AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-17, 09:41   Link #661
y0shi

Im so conflicted right now, I stopped caring about negima cause the ending made me really angry and Im not sure if I want to get into this.. What are your expectations for this series? I just dont believe that some flashbacks and explanations can fill the hole that the ending of negima left or that the connection to negima will be a main plotpoint and KA is not just reusing characters. Just to afraid of getting my hopes up, only to find out the manga just does its own thing

Maybe Ill get back to this once they find one of chaos time machines

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 15:20   Link #662
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
A theory some people have is that the girls who are saying goodbye to Eva on ch1 page 2 second panel are already dead on the current point of the manga. If that was the case then:

Dead:
Makie, Ako, Akira, Yuuna, Konoka, Setsuna, Kaede, Fuuko, Fumika, Asakura, Chisame, Nodoka, Yue, Misora, Natsumi

Alive:
Evangeline, Mana, Zazie, Chachamaru, Asuna, Sayo, Chao, Negi(?)

Alive (but very old?):
Ayaka, Chizuru, Yotsuba, Hakase, Ku Fei, Haruna, Madoka, Misa, Sakurako

This could kinda work. From the ones alive, Asuna could be sealed, so still alive, Chao the time traveler is alive on her own timeline. From the humans, the only ones that would really surprise me to still be alive from that list is the cheerleaders.
Sayo, being a ghost, may have moved onto the afterlife, especially if Asakura is dead.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 16:15   Link #663
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Sayo, being a ghost, may have moved onto the afterlife, especially if Asakura is dead.
Or Sayo can't for some reason.

Remember she doesn't want to remember her past as her death was traumatic. She was supposedly murdered by a serial killer.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 10:59   Link #664
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Or Sayo can't for some reason.

Remember she doesn't want to remember her past as her death was traumatic. She was supposedly murdered by a serial killer.
True, but Mana and Setsuna could have dispatched Sayo to the afterlife during Negima had Negi not stopped them. Since Kuroumaru's clan hunts undead, and Sayo qualifies as far as I'm concerned, then she could have been sent packing. Or, Asakura may have helped her face her traumatic past.

Just a possibility. ^_^

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2013-09-18, 12:51   Link #665
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
Im so conflicted right now, I stopped caring about negima cause the ending made me really angry and Im not sure if I want to get into this.. What are your expectations for this series? I just dont believe that some flashbacks and explanations can fill the hole that the ending of negima left or that the connection to negima will be a main plotpoint and KA is not just reusing characters. Just to afraid of getting my hopes up, only to find out the manga just does its own thing

Maybe Ill get back to this once they find one of chaos time machines
Frankly, I wouldn't recommend this for the Negima connection. I think just using room of this series to say 'By the way, that's how these characters died after a long series of things that should have been told in their own series' would be insulting both to the old cast (who deserved better than that) and the new cast (who deserve being given their own story, not riding on someone else's). It'd be a half-baked, badly handled compromise, although I don't expect much of Akamatsu post-Negima. As a matter of fact, since he's proven he can't wrap long standing plot points and big resolutions properly, and since the scope of thise series seems to be even bigger than Negima's, I expect for him to write himself into another corner and mess the ending again.

He didn't seem to learn anything from the end of Negima's badly handled power escalation either, since, much like End of Manga Negima couldn't be actually challenged anymore, it'll be difficult building actual tension around a group of immortals, one of whom can easily survive beheading while he's still an inexpert bumpkin. And another one of whom is freaking Evangeline.
Old 2013-09-19, 01:32   Link #666
imbuement

I simple think: if this manga is good, then just enjoy it.
Doesn't matter, right?
imbuement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 12:11   Link #667
Kutra

After cap 5, Kuroumaru is definitely a girl and Evangeline knows this
Kutra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 12:23   Link #668
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutra View Post
and is probably having quite a laugh about it

EDIT:

Was halfway excepting them to enter a proxy Hinata ...Well, if nothing else we can recognize Akamatsus sense of humour ...
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 12:43   Link #669
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Akamatsu, why do you insist on hiding Kuruomaru's gender from us? Just show us the goods already-

*is shot*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 13:00   Link #670
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
and is probably having quite a laugh about it

EDIT:

Was halfway excepting them to enter a proxy Hinata ...Well, if nothing else we can recognize Akamatsus sense of humour ...
that should have been hinata with hot Spring Turtle floating around.

Akamatsus miss a golden opportunity here.
Old 2013-09-20, 13:27   Link #671
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutra View Post
Pretty sure it's other way. He is just a tsundere young boy who will later fall in love with Touta.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 13:28   Link #672
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that should have been hinata with hot Spring Turtle floating around.

Akamatsus miss a golden opportunity here.
Yeah, I thought about that too. It would have been a nice node to Love Hina. ^_^

As to Kuroumaru...*lol* Akamatsu-sensei is certainly trolling fans here. However, it does seem fairly clear that Kuroumaru is female.

And I will admit that Touta is getting a tad more interesting to me with this chapter.

Old 2013-09-20, 13:42   Link #673
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Pretty sure it's other way. He is just a tsundere young boy who will later fall in love with Touta.
look at the way the towel is worn when Kuroumaru catches Touta.
Old 2013-09-20, 13:43   Link #674
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

of all the gender choices for Kuromaru no one has mention the Ranma choice,
Old 2013-09-20, 13:55   Link #675
zamas

Evangeline is back. But she's laughing ! And not from abusing/killing someone. And she's smilling too ! And she's nice to peoples !!
That's not my evangeline !!

Well, putting that aside, it's nice seeing Akamatsu-sensei's works once more. I guess we're on for another round of comedy/ecchi/epic battle combination.

And for kuromaru, I'm betting on boy. Becaus Akamatsu-sensei is too wise to use the "trap" trick on us. So he intentionally make us believe Kuromaru is a boy who's supposed to be a girl. But in fact is a boy who looks like a girl disguising herself as a boy.

About the end of chapter 5, I hope we'll get some meat next time , but since we never saw a thing in Negima...
zamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 14:10   Link #676
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
look at the way the towel is worn when Kuroumaru catches Touta.
You mean something like this?
Spoiler for Is this a boy? Or a girl?:
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 14:10   Link #677
Breimoon

i continue to bet on the female!! she was hiding her breasts xD
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 14:15   Link #678
DarkDooM

Futa, obviously.
Old 2013-09-20, 14:23   Link #679
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Futa, obviously.
Aiming at the long shot? ... actually that could make sense *goes pondering*
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 14:40   Link #680
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamas View Post
Evangeline is back. But she's laughing ! And not from abusing/killing someone. And she's smilling too ! And she's nice to peoples !!
That's not my evangeline !!
Sure it is. Eva smiled, laughed, and was nice to folks in Negima! She mellowed out quite a lot by the end of the series.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love