AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-10, 13:35   Link #401
molitar

Ugg... this episode.. damn traitor Ludger! He could of just left or gave a warning but doesn't feel a bit of damn remorse sic'd them on woman and children just trying to survive! Yes I would of went right for the basement by the time they got there. It was quite deep and probably was there only chance to survive!

Now we are getting an inkling of what Galileo's inheritance is... Just look what that necklace was able to do it absorbed the explosion into itself. If it can contain that kind of power what type of weapon could it become if that power was unleashed? This inheritance was probably suppose to have been a power source but he realized what potential it would be as a weapon so he hid it.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 19:21   Link #402
Tranhieu

Why go to such lengths searching for the telescope while it's raining shells? They should have searched for some shelter instead.

It's not like I'm expecting logic from an anime but it's kinda annoying to see characters dying unreasonably. I'm fine with them dying but at least make it more believable.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 21:13   Link #403
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Ugg... this episode.. damn traitor Ludger! He could of just left or gave a warning but doesn't feel a bit of damn remorse sic'd them on woman and children just trying to survive! Yes I would of went right for the basement by the time they got there. It was quite deep and probably was there only chance to survive!
If you call being buried alive in the dark "survive". Not a nice way to go.

But yes, they should have tried to leave anyway.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 21:56   Link #404
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I'm not sure Karen was mobile enough to get to the basement or anywhere else. She already had a bad right leg, and then the flying glass hit her in the left leg.

And of course she would go searching for the telescope. It's not logical, but it's very human.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 11:41   Link #405
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

somehow miss this mecha show. manage to catch up in single sitting. quite nice setting and plot so far

have this free signature

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 15:15   Link #406
Kazu-kun

I found something interesting.

Quote:
Strange as it is, there is a reason for the goldfish. In the 1620's the goldfish were seen as a symbol of status in southern Europe because they symbolize good luck, fortune and because of their metallic scales. It was tradition that the husband would give their wife a goldfish as a gift during their first anniversary as a sign of continued happiness.
Pretty fitting with the quotes that Hozuki have deciphered.
Old 2013-11-14, 11:22   Link #407
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 17:21   Link #408
Algent

I really didn't like today's episode, it was full of clichés and absurdly dumb situations.

Like one sec the Italian guy is captured and the next time we see him he start randomly shooting patients in the hospital while not even being threatened by any of the pirates like earlier.
All of this lack of credibility can is getting really frustrating to watch.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 17:42   Link #409
Kazu-kun

I thought it was a pretty good episodes. Yeah, some things don't make a lot of sense, but who cares. The characters make sense, and the whole thing in the hospital was pretty dramatic which is always a plus. All in all, I liked it.
Old 2013-11-14, 18:26   Link #410
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought this week's episode was pretty boring. I was disappointed they didn't follow up on the previous episode. I would have liked them to explore Hozuki's feelings more. There was no time for her to reflect since she was too busy worrying about her sick older sister (how did she get so sick in the first place? They made it seem like she would die if they didn't get her medicine)

The Roberto parts were ridiculous. Both the flashbacks and his shooting at the hospital.
Old 2013-11-14, 19:28   Link #411
Theo

Galilei Donna, you finally went full retard. Coppelion achieved this back in episode 4, but you're gunning for that 1st place with this episode!

Everyone coincidentally meets in the same fucking hospital. Didn't take the mini-doctor and now she's sick and needs medicine, genius! Pirates with guns not shooting the guy just going apeshit mass murderer on people. Magical amulet that can shield people, control the weather, knock people unconscious, and teleport them to different rooms. Suit not simply picking up another gun and killing Final Fantasy.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 19:33   Link #412
Tenzen12

I think you are watching wrong show. It will be same until end, so while you can complain, it's also ONLY think you can do. If you want waste your energy feel free do so.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 20:05   Link #413
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I thought the whole "they were in a church the whole time" twist from episode 5 was silly, but this takes the cake. There are good ways to make an despicable villain who has a tragic past, but just making him singlehandedly unload a pistol on several innocent people like that is downright groan-inducing. It just makes him look edgy as hell, like wounds that won't heal are crawling in his skin. Let's not forget how there were armed pirates all around him either.

Yeah, and I agree that Hozuki's magic necklace power feels out of place in an otherwise sci-fi anime. That was far from the worst part of the episode, though.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 20:21   Link #414
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
I really didn't like today's episode, it was full of clichés and absurdly dumb situations.

Like one sec the Italian guy is captured and the next time we see him he start randomly shooting patients in the hospital while not even being threatened by any of the pirates like earlier.
All of this lack of credibility can is getting really frustrating to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought this week's episode was pretty boring. I was disappointed they didn't follow up on the previous episode. I would have liked them to explore Hozuki's feelings more. There was no time for her to reflect since she was too busy worrying about her sick older sister (how did she get so sick in the first place? They made it seem like she would die if they didn't get her medicine)

The Roberto parts were ridiculous. Both the flashbacks and his shooting at the hospital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Galilei Donna, you finally went full retard. Coppelion achieved this back in episode 4, but you're gunning for that 1st place with this episode!

Everyone coincidentally meets in the same fucking hospital. Didn't take the mini-doctor and now she's sick and needs medicine, genius! Pirates with guns not shooting the guy just going apeshit mass murderer on people. Magical amulet that can shield people, control the weather, knock people unconscious, and teleport them to different rooms. Suit not simply picking up another gun and killing Final Fantasy.
It's pretty bad to think that this week's episode of Coppelion was more believable (or should I say, less absurd?) than the ridiculous fare that the writers of Galilei Donna treated us to this week. I was almost thinking that this show was like riding a see-saw, up one week and down the next, but it's really more like a train wreck.

First, they spent an ungodly amount of time trying to make us empathize with a character we will (or should) end up hating in the same episode.

Next, I actually had to go back and watch the end of the last episode to make sure I didn't miss anything. I was right. At the end of the last episode, Hazuki appeared to be perfectly healthy and, indeed, seemed to be at the controls of the Big Fish for part of the episode. So, did I miss an episode? Or did the writer's skip an episode? Or was there simply a time skip in which Hazuki caught some kind of episode-long cold? My mind boggles.

The whole hospital show was, what's the word I'm looking for? Oh, yes, stupid. As mentioned above, it was full of ridiculous and unbelievable situations. Like the sisters conveniently just happened to go to a hosipital that the pirates have taken over as their own. It's getting to be like the typical Popeye cartoon where Popeye (the sisters) runs into Bluto (the pirates) and have a fight over Olive Oyl (victim of the week). It makes me wonder if this is supposed to be a dark comedy, since the episode really was a barrel of laughs.

If I was the head writer of that methodical maniacal murder of innocent patients and unresponsive armed pirates standing by doing nothing scene, I'd be pretty embarrassed just about now. How very unbelievably absurd. I hope the writers aren't expecting anyone to take this show seriously.

I think the moderators oughta add "comedy" to this series tag list.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 21:22   Link #415
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
First, they spent an ungodly amount of time trying to make us empathize with a character we will (or should) end up hating in the same episode.
I don't think so. They just gave him a backstory so we can understand what makes him tick. That's all.

Quote:
Next, I actually had to go back and watch the end of the last episode to make sure I didn't miss anything. I was right. At the end of the last episode, Hazuki appeared to be perfectly healthy
No, in episode 5 she does mention she isn't feeling well.
Quote:
The whole hospital show was, what's the word I'm looking for? Oh, yes, stupid. As mentioned above, it was full of ridiculous and unbelievable situations. Like the sisters conveniently just happened to go to a hosipital that the pirates have taken over as their own.
Both the pirates and Roberto have been tracking the girls down, and Roberto even had Anna as spy. Considering that, chances are they're always flying in the same area as the girls, which makes the encounter a bit more plausible.

Quote:
If I was the head writer of that methodical maniacal murder of innocent patients and unresponsive armed pirates standing by doing nothing scene, I'd be pretty embarrassed just about now. How very unbelievably absurd. I hope the writers aren't expecting anyone to take this show seriously.
Roberto had one of the pirates as meat shield. What was Cicinho supposed to do?
Old 2013-11-14, 22:09   Link #416
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think so. They just gave him a backstory so we can understand what makes him tick. That's all.
Should we take a vote to see if anyone even cares? Whoopee-doo! Evil villain has a tragic past. I can see him getting acquitted by a jury of bleeding-heart liberals, "It wasn't my fault! I had a horrible childhood! I'm not responsible!" I'd rather watch paint dry.

Quote:
Roberto had one of the pirates as meat shield. What was Cicinho supposed to do?
Duh! While the madman is willy-nilly shooting patients in the head, why not take a pop shot at him? Or would you personally rather see Roberto kill all the patients, then kill the meat shield, which he most certainly would have done, then go after the other pirates, Anna and the sisters?

I had more to say, but I just can't be bothered. This episode was so ridiculously stupid I don't have any interest in discussing it any more. But I will be back next week to see how absurdly stupid the next episode is. By the end of the series, it might even become my favorite comedy of the week.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 22:58   Link #417
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Roberto:

Cicinho seems cooler now
Old 2013-11-15, 00:27   Link #418
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I don't know... Roberto is kind of nuts, but I don't see anything wrong with how he killed those people. In fact, I agree with him. Not the whole "I'm the messenger of the world" thing, but with the "most people are shit who don't deserve to live" part.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 01:33   Link #419
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm... actually very surprised to see such a strongly negative reaction to Episode 6.

Granted, I also found it a bit disappointing that Theo's death received no follow-up whatsoever, but other than that, I thought that Episode 6 was a very good episode.

I think some people have the wrong idea about this show. Perhaps the ending to Episode 5 made viewers think that the show was going all super-serious grimdark. But no, I don't think that's where the show is going. It's just that the show is getting more "edgy" and high-octane and emotional.

This show basically has the same sensibilities as Valvrave the Liberator. If you look at the frequent convenient but flashy contrivances, the "edgy" characterization, the highly imaginative/non-realistic mechas, the explosive action scenes... It's very clear to me that this show has the same spirit that Valvrave does.

Granted, I don't think it's quite as good as Valvrave, but it's aiming for the same sort of over-the-top fabulousness captured in a wild ride of a plot. Sometimes it pulls it off, sometimes it's just silly. But in any event, if you approach this show as being Valvrave-esque, I think it'll be easier to roll with all of the contrivances and "excessive" characterization.

One thing I like about some of the characterization is how it comes across to me as neat spins on other anime characters that I like.

Roberto makes me think of Big O's Roger Smith gone totally cynical, dark, and seemingly evil. If Roger Smith is Batman, then Roberto Materrazzi is Owlman. I think his backstory, and murderous ruthlessness, is perfect for a role like that.

Hozuki increasingly makes me think of Madoka Magica's Kaname Madoka, just with a more scientifically-oriented mind. But the idealism, the hopefulness, the friendliness, the caring, the slight awkwardness, and the loli-ness of both characters is quite similar, imo.

Roberto's short fight with Cicinho was full of great machismo and style. Here is a case where aiming for fabulousness paid off for this show.

And the idealistic Madoka-esque Hozuki tackling totally cynical Owlman-esque Roberto was a great scene. Roberto is now effectively setup to be a great ideological rival for Hozuki. The two could not be any more different in their worldviews, so there's great potential there for further conflict between the two.

So there you go. Some positive comments for an episode that I thought was excellent fun, and emotionally compelling.
Old 2013-11-15, 01:47   Link #420
Tenzen12

While I agree with your point, I don't think GG deserve to be compared to something so bad as Valvrave. Better comparison would be Baccano (though of course that one is in completely different lague)
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, sci-fi, unintentional comedy