AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-01-10, 13:36   Link #121
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
The amount of gore in Elfen Lied is disturbing, and not something I feel inclined to view. Therefore it's got no merits as far as I'm concerned because I don't want to wade through rivers of blood (and assocaited severed limbs and so on) to find the merits of a series. Bearing in mind that I skimmed through some of the other eps as well to see what level of disgust awaited me. I wasn't dissapointed.

To date, this is only the third series I've ever dropped (Tenchi in Tokyo being the first and Futakoi Alternative the second, and that's because I couldn't stand them after watching half the series). And I've watched 120 or more series, so 3 dropped out of that lot is pretty good going I feel.
I just wondered why you felt compelled to post about it being bad when you, by your own admission, didn't watch it. The blood and gore were, in this case, necessary to the story. Unlike a lot of series that try to make up for the lack of a story with fanservice. I don't feel compelled to post on the shows that I actually watched and ended up not really liking because there are others that did like them. There are a number of shows people want sequels to that I didn't care about. As for what I would like to see another season on.

Fullmoon wo Sagasite
Fruits Basket
The 12 Kingdoms
Elfen Lied
Spiral
Full Metal Panic
Stellvia

There are some others that I can't remember the name of right now.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 14:02   Link #122
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I never posted about it being bad. I said it would be my definition of hell, which is different. IE. it's not something I'd want to experience.

And just so we don't go completely off topic, I'll add that I agree Fruits Basket could do with another season
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 19:38   Link #123
d3v4st4t10n
DeVaStAte

Send a message via AIM to d3v4st4t10n
OMG! I serously want to see a second season of Hikaru no Go!!!!!! I can't stand the ending. I really felt like crying, even though I saw that one hour special about the international prelims tournament.
d3v4st4t10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 21:42   Link #124
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd like to see Ai Yori Aoshi properly finished then again I can wish for a starship too.
Looks like there *might* be more Negima and if properly done I could stand several seasons of that (note the PROPERLY DONE bit).
Once Mahoraba finishes the manga series, it might be nice to see a second season but it did finish nicely in season one so no complaints.

Personally, I'd rather some properties that were mucked up be redone by writing teams with a clue.
Old 2006-03-06, 16:48   Link #125
nobody_br

Send a message via MSN to nobody_br
One of the best of all..at least for me...BECK!
it ended with more questions than answers!!
and i hate that...
nobody_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 16:55   Link #126
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

I'll second Beck.

Oh, and Hana Yori Dango.
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 19:32   Link #127
android49
Anime Heroin(es) addict

I would like to see a followup to Trigun and Elfen Lied
android49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 19:43   Link #128
Ending

Have to say Elfen Lied too; the ending was just plain too cheap to be satisfying in any way. Another, similar thing happened to DearS and Chobits, so guess they could be added to the list.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 03:15   Link #129
Juan Valdez

I might be alone in this but I want more episodes of Ichigo 100%! The way it just... ended... after 12 episodes... left me unfulfilled.

I also nominate Kare Kano. Just abruptly ending right in the middle of a story arc was a letdown. I know after 7 years it'll probably never happen, but I can hope
Juan Valdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 12:32   Link #130
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Trinity Blood just cant get that diadlogue out of my mind
"Watashi nava Crusnik vampire no chiruse vampire des"
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 12:35   Link #131
fieryshadowcard

Juan, I hate to admit it, but the remainder of the story as it was meant to be told, is in the manga.

As far as series that I want to see continued go:

Tenchi Muyo (post-Jirai)
Seikai no Senki (Banner of the Stars) IV and up (heck, make a series out of III)
Shakugan no Shana (since it's still debatable whether a second season will come or not)
Gantz (talk about disappointing endings... whew, god!)
A new Rozen Maiden series, or at least add on to Traumend
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 13:01   Link #132
EdenB
Overlord

Ranma, an old anime but there was a skip inbetween season 7 and the OVA's and they never finished the story.
EdenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 14:55   Link #133
Aru
dead

More Seikai no Senki and Juuni Kokki~
Aru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 19:09   Link #134
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I'd kill for a Full Moon Wo Sagashite OVA about Takuto and Mitsuki >_<

I want sequels for these:

Princess Tutu
DearS
Chrno Crusade because
Spoiler:

Yami No Matsuei
Fruits Basket
FLCL
Witch Hunter Robin
Galaxy Fraulein Yuna
Kare Kano

And most of all (besides FMWS) Princess Rouge, Dragon Half, Elf Princess Rane, and SHINESMAN!! Because these were never finished and me cries.;____;
Old 2006-03-14, 00:05   Link #135
Daniwindscar

Send a message via MSN to Daniwindscar Send a message via Yahoo to Daniwindscar
Talking Shows I would Like to see more of

Trigun,:D
Gungrave,:D
Samurai Champloo,:D
RahXephon,:D
Daniwindscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 07:20   Link #136
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Naturally I'd like to see every unfinished series come to a close. Damn Happy World

For new seasons of finished shows, I'd of course like more Nanoha, more Shuffle, more Read or Die... I could go on and on, really.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 08:49   Link #137
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Yay for Rozen Maiden, this is one that definetly takes my vote.

But if you ask me, the ending for DearS and Chobits are just fine. They don't seem like series you'd take that far (Although I AM currently buying DearS manga to know how it really ends, because that scene in the end of the Anime happens in the third volume. Sucks not to see the rest of the series animated.).
I think that something awesome to see would be an FMA OVA or second movie, with Al and Ed already in their mid-30's, after WW2. It's something I'm planning to write someday =\.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 19:05   Link #138
SilentBob
I like corm

Like others here, I'd like to see the rest of Juuni Kokki. But since that depends on the rest of the stories actually being written, I guess it could go either way....
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 00:50   Link #139
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Anime that I REALLY would like to see continued:

Rurouni Kenshin : the Jinchu Arc is the most definitive, coolest, and most bad-ass arc of the entire manga! It was really disappointing that all that crappy filler forced the anime to be cancelled before this got animated! The story of the Jinchu Arc is SO GOOD, that, if they decided to animate/air it now, it would still surpass Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece in viewership!

Flame of Recca : The anime ended with more questions than answers: Recca's mom is still uncured of her "immortality curse", did Kurei die or not, what happened to Mouri Kouran, etc. There were also "relationships" that were hinted but never developed, i.e. Fuuko and Raiden, Joker and Kaoru, etc. If the anime continued the second half of the manga, the story would have become darker and more involving, but the fights would still be as engaging as ever. The ending of the manga has tremendous dramatic potential.

Slam Dunk : the Inter-High Championship games, especially the dramatic game against Sannoh!

Mahou Sensei Negima : the anime was crap...they should've stuck to the manga storyline. This should be something to condier if there is a second season.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 14:02   Link #140
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Honey & Clover (when the manga has built up enough material)
Seikai no Senki (can go on forever, as far as I'm concerned)
Marimite (I think the novels/manga are continuing)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote