AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-16, 04:54   Link #181
Kakkou
Tch.

This special would've been lethal had it been hosted by Kugyuu and director Matsumoto and placed after the finale. Tsuritama did that with Ohsaka and Nakamura going around Enoshima before sitting down for a Q&A. It was absolutely foul how they had two of the more emotional bgm tracks playing during it. Never had I felt my heartstrings pulled by a special the way that did.

Ahem, back on topic, I loved ep5.5, moreso since it wasn't a mere recap. More series' could use specials like these (as DVD specials of course, unless they need a week or two to fill like this show does).
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 05:01   Link #182
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

next episode is not another OVA re aired right?

if so this will be fourth time :/

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 07:34   Link #183
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
This special would've been lethal had it been hosted by Kugyuu and director Matsumoto and placed after the finale. Tsuritama did that with Ohsaka and Nakamura going around Enoshima before sitting down for a Q&A. It was absolutely foul how they had two of the more emotional bgm tracks playing during it. Never had I felt my heartstrings pulled by a special the way that did.

Ahem, back on topic, I loved ep5.5, moreso since it wasn't a mere recap. More series' could use specials like these (as DVD specials of course, unless they need a week or two to fill like this show does).
Aww I wish I could have seen the Enoshima one for Tsuritama. I am guessing it is on the Japanese release because it is not included on the Sentai DVD/BR.
Old 2013-11-16, 12:03   Link #184
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The special was very educational. You can tell the staff has studied a lot, and that they're passionate about what they're doing. This makes me appreciate the series all the more.
Old 2013-11-18, 06:11   Link #185
Kazu-kun

So, going by the preview, next episode will cover material from 00. I wonder what will come afterwards.
Old 2013-11-20, 12:35   Link #186
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 19:54   Link #187
sikvod00

Was I the only one creeped out by Inari this episode? Even if the intentions are good, he is the very definition of a whimsical, irresponsible god. Poor Myoue probably loves and hates his "parents".
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 00:22   Link #188
MCAL

Interesting. Very interesting. So Yakushimaru was revived and became immortal by eating a pomegranate created by Inari that Lady Koto ate and kissed into Yakushimaru's mouth. And yes that is as disturbing as it sounds. Though no less disturbing was Inari's face during the whole thing. He plays the role of Whimsical Kami to a tee. The pomegranate also begs the question what was the whole thing with Yakushimaru and Koto sharing the pomegranate in Episode 5. It would seem to imply that Lady Koto and Koto are the same person, but of course Koto contradicts this by calling Lady Koto, Mama. Of course this is also slightly contradicted by the preview, though that I can't say for sure. And I'm basically still confused on how this all happened. Has something to do with magnetic poles? Though it is interesting how the events of Episode 00 are much more serious in tone now knowing what we know. And last but not least the preview of Episode 7 leads to all sorts of questions too? So yeah... this show definitely got real.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 04:22   Link #189
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 11:13   Link #190
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Lady Koto is finally back! Can't wait to see the reunion with her children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Was I the only one creeped out by Inari this episode? Even if the intentions are good, he is the very definition of a whimsical, irresponsible god. Poor Myoue probably loves and hates his "parents".
You're not the only one. Reviving a kid that had committed suicide and making him immortal without asking for his permission is pretty messed up. The most disturbing part is that Inari didn't seem to see anything wrong with this. He had a gentle smile on his face the whole time.

This could have ended horribly.
Old 2013-11-21, 22:51   Link #191
Hamster

It looked like the giant robot had the same power as Koto's weapon...which probably means that the other two siblings were willing to risk Koto's life or even use her as a sacrifice for their experiment considering their reactions when she was swallowed.

I'm especially disappointed in Yase, she seemed quite close with Koto to do such a thing.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 01:17   Link #192
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Wow. I was pretty close to being correct about Myuoe being something like a re-animated corpse against his will. I could prolly count on one hand the number of times my speculations about things like this were correct.

In any case, an interesting ep. I, for one, appreciate how they are portraying Inari. He is kinda human, kinda not - in this respect maybe a teesy bit like Aladdin periodically comes across in S1 of the Magi anime - but intermixed with something "other", not-human, unnerving and even eerie at times. Inari's detatched almost hollow cheeriness in responding to Myuoe's angry and bitter protests (existential protests, perhaps?) is a good example of this... well, eerieness. And interestingly, both Kuruma and even Yase reflected a little of the same thing in using Koto as a sacrifice/guinea pig to achieve what they wanted, despite Myuoe's protests, too.

Well, next ep we will finally see the return of Lady Koto. Long overdue, and I am curious to see where things will go. At long last we are finished unwrapping the contents of material previously aired.
Old 2013-11-22, 21:06   Link #193
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
And I'm basically still confused on how this all happened. Has something to do with magnetic poles? Though it is interesting how the events of Episode 00 are much more serious in tone now knowing what we know. And last but not least the preview of Episode 7 leads to all sorts of questions too? So yeah... this show definitely got real.
It makes sense in my mind but I'm having a hard time explaining it, basically for Koto and Lady Koto they're betting that the two of them will "attract" each other, the way opposite magnets are drawn together, and given that Lady Koto did appear I'd say that worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
It looked like the giant robot had the same power as Koto's weapon...which probably means that the other two siblings were willing to risk Koto's life or even use her as a sacrifice for their experiment considering their reactions when she was swallowed.
In the OVA they said that Koto stole her hammer from Bishamaru and, even though that seems to be retconned, it looks like they kept the same design/footage so that's why they look similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
In any case, an interesting ep. I, for one, appreciate how they are portraying Inari. He is kinda human, kinda not - in this respect maybe a teesy bit like Aladdin periodically comes across in S1 of the Magi anime - but intermixed with something "other", not-human, unnerving and even eerie at times. Inari's detatched almost hollow cheeriness in responding to Myuoe's angry and bitter protests (existential protests, perhaps?) is a good example of this... well, eerieness. And interestingly, both Kuruma and even Yase reflected a little of the same thing in using Koto as a sacrifice/guinea pig to achieve what they wanted, despite Myuoe's protests, too.
You know, previously I thought the opening statement ("When the lines between humans and gods was more blurred") was referring to how both Koto exists (since who only knows what she technically is) and how Inari is human yet has godlike powers, now I'm starting to wonder if he is in fact more god than human, everyone's take on him seeming oddly detached from reviving Yakushimaru is spot on.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 10:56   Link #194
blewin

wow, episode 0 makes a lot more sense now. It's just.... um.... how could Myoe revived a dead boy only to give him immortal life? it doesn't feel like from the anime that he did it to help Yakishirmaru, but that he only did it to please Koto.

but maybe he was looking for a successor? looking at the scene when he left Yakishirmaru and said that he's leaving the temple to him, perhaps Myoe did so because he himself was immortal and he wanted to die? (so naturally the temple needs to be left to someone who is also immortal?) except Myoe's still alive somehow since he's Inari - are they the same person?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 22:43   Link #195
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I loved this episode...especially with all of the mythology symbolism like the pomengrate...

Damn.....Kurama and Yase are really bastards to do that to Koto JR. Now the events in 0 make sense.
Old 2013-11-24, 01:19   Link #196
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Lady Koto is finally back! Can't wait to see the reunion with her children.

You're not the only one. Reviving a kid that had committed suicide and making him immortal without asking for his permission is pretty messed up. The most disturbing part is that Inari didn't seem to see anything wrong with this. He had a gentle smile on his face the whole time.

This could have ended horribly.
Yeah, my thought was that's just really f'ed up. It wasn't so much that he revived him, but his whole attitude about what he did. He didn't seems to feel any serious gravity about what he did.

So what exactly was that thing that Koto was fighting anyway, and where did she go when it swallowed her? Was she just inside it, or was it like some kind of other universe/space? And how exactly does getting swallowed by it help her attract Lady Koto? If her and Lady Koto are like magnets as Kurama was saying then why does she even need that giant robot thing? Sorry a lot of questions, I know.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 12:46   Link #197
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 15:04   Link #198
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7:
That sounds like a great episode 7.
Old 2013-11-28, 15:01   Link #199
kyouray
2D > 3D

What a sweet reunion
It's kinda weird they call their mom Koto specially Yase...
Anyway things 're getting serious and little Koto remains to be a mystery. I also wonder why the mess didn't begin the first time Koto appeared or maybe it was related to the white sphere she broke at the beginning of this episode.
Old 2013-11-28, 15:05   Link #200
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
or maybe it was related to the white sphere she broke at the beginning of this episode.
Yes, I think it has something to do with that. It's still pretty unclear so I hope next episode will deliver some answers.