Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

They seem to be cutting away a lot of non-essential, but fun parts. :<
Old 2013-10-20, 17:37   Link #482
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Well, at least they are hinting that Setsuna isn't as... well, innocent ... as her outward demeanour seem to indicate.

For those who watch plenty of romantic dramas, WA2 will be very familiar. Except we end up pitying all of the characters involved.
Old 2013-10-20, 19:41   Link #483
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
They seem to be cutting away a lot of non-essential, but fun parts. :<
I have mixed feelings about this adaptation.
at the very least they should have kept the teacher's office scene to stress out that Kazusa is the opposite of Setsuna or Haruki
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 23:46   Link #484
Ringil

I felt the artwork quality decreased a bit this episode. But, the final scene again was very solid: that smug look from Kazusa is just so awesome.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 00:27   Link #485
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Felt I should add my two cents in in congratulating the series. It's quite good so far. I really disliked season one, so I have been hesitant about it, but finally steamrolled the first three eps recently.
Old 2013-10-21, 01:18   Link #486
xdaboi

mmkk... this isnt so bad comparing it to the first 2 seasons...
xdaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 03:20   Link #487
Mentar
Banned

This isn't merely "not so bad" in my opinion, this is pretty fantastic

When I enjoy myself that much on a full-episode rewatch, and when I find enjoyable extra details I missed, things are good.

Example: The first "Setsuna meets Kazusa" scene. For example the fact that it's uncommon to have the "school idol" react this self-conscious in a height/bust comparison, especially her piqued "whoa" reaction on fixing her eyes on Kazusa's chestly goods. Has me in stitches every time I rewatch it.

Definitely the show I look forward to the most in this season. A pity that it seems to be relatively unknown in the English-watching circles.

Oh, one addition: I can't comment on the fanbase's disappointment on having certain scenes left out, since I haven't played the game myself. But so far, I'd say the characterizations are handled very well. Which scenes were cut that allegedly gave up a better insight?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 05:46   Link #488
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I really wonder where you had such impression, because many surveys and all indicate that having a relationship isn't the norm at all. Recently, even young people see relationships as troublesome, even prior starting their career.
Hmm I haven't seen about the survey, but that's what I got when chatting with some friends in japan... and at that time the one that had trouble was the relationship of going to marriage (well even until now it's still a problem there though)
well of course I didn't say that all people in Japan is like that
Not everyone have the same thinking, that's why I said it as a maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I have mixed feelings about this adaptation.
at the very least they should have kept the teacher's office scene to stress out that Kazusa is the opposite of Setsuna or Haruki
considering the teacher even got a name while Setsuna's parents were just Setsuna's mother and Setsuna's father... l thought they will at least get some parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
This isn't merely "not so bad" in my opinion, this is pretty fantastic

When I enjoy myself that much on a full-episode rewatch, and when I find enjoyable extra details I missed, things are good.

Example: The first "Setsuna meets Kazusa" scene. For example the fact that it's uncommon to have the "school idol" react this self-conscious in a height/bust comparison, especially her piqued "whoa" reaction on fixing her eyes on Kazusa's chestly goods. Has me in stitches every time I rewatch it.

Definitely the show I look forward to the most in this season. A pity that it seems to be relatively unknown in the English-watching circles.

Oh, one addition: I can't comment on the fanbase's disappointment on having certain scenes left out, since I haven't played the game myself. But so far, I'd say the characterizations are handled very well. Which scenes were cut that allegedly gave up a better insight?
I guess maybe its about Kazusa's thought of Setsuna for being a mortal enemy... The VN give more clear reason as to why Kazusa was really bad at handling Setsuna
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 06:54   Link #489
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Spoiler for maybe spoilers on game comparison:

Last edited by hyl; 2013-10-21 at 07:20.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 18:29   Link #490
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

The scolding part probably got skipped because it'd take some time, and that part is not really fun.

I can recall two fun but non-essential part that I really wish they had added:

The anime mentioned Kazusa's future plans. There was a scene in the game where Haruki made Kazusa fill a form that every studnent got, which asked about it. That scene really showed how ridiculously nosy Haruki can be.

The other one is the scene where Takahiro (Setsuna's brother, also coincidentally Haruki's voicer's name) and his mom were talking, when they were eavesdropping.
Spoiler for their discussion:

It's good to know though, that the show appears whole to the anime only folks.

Last edited by Free; 2013-10-21 at 18:41.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 19:21   Link #491
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
The scolding part probably got skipped because it'd take some time, and that part is not really fun.
well true, but I think just watching the anime, viewers MIGHT have the impression that she's this super cool elite music student that is basically another school idol like Setsuna

Not sure if I should spoiler this, since the anime implies this, but just in case:
Spoiler:

As, Haruki said, from everyone else's perspective she is "lazy, violent, and doesn't care much about anything"
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-21, 19:36   Link #492
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

That's true. Hopefully the show will create enough interest that the game/novel/manga would be translated to provide the whole story.
Old 2013-10-21, 19:41   Link #493
Key Board
Carbon

Wink

Oh, I did notice a few interesting hints in the anime, though

Episode 1
Kazusa reads Haruki's crumpled schedule note

Episode 3
You see a drum, a guitar case (Bass?) and a keyboard in Kazusa's music room.
Keep in mind this is her exclusive use room. Why are these things here?
She asked "what about the drummer? and the Bass?" To Haruki
She said "Wait I just wanted to.." to Haruki before she was cut off by Setsuna

Kazusa was already planning to help Haruki from the start. She was just being.. Kazusa about it.. xd
Old 2013-10-21, 19:47   Link #494
liro
Super Driver

^I wish she said "I-It's not like I wanted to h-help you or anything, baka."
Old 2013-10-22, 00:35   Link #495
Mazryonh

Quote:
The first "Setsuna meets Kazusa" scene. For example the fact that it's uncommon to have the "school idol" react this self-conscious in a height/bust comparison, especially her piqued "whoa" reaction on fixing her eyes on Kazusa's chestly goods. Has me in stitches every time I rewatch it.
Remember what they say about "there's always a bigger fish"? Kazusa may have the goods, but she doesn't promote them. And we're all flawed, some of us more than others.

It could be worse. The animators could have taken the route Yosuga no Sora took and given the heroines "Fan Service Packs" by increasing their bust sizes. Granted, YnS only upgraded those heroines who had chests to speak of already, but the anime designers went too far in my view for Motoka and Kazuha (compared to the original game's designs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Oh, I did notice a few interesting hints in the anime, though

Episode 1
Kazusa reads Haruki's crumpled schedule note

Kazusa was already planning to help Haruki from the start. She was just being.. Kazusa about it.. xd
This makes a plot hole; if Haruki was shown to have learned guitar from Kazusa earlier, than why didn't he ask her about joining his club sooner? And will we get an explanation as to why she didn't broach the subject of saving his club sooner?

There's something I'd love for the animators to make a reference to. Now that Kazusa has been shown to not be above physical violence in getting her way, I'd like to see the animators reference the following infamous role of Kazusa's seiyuu, Hitomi Nabatame, as To Aru Kagaku no Railgun's Dorm Supervisor:

It'd be pretty funny if Kazusa broke into shouting "ABESHU! HIDEBU! TAWABA!" during the course of the WA2 anime. I mean, Amagami SS was free to reference an earlier role of Shizuka Itou's, by having her character Haruka Morishima go "Muu muu muu" when she's thinking, something they imported from her role as Wilhelmina Carmel from Shakugan no Shana. The animators for WA2 could do the same for Hitomi Nabatame.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 06:47   Link #496
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post
^I wish she said "I-It's not like I wanted to h-help you or anything, baka."
If she had said THAT, it wouldn't be Kazusa. Thank god that she is NOT merely another tsundere carbon copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
This makes a plot hole; if Haruki was shown to have learned guitar from Kazusa earlier, than why didn't he ask her about joining his club sooner? And will we get an explanation as to why she didn't broach the subject of saving his club sooner?
Where's the hole? Haruki didn't need another guitarist, he wanted that one special piano player that accompanied him along, to go with Setsuna's voice. And in fact, he only showed any real interest in "saving the club" once he heard Setsuna sing. That's also why Kazusa didn't act on it earlier - why should she bother when he didn't care?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 08:10   Link #497
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
If she had said THAT, it wouldn't be Kazusa. Thank god that she is NOT merely another tsundere carbon copy.
Or a Senjougahara clone for that matter... She's claims to be a tsundere, but she's a kuudere in reality.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 21:06   Link #498
ariadust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Or a Senjougahara clone for that matter... She's claims to be a tsundere, but she's a kuudere in reality.
Kazusa is nothing like Senjougahara......
ariadust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 22:08   Link #499
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I enjoyed the third episode. Didn't have as much impact as the first two, but the development was solid throughout. What a tough father. I'm glad my parents aren't like that.

Also, I agree with Mentar and everyone that this is panning out to be a great series. The characters are all solid and it flows well. The girls seem to have many layers to them too, which is nice if you ask me. Simple heroines make simple stories and simple stories can be boring.

Looking forward to the next episode. Still don't know which girl to root for. I like them both so I wish we'd get an omnibus at some point. Really like that approach to adaptations.
Old 2013-10-23, 00:08   Link #500
Key Board
Carbon

http://fixrecords.com/20131020_1/

First music CD of the anime is revealed.
Following the pattern of the game it seems the the first CD will be Kazusa's Piano Songs

The only anime original song on that track is Powder Snow
which I'm pretty sure haven't been used yet. (It's probably going to be used in the last episdoes)

Those of you who watched the first White Album anime might remember what that song is
And hose of you who might want to refresh your memory, go to CrunchyRoll site WhiteAlbum episode 26
Minute 330

Do not youtube it. You might run into WhiteALbum2 spoilers

//

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical