Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-24, 17:24   Link #721
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I agree Hideyoshi doesn't give a crap.

Kurou being shy about it is definitely suspicious.

Touta didn't get a face full of crotch(I don't think) when they met at the river, so chances are there.
There's also the fact that Eva seemed overly eager to make them bathe together. As if she knew something...
Old 2013-09-24, 19:03   Link #722
chaosprophet

On Kuroumaru's gender, I think he is either a female, or as someone suggest something else like a girl in a male body or the opposite, etc. Cause sure, some guys may not be comfortable at showing other guys down there, but even a feminine guy wouldn't need to cover his breasts. Not just with the towel, which may just be the way he uses it, but also cover with arm when handshaking Touta. Maybe a guy who is trying to pass as a girl would do that, but Kurou showed very well that he/she wants to be considered a boy.
Old 2013-09-24, 22:00   Link #723
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamas View Post
For now it seem to be canon with the end of Negima. Just the space elevator tend to prove it.
The space elevator is built in both Negima futures we saw, the one where they never see Asuna again and the one where they do (the manga's end). That, on itself, doesn't tell us anything in concrete.

Quote:
You don't have to know thing about Negima, you don't have to even care and still be able enjoy this manga.
Someone who hasn't read Negima wouldn't be able to fully get what's the big deal about Yukihime or this Negi person, though.
Old 2013-09-24, 22:19   Link #724
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Someone who hasn't read Negima wouldn't be able to fully get what's the big deal about Yukihime or this Negi person, though.
That's the kind of thing the story will likely slowly show the readers when the information is needed. If you compare to Negima, it took 3 volumes to introduce Eva and to tell us that she apparently was a very strong infamous vampire, but who didn't really look that strong. Only 3 volumes later, on the end of the Kyoto arc that we would have a real taste of what she can do, so have an idea on how strong she actually is. While in UQ we got basically the same info about her in 5 chapters.

Of course, a reader who read Negima can probably catch upon things quicker with all the knowledge from it, but I do think UQ will probably explains anything that is important to it, albeit not necessarily in detail.

Negi then, likely in a future chapter a character will likely say, "Negi Springfield?!? The famous hero who ::insert some of his great feats here:: for a starter.
Old 2013-09-24, 22:45   Link #725
Tenzen12

Quote:

In UQ Negi is just dead hero, he saved world once and it's old news already, except some grandma fangirls noone cares anymore and readers don't have to either.

Yukihime is big deal, but you don't need read Negi see she is that awesome.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 02:13   Link #726
zamas

Quote:
The space elevator is built in both Negima futures we saw, the one where they never see Asuna again and the one where they do (the manga's end). That, on itself, doesn't tell us anything in concrete.
Asuna did not wake up on time the first time and she was send back in time after waking up like right ? Then that would mean that she was present even in the futur where she did not wake up. But in the end she was there. There was two Asuna. One was asleep and the other one was from the futur. That's a classical time paradox. So in the end it's hard to tell if there is 2 futur or just one.
zamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 07:48   Link #727
chaosprophet

Quote:
Asuna did not wake up on time the first time and she was send back in time after waking up like right ? Then that would mean that she was present even in the futur where she did not wake up. But in the end she was there. There was two Asuna. One was asleep and the other one was from the futur. That's a classical time paradox. So in the end it's hard to tell if there is 2 futur or just one.
Not really a paradox. You have one Asuna which is the one from the actual timeline, and one who come from "130 years in the future" but from a different timeline.

If time was just a line, then maybe that situation could have been a time paradox, although even then a paradox could been avoided.
Old 2013-09-25, 11:02   Link #728
zamas

That right. I just re read the last few chapter and she's sent to a different version.

And about Negi's wife, i guess it's not Asuna since he told her who he loved at the end and from her reaction she's not the one. So i guess that mean that whichever timeline it is would not really matter.

By the way we never had an explaination as to how Negi died at the end. Could it linked to UQ holder ?
Old 2013-09-25, 12:27   Link #729
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
And that's the 2nd time we've seen Eva getting taken off guard since the beginning of the series, seems like living 800 years and counting has taken a toll on her agility (slightly disappointed here).
I'm not so sure about that. The first time was understandable. No one came after Eva for a year and a half. Then when Tachibana shows up, he took six whole months to stalk her, using her students as cover for when he sprang his trap. So that's completely understandable.

For Touta snagging her towel, we are presuming he isn't hitting an illusion Yukihime. After 800 years, with all of the other skills Eva picked up, combined with being a powerful mage, creating an illusion version of herself shouldn't be difficult at all.

If Touta did snag the towel from her, that says more to me about Touta (and Kuroumaru) than Eva. Look at how he rapidly covered the distance from the men's onsen to the women's onsen on TOP of a cliff.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 13:32   Link #730
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
On Kuroumaru's gender, I think he is either a female, or as someone suggest something else like a girl in a male body or the opposite, etc.
*Face palm* My goodness how could I not see it!

This is not the first time Ken Akamatsu dabbled in a gender bender.

Forty Namba of AI Love You had two personalities and genders. Saati and Toni wanted a younger sibling. Hitoshi Kobe created a blank slate AI program. Saati and Toni got into an argument whether it is a boy or a girl.

What came out is boy. But when Hitoshi was about to hand Forty something for the bath it turns out Forty does not have well... Male parts.

When Forty sneezes he switches to a female personality and vice versa.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 13:43   Link #731
cyberdemon

Quote:
That right. I just re read the last few chapter and she's sent to a different version.

And about Negi's wife, i guess it's not Asuna since he told her who he loved at the end and from her reaction she's not the one. So i guess that mean that whichever timeline it is would not really matter.

By the way we never had an explaination as to how Negi died at the end. Could it linked to UQ holder ?
Maybe Negi isn't even dead but just faked his death to not let people realize he too was immortal.

The way Asuna put who Negi liked was that she was surprising and yet made sense. I would say Konoka fits in that category. I also thought Makie did when it was first brought up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
*Face palm* My goodness how could I not see it!

This is not the first time Ken Akamatsu dabbled in a gender bender.

Forty Namba of AI Love You had two personalities and genders. Saati and Toni wanted a younger sibling. Hitoshi Kobe created a blank slate AI program. Saati and Toni got into an argument whether it is a boy or a girl.

What came out is boy. But when Hitoshi was about to hand Forty something for the bath it turns out Forty does not have well... Male parts.

When Forty sneezes he switches to a female personality and vice versa.
perhaps what made Kuroumaru immortal switched his/her body's gender. Like Kuroumaru was born female but was turned male by a curse when she was made immortal. It would create a lot of confusion and anger over it which might explain her reactions when being called a girl. While also having Kuroumaru keeping some girlish reactions especially if it happened not long before the story.
Old 2013-09-25, 13:53   Link #732
Breimoon

he could even just used magic. Since a female travelling alone is dangerous she could be using magic to conceal her true sex.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 15:33   Link #733
zamas

Kuro is not THAT strong but he doesn't seems weak to the point where he need to conceal her gender to protect himelf.
Old 2013-09-25, 17:20   Link #734
Sakuratsuki

I have a solution to end this discussion about if Kuro is a he or a she:

He/she is a hermaphrodite , there you have it. Are we happy
Old 2013-09-25, 18:24   Link #735
mechdra

I got a better idea. Kuroumaru might be taking gender swapping pills. If age change pills exist, it is not possible for such a pill to exist as well. Her body may be a man but her soul is still a woman.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 20:06   Link #736
Ridwan

Don't matter. Still would either way.
Old 2013-09-25, 20:10   Link #737
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Isn't it ok as long as she/he's hot in a dress? ... what the hell have I become
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 20:21   Link #738
chaosprophet

I wouldn't mind if Akamatsu keep Touta in the dark, but I want him to make it clear for the readers. The longer this keeps up, the more people will start assuming one way, and then likely getting butthurt if it's revealed the other way... XD
Old 2013-09-25, 22:08   Link #739
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
There are two futures. The time chart Chao showed up revealed that much, that they had created an alternate timeline by sending Asuna back. Obviously, in one timeline Asuna never came back, or else the pictures and mementos that moved Asuna to go back would never have existed, meaning Asuna wouldn't remember seeing them.

So, in the first timeline there's only one Asuna, sleeping, but in the second one, there are two. The big question is what will happen when the sleeping Asuna in the second timeline wakes up, but that depends on how many are alive by that point and how far into the future is that compared to the original timeline. Since Asuna's presence is the only originally changed factor, all of that will depend on how much of a difference she ends up making.
Old 2013-09-25, 23:02   Link #740
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

"FULL COLOR SPREAD"
Penis: Like... a nudie spread? ;D
Brain: Fat chance. -_-
Penis: It could happen.
Brain: There is no fucking way.
Penis: You never know; what if this suddenly became a mature seinen?
Brain: Well, maybe... I mean, SHUT UP! You can't trick me! D:<

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love