2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-22, 15:26   Link #161
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He fought human opponents when he was ten years old.
Oh right. But the point holds, in that situation they were strangers who anyone could see were human scum, just as the Titans are human in shape but in in size or behavior. The people who killed Mikasa's parents don't really qualify as "human" in Eren's head. You can't really compare those to Annie, who was a comrade and someone who we can reasonably expect Eren to have had a good deal of respect for.

Quote:
That's some serious denial there. I mean, if Annie was in human form making doe-eyes at him, maybe I could sympathize. But she's in Titan form, killing his comrades.
Eren's still having trouble connecting the Megata Kyojin with Annie, i.e. having a really hard time seeing her as an enemy. Looking at the way he's always seen his fellow soldiers and other people in general, I see that he has a tendency to treat them as comrades in the fight against the Titans. If they show reluctance to participate in the anti-Titan crusade, he berates them either out loud or in his head, but he doesn't see them as enemies, since after all they are still humans in the same boat. Annie, someone who has suddenly "turned", is something Eren is not used to dealing with. He's in shock and yes, denial.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 15:44   Link #162
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I really liked Eren as a main character, which is very rare for me as I tend to dislike main characters for exactly the same things Eren went through in this episode. His hesitation was very out of place since his only on-screen interaction with Annie was getting his ass kicked by her briefly. Does he have romantic feelings for her? I never would've guessed it from what's been shown so far.

Annie has no problem showing all those soldiers absolutely no mercy. She brutally murdered the Levi squad without a second thought + dozens of recon corps soldiers, and she can sleep peacefully afterwards... This makes her reaction face to Armin and sparing Mikasa all the more puzzling. The former is clearly Recon Corps command material, Erwin's natural replacement if you ask me, and the latter has the potential to be just as good, if not better than Levi. Killing them would make her job a lot easier, yet she doesn't. If Annie is a psychopath as her behavior would suggest, why is she showing sings that she perhaps genuinely cares about some of her comrades? I don't really understand what the writers are going for here with her character.

Btw, I know there are some complaints about Jean, but I say keep him coming! He has grown exponentially as a character. In fact I'd say his development has been better than Eren, but that's just my opinion...
Old 2013-09-22, 15:50   Link #163
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I really liked Eren as a main character, which is very rare for me as I tend to dislike main characters for exactly the same things Eren went through in this episode. His hesitation was very out of place since his only on-screen interaction with Annie was getting his ass kicked by her briefly. Does he have romantic feelings for her? I never would've guessed it from what's been shown so far.

Annie has no problem showing all those soldiers absolutely no mercy. She brutally murdered the Levi squad without a second thought + dozens of recon corps soldiers, and she can sleep peacefully afterwards... This makes her reaction face to Armin and sparing Mikasa all the more puzzling. The former is clearly Recon Corps command material, Erwin's natural replacement if you ask me, and the latter has the potential to be just as good, if not better than Levi. Killing them would make her job a lot easier, yet she doesn't. If Annie is a psychopath as her behavior would suggest, why is she showing sings that she perhaps genuinely cares about some of her comrades? I don't really understand what the writers are going for here with her character.

Btw, I know there are some complaints about Jean, but I say keep him coming! He has grown exponentially as a character. In fact I'd say his development has been better than Eren, but that's just my opinion...
After watch so many show where the main chapter is just so powerful or emotional strong seeing eren making him realistic as a person. Yeah they remove some stuff if Annie and eren interaction I think. Well Annie also has weakness she unable to kill people she care for (Marco situation is a mystery?). I love jean he actually alikeable character and he show growth.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 15:59   Link #164
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Eren's still having trouble connecting the Megata Kyojin with Annie,
If only. It would be really, really convenient if he could stop seeing Annie when he looked at the 15m tall monstrosity trying to kill his friends.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 16:01   Link #165
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post

I think that's the beauty of the series. Characters are not just white or black. They are mixes of greys what makes them more believable.
Old 2013-09-22, 16:10   Link #166
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I think that's the beauty of the series. Characters are not just white or black. They are mixes of greys what makes them more believable.
Yeah I like the mystery and the realistic human emotion and action.
Yep but the best gray character show/book series is game of thrones.

Did anyone find niles annoying? Hello there a titan behind you and u are afraid of a coup? Irwin has ice in his vain, he wasn't scare at all of those guns.
Old 2013-09-22, 16:24   Link #167
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskylemur25 View Post
Yeah I like the mystery and the realistic human emotion and action.
Yep but the best gray character show/book series is game of thrones.

Did anyone find niles annoying? Hello there a titan behind you and u are afraid of a coup? Irwin has ice in his vain, he wasn't scare at all of those guns.
I don't think he was afraid of a coup. He just wanted to know what the hell was going on and Irwin was the only one there who could tell him. That's why he prevented Irwin from leaving until he explained himself.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 16:32   Link #168
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I don't think he was afraid of a coup. He just wanted to know what the hell was going on and Irwin was the only one there who could tell him. That's why he prevented Irwin from leaving until he explained himself.
He did say that Irwin was betraying the monarchy but where is the king anyway I bet he hiding under his bed like everyone else not in survey corp. but the best filler (original adaption ) scenes was jean running toward the fight ahh his words made me see his growth and how weak and corrupt the mp are. After all there job is too protect the capital so hello titan in the capital your job?
Old 2013-09-22, 16:38   Link #169
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskylemur25 View Post
and how weak and corrupt the mp are.
And dumb. If I was him, I'd want as many Recon Corps bodies between me and the Titan as I could get.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 16:44   Link #170
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
That's some serious denial there. I mean, if Annie was in human form making doe-eyes at him, maybe I could sympathize. But she's in Titan form, killing his comrades.
Maybe Eren wants to see Annie kill someone in human form.... to completely change his mind.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 16:48   Link #171
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
If only. It would be really, really convenient if he could stop seeing Annie when he looked at the 15m tall monstrosity trying to kill his friends.
Then he's still a kid in shock, not a badass who can turn around and knife a former friend in a heartbeat. And as someone said earlier, much of his psychological blockage is subconscious. It's not like he was arguing with Mikasa when they were down in the tunnel.
Old 2013-09-22, 16:56   Link #172
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Maybe Eren wants to see Annie kill someone in human form.... to completely change his mind.
but he did...he was right there when Annie killed Gunther-san in human form...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yes, but right now Annie's definitely leaning to the dark side, showing mercy to Armin doesn't make up for the countless soldiers she's killed. That psychotic laugh in the previous episode didn't do her any favors either.
Old 2013-09-22, 17:07   Link #173
kitten320

Not going to deny that, she is on dark grey side right now and needs to be stopped before more are killed.

Going by what Isayama said, he didn't mean for laugh to make her look psychopathic. He wanted for people to see a broken 16 year old girl she is.

But I have to agree that it came out off and made me question her myself =/
Old 2013-09-22, 17:23   Link #174
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Aren't most missing the point? Eren did want to fight Annie but transforming into a Titan requires a more focused mind such as the first time when he just wanted to kill the Titans regardless of his state. Kind of like Gohan back in the Cell games. He wants to fight but he cannot use his full potential. In the end, Eren did not transform into a Titan to kill Annie in revenge but to continue his mission.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 18:41   Link #175
domawsome

reaction video to episode 24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXO9rxVQ5wI it's a bit lame but I'm new so please don't hurt me
domawsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 18:43   Link #176
chaos_animagic

I still can't figure out where she got the Titan-power nor any of her reasons.

On another note... yea.. seems like if Eren has to fight, he have to stop being a Human and is willing to kill anything that stand in his way.

Also... we still have no idea which side is the "good/dark side" (since we can clearly see corruption inside the walls)

Sure the Titans kill a lot of Humans, but the Humans also have almost zero regret in using other Humans as "sacrifices". (many times they used other less skilled scouts as meatshield baits are that MEANT to die for their plans to work)

BTW, I thought they said the Titans don't age and has been there for hundreds of years.
So... where's these new Human-Titans coming from (IE: 16 years old Annie)
Does this suggest there IS an organization in the shadow providing those drugs that Eren's father used on Eren?
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 18:58   Link #177
dmaxzero

In manga and in the anime my main issue has always been Eren.
He hasnt done a thing since the rock part, and he does not win a single fight either XD.
Everything is pointing to a anime original ending, cant blame them, the manga is hardly conclusive at that point, they are forced to do so, or to resort to some cliffhanger epilogue.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 19:01   Link #178
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Sure the Titans kill a lot of Humans, but the Humans also have almost zero regret in using other Humans as "sacrifices". (many times they used other less skilled scouts as meatshield baits are that MEANT to die for their plans to work)
The hell? How does this male the Titans and humans equivalent? The Titans come and kill everyone - soldiers, men, women, children. The humans, outnumbered and outclassed, are forced to sacrifice some of their own soldiers for collective survival.
Old 2013-09-22, 19:47   Link #179
Snow White
★ Starlight Breaker ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
I may be in the minority here, but I think Levi is over-rated. Mikasa is already better than he was at that age considering she's being ranked as the best to have ever graduated from training.

So yeah, its not hard to believe she'll progress up to his level in a short period.
Mikasa will never surpass Levi. How did you know she's better than Levi was at 15? Mikasa is one of the best in history, true, but she's not the best ever.

Spoiler for chart:

Considering Jean, and even Marco have better stats than the Elite Squad, I think the chart isn't all about actual stats right now, rather, it just shows the peak of their respective stats.

Or the chart probably sucks.
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 19:54   Link #180
kitten320

^Lol it almost looks like Jean and Marco are holding hands