AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-29, 12:57   Link #441
Ridwan

Not long enough. I don't really mind with Benten returns to Akadama old man. I do mind that it happens in the very last episode. Well of course she's just doing her usual thing(she won't stay for long) and obviously still eyeing on Yasaburou but I'd rather this particular plot point be resolved.

I'm going to need the novel.
Old 2013-09-29, 13:05   Link #442
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
The phone call with his mom was probably the most touching scene of the episode.
Isn't that the truth?

(I wonder what people must have thought if they spotted those people holding a phone to a frog and patiently waiting for... what? It's right up there with Akadama and Souichiro's handshake. It's a testament to the show that those absurd images are genuinely touching. The show has an incredibly rich texture; it's PA Works' strength played to the max. This is definitely their prestige show.)

God, how I laughed at the tanuki chain reaction when they discovered the Friday Fellows. I've been a tanuki fan ever since I learned about them, and this show is just the perfect embodiment of what I always thought of as the tanuki spirit. This is one of my favourite anime ever.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 13:15   Link #443
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Yes.

My favorite scene was Benten and Yasaburou together at the shrine. Yasaburou's reflections on what he wanted were wonderful and acutely perceptive. We get a happy ending on so many levels...

A Blossoming Flower in the Snowy Winter
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 15:05   Link #444
taichi-kun

mmm I didn't like this ending at all, too many things were left unexplained

7/10 I guess...
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 15:12   Link #445
nojay
Scanlator

Akadema to the left of them, Benten to the right
Stuck in the middle with Ebisuuuuu...
Old 2013-09-29, 15:19   Link #446
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I really can't wait for this soundtrack.
It's due out on the 9th. So far the only source I've found is cdjapan, where the shipping charges just about double the price of the CD. Importcds has no Uchouten Kazoku items for some reason, and it's not listed at either amazon.com or amazon.co.jp yet. Amazon.com does have some pretty nice wall-scrolls for this show, including this one for all you Benten fans:

I think her thighs are a bit too large though.

This show just grew on me the longer I watched it. I'm not sure I'm ready to crown it best of 2013 yet, but it certainly is a strong contender. Sadly I suspect it won't score very well in the AS Choice Awards since it's such a minority taste. Please remember to vote for this show early next year when the Awards process begins.

The story certainly came to a conclusion, but it's not hard to imagine a sequel.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 15:22   Link #447
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
It's due out on the 9th. So far the only source I've found is cdjapan, where the shipping charges just about double the price of the CD. Importcds has no Uchouten Kazoku items for some reason, and it's not listed at either amazon.com or amazon.co.jp yet. Amazon.com does have some pretty nice wall-scrolls for this show, including this one for all you Benten fans:

I think her thighs are a bit too large though.
CD Japan unlike Amazon Japan has several options for shipping.

It was at Ami Ami but I guess their stock was limited since it is already sold out.
Old 2013-09-29, 16:11   Link #448
nojay
Scanlator

The amount of non-principal character animation in this episode was quite astounding. Did they forget to spend most of the budget until the last episode and decided to blow it on background characters and scenes like the room full of panicking tanukis? There was all sorts of little dramas and details going on around the principals, both in the street scenes after the professor quietens down and at the shrine the next day. I couldn't help noticing them -- that schoolgirl with the blue bow talking to the boy in the white jacket and scarf who suddenly runs off, the older couple at the shrine gesturing to each other as they talk, lots of other little bits of business you don't normally get in anime.
Old 2013-09-29, 17:46   Link #449
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As I suspected, we're still completely clueless when it comes to Benten's train of thought. Perhaps it's better this way. Her character would lose her charm if everything about her was laid bare.

This was a good ending, but I'm a bit dissatisfied that Soun didn't get his comeuppance. However, I quite liked that the brothers weren't hell-bent on revenge. Somehow I don't think that would have been very Tanuki-like. It strikes me more as exclusive to humans.

I'm going to miss this anime. It was always a lot of fun to watch. 8/10.
Old 2013-09-29, 18:24   Link #450
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
The amount of non-principal character animation in this episode was quite astounding.
There are also some nice little bits with the main characters. One of my favorites is near the end when the family is preparing to go to the shrine (about 17:30). Off to one side we see little Yachiro holding his mother's hands and rocking back and forth. Anyone who has spent time with kids will recognize that behavior right away.

Quote:
CD Japan unlike Amazon Japan has several options for shipping.
Yes, but even the least expensive option is still about $30 for a $35 item.

Quote:
It was at Ami Ami but I guess their stock was limited since it is already sold out.
I saw that one, too, but didn't list it because pre-orders were already closed.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 19:32   Link #451
NutShell

great end, love this series so much
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 19:46   Link #452
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Yes, but even the least expensive option is still about $30 for a $35 item.
I am not sure what you are looking at, but I just went through the motions to order the CD and I could get SAL shipping for 500 yen. That was the cheapest option. Also the highest seems to only be 1700 yen for Fedex Intl Priority.

Also for a sequel there actually is another novel being written. Not sure if we will ever see it animated though.
Old 2013-09-29, 20:49   Link #453
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now that is an ending all those tanuki trying to get out

8/10 one all way got to warm ones butt
Old 2013-09-29, 23:44   Link #454
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I... can't say I'm satisfied with this show.
It's still great, but not my cup of tea, I suppose.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 00:54   Link #455
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
And if I didn't before I now officially ship Kaisei with Yasaborou. Their final exchange was so cute.
It was. wasn't it?

Though I do wish I had something more coherent to say about the ending than "damn, that height difference moe". It's like handing ammunition to the people who thing I'm kidding about having good taste.

Also, while the sample size is pretty small, there seems to be a correlation between mature women I like in anime and mature women in anime played by Noto Mamiko.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 01:39   Link #456
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I can't say I'm entirely satisfied with this ending since a few too many things were left open ended, but it's been a pretty good show. Probably the best that PA works has produced... However, I think this title is just shy of being truly "great."
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 03:53   Link #457
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I can't say I'm entirely satisfied with this ending since a few too many things were left open ended, but it's been a pretty good show. Probably the best that PA works has produced... However, I think this title is just shy of being truly "great."

This is only the first part of a planned trilogy of novels. The second one is still being written so it might be a while if/before it's ever adapted into an anime
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 04:09   Link #458
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Hilarious first half episode, I thought I'll see a rumble but due to Benten, the opposite happens. Too bad the ending scenes were boring... also..no Bentenx Yasaburo....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 04:14   Link #459
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Hilarious first half episode, I thought I'll see a rumble but due to Benten, the opposite happens. Too bad the ending scenes were boring... also..no Bentenx Yasaburo....
Sigh shippers
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 04:32   Link #460
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
^ I'm a romance lover, it can't be help. That's the same why I give KINM a 10/10. Oh, forgot, I'll give Uchouten Kazoku a 8/10.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p.a. works