AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-14, 06:14   Link #6961
larethian

It's like saying US has the most number of nuclear warheads and thus any conflict in the world is boring since she can just resolve it with a button.

No use arguing with people who sees this as merely a Shounen battle story with a pointlessly OP protagonist.
Old 2013-10-14, 06:52   Link #6962
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
No more practice and no more learn? Tatsuya keeps training every day and is always developing new magics to overcome new challenges. How can you possibly say that he doesnt learn anything new?

I personally like characters smart, strong and cool like Tatsuya than those generics dumb, weak and indecisive MCs that are always being beaten up and in the end win their fights with hidden power that came from nowhere or a willpower to never give up or the power of love/friendship or whatever.

I respect your opnion for finding it boring for him to be so strong but to say that he doesnt practice nor learn anything new......You should read the novel again
That's not like you learn by normal way. He is in peak science and he is able to outsmart many professors out there, "learn something new" at his level is the whole different thing than we should expect.

Hah, training everyday. For him it is just merely exercises.
I meant all his work is on very high level thus I don't consider it like normal "learn" or "practice" but deeply research.

Whatever you say, the fact that his ability is too high from the beginning.
I do like cool and badass characters, for example Akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.
Old 2013-10-14, 07:10   Link #6963
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
First, he is definitely strong and it wouldn't be exaggerated to say he's pretty much invincible in an head on all out confrontation. But the Yotsuba is not just one person, there are a lot of powerful magicians within the clan, if you mark Miyuki as 10, then there are plenty of 9 or 8 in the family, and it is highly possible that each one of them possess a unique and dangerous magic. Not only that, if he went on to have open war with the Yotsuba, you think the other clans would just stay still? Tatsuya is not so foolish to think so.
if you ask Tatsuya fanboy, they will say it's easy to kill them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
That's not like you learn by normal way. He is in peak science and he is able to outsmart many professors out there, "learn something new" at his level is the whole different thing than we should expect.

Hah, training everyday. For him it is just merely exercises.
I meant all his work is on very high level thus I don't consider it like normal "learn" or "practice" but deeply research.

Whatever you say, the fact that his ability is too high from the beginning.
I do like cool and badass characters, for example Akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.

actually you should read Larethian post.

again even though you believe his ability is too high from the beginning, do you think he can kill every magician in the world ?
USNA already tried to capture him, and kill him if necessary.
yes maybe he can handle that now. but how long ?

i myself believe tatsuya is not omnipotent.

he need someone to take care and hide his secret, his power, his identity from the world.
who help him to do that ?
Yotsuba Maya...... even kuroba don't know about tats decomposition.
you should understand that.till now Maya always help him to take care that.

you think tatsuya should be God ? conquer the world ?
human will follow him because they fear him ?
Old 2013-10-14, 07:19   Link #6964
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
again even though you believe his ability is too high from the beginning, do you think he can kill every magician in the world ?
USNA already tried to capture him, and kill him if necessary.
yes maybe he can handle that now. but how long ?

i myself believe tatsuya is not omnipotent.

he need someone to take care and hide his secret, his power, his identity from the world.
who help him to do that ?
Yotsuba Maya...... even kuroba don't know about tats decomposition.
you should understand that.till now Maya always help him to take care that.

you think tatsuya should be God ? conquer the world ?
human will follow him because they fear him ?
Who rejected Yosuba Maya request to keep studying at First High? Tatsuya.
You think he's so carefree thorough the series?
He has that confidence, he knows what could happen.
Why? Because he hope someone would show up protect him? Nope.
His might can't be denied.

And Yes, I don't want to bring the author here, but since he created that monster, he won't easily let that monster defeated.
If in the end Tatsuya becomes God, it's ordinary.
Old 2013-10-14, 07:38   Link #6965
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
If it follows the regular 2 volumes per arc, then it will probably cover only half the chapters for the Double 7 arc.
And why would it? It doesn't say "ダブルセブン編〈上〉", just "ダブルセブン編". As I said before, there's no indication of this arc being a 2-parter.

In addition, the cover gives me a one-volume arc feel, so...

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-10-14, 07:38   Link #6966
Ultragunner

It is debatable that Maya wants to help him, let's not get to that now (I personally think she's hiding the siblings just for the sake of the Yotsuba).

In the beginning, Tatsuya did actually intend to take care of things by himself, but he started to learn how to depend on other people (character development!) from the moment he went out with Kazama 3 years ago.

It's just as you say, he doesn't absolutely need any support, but it certainly makes his life and Miyuki's much easier. He now has the military behind him (though they only lend him a hand with military-related issues), Erika and Mayumi both have a hint about his background and will try to conceal it.

My point is, he's utterly OP from the beginning, but there are plenty to see and look forward to. Not boring at all.
Old 2013-10-14, 07:41   Link #6967
Breimoon

if it comes to it he could just destroy the whole world. If his sister were to be killed by someone, make sure you run to the otherside of the world if not even space.
Old 2013-10-14, 07:45   Link #6968
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post

It's one of the highest selling LNs out there (second highest sales in the first half of 2013, behind only LN juggernaut SAO), at least on par with the likes of Index and Shana (which really is putting it lightly), and the highest selling LN without an anime adaptation. There's no doubt that its popularity will rise even farther with an anime adaptation. In fact, it might even outsell SAO.

Yeah, I can so totally see Madhouse getting burned if they make an anime original ending.
Assuming Madhouse throws all their pies into it...which for a single show at the start rather than a proven seller, is quite unlikely
Old 2013-10-14, 08:02   Link #6969
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It's like saying US has the most number of nuclear warheads and thus any conflict in the world is boring since she can just resolve it with a button.

No use arguing with people who sees this as merely a Shounen battle story with a pointlessly OP protagonist.
Exactly, power is the mean, not the end.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2013-10-14, 08:05   Link #6970
hakazee

Quote:
It is debatable that Maya wants to help him, let's not get to that now (I personally think she's hiding the siblings just for the sake of the Yotsuba).
of course Maya help him not for free. Maya use him as Weapon.
and She keep the secret for herself.
even Kuroba don't know tatsuya as weapon.

Quote:
After Tatsuya had left the drawing room Maya had been left lost in thought alone for a while, but at length she exhaled strongly and picked up the buzzer once more.

"Did you call?"

"I’d like a change of scenery. Please prepare tea in the solarium, and bring Miyuki-san and Tatsuya-san along."

The butler Hayama showed up immediately, and Maya dictated her wishes.

"Certainly."

that's after tatsuya destroy maya's night. she is angry ? i don't know.
even i'm not sure if maya still see him as family. but maybe......

Quote:
It's just as you say, he doesn't absolutely need any support, but it certainly makes his life and Miyuki's much easier. He now has the military behind him (though they only lend him a hand with military-related issues).
that's the point.

i just don't understand the need to conquer the World ?
Old 2013-10-14, 08:13   Link #6971
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
that's the point.

i just don't understand the need to conquer the World ?
That no need, but I assume he needs more power as well.
Old 2013-10-14, 08:26   Link #6972
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadvadindabad View Post
Spoiler for Code Geas:
I did not expect a happy ending, especially after watching season 1 and how depressive it was towards the end.
So as i had no expectations of it getting any less depressing on Season 2, i chose not to watch it, and seems it was a good decision.
Old 2013-10-14, 10:22   Link #6973
vadvadindabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
I did not expect a happy ending, especially after watching season 1 and how depressive it was towards the end.
So as i had no expectations of it getting any less depressing on Season 2, i chose not to watch it, and seems it was a good decision.
Oh sorry I mixed up you and hakazee
Old 2013-10-14, 12:29   Link #6974
Waxman

Tatsuya's power often produce comments like "if his sister dies he would destroy the world" or "if he were free of his limitation he wouldn't lose to anyone".
Tatsuya himself doesn't have intention of resolving his issues merely with brute force. @hakaze asked what goals Tats have, lets take the Yotsuba situationt, he doesn't plan on take every member on in epic battles, he developed the flying magic to help construct the stellar furnace (Gravity Control-type Thermonuclear Reactor) and builded it, he mentioned that even this impressive accomplishment was only a step in his plan to make magicians gain status as something other than humanoid weapons.
Yotsuba power come directly from the fact than their magicians are the most dangerous (they destroyed a country) but if Tatsuya fullfill his plan of making magic more necesary to economy than to military he would greatly reduce Yotsuba power and ultimately be free of them or at least deal with them more easily.
Old 2013-10-14, 13:29   Link #6975
J4n1

Tatsuya's plans: make/keep Miyuki happy
Old 2013-10-14, 17:39   Link #6976
Go10
Unlimited Manga Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
I find the ending really good tbh. Yeah lelouch didnt end with his sister, but he reached his goal : changed the world in a good way for his sister. Also, he ended with CC and will live forever, so all good :d

Concerning mahouka, i'm not annoyed at all by Tatsuya godlike power, itd be the contrary, it's kind of original to have such an OP mc.
Old 2013-10-14, 18:38   Link #6977
Quol
That Guy

I like how tatsuya is so over powered, you do not know how annoyed i get with the main character being a little wussy who cant even look at his own shadow without running behind a girl.

That being said just because tatsuya has a lot of power doesnt mean his problems can be solved. His main goal is for miyuki to be happy and for that reason he will limit himself, disgrace himself and hurt himself to stay with her. Its nice to find a shounen series where the guy doesnt get beat up and has a clear goal from the start
Old 2013-10-14, 19:34   Link #6978
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go10 View Post
I find the ending really good tbh. Yeah lelouch didnt end with his sister, but he reached his goal : changed the world in a good way for his sister. Also, he ended with CC and will live forever, so all good :d
As long as you don't think the driver is him, I will not disagree with the possibility that your stance is not incorrect.

Seriously, I've had a long and impassioned debate about this. It basically came down to "the driver's chin is too manly for him. He's got a girl's chin, but the driver's got a manly double-wide." (And yes, I did go frame by frame)
Old 2013-10-14, 20:35   Link #6979
pampz21
ShipCore

Rasen CC was talking to Lulu @ C no sekai!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-10-14, 20:38   Link #6980
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
As long as you don't think the driver is him, I will not disagree with the possibility that your stance is not incorrect.

Seriously, I've had a long and impassioned debate about this. It basically came down to "the driver's chin is too manly for him. He's got a girl's chin, but the driver's got a manly double-wide." (And yes, I did go frame by frame)
Okay, first of all, off-topic. Secondly, I'm surprised people still think about this .. considering the official R2 guidebook apparently states on numerous occasions that he's dead..

I wonder how people will react if Tatsuya dies at the end of this series .. which may happen because how can a "walking nuke" have a happy ending?

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings