Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-01-16, 15:18   Link #181
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I thought the author very nicely portrayed why incest is considered such a taboo in many societies while you see it as if the author was trying to justify incest. I suppose it's all a matter of perspective.

I thought Moe-senpai would look so hot with a Nemu-like bell. Just imagining about it can give one a nosebleed.
Moe with just the bell on would look really hot.

Edit: here is my personal view on incest and other stuff that is consider taboo by society.

Whatever goes on between consenting adults is none of my business.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2006-01-17 at 13:56.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 03:24   Link #182
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Don't forget Solty Rei, of which the father-daughter incest is the topic. LOL.

Roy Revant, a man in late forties reluctatly adopted a teenage-looking android girl Solty as his daughter.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 04:06   Link #183
DanielSong39

Many, many examples of "incest" in anime. Here are some notable ones:

Miyuki - Wakamatsu Miyuki is the step-sibling of Masato, and the primary love interest. Part of the humor comes from the fact that everyone believes they are actually blood related.

Jinbe - Now this seems just wrong. Miku is the step daughter of Jinbe; he was actually married to her mother!

Lady Georgie - Georgie ends up getting together with both of her stepbrothers - at different times, thank goodness.

Candy Candy - Candy ends up with her "Prince", Albert - her adopted uncle.

Kanon - Nayuki is Yuuichi's cousin. As far as I can tell, the anime censored this relationship; I'm pretty sure that she is the lead in the original game.

Da Capo - Junnichi is one lucky guy; he gets to choose between his adopted sister and his blood-related cousin.

Card Captor Sakura - Now this series has every possible forbidden relationship known to man. Take your pick.

Ayashi no Ceres - OK, maybe we should give Aki a free pass here, since it's only his body, and not his spirit. Still a bit freaky.

Canvas 2 - Elis is Hiroki's cousin; not sure whether she's blood-related or not (I don't think she is). If she is, her relationship with Hiroki will likely be censored, a la Nayuki.

Plenty of examples in literature, movies, etc... including the Holy Bible (!) It's interesting to note that the Bible NEVER outlaws cousin marriages; in fact, they are outright approved on a number of occasions.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 08:40   Link #184
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
You forgot Angel Sanctuary- the KING of incest anime
Old 2006-01-17, 11:39   Link #185
kari-no-sugata

I can't remember how the anime went, but for the original manga of Marmalade Boy, Yuu finds out his real father is also Miki's father, making them half-siblings. He dumps Miki, leaves Tokyo and tries to get over his feelings. However, he eventually tells her why. They decide to marry, even though they'll never be allowed to have children. (side note, Miki and Yuu are university students by this point). However, when they tell their parents, they find out Yuu was mistaken and in fact Yuu and Miki aren't blood related at all. So, happy ending. However, the author had originally planned for them to separate in the end, but her editor persuaded her otherwise. As a side note, Miki's best friend marries a teacher...

Another "near miss": Bakuen Campus Guardress. (I've no idea how the novel compares though). Hazumi and Takumi were raised as siblings, though only Hazumi knows they aren't related (and fights with her mother over who gets to kiss him awake in the morning ). However, Takumi had figured it out... and in the end he kisses her after confessing his love... and Hazumi gets a massive nose-bleed

It seems incest themes (at least, in a serious way) are much more common in shoujo manga. Well, shoujo manga does generally depend much more on character drama, and incest themes sure do help (though any author thinking throwing in some incest helps sales by itself is a fool). There's even blatant shoujo titles like "Boku no Imouto ni Koi wo Suru" (I'm in love with my sister), and "tsumi ni nureta futari" (They are drenched in sin).

PS From a long-term point of view, there's not much trouble with marrying first cousins... so long as the gene pool is large enough. Basically, it can help remove certain types of genetic diseases from the population (though not in a nice way if you happen to be "it"). Based on studies in India. Looking at it another way, if avoiding your cousins was a long term evolutionary advantage, then all animals would do this.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 12:29   Link #186
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Aye, Marmalade Boy definitely had some 'touchy' subjects in it. All of which were handled really well it has to be said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
Looking at it another way, if avoiding your cousins was a long term evolutionary advantage, then all animals would do this.
Yeah, but animals don't have humanity's emotional hangups to deal with. They just get on with living and surviving, they don't need to think about it.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 16:06   Link #187
DanielSong39

Ah, yes, Marmalade Boy. It's a good thing that the editor changed the ending from the one Wataru Yoshizumi planned; it would've been a disaster.

The step-sibling relationship is quite amusing, but I felt it was better done in Miyuki. When it stepped into the half-sibling territory... well, thank goodness it didn't get there.
Old 2006-01-17, 18:55   Link #188
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Anyone knows either anime or manga titles that involve yuri incest?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 18:57   Link #189
DanielSong39

Card Captor Sakura. As I said, it has every possible taboo relationship known to man - and even managed to invent a few. At least it was one-sided.

Full Metal Panic: the Second Raid also has an example of yuri incest.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2006-01-19 at 12:05.
Old 2006-01-19, 00:46   Link #190
Oishii_Mouri
Yosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroma
I still Don't see why people must apply their own moral ideals to other's art forms. Personally I can enjoy pretty much anything if it is presented in an intelligent manner, all the people having a gut reaction to the incest theme are just showing their social conditioning rather than thinking for themselves and judging the work on its emotional impact.

Love is a weird thing like that, so as long the relationship is consensual (please don't throw "legal" age of consent here as its little more but a random number, lets go by biological maturity) I see nothing wrong with it. That aside, judge works by their actual content not by the their theme or you are likely to miss out on a whole lot of good things.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Oishii_Mouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 08:37   Link #191
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
Card Captor Sakura. As I said, it has every possible taboo relationship known to man - and even managed to invent a few. At least they were one-sided.

Full Metal Panic: the Second Raid also has an example of yuri incest.
Eeeh? Where was there yuri incest in CCS? Tomoyo obviously loves Sakura and Tomoyo's mother loved Nadeshiko but they weren't related....I don't think...

FMP....yeah, BIG time.
Old 2006-01-19, 08:39   Link #192
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
Eeeh? Where was there yuri incest in CCS? Tomoyo obviously loves Sakura and Tomoyo's mother loved Nadeshiko but they weren't related....I don't think...
I think the mothers were cousins. Its been a while since I watched/read CCS though.
Kyaa the Catlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 08:40   Link #193
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Sakura's and Tomoyo's mom were cousins, IIRC.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 19:33   Link #194
d3v4st4t10n
DeVaStAte

Send a message via AIM to d3v4st4t10n
Angel Sanctuary! Thats the most notable incest ever! Kaori Yuki rocks xD
d3v4st4t10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 19:56   Link #195
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Yah I always wondered why they put incest in anime.

The ones I have seen is:
Elfenlied-although it did not really go anywhere, but still had it
Gilgamesh-Extremely close to it, or it was just incest, people can see it in different views
Texnholyze-It was not big, but there was some gayness between father and son.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 21:31   Link #196
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroma
I still Don't see why people must apply their own moral ideals to other's art forms. Personally I can enjoy pretty much anything if it is presented in an intelligent manner, all the people having a gut reaction to the incest theme are just showing their social conditioning rather than thinking for themselves and judging the work on its emotional impact.

Love is a weird thing like that, so as long the relationship is consensual (please don't throw "legal" age of consent here as its little more but a random number, lets go by biological maturity) I see nothing wrong with it. That aside, judge works by their actual content not by the their theme or you are likely to miss out on a whole lot of good things.
Bingo.. requoted for great truth.

The only reason the age is set so high as it is has more to do with getting people to finish their education. Even then its broken (16 for this, 18 for that, 21, 25.... different in different states much less countries). There's also "legal" vs. "enforced" ... a great many laws are ignored because the police have more important things to do than go chasing after two 15 yr olds in love ... so if no one files a complaint <shrug>.

Anyway..... if we're going to be a prickly about incest and young love, there's a lot of Shakespeare and other great works in serious trouble. Incest is a socially defined taboo -- if we were really interested in the only valid reason for it, everyone would undergo standard genetic testing and then be banned from "bad matches".

My personal observation is that in Real Life, its rather unlikely to be sexually attracted to someone you grew up closely with --- I can think of several neighborhood girls I later dated.. .once... and it was like mutually .... "this just isn't working... too many stupid elementary school memories". Lamune stories are very sweet but to be considered very unusual.
Old 2006-11-13, 18:56   Link #197
SCKnight
Mecha Pilot of the South

It is actually socially okay and legal to marry cousins who are at least fifth or sixth cousins, according to the South Carolina law last time I checked. The reason why so many people in the States frown upon marriage between cousins is that...well...umm...You know what, I can't really think of a perfectably good explanation for this, except the taboo against first cousin marriages is just simply people's religious and personal beliefs.
SCKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 19:24   Link #198
DanielSong39

Looks like we have another winner in the siscon category, as it looks like Gift ~ Eternal Rainbow is headed in that direction. But of course, Riko has no blood relations and only lived with Haruhiko for a short time.

We have minor siscon elements in Asatte no Houkou, but it seems rather one-sided... and I don't think it will go too far in that direction. Magikano went a bit further, but I think Maika does have a sensible side and will eventually soften her stance on Ayumi.

Koi Kaze was the worst in that aspect, however... now that is incest with a capital I.
Old 2006-11-13, 19:29   Link #199
ImClueless
Rawr

Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru was also Incest to the max, but Koi Kaze had the pedophilia shtick going as well.

Theres a reason why incest is taboo in most cultures. Inbreeding = bad. People have known that for millennia.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 19:44   Link #200
mimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCKnight View Post
It is actually socially okay and legal to marry cousins who are at least fifth or sixth cousins, according to the South Carolina law last time I checked. The reason why so many people in the States frown upon marriage between cousins is that...well...umm...You know what, I can't really think of a perfectably good explanation for this, except the taboo against first cousin marriages is just simply people's religious and personal beliefs.
Just like the taboo against 25 yo. having sex with 14 yo. while 14 yo. can have sex with each other all the time.

By the way I'm not sure what is "crass" in my previous post. So I can't use the 1 word instead of the two words "having sex"?
mimo is offline   Reply With Quote