AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-02-04, 20:38   Link #161
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Post Bug Eyed .... 'Yosh'

Usually I watch anime like I watch any other tv show or movies.The only difference is 1 feet . HUH ? I hate dubbed anime so generally avoid watching that with subs I have to be 1 or 2 feet away from my monitor... But who ish complaining ne
My opthamologist is pretty thrilled by this development. If his prediction comes true soon I will have a title of 4 eyes before my name.I do use an anti-glare screen for my monitor so probably years away from getting glasses
At max I can watch 6 hours straight of anime after that I kinda get bugeyed
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 21:39   Link #162
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
No headphones in the dark its like i am putting my self in whatever world of the anime that i happen to be watching
EXACTLY!

Immersing yourself into the world of "said" anime is what you can acheive in the context of darkness...This is what I do when watching my favorite anime on the weekends...
Old 2006-02-04, 23:37   Link #163
Amun-Ra
þąıń

Headphones and lights, even during day break. Its prolly dark even during the afternoons, now-a-days.
Amun-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 07:21   Link #164
pinomustfly

Any light setting, just not with sun coming from the window. Not headphones, they are uncomfortable with the wires and stuff. 17" LCD, big 2.1 speakers.
pinomustfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 07:42   Link #165
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Lights on unless its a movie orsomething. I have 5,1 surround and I watch from my bed so I wont be using headphone's. :P My PC is hooked up with my TV, thats why I can watch on my bed.

PS; Subs are easy to read. The quality is best on the TV. (Basicly fansubs is like watching DVD's)
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 15:23   Link #166
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
If i can i like to watch anime with lights off and speakers on. Headphones wont reach to my bed not that i'd wanna listen through headphones
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 00:06   Link #167
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Ooh, just bought some awesome new headphones...They block all noise and makes me feel like I'm inside the anime...Sounds so good....Man, well worth the 70 bucks...More of you guys should try the headphones to increase pleasure....
Old 2006-02-07, 12:58   Link #168
BountyHunterB

I watch with lights on and no headphones.
And i'd like to mention another thing; Even though this wasentthe question but i noticed that watching anime on a computer is much more enjoyable than watching it on tv. Maybe its becouse on a comp u sit so close that u get "into it" more. While watching it on tv there are too many distractions.
BountyHunterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 14:16   Link #169
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I have two choices:

1)Watching from pc, then the distance would be 1/2 meter. No headphones, I have the luck to live in a standalone house, which means no neighbours if I eventually would like to pump up the volume (although I'm not the type). My monitor is a Sony 19'' LCD , resolution 1280x1024, so the image is pretty detailed. Lights? I prefer them off, anyway, the monitor is near the window, if the sun doesn't pop up (morning) it's ok to me, but if the sun does, I have to reject it. If it's evening, lights off, it's true that on the LCD I don't get disturbs, but still my eyes (and me too) prefere to stay without lights.
As a chair I have one of those black reclinable models (with cushions).

2)But I prefer to watch anime on tv. I have a Sony 21'' , pretty accurate with audio system. My dvd player is a Pioneer dvd-470 which supports avi format so I can go with most of releases. If they're original dvd, even better.
Position: my bed, which is in front. I have three options for the distance, a)Head on the couch, 3 meters and quite an half (I need really BIG and clear subtitles for this ^^) , b)sitting on the centre, distance about 2 meters. c)Couched in reversed position, which means feet on the cushion and head on the other side , distance 1 meter, this is when subtitles are near the unreadable
Ligths, same as above, if the sun doesn't bother it's ok. On evening, lights off, regardless
Old 2006-02-07, 16:27   Link #170
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

General : Anou strange isnt it . Evryone is mentioning their Pc configuration but why, maybe I should too o_O
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 18:25   Link #171
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
I put my anime onto my portable media player and either watch it on that or hook it up to a real TV and watch it on there.
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 18:29   Link #172
Kupo!
Shane-kun

Send a message via AIM to Kupo! Send a message via MSN to Kupo! Send a message via Yahoo to Kupo!
I usually either watch on TV using DVD player, or on TV using s-video from PC to TV. I can't stand watching on a computer monitor.

I always use speakers, either the Bose ones or the Creative ones. Oh, and I always have the lights off unless I'm watching early in the morning.
Kupo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 18:48   Link #173
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Yeah I can't STAND watching anime from my fricking computer screen.
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 18:50   Link #174
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Sometimes i watch anime with lights, i mean before my parents go to bed. Most of the time i like to start watching the show around 11pm-12 am and have my door closed, lights off, study light on, and enjoy with my cheap cd player earphones,

I actually watch animes on fridays and saturdays, cause i dont like thinking about stuff during school.

Sometimes i burn the show on dvd, then watch it on my 42 inch Samsung DlP tv, with a progressive scan on the dvd player, which makes it enjoyable to watch the show.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 18:51   Link #175
Kupo!
Shane-kun

Send a message via AIM to Kupo! Send a message via MSN to Kupo! Send a message via Yahoo to Kupo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePlus
Yeah I can't STAND watching anime from my fricking computer screen.
I know. After a few episodes, my eyes start to hurt and my computer chair is uncomfortable. It is so much better on my 42" TV screen on my comfortable leather couch.
Kupo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 19:36   Link #176
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

When me family is over, I watch it in the privacy of my own room on my good ol' PSP, lights off, headphones on.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 20:15   Link #177
ukanimemike
Love Animes !

Send a message via AIM to ukanimemike Send a message via MSN to ukanimemike Send a message via Yahoo to ukanimemike
Most of the time I watch my animes with lights on and without headphone. I have a 5.1 speaker system with my PC, and the sounds comes out very good indeed with the surround sound effects. When I have spare times, I will convert the animes and put some of my favour ones onto my PSP to watch when I am travelling. If I really bore I also convert the anime and put them onto my Nokia N.gage mobile phone to watch there too, because i have a 1GB memory with my mobile.....

For long distance travel, if my parents drive I will watch the animes on my in car DVD player which it's "DivX" ready machine, but if you do that make sure you don't have a empty stomach or may end up vomit all over the place =P

^_^
ukanimemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 21:50   Link #178
shikamarufoo

Mostly in the light, but when I'm up for it or it's a dramatic/special/etc. kind of episode lights definetely off. I usually blast the Opening and Ending with my speakers, the rest is just regular volume on speakers and when it's really late, I use headphones to avoid waking up the family.
shikamarufoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 03:27   Link #179
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

The only way to watch certain anime of "objectionable-natures" is with a PSP in the relaxation of your bed... after all, its already "straining" enough otherwise.....
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 19:28   Link #180
d3v4st4t10n
DeVaStAte

Send a message via AIM to d3v4st4t10n
Me? I go into my room, colse all the curtains and lock the door. It has to be pitch black or else I wont like it. I watch on my laptop WITH headphones. It cant be superloud even if I want it though becuz I need to listen to occaisional knocks on my door. (I HATE INTERUPTIONS!) ^_^
d3v4st4t10n is offline   Reply With Quote