Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-18, 23:31   Link #1441
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
I am so glad I never picked this up~~
Valued input sir.... The visuals make up for a lackluster story.. The finale just came out everyone is all emotional about it... Wasn't nearly as bad as other stuff this season.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 23:44   Link #1442
Anime299

Let me see, how can I put this...A few things seem to make at least some sense...1) Izumi said that the answers would come in time, so I think there's going to be more to the series, maybe a bridging OVA or two, then a second season; 2) KnK going back into Akihito is different this time. He confronted 'himself' and established control, so where else would 'he' reside? He's now some serious honcho And 3) This takes a bit of work, but . . . Just as Akihito confronted himself and had a dual existence, the Mirai that Akhito has come to know told the truth. The 'real' Mirai disappeard long ago - into the ring. This form that Akihito met was the cursed remnant of the tribe. Just as the real Akihito had KnK as a version of himself inside, this Mirai was the physical presence while the real Mirai was in the ring, though sharing the thoughts and actions. When KnK was overwhelmed, the curse was lifted, and the current figment of Mirai did, indeed, disappear. It wasn't until Akihito, holding onto the rig, accepted that there will always be evil and good. At that time, the ring - the bridge between the real and the cursed Mirai - could release her. Simple, eh? I did enjoy this series a lot, and two thumbs up for the effort.

Last edited by Anime299; 2013-12-18 at 23:47. Reason: minor clarification
Anime299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 23:49   Link #1443
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ There will be an extension of the story through the BD extras entitled "Kyoukai no Kanata Mini-Theater". It may explore on the anime's take on the juvenile past of the cast based on the sneak peek screenshots I saw.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 23:54   Link #1444
Jerseykid

The first fight with Akkey was the best part of the anime. It should have ended there.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 00:21   Link #1445
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I guess he's going to be blacklisted for a lot of peeps here!

It's a shame though. Some of his episodes he directed on some titles were pretty flashy and exciting thus showing he had potential. Is this one of the moments where he stunk on establishing the entire setting and characters? I feel that's the biggest thorn in the series which is SO uncharacteristic for KyoAni overall since they could nail that in all of their previous series.
Well episode directing will have some sort of guidance from the supervisor. They don't have to build it from the ground up plus the script is already there for them to only interpret.
In this case though, he had to envision everything. He surely had problems with the conceptualization process. He had very poor perception of the pacing and mood for the series.

If I were to speculate on the problem, it most likely was due to the fact that they had to establish on only one volume. If they went all out on it ala Chuunibyou things might have been better.

Unlike Chuunibyou or Free, this was heavy on the plot side. Having to adapt only 1 volume without stretching it out so much and still maintain an open route for future adaptations really bogged it down. They can only do so much while avoiding so much discrepancies that may happen when vol.2/3 comes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Kyoani's inability to choreograph and animate compelling action scenes sends this straight into the garbage can. It's terrible. 3/10
Oh boy here we go!
Old 2013-12-19, 00:34   Link #1446
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
well haters gonna hate, lol, really a awesome serie with a very good ending, at last for me and many peoples that series was good and enjoyable and not a "waste of time' for the sake of hate or complain.

10/10 to this series and with ore nouna and yozakura quartet this is on my top list of best serie of the season.
I loved the ending too.

I was sniffling as Mirai disappeared and I had a big smile on my face when she reappeared happy to be alive. The only thing that was missing was a kiss. Hmm....maybe that's in episode 13.

I cheered when Izumi got what was coming to her for her devious ways and getting caught with an implanted a youmu inside of her.(That explained why she was so OP.) Not too mention storing hiding the core of the Hollow Shadow.
Old 2013-12-19, 01:00   Link #1447
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

I cheered when Izumi got what was coming to her for her devious ways and getting caught with an implanted a youmu inside of her.(That explained why she was so OP.)
I wonder if the storing of the youmu stuff was something the nasse family does to the heads to make them badass, like it's a family secret, that the younger ones just didn't know about YET. Like pervy brother is next in line to get a Youmu since how he's the head now..
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 01:04   Link #1448
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
I wonder if the storing of the youmu stuff was something the nasse family does to the heads to make them badass, like it's a family secret, that the younger ones just didn't know about YET. Like pervy brother is next in line to get a Youmu since how he's the head now..
Well, that's prob worse than being a "blood bender". Mirai's family got exterminated and the Nase family is still in existence. Not fair!
Old 2013-12-19, 01:25   Link #1449
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Let's put it this way, at least it's better than Munto!

(and a few other high drama, empty characterizations series that premiered or continued this Fall)
Hey! I liked Munto!

Well, I am afraid I agree with the general overall impressions of many of the others - I would also give this series a 5/10. It could have been a lot better, but just plain poor execution and choices in how to present the story. This unshakeable feeling is what saddens me more than anything else - i.e. it could have very easily been much better.

I adored Hyouka, I enjoyed Chuunibyou and Tamako, I ignored Free (sports type genre rarely works with me), but this just felt... I dunno... sloppy?
Old 2013-12-19, 01:46   Link #1450
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

OK...

I will watch this at some point. It's unfortunate to hear all this negative feedback. When I first heard about it I thought it could be pretty good. I didn't care if Kyoani worked on it or not. It seems like they couldn't really decide what they were going for and did a sloppy job of working on what they did focus on.

Unfortunately it seems that all I will enjoy is the pretty visuals.
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 01:54   Link #1451
Pen3

Whats with all the Izumi hate? She was by far my favorite character and i got tired of the lame repeated jokes of Hiromi, Aki, and Mirai quickly. Hell, Ayaka was more interesting than the main cast too.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 01:56   Link #1452
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
OK...

I will watch this at some point. It's unfortunate to hear all this negative feedback. When I first heard about it I thought it could be pretty good. I didn't care if Kyoani worked on it or not. It seems like they couldn't really decide what they were going for and did a sloppy job of working on what they did focus on.

Take everyone's comments with a grain of salt and decide for yourself..
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 02:02   Link #1453
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
OK...

It's honestly not that bad. I can't speak for anyone else but I was pretty disappointed because the series seemed like it had huge potential but it was brought down by bad pacing, poor characterization, really odd comedic timings, and just questionable execution in general. Not to mention they left so many things unexplained at the end.. but there were a few episodes that I really enjoyed.

Also, I have no idea why you're in this thread when people are dropping spoilers everywhere. Probably best to avoid this thread and judge for yourself.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 02:15   Link #1454
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
It's honestly not that bad. I can't speak for anyone else but I was pretty disappointed because the series seemed like it had huge potential but it was brought down by bad pacing, poor characterization, really odd comedic timings, and just questionable execution in general. Not to mention they left so many things unexplained at the end.. but there were a few episodes that I really enjoyed.

Also, I have no idea why you're in this thread when people are dropping spoilers everywhere. Probably best to avoid this thread and judge for yourself.
I'm here because I want to be. I just never got around to watching the first few episodes and by then everybody was already slamming KnK for sucking hard. I do agree that it sounds more "wasted potential" than "bad". And yes, I will wait until I watch it before I decide my opinion on it. Why wouldn't I? I use other peoples' opinions as a sort of guide to look out for certain things but I never form my own opinions around them.
Old 2013-12-19, 02:21   Link #1455
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Whats with all the Izumi hate? She was by far my favorite character and i got tired of the lame repeated jokes of Hiromi, Aki, and Mirai quickly. Hell, Ayaka was more interesting than the main cast too.

I, too, like Izumi. Generally, I like characters who have the unenviable job of making hard choices, even though it gets them hated by everyone. It is a reflection of how the world is: often times there are no fairy tale "everyone let's be happy" endings and the only ending to pick is the one with the least bad in it.

It is a total cop out that Izumi disappeared upon the revelation she has a youmu inside her. Yeah, so what's the big deal? It's not like anyone treated Aki differently. Or Ayaka and Ai. It's just a way to get rid of Izumi beause "Oh, she's so guilty for orchestrating the death of Mirai and must now leave in shame". Blargh.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 02:34   Link #1456
zztop

How is the plot and characterization in Boundary's source novel like compared to the anime?
Better or worse?

I heard that one of the anime's problems could be due to the source LN, although I don't know how to confirm this.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 02:42   Link #1457
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
I'm here because I want to be. I just never got around to watching the first few episodes and by then everybody was already slamming KnK for sucking hard. I do agree that it sounds more "wasted potential" than "bad". And yes, I will wait until I watch it before I decide my opinion on it. Why wouldn't I? I use other peoples' opinions as a sort of guide to look out for certain things but I never form my own opinions around them.
I'd say that the viewing experience will be different if you've been constantly reading people's opinions/rants/criticism and spoilers to go along with that, but it's clearly not my business.. so whatever floats your boat.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 02:48   Link #1458
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
I'd say that the viewing experience will be different if you've been constantly reading people's opinions/rants/criticism and spoilers to go along with that, but it's clearly not my business.. so whatever floats your boat.
That's ok, I'm not taking any offense to it. This is one of those shows from this season that I thought about watching but never got around to. If I don't begin watching a show immediately I usually check out what people say about the first few episodes and begin watching after that no matter what they say. For some reason I let KnK slip through this entire season.

And I don't always wait until a show is finished to start watching it, I usually start watching shows when they first start airing. I usually don't read too much into the opinions of others either, but they do usually help me understand things better or notice things I might have not noticed without someone pointing it out to me. I guess my point is that reading somebody else's review/rant/whatever can have its positives as well.
Old 2013-12-19, 02:51   Link #1459
EroKing

Spoilers
Spoiler for Comparison to the anime Bleach
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

If anyone is interested in an actual action anime with elements of comedy and ecchi featuring the voice actor of Akihito, do check out Mushibugyou - one of the highly underrated series of 2013.
Old 2013-12-19, 03:03   Link #1460
inisipis

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The real Mirai "died" when she took off her red glasses and stabs Aki at the end of episode 9 where the KNK absorbs her body and disappears. The one fighting inside KNK for the last 3 month is just a shadow of Mirai but still with her consciousness, she's wearing dark rimmed glasses inside there. When the KNK was finally subdued and then returned to Akihito, the shadow Mirai also ends.

Mirai is finally revived back to life when Aki willed her back (probably with the control of KNK) and Aki returns to her her red glasses that she left from eps. 9

(Truth be told I really don't expect Mirai to really die since she's the Protagonist of a still on-going LN)
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood magic, demons, seinen, supernatural, tragic past