AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-01, 15:05   Link #9861
Aquaman OS

Difference is Star Trek shows are in the same universe, but are usually later on, and featuring a different cast, although old characters might occasionally pop up for a guest appearance. DS9 was the only rare exception where two major TNG regulars were also major regulars on DS9.

Unicorn is something similar, since the majority of the cast are new characters and older characters only made a rare guest appearance (Bright I think was only in 2 of the 7 OVAs and in a minor role at that). But not MSG to Zeta where many MSG return in regular roles, and especially not Seed to Destiny where practically the entire survining former cast return in a major capacity that rivals or even overshadows new characters.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 16:54   Link #9862
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
I was being sarcastic. Trailblazer's ending was really weird. The Alien Flower and Metal Setsuna and Alien Quanta was quite off-setting. Everything was pretty stupid imho with the aliens.

But that's 00 and not CE.
Off topic but the ending (what you mentioned) made sense. Well at least in Japan, the flower was a cultural thing (some sort of peace symbol) so we westerners had no idea what it meant. ELS Setsuna made sense, he is more or less the diplomat of the universe with the Quanta so they prolonged his life by ELSing him. Upgrading the Quanta came naturally with that

On the subject of Destiny's sequel:

I dont think its possible to do a sequel with the way they ended it. I would like something like the Rebuild of Evangelion though, a set of movies which retell the story (Using plots along the lines of the SRW games)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 20:23   Link #9863
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Problem is if they have a 3rd destructive war it means Durandal was right and Kira and Lacus were wrong, and I doubt the staff would do that after Destiny.

I think aliens was the next step, but 00 beat them to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
This would make sense, since GSD was intended to be CE's version of Zeta.

Much like how Scirocco screwed over Kamille (in the original TV version), Durandal being proven right may mean that Durandal screwed over Kira and Lacus.

My interpretation is that Durandal forced them to fight again, when all they wanted to do is live in peace.
Kira already know that there will be another war he even prepared for it.

Basically he said he would rather to have world with war but free will than
peaceful world of machines.
(control DNA)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 20:27   Link #9864
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The problem is that Destiny already gutted one side of the conflict and Durandal eliminated the other half. You have Lacus in control of ZAFT, and unlike Zala and Durandal she won't go to war immediately, especially with an enforcer like Kira on her side, and the EA's already lost its leadership and LOGOS is out of the picture, leaving it open for better leadership. Not to mention ORB and such.

They'd need to create a new villain, likely on EA's side of things (again), and there's only so many ways you can do the same war before viewers get sick of it.
Old 2013-11-01, 21:27   Link #9865
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The problem is that Destiny already gutted one side of the conflict and Durandal eliminated the other half. You have Lacus in control of ZAFT, and unlike Zala and Durandal she won't go to war immediately, especially with an enforcer like Kira on her side, and the EA's already lost its leadership and LOGOS is out of the picture, leaving it open for better leadership. Not to mention ORB and such.

They'd need to create a new villain, likely on EA's side of things (again), and there's only so many ways you can do the same war before viewers get sick of it.
Or maybe they finally make Lacus and Kira the real bad guys and have a new protag go and defeat them. Like how GSD was supposed to be.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-01, 22:06   Link #9866
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yes, I'm not that good with English phrases.

I still count ZZ as a direct sequel to Zeta coz it's still has Bright and his Argama crew and also Haman Karn. Those two are prominent in Zeta. Plus, even though he's not the MC anymore, the story in ZZ still directly involve Camille (at least in the early eps). Remember the scene where Judau being touched by the mentally-broken-down Camille and experienced the Newtype sensation? I think that's Tomino's way of "passing the torch" of Gundam MC from Camille to Judau (thus, a direct sequel).

As for Unicorn: Bright is still there along with Char's clone who still has the real one's memory of the climactic event in CCA. You can even add Mineva, Kai, Beltorchika and that Argama's doctor from the previous series who appeared and had minor roles.

That is so unlike Star Trek TNG & Voyager.

Like I said, Stargazer happened after SEED in terms of timeline. But just like my comparison before, Stargazer is not a direct sequel to SEED, just like Voyager is not a direct sequel to TNG.

And I think I'll stop talking about Star Trek now since this is not the place and you said it yourself that you're not a Trekkie (have you watched the entirety of TNG & Voyager?). So, yeah.
Yea, I didn't watch everything. So I'll defer to your judgement.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 22:10   Link #9867
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:

Well I'm sure there are other factions in the CE universe. There's a lot of material in Astray.

Mars built its own Gundam for example. There may even be other colonies in the solar system. CE has a lot of potential actually. It's just poorly utilized.

I think it would be best to have a CE sequel without Kira, Athrun or Shinn with a new protagonist and the three having cameos. Like ZZ in UC.

Then they could have CE's version of CCA for them.
Old 2013-11-01, 23:08   Link #9868
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
Well I'm sure there are other factions in the CE universe. There's a lot of material in Astray.

Mars built its own Gundam for example. There may even be other colonies in the solar system. CE has a lot of potential actually. It's just poorly utilized.

I think it would be best to have a CE sequel without Kira, Athrun or Shinn with a new protagonist and the three having cameos. Like ZZ in UC.

Then they could have CE's version of CCA for them.
The only remaining large faction would be the Mars Colony... who pretty much just want to be left alone, having left the Earth Sphere to get away from their wars. All other factions are too small or factions-within-factions. None of them can really cause a full-scale war unless they triggered it to happen between ZAFT and EA... which, again, been done to death.
Old 2013-11-02, 00:00   Link #9869
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
The only remaining large faction would be the Mars Colony... who pretty much just want to be left alone, having left the Earth Sphere to get away from their wars. All other factions are too small or factions-within-factions. None of them can really cause a full-scale war unless they triggered it to happen between ZAFT and EA... which, again, been done to death.
I'm pretty sure they can just create a new faction if they wanted to. Look at UC and the endless Zeons.

I mean if there isn't stuff, you can just make it up. It's not like everything in CE has been explained anyway.

Maybe have a third faction that wants to destroy both ZAFT and Earth and everybody has to team up to beat the third faction. Idk, but I'm sure people can be imaginative. It is fiction after all.

Besides UC is basically EF vs Zeon or a variant of it, so it's been there from the beginning.
Old 2013-11-02, 00:00   Link #9870
Washu-Chan