2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-15, 08:20   Link #141
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
Annie took a huge swat at Jean back in ep 17 which he dodged, then she would have smashed him with her fist if Armin didn't distract her by telling her Eren's dead.

I think she would have killed all the other trainee members other than Armin if she needed to. I believe Armin was a bit more special to her because he told her she's kind in ep 16.
I suppose you're right, she did swat at Jean...then again he was also attacking her with intent to kill so did she have a choice? She also couldn't just stop all attacks short even if she knew it wasn't Eren, that would just spell "I'm someone you guys know." much quicker.

I don't think Armin is anymore special to Annie...that might be the Annie X Armin Shipping talking xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Is that sympathy for Annie I'm sensing in this thread? She just brutally murdered a lot of good men and women during that expedition. At this point I don't really care about her reasons, I keep coming back to Petra's lifeless body crushed against the tree, the guy begging for his life as she spun him in the air, the rest of Levi squad...Yeah, I'm with Mikasa, Annie needs to be put down because she needs to pay for her crimes.
If you want Annie hate/love discussions then check the manga thread, we have some nice ones from time to time.

Monir made a good point, it's not really right or wrong sympathizing with Annie, she is just one person on the other side of the conflict. I see a lot of hate on Annie not because of her betrayal but simply because she killed Petra...because a lot of people seemed to love Petra (she was a bit meh to me...I liked her like the rest of the Levi squad but nothing special). But then again there's a lot of Annie sympathizing and love simply because they liked the character before the reveal.
I'll be honest, I'm biased since Annie is pretty much one of my favorite characters in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Where was Annie when Eren met Mikasa for the first time?
What does that matter?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 08:29   Link #142
kitten320

I have question regarding translation, in the episode Annie says "Armin, I'm glad that I could be a good person to you".

However, in manga I saw it as "Armin, aren't you glad that I was such a good person to you?".

Which one is correct because it gives different message.
Old 2013-09-15, 08:45   Link #143
Rogue66

good episode it was interesting to get a look at the military police and how they had found out about Annie.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 08:51   Link #144
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I have question regarding translation, in the episode Annie says "Armin, I'm glad that I could be a good person to you".

However, in manga I saw it as "Armin, aren't you glad that I was such a good person to you?".

Which one is correct because it gives different message.
Since the Japanese sentence structure doesn't need a subject to make sense, it could be interpreted both ways. But the first option makes more sense in this connotation.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 09:25   Link #145
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Man I sure do hope they have a plan B since capturing Annie while in her human form obviously failed miserably (poor townspeople or are they soldiers under disguise?). They'll need firepower that can penetrate Annie's pain in the ass crystal ability or utilize those harpoons again to immobilize her... I would have opted for Eren to personally tear Annie a new one and have their rematch but that preview concerns me.
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:02   Link #146
normp571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschavykos View Post
How did the villagers know she was a Titan and stopped her in time? Did they pull her from that female titan? Why wasn't she getting imprisoned like eren?

Also why was she afraid of going down into that tunnel? Was she playing or serious?

Sorry i haven't read the manga.
Those weren't villagers. Those were members of the scouting legion. The entire thing was a trap designed to capture her. That's why no one was around they redirected the villagers elsewhere.
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:07   Link #147
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So Annie was trying to be a good person to make up for all the deaths she caused? Kind of hypocrite but I guess a person under such conditions needs to lie to herself to feel better.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:07   Link #148
normp571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkan View Post
Yeah no, I agree with you on the things you said! Annie is a very, very tragic character who is anything but bloodthirsty. After you look beyond her facade of being a monster, you realize she is just a poor little girl who was forced to do something beyond her control.

My issue was just how they adapted the scene. In my opinion it gives off a feeling of Annie enjoying it contrast to the manga were she has more of a broken and despair look which I think is bothering a lot of people. Annie wouldn't laugh and blush like that, there is nothing to laugh about. She doesn't enjoy killing people or fighting Eren. She realizes there is no way out and despite of what she wants, this is the only way.

Spoiler for size:
Actually, Annie did enjoy herself as evident by when she was spinning the scouting legion guy by her string. She was SMILING and it looked like she was having FUN.
Old 2013-09-15, 10:08   Link #149
normp571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the day View Post
Man I sure do hope they have a plan B since capturing Annie while in her human form obviously failed miserably (poor townspeople or are they soldiers under disguise?). They'll need firepower that can penetrate Annie's pain in the ass crystal ability or utilize those harpoons again to immobilize her... I would have opted for Eren to personally tear Annie a new one and have their rematch but that preview concerns me.
They were soldiers not townspeople.
Old 2013-09-15, 10:19   Link #150
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
then Eren really recognized Annie? ... when he said "A. .." before being swallowed by the female titan... ok ok
in mange she used same pose to kick that she teach him to used
(which they remove from anime > Eren used same fighting style he learn from Annie )
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:27   Link #151
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by normp571 View Post
They were soldiers not townspeople.
Well I sort of realized that but wondered why they would wear civilian clothing if they were just gonna hide and leap at her anyway. If you're gonna dress the part might as well play the part, might have convinced Annie too since the empty and desolate environment only made her even more suspicious.
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:28   Link #152
richardtengcy

Raises your hand if you are still a pure anime viewer (meaning you have not touch the manga yet)

Gotta respect you for surviving so many cliffhanger... XD
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:28   Link #153
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
in mange she used same pose to kick that she teach him to used
(which they remove from anime > Eren used same fighting style he learn from Annie )
In might still appear in the next episode.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:30   Link #154
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the day View Post
Well I sort of realized that but wondered why they would wear civilian clothing if they were just gonna hide and leap at her anyway. If you're gonna dress the part might as well play the part, might have convinced Annie too since the empty and desolate environment only made her even more suspicious.
I doubt the fat guy was a solider It seem like some people were hired to help catch Anne.
Old 2013-09-15, 10:33   Link #155
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkan View Post
But the thing is Annie is not the type of character who loses it. In the manga she is saying things like “I'm just a poor girl who can't fight” and other bad things about herself but you can tell by her expression she's mocking them because she’s very stoic and doesn't really bother even trying to fake it. The anime makes her appear unstable and crazy when she really was not.

I'm not sure who's decision it was to simplify her character and think that Annie is someone who would put on a tsundere/yandere smile and giggle but it really changes the whole mood of the scene and non-manga viewers look on Annie.
Look at pg 43 for chapter 31 far left panel she does give a creepy laugh they just expands it in the anime. (To make her more crazy)
Old 2013-09-15, 10:43   Link #156
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Raises your hand if you are still a pure anime viewer (meaning you have not touch the manga yet)

Gotta respect you for surviving so many cliffhanger... XD
Me. Thank goodness i manage to avoid the manga.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-09-15 at 11:33. Reason: good for you, but absolutely irrelevant
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:46   Link #157
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
No it its not that. He kept biting his hand that it wont regenerate at all.

Whatever powers Titans have are nerfed by the lack of an energy source. Remember Titans don't digest what they eat.

To transform he needs a clear goal and somewhere with sunlight.
Eren transformed from the inside of a Titan stomach. So, no, it wasn't about sunlight. It was just about restraining the movements of her titan form.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:51   Link #158
JamJackEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskylemur25 View Post
Look at pg 43 for chapter 31 far left panel she does give a creepy laugh they just expands it in the anime. (To make her more crazy)
That wasn't a laugh; that was a sound effect for "smirk." Apparently.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:55   Link #159
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder if anybody was surprised Annie was the female titan. It's been obvious for a while, but somehow it seemed like people avoided saying it (I only recall a couple of speculation posts).

The Annie x Armin hints were stronger than I remembered. It really looks like she spared him and later decided to help him because she likes him, and that is what brought about her downfall. Initially I thought she agreed to help Armin because she thought it was a good opportunity to kidnap Eren, but she kept talking to and about Armin. Quite the unexpected pairing if that's the case.
Old 2013-09-15, 10:57   Link #160
richardtengcy

SnK fandom is fast....and funny.

richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the reveal