting form will get better when they get know each other more as well.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 18:22   Link #529
Hedd
Random Object

GAH! RWBY team is gonna be at PAX but are having their panel on Friday in the middle of the day..... damn work.
Old 2013-08-29, 03:35   Link #530
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Nope, Ruby endangered herself jumping into Weiss attack out from nowhere. And forest fire was it's result.
I can't argue that Ruby was idiotic for jumping into the line of fire. However, Weiss is just as stupid, why would you use fire in the middle of a forest? Its obvious from the revolver thing on her guard that she can do different elements. So why would she use fire when there's a risk of misfiring or the target evading and setting the forest ablaze?

As for their failure in teamwork, I'd say that's on both of them, neither are willing to cooperate with the other.
Old 2013-08-29, 03:52   Link #531
Nayim

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=5847095
Old 2013-08-29, 04:14   Link #532
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
I can't argue that Ruby was idiotic for jumping into the line of fire. However, Weiss is just as stupid, why would you use fire in the middle of a forest? Its obvious from the revolver thing on her guard that she can do different elements. So why would she use fire when there's a risk of misfiring or the target evading and setting the forest ablaze?

As for their failure in teamwork, I'd say that's on both of them, neither are willing to cooperate with the other.
Fire seems to be a power setting based on her trailer. She used it to parry the giant knight's sword and knocked it off balance. She may have been going for a similar effect here.
Old 2013-08-29, 09:43   Link #533
Hedd
Random Object

Hmm could of sworn I dropped this in here. Guess not. AMV I came up with just before RWBY started airing.

Old 2013-08-29, 18:10   Link #534
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

One hour before the next episode airs.
Old 2013-08-29, 18:37   Link #535
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
One hour before the next episode airs.
Just aired for members of Roosterteeth.com. Shenanigans ensue
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 18:44   Link #536
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

snif just 4min for this episode T-T
Old 2013-08-29, 19:12   Link #537
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Just watched episode 7

Spoiler for RWBY ep7:
Old 2013-08-29, 19:14   Link #538
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Spoiler:

Some girl's in trouble!
Old 2013-08-29, 19:18   Link #539
Hedd
Random Object

What is....who did......why is......??? Grr another week.
Old 2013-08-29, 19:52   Link #540
Metalsnakezero
Trio Finale!

I want Blake to smile more, she looks so cute.
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic176117_1.gif
Metalsnakezero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby