** 6 12.77%
*** 7 14.89%
**** 4 8.51%
***** 7 14.89%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-02-16, 20:40   Link #21
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

such crappy fighting in this episode, it was rediculous... animators of naruto - take a friggen look at ghost in the shell... learn from its action sequences.
(Samurai Champloo wouldnt hurt either)
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 21:05   Link #22
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePlus
That is a fricking sweet picture, where did you get it?

One of Gamefaqs' boards, I think.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 21:08   Link #23
Aznhobo

Storyline is decent but Animation is sucky, 2 star rating overall
Aznhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 22:08   Link #24
Kura-chan
Omae no Masutaa

Send a message via MSN to Kura-chan
I havent watched Naruto in months, and I just started watching again at episode 171. I totally expected Naruto's transformation immediately when I understood what was going on with that "nee-chan" of his. >.o; I don't really like stuff that we expect too easily. Anyways; I still like that as long as Orochimaru's coolness/sexyness shows. (That episode lacked some Orochimaru o.o)

Why do I find Anko so cool, huh?

Anyways. Imma keep watching dispite the bad animation. I seem to be the only one not to care about that x3 I've seen lots worse, probably.
Kura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 02:40   Link #25
ctown

What a piece of crap I hope there is a no star rating. We shoudl just iqnore these episode from now on it's not even worth watching. The animation was the worst, they reused scenes from other episodes. The villian looks like a freaking retard. and the lonely monster guy plot is used too many times now and I know how u feel that it actually hurts is over used.............I'm done with this series filler I'll wait until the real new series starts.............So long Naruto
ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 04:17   Link #26
freetgy

This episode wasn't to bad.

liked it even kinda tough

(even if most people here disagree with me)
freetgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 09:37   Link #27
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
The naruto forum is slowly dying.
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 11:38   Link #28
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster
such crappy fighting in this episode, it was rediculous... animators of naruto - take a friggen look at ghost in the shell... learn from its action sequences.
(Samurai Champloo wouldnt hurt either)
They have nothing to learn about animating. Really, they don't. References: Lee vs. Gaara, Sasuke vs. Oro, Naruto vs. Sasuke, Geezer vs. MJ*, Jackass* vs. Sandman, Loud-mouth-kid + Angsty-kid vs. Bishounen, Kakashi vs. Sword-wielding-stud, and so on.

No, I'm afraid the animators are animating these episodes by choice rather than a display of their inability to animate.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 14:03   Link #29
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
couldn't help but point this out:
Spoiler for a pic from this episode:

Huh? I don't get it? Naruto's head is bigger than Ino's? But he's in the foreground...

Anyway stupid episode, I haven't watched a full episode since Neiji vs Kidomaru because I dread watching these now, it's more of an annoyance than curiousity pleasure.

Why did Naruto's clones all disappear without being touched!?

The action was horrendous, dialogue tedious, fighting horrible, plot disappointing, need I say more!? I wonder how much they've ruined the plot of the manga...
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 14:20   Link #30
Shinobi_Lucas

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobi_Lucas
God, this arc started out well enough and then...bam...sucky.
Shinobi_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 19:29   Link #31
joewright91
Survivor of the Uchiha

OMG that was shit, you see the first bit when they were running down that tunnel, There was like 4 frames that were repeated over and over. They used old footage, and comparing the both you can notice how much they have ruined the animation. And the one thing that pisses me off alot now about this anime is Naruto's speeches that are on every fooking episode they go like this. "Temme, i wont let you do this coz im gay and cant write a plot for shit" Then he powers up and gets hit by one punch that nearly knocks him out.

As for the animators they are soooo lazy, i mean look at that fishy bloke summon !!!, its a fooking blob. They need sacking pronto. Cant wait till it gets back on track.
joewright91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 20:36   Link #32
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

It’s kinda depressing to say so, but Naruto has really hit its nadir. If I was disappointed by recent manga chapters, that was nothing to the dribbly turd that was episode 172. I’ve stuck with the series even though the godawful filler, but this was easily my least favourite episode. I even preferred the Gai and Rock Lee imitators episode: at least that was only trying to be a rubbish throwaway episode with a few cheap laughs. 172 was actually supposed to be good, but dear oh dear, it was very, very bad.

First, this mermaid story was already godawful before the ultra-evil bad guy transformed as well. Second, he summoned a frickin’ giant blob of water. Third, the supposedly incredible jounin commanding the team did nothing but get knocked out by an obvious trick and then JUMP STRAIGHT INTO THE FRICKIN’ BLOB, thereafter being bounced back and standing there being useless. Fourth, they set up an interesting side-fight for Shino but then didn’t bother with it. Fifth, the animation quality was dire, and THEN they stuck a sizeable portion of animation from an early episode in. Sixth, kyuubi Naruto comes out – and why? Because Naruto is stuck in a blob. Seventh, it didn’t even end this week, and next time we have to see Gama dragged into this debacle, too.

The episode recalls the time Naruto first went kyuubi, way back in the battle with Haku. Wow. Those were the days.

This is the only time I have ever regretted watching a Naruto episode, even the filler. What a pile of pants.
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 21:02   Link #33
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I knew they would figure out a way to fit Kyuubi into the filler before they got back into the real story.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 22:03   Link #34
Kura-chan
Omae no Masutaa

Send a message via MSN to Kura-chan
-_- Are you never happy?
Maybe the animators hate fillers, too o.o
After 172 episodes, wouldn't you be tired of animating the same old thing again and again, but differently? Oh, yes, it has to be differently. Or else the fans are going to show up with sword and hammers -_-
You should expect bad animation after a while. Mainly since the transformation stuff and even the attacks are always the same old stuff O_o
Even if you complain about it, it won't change anything -_-

That was Kura's ranting. Doesn't happen often, so no complains please.
I don't want to see any "Well, that anime had x episodes and they were all super-well-animated and cool!" when I come back on this thread if I ever do.

You can also go on hating Naruto more and more. Wouldn't hurt. It's way too popular for my taste.
Kura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 22:55   Link #35
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Lmao...I actually gave this episode a 4...Let me explain why...

I was actually ready to can this episode about half-way thru...especially after Naruto's 1-millionth attempt to turn a "lost-character" away from the dark-side (And I'll bash anybody that gets mad at this because it's filler, Naruto does this thru-out the entire series and is kinda aggravating in those instances aswell)

Then something happened...As I heard the "Naruto kicks-a$$ music" (which was so cool) pump in my Maxwell Headphones I glanced at my arm and noticed something strange...It was goosebumps bubbling up all over...It was the first time in such a longtime that I had a feeling of exiliration and hypeness for something happening in Naruto...You guys complain and complain and complain about Naruto doing the same $hit each week...forgetting how to fight, using Rasengen for Ramen noodles and goofy hijinks...he finally releases the fox-demon and it's still bull$hit? Well ofcourse it is, but some bull$hit is better than other poop...And this was...The last 10 minutes of the ep was really hype and i enjoyed Naruto looking insane as hell powering up ready to kick some a$$ (Once again with his "kick-a$$" theme music)...

I also was somewhat impressed with Oro's henchmen turning out to be a sea creature...Yeah it was gay as hell how he jobbed Anko...God Anko how can you get OWN'D by a jar?? Jesus, no wonder Oro dropped your fish-netted a$$...Anyways i thought he was just a scientist so it kinda suprised me that he's this arc's final boss...And the dude had some moves even before he turned into a creature...He's definatley doper than the female Kaima's whose moves were suspect at best...Yeah the animation in spots were terrible (although Oro's henchmen finally looked drawn decently and the Demon-fox Naruto scenes were great...I don't care if it was forced because of the filler...It's waaaaaaay better than watching Naruto fight using his repeatative techniques)...So because of the great feeling of hypeness I felt for the first time in a loooooong time i give this ep a 4 (A really superficial 4 XD)...because in the end I really enjoyed it and dammit the whole Kyuubi-scene is always gonna trump the other BS this filler has to offer...I cannot tell a lie, I'm a sucker for a good power-up sequence with that great Naruto power-up music...

Oh $hit next episode it seems like Shino will look uncool for the first time ever OMGWTFBBQ ...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-02-17 at 23:10.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 11:16   Link #36
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura-chan
-_- Are you never happy?
Maybe the animators hate fillers, too o.o
After 172 episodes, wouldn't you be tired of animating the same old thing again and again, but differently? Oh, yes, it has to be differently. Or else the fans are going to show up with sword and hammers -_-
You should expect bad animation after a while. Mainly since the transformation stuff and even the attacks are always the same old stuff O_o
Even if you complain about it, it won't change anything -_-

That was Kura's ranting. Doesn't happen often, so no complains please.
I don't want to see any "Well, that anime had x episodes and they were all super-well-animated and cool!" when I come back on this thread if I ever do.

You can also go on hating Naruto more and more. Wouldn't hurt. It's way too popular for my taste.

The animators are paid to do it, its their job, if they get sick of " doing the same thing agan and again ", They really shouldn't be animators
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 12:12   Link #37
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sannin
The naruto forum is slowly dying.
Naruto is serious in Manga and just entertaining in anime.Some of the filler episodes failed to meet the seriousness about Naruto and some of the fans(mostly manga readers) somehow hate the production for giving them craps.

At first when the fillers are started,I ranted about fillers in Naruto like "fillers are craps,fillers are craps". But I found that most of the posts are just saying the same thing like me and discussions are not even the discussions themself.They are looks more like "let's discuss how crap the Naruto series are". As a optimistic being, I delighted in the fact that now I can get two version of Naruto now. One in manga and another one in Manga. From that time I could enjoy those episodes and stopped writing "fillers are craps" in those discussion.

Someone ranted about Naruto episode discussion was only two pages long in a last few week in Bleach discussion thread. I'm laughing my *ss out after reading that. I'm glad that I had a chance to see the discussion posts rather than random saying that "fillers are craps" in those threads.

I think this week discussion for this episode from me is over now.I'm not *issed off by Naruto's fillers but ....

Believe it or not, I'm a paid staff of the Naruto's filler production.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 12:34   Link #38
The Valeyard
Kikaichuu!!

Send a message via MSN to The Valeyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Oh $hit next episode it seems like Shino will look uncool for the first time ever OMGWTFBBQ ...
Lie's!!

It is probably a bug clone.

Or he will say it was he plan all along to lie there soaking wet.

And then he will use his 'trump card' and pwn the guy.

Or something...

Shino will never look uncool!!!
The Valeyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 12:47   Link #39
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

i agree with what wd said except the part about shino not looking cool.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote