AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 17 28.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 35.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 23.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-14, 16:41   Link #21
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgilTheart View Post
Eh, I don't think Mako was all that weak-minded, at least in comparison to the rest of her family.

She didn't particularly like what she was doing, she was just doing it because she wanted to keep her family (including Ryuuko) happy. When she realized that they had stopped being happy and had become so selfish that they were willing to let her kill her own best friend (the person who helped them get there in the first place), she stopped and made the right call.
I meant comparing to Ryuko that was why I said Ryuko was the one who really shined in this episode.
Old 2013-11-14, 17:00   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Two Star uniform Mako kicked all sorts of ass. It's a shame she didn't keep it, I would have loved to see her fight alongside Ryuko. The problem is that she would have completely stolen the spotlight. Hell, she was already doing that even before she became a competent fighter.

This episode did a great job showcasing how Honnouji's system works, and how easy it is to get entangled in it. Mako's family fell head first into the trap. I lost what little respect I had for them, genuinely good people wouldn't have been corrupted by luxury. Thankfully, Mako was different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
more like a JoJo reference, isn't just a normal Banchou reference? or did she use a JoJo super move?
You're right, it's just a banchou reference. The uniform is more similar to the classic banchou outfit than Jotaro's uniform (Jotaro has no geta). If it was a Jojo reference they would have at least had her yell ORA ORA while punching Ryuko.
Old 2013-11-14, 17:11   Link #23
VirgilTheart
One Very Sexy Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Two Star uniform Mako kicked all sorts of ass. It's a shame she didn't keep it, I would have loved to see her fight alongside Ryuko. The problem is that she would have completely stolen the spotlight. Hell, she was already doing that even before she became a competent fighter.

This episode did a great job showcasing how Honnouji's system works, and how easy it is to get entangled in it. Mako's family fell head first into the trap. I lost what little respect I had for them, genuinely good people wouldn't have been corrupted by luxury. Thankfully, Mako was different.
Oh I'm pretty sure we're going to see Mako wear that uniform again in the future, if not, it'll be something similar. But yeah, I do wish we could have seen Mako fight more in this episode.
Old 2013-11-14, 17:26   Link #24
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Talking

THIS FUCKING EPISODE! 1000000000/10
Images
MAKOOOOOOOO
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I already loved Mako a ton for being an awesome friend, but after the events of this episode...just damn most bro character in a while. I hope she joins Nudist Beach sometime later and learns how to fight with their equipment/techniques.

Got to hand it to Satsuki for what she did there.

Can't wait to see Gamagoori drive though.
Old 2013-11-14, 17:58   Link #25
neshru

Can't blame Mako for acting like a bitch after Ryuko dumped all the paperwork on her like a bitch. Her family was just disgusting though, lol.
Old 2013-11-14, 18:47   Link #26
VampirePaladin

I love that little smile Satsuki had when Ryuko said she was wrong about everyone being pigs in clothing.
Old 2013-11-14, 19:25   Link #27
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Okay, this episode managed to make me fully like Mako. It's a shame she had to give up her banchou suit though, she was damn badass in it, but I guess it only makes sense to in order to set everything right again.

Just hoping this isn't a one-time thing and she doesn't go back to being only moral support for Ryuuko for the rest of the series. I'd like to see her fight again.~
Old 2013-11-14, 19:32   Link #28
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

I'm also bummed that Mako had to give up her Goku Uniform at the end.

They need to give her a Kamui.
Old 2013-11-14, 19:41   Link #29
HandofFate

Even other two-star Goku uniforms didn't seem to have the power Mako had, she seems to have huge hidden potential.

Enjoyable episode, thought it was just going to be a fool-around episode like the "Don't be late" episode, but the narrative ended up being really strong and was a lesson in humanity.
Old 2013-11-14, 20:09   Link #30
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampirePaladin View Post
I love that little smile Satsuki had when Ryuko said she was wrong about everyone being pigs in clothing.
Makes me think there really isn't any true "hostility" She's only testing her.
Old 2013-11-14, 20:13   Link #31
LightDragonman

Satsuki is truly a Magnificent Bastard. :P

Also, I loved the message that this episode had; that all the material wealth and status in the world means little without love and compassion for your family and friends.

Course, they may be because I'm religious. XD
Old 2013-11-14, 20:33   Link #32
Iron Maw
Banned

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, huh.

This definitely felt like one those self contained Aesop episodes that were more common in various US cartoons in the 90s. Not a bad episode due to giving Mako some character development, but on whole I enjoyed last week better. I too also would have preferred Mako had kept her Two-Star uniform and move on from just being a support character, but in keeping with symbolism it made sense to destroy it.

Next looks like it will be more interesting, so I'm looking forward to that.
Old 2013-11-14, 20:55   Link #33
Destined_Fate

She destroyed it because she's destined for a Kamui!
Old 2013-11-14, 20:56   Link #34
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Unfortunately a Kamui will never look as badass as that banchou Goku Uniform did.
Old 2013-11-14, 21:16   Link #35
VirgilTheart
One Very Sexy Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Unfortunately a Kamui will never look as badass as that banchou Goku Uniform did.
I dunno. I think Mako could get a Kamui-fied version of her banchou outfit.
Old 2013-11-14, 22:26   Link #36
immblueversion

This was indeed a much more meaty episode than any of us were probably expecting. Possibly one of Kill la Kill's finest, apart from Ryuko's somewhat dickish decision to make Mako the president so she wouldn't have to do all that paperwork, good intentions and all.

The fact you don't owe up to your actions is why Mako will always be best character, Ryuko my girl.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2013-11-14, 22:41   Link #37
DorkingtonPugsly

Enjoyed this one a lot. Man the awesome ost really shined today, makes me want it more.
Old 2013-11-14, 22:42   Link #38
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Enjoyed this one a lot. Man the awesome ost really shined today, makes me want it more.
Yeah. Kind of a weekly thing for me, but can't be said enough how good the OST is. Sawano chose wisely if he was choosing between this or Nintendo's X to put effort into.
Old 2013-11-14, 22:46   Link #39
BoyTitan

Facts I have from this episode 1 Kirin is not bad she could have killed Matoi with out her suit the only reason she took the suit was the first step in showing her how to use it. 1 could argue threw all this she has just been helping people become better human beings like Matoi, Mako, The 3 star general who relied to much on his site.

2 The reason Mako was so powerful is because the life fibers draw out the users ability's she has very high potential not saying she has more than Matoi tho Matoi has a ton of potential by the fact she can use 100% life fibers at that even use them wrongly and live she just has no clue how to use her power which is understandable.

3 That out fit was way to bad ass for a 1 time appearance better make a comeback best looking goku uniform in this series so far.
Old 2013-11-14, 23:07   Link #40
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Moving on up to the east side finely going to get a piece of the pie