Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-05, 11:46   Link #921
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Nice development for Kaname.
I'm not surprised though. I don't think Chisaki would've ended up with anyone else. At least he did it calmly.
Old 2013-12-05, 12:18   Link #922
deadite

Manaka is going to swim to Sea God as the sacrifice and she will hibernate. Sudden'y the sleeping Manaka with the Hourglass makes sense. I smell the timeskip even more.

Last edited by deadite; 2013-12-05 at 12:37.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 12:50   Link #923
leorodri100

i know thre will be a time skip for sure now, problem is i'm not that happy with it, i would like hikari to resolve his feelings without having to pass like 5 years, but assuming people do age when they sleep (the man that was talking to manaka about making babies makes me think they will age in the process) they will probably wake up when theyre 16 or 20, well i just wonder how therewill be an actual development because since they are asleep they will not have experiences that would creat any development but most likely be 13 years old in the body of a adult...

that on itself can also be quite interesting taking the fact that hikari is suffering from his hormones right now...i look foward to the upcoming episodes, oh and nice kanami development thou it was obvious since the first episode he finally acts
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 13:13   Link #924
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The calamity is probably going to be averted. I can't see them killing off Akari and Miuna after developing them so much. There's no way they're going to kill Tsumugu either, he's too important for the love polygon. A timeskip is most likely happening, but what kind of timeskip will it be? Is everybody going to age or will some of the sea kids be left behind?
Old 2013-12-05, 14:21   Link #925
ices
Working Hard

Do you think the one that Uroko-sama falled in love was Hikari mother?

Ah, and nice for Kaname. But it's not a suprise since we have guessed it from the first episode.

Okay everyone, now it's guessing time.

What Will Happened?

Previously, a girl save the humanity by coming to the sea good in the deep sea.

Images
someone will be sacrificed?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That's the scene from the OP. You see some salt(or snow)flake scattered and a girl falling (maybe to the deep sea).

Images
Manaka alone

From the ED. Manaka is alone and covered by saltflake. The ground also full of saltflake. There are a hourglass around and she seems sleeping, but who knows.

There some flag along the way.

Images
FLAG

Does that mean manaka will be the one that will be sacrificed?

... meanwhile...

Images
Manaka's Role in the group

And, when someone as the group center suddenly taken away OR leaving, you'll get...

Spoiler for comparison to AnoHana:

Images
If you don't love them, It won't be painful

You're right Hikari. If you don't love them, It won't be painful.

I hope what I guess was wrong. I hope everyone will be okay. Maybe It's just Manaka that (always the first to) take an action to prevent all of this by going in a journey to the deep sea. Going to the place of the sea good. Thus preventing the calamity and saving both, land people and sea people from the ice age.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 14:32   Link #926
Divini
Senpai!

Kaname's confession was smoooooooooooooth.

Usually (in anime), a guy his age would do the standard hot-blooded/embarassed shout type, which may or may not get drowned out by a passing train.

So now we officially have a love polygon with some real foreboding in the background, makes for quite the atmosphere. At this point, I think this arc can only end in one or two extremes: a good ending or an interesting but crazy trainwreck.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 15:23   Link #927
Sakuratsuki

Time skip is comming..............

Guys it is only a confession. That doesn't mean is 100% Chisaki x Kaname. We haven't heard her answer yet.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 15:29   Link #928
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
i know thre will be a time skip for sure now, problem is i'm not that happy with it, i would like hikari to resolve his feelings without having to pass like 5 years, but assuming people do age when they sleep (the man that was talking to manaka about making babies makes me think they will age in the process) they will probably wake up when theyre 16 or 20, well i just wonder how therewill be an actual development because since they are asleep they will not have experiences that would creat any development but most likely be 13 years old in the body of a adult...
The folks in Shioshishio are going to be asleep for more than just five years. Uroko said it'll take fifty to a hundred years for humanity to die off, and I got the impression that it'd be even longer before it's safe for the seafolk to wake up. If they do age while hibernating, it'll have to be very slowly, maybe one day for every year that passes.

However, I don't think we're going to see any hibernation. I'm more convinced now that Manaka's going to go to the sea god and become his wife to save everyone else. I'm not sure how that's going to work, though. From what Uroko said, it sounds like the sea god isn't causing the salt-flake snow but rather he's too weak to prevent it because no one's worshipping him any more. All I can think is that the Ofunehike gives him power and if Manaka uses herself in place of the effigy, it'll give him enough of a power-up to stop the calamity.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 16:05   Link #929
Birdway
Banned

Meh I didn' feel anything watching Manaka crying.

On the other hand poor Kaname, this guy throw himself to the friendzone with no chance of return when confessing his feeling. Too early!

Don't worry guys, both Hikari and Kaname have their future waifus who are in their current loli forms, Miuna and her friend.

Btw, meh to the "calamity".
I guess Manaka "sacrifices" herself to become the Sea God's wife and then the time skip happens with her magical return...
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 16:11   Link #930
ellessarr
Banned

well i'm really the one who dont see a TS happen here on this series???, for me everything will be done now, maybe at best with on or 2 years ahead in time but not a "really big time skip", for me the focus of the serie is about "childrens" learning to deal with "the changes" and not suddenly their grou up and we lost all the "children development.

man i dont call this anymore a poligon, i call a train at this point too much "love" from many sides, each guy have at last 2 girls with a crush over him or him have a crush in at last one girl

we have a big train romance, with a lot of girls attached to 3 guys.

leading to a big orgy in the end
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 17:05   Link #931
SonicSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
I'm a bit lost here, is it really saltflake that's snowing on the surface? Or it's just the way sea people interpret surface snowing based on how they observe their own environment? If it's really snowing salt how did all the snow get up there? I mean, is it a real phenomenon or that's just some sci-fi thing being used as an instrument for the show?

The scene where all the villagers lined up holding those eerie lanterns is just creepy. The episode as a whole is good, though I prefer the previous ones.
You have really good question. I'm sad that no one said anything about your post.

This is what I think about the snow and salt. I believed that the salt on the surface happen to be snow. Salt can interpret as a snow. Mostly like it's snow because salt are too heavy to raise up to the cloud. The sea people are most likely hiding the fact that salt is actually snow. They're just stating that salt happen to falling on the surface, but not saying it's truly a snow or salt. The snow and salt represent a key point in the anime. The End Song shows tons of snow or salt. I have no clue. It could be either one of them.
SonicSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 17:43   Link #932
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Do you think the one that Uroko-sama falled in love was Hikari mother?
This happened several hundred years ago so she can't be his mother. She might be his ancestor though.

I don't think Manaka can sacrifice herself to prevent the calamity. The situation is different from all those years ago. Back then, the sea god wanted to exterminate humans and the girl changed his mind. Right now, however, the calamity is happening because the sea god is weak due to the lack of worshipers. Talking to him or becoming his wife won't change anything, he doesn't have enough power to save everybody in the first place. Hikari probably had the right idea, the key is the ofunehiki.
Old 2013-12-05, 18:29   Link #933
Arya

Nice episode. I like the deaden atmosphere given by the snow/salt, it fits perfectly the looming danger. Also like that they are going with something so smooth instead of tsunami, eruptions, earthquakes and the like. A really overall charming fairy-atmosphere.
I really don't know if they will go with the time skip or not. Apparently it seems inevitable. Still the time skip needed is too wide to let the land people to survive. At least the ones we know. So that would exclude it. The other option scares me a bit, because having Manaka sacrificing herself could lead, as already pointed out, to a possible menma-like situation that I'd gladly avoid. But I'm quite confident, looking at the developments so far, that even in that was the case, the show wouldn't go to that way.
Finally Kaname got some time and development. Sadly for him I don't think he will be lucky in the long run. I'm having the feeling that the one who is more ready to change will end up "remaining in the village" so to speak, instead the one more hostile to the changes will end up otherwise. There were some details in this episode that showed how much the sea people are relying on Chisaki. They asked her for something twice and not ever once Manaka. So, taking in account her character, I can see her accepting somehow Kaname's feelings half out of "obligation", like Akari should have done and as much as that man suggested to Manaka.
On the other hand to me it's confirmed that Manaka has feelings for Hikari. I laughed a bit when during Uroko serious and important speech both Manaka and Hikari were barely listening despite the gravity of the moment. And Manaka was still blushed from before.
That, unless some major twist happens (Manaka stay with us!!!)

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 19:01   Link #934
leorodri100

i don't think manaka will be a sacrifice or anything sure there is the ojou-sama foreshadow but in the preview of episode 11 both her and hikari say they will eat, wich i assume they agree in sleep. what i really want is some hikarixmanaka in the series, and maybe...tsumuguxchisaki or even kanamexchisaki
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 19:36   Link #935
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This happened several hundred years ago so she can't be his mother. She might be his ancestor though.
Ah, you're right. I just thinking that way since Uroko-sama said he made promise with someone when he prevent Hikari and Akari from leaving.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 21:16   Link #936
MCAL

Nagi no Asukara sure does love it's cliffhangers, huh? Besides Manaka's (Still annoying) constant crying (The scene where she paces in her room thinking of Hikari was much better), this was another strong episode, though it was mostly a set up one.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 21:26   Link #937
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, when people we're speculating timeskip, I for one was thinking maybe a decade or two at the most. Now it might be possibly more than half a century? That is interesting, if it does happen, though it looks like Hikari is trying his best to stop the calamity. (for all the wrong reasons I might add, since Manaka is starting to realize her true feelings)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 12:14   Link #938
Tranhieu

For some reason this reminds me of 7 Seeds, save for the meteor part (coincidentally we have exactly 7 people here, 5 middle school kids and 2 lolis).

I hardly think the time skip is gonna happen, unless we're gonna see a 100 year jump into the future, or else why wake up during the calamity?

Last edited by Tranhieu; 2013-12-06 at 12:43.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 16:17   Link #939
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's kind of ironic: There was heavy speculation about a time skip and we all (quite reasonably) assumed that the kids would have aged as a result. Instead we could end up getting a time skip but the kids remain the same.

Incidentally, if Manaka does sacrifice herself and there's a genuine time skip after that then it'll remind me of Shin Sekai Yori more than Ano Hana.

Not sure what to make of the impending doom, probably because of the lack of key perspectives. I like the confusion and conflicted feelings that it's caused among the kids but I'd like more perspective among the outside world. If this impending doom is something the surface people think is just crazy talk from a small community of a relatively unknown race or if they know this impending doom is coming but don't care because they believe it'll happen way into the far future then I could sort of understand their ambivalence.

I don't know, I just get the feeling that the whole thing will turn out to be not that big of deal and something that they never needed to worry about in the first place. I could be wrong though: it's just hard for me to tell whether the sea villagers are acting normal or not, from a narrative perspective. I guess I should have learnt by now that this show has no intention of making it easy for me to figure anything out. In any case:

Images
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 19:30   Link #940
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Somehow all of this is reminding me of a certain development from Avatar: TLA (the good Avatar), involving Sokka's true love...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen