Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-14, 14:48   Link #301
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I think there's also a possibility that it won't do anything at all, since the choices ignore all laws of physics.
Considering the choices ignore all natural laws I'd think there is even more of a chance that it'd do something. We've already seen that hesitation leads to intense and painful headaches. Even after clearing the teacher is hit by headaches if she tries to talk about things she's not allowed to. No reason not to assume that severe consequences would result from attempting to bypass the choices.

At the very least we have more reason to believe something bad would happen than something wouldn't happen.
Old 2013-11-14, 16:07   Link #302
erdii

the silicone part was good, it is first time I saw it in anime Yukihira's moment was good but white pig was more interesting especially pig language
Old 2013-11-14, 20:21   Link #303
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

I gotta say, those are one heavenly breasts even if they are silicone but it still looks tempting to look at, right?
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 23:12   Link #304
HandofFate

laughed at the "Every girl likes cute things and homos" line.
the subgroup used homos, but did she actually say that, or just said BL?
Old 2013-11-14, 23:17   Link #305
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Everyone! Let's have a moment of silence for Kanade losing not only his memories of Yukihira's cute side, but for his Path to Being a Philosopher folder - his treasure. Kanade, how I grieve for you!

Anyways, I have to say finally an anime that gets you questioning about a certain heroines bust length. Is that silicon? If is it who cares, but at least it's nice to wrap your head around that in a series with its considerable doses of WTF's it throws at you in every direction.

The secret ending if he chooses to extend his name felt like a freaking troll. How I felt for this dude, seriously.
Old 2013-11-15, 01:32   Link #306
omega253

Y'know, I realized something a while back.

To date, Kanade has only chosen Option B twice.

Episode 5: he said 'Tits, tits' instead of 'tsk, tsk' while pinching his nipples.

Episode 6: he lost his memory of Furano's Dere Dere side and his folder full of 'philosophy'.

The poor bastard just can't get a break, now, can he?

If Kanade gets an honest-to-goodness harem ending, it will be wholly and well-deserved after the crap that the 'Absolute Choice' put him through.

Also, I just remembered something from the next episode's title.

The second option went something like: "Seira, don't make me take my clothes off."

Oh shit, the chaos will be delightfuuuuuuulllllll!!!

I wonder if we will actually see Seira get flustered, though. It happened to Ouka, so why not?
Old 2013-11-15, 02:26   Link #307
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
laughed at the "Every girl likes cute things and homos" line.
the subgroup used homos, but did she actually say that, or just said BL?
She said "Kawaii mono to HOMO ga kirai na joshi nante imasen", which would most precisely translate as "There's not a girl out there who hates cute things and homos."
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 05:53   Link #308
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

This show. So effin' random .

Someone is complaining about Yukihira's cute side, but I'm kinda okay with it, as long as she learns to reconcile it with her snarkiness. It's not unusual for socially awkward people to hide their own emotional insecurity behind a snarky/scornful facade, but that still is part of their charm sometimes, so she should just find a good compromise between the two.

One thing that I love anyway is how this show is actually no harem at all. Despite all that happens, Kanade's thoughts are entirely elsewhere - he has to put up with so much shit (some of which requires him to be absolutely shameless around girls) that he doesn't really care about having a girlfriend (probably thinks he wouldn't be able to keep her at this rate anyway), and he's actually behaving quite well around girls. On the other hand, most girls on the cast seem to honestly consider him just a good friend. Yukihira is the only one who probably has romantic feelings for him. In the end, the "romcom" aspect of this anime might resolve in the tamest, purest, most monogamous possible way - with Kanade getting together with Yukihira. They'd be cute together .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 17:26   Link #309
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
This show. So effin' random .

Someone is complaining about Yukihira's cute side, but I'm kinda okay with it, as long as she learns to reconcile it with her snarkiness. It's not unusual for socially awkward people to hide their own emotional insecurity behind a snarky/scornful facade, but that still is part of their charm sometimes, so she should just find a good compromise between the two.

One thing that I love anyway is how this show is actually no harem at all. Despite all that happens, Kanade's thoughts are entirely elsewhere - he has to put up with so much shit (some of which requires him to be absolutely shameless around girls) that he doesn't really care about having a girlfriend (probably thinks he wouldn't be able to keep her at this rate anyway), and he's actually behaving quite well around girls. On the other hand, most girls on the cast seem to honestly consider him just a good friend. Yukihira is the only one who probably has romantic feelings for him. In the end, the "romcom" aspect of this anime might resolve in the tamest, purest, most monogamous possible way - with Kanade getting together with Yukihira. They'd be cute together .
i'm not full agree because both chocolat and oka also shwoed some signs specially chocolat, we can say who she already somehow also in love with him but due to her airmind and dense she just unaware of "what is love", while oka in other side we can see who she also have her "cute" and shy side, when kanade see her pants she was the first to scream and run before her friend can do this, this show is obvious about mc and the 3 girls i thing is more like "this anime arc" is about helping yukihira in accept herself full and exactly break the shell, this need the help of kanade and the others peoples around her.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 23:19   Link #310
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Liking the series, but getting tired of him forgetting about Yukihira's emotions. It was humorous the first time, now it's annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
my same concern here on first time was funny but turn this in a recurring gag for the sake of plot is annoying.
I believe you are missing the point here. All the characters are supposed to take jabs at anime stereotypes. In Yukihira's case, the writer is being sarcastic about amnesia, relationship restart, and the like that are prevalent plot devices in rom-coms.

As for the 6th episode, the jokes had really well thought of double meanings and the level of sarcasm was really something else, even compared to the previous episodes.
Old 2013-11-18, 08:55   Link #311
Seiryuu

I don't mind making jabs at common tropes, I just hope they do a couple things. First, they need to let him fall in love with one of the girls (and preferably ONLY one). Preferably the girl somewhat suggested in the opening. Second, they need to let him escape from this insanity, or find a way to gain a bit more control of the choices so he can avoid making a perverse fool of himself every single day.

One thing just occurred to me. When Ayame told Kanade that he just needed to stop being such a perv to get the girls to like him, I seriously wish he'd said "I don't want to hear that from a girl who's sitting on a gagged, panting M", or something to that obvious effect.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 09:19   Link #312
Seihai
スマイリウム

+ Butt lover-kun
+ Yawakaze's "I like you" = heart attack
+ Ayame's misunderstanding and willingness to service Amakusa
+ "S-such obscene moves!"
+ White piggy's cuteness, white piggy's onii-chan communication, white piggy rolling down the street, white piggy vibrating obscenly with Yukihira on top
+ Yukihira for being so hnnghh

- R.I.P The Path to Being a Philosopher
- I kinda missed Chocolat's wogginess but that's just me
Old 2013-11-18, 09:39   Link #313
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Everyone! Let's have a moment of silence for Kanade losing not only his memories of Yukihira's cute side, but for his Path to Being a Philosopher folder - his treasure. Kanade, how I grieve for you!

Anyways, I have to say finally an anime that gets you questioning about a certain heroines bust length. Is that silicon? If is it who cares, but at least it's nice to wrap your head around that in a series with its considerable doses of WTF's it throws at you in every direction.

The secret ending if he chooses to extend his name felt like a freaking troll. How I felt for this dude, seriously.
Certainly made one heck of a sacrifice in that episode. Felt for him for the fact that he doesn't even know he did anything. Nothing like taking a big hit and not realizing why the results are the way they are. The only concrete thing he knows is that his folder has vanished. Of course glad he made that call. Yukihira would have been seriously hurt and might have dove even deeper into her shell if she realized he was in that pig.

The whole silicon thing was good fun. While a bit crazy to think someone her age actually went ahead and got some, children of rich people do crazy things so I didn't think much about it. A pretty fun bomb to drop though .

At the end of every episode I realize just how close this guy comes to disaster. In his position I'd probably have died from headaches being unable to bring myself to do the things he does.
Old 2013-11-18, 13:42   Link #314
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
I believe you are missing the point here. All the characters are supposed to take jabs at anime stereotypes. In Yukihira's case, the writer is being sarcastic about amnesia, relationship restart, and the like that are prevalent plot devices in rom-coms.
Doing the exact same thing seriously isn't taking a jab.

A real parody is Ayame's breasts turning out to be implants.

Unlike Ayame, Furano's relationship with Kaname was developed with a serious tone, which made the reset more of a shameless plot device to maintain the status quo than a parody.

That said, I think Kaname's Absolute Choices curse in general is a jab at harem protagonists being indecisive. Since he won't make up his mind, the curse will make him.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 19:12   Link #315
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Doing the exact same thing seriously isn't taking a jab.

A real parody is Ayame's breasts turning out to be implants.

Unlike Ayame, Furano's relationship with Kaname was developed with a serious tone, which made the reset more of a shameless plot device to maintain the status quo than a parody.
These are not mutually exclusive. You can have serious character development hand in hand with sarcastic humor (including self-sarcasm) about the storytelling mechanics.
Old 2013-11-18, 19:43   Link #316
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
These are not mutually exclusive. You can have serious character development hand in hand with sarcastic humor (including self-sarcasm) about the storytelling mechanics.
Maybe, but I do agree with the point that doing the exact same thing isn't much of a jab. It's just doing the same thing in a different way. Rather than making fun of the cliche itself, I think they just like using the cliche for the sake of keeping the story going.
Old 2013-11-18, 21:00   Link #317
Shadow5YA

Quote:
But it wasn't sarcastic. They didn't poke any fun at Kaname forgetting Yukihara's soft side. It just happened and he brushed it off just like that.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 00:15   Link #318
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
But it wasn't sarcastic. They didn't poke any fun at Kaname forgetting Yukihara's soft side. It just happened and he brushed it off just like that.
Jokes are not a hit with everyone.
Old 2013-11-20, 12:23   Link #319
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 14:44   Link #320
ellessarr
Banned

Spoiler for episode 7:
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, school