AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-03-08, 19:50   Link #21
silviachan

That's a cool project... Some titles that may be of interest could be Maple town first and second season (maybe the second one is more lively), Shin himitsu no Akkochan and Kakyuusei tv.

Quote:
Say, what is Peter Pan no Bouken's ("Adventures of Peter Pan") status as of today? I know it was licensed a long time ago, since I grew up watching the series on a local TV channel, but from what I understand the license seems to have expired (At the very least I know the local license DID expire here, in Israel).
This was broadcasted in Italy alog with the other said titles, and it was a very sweet title, very enjoyable. Another similar classic I really liked is Robin hood.
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 22:02   Link #22
Alcy
Left! Right! Seven! Cake!

Interesting idea! There are a lot of good older series that could use more exposure.

A suggestion, if you don't mind: Tsuide ni Tonchinkan (But it Doesn't Matter Anyway)? <3 It's a gag series (sort of like High School! Kimengumi) and was from the same time period (it even shares some of the OP/ED themes). I've been getting really curious about it lately...

I'd also be interested in seeing Tsuyoshi! Shikkarishinasai (Please Shape Up, Tsuyoshi!) subbed, I believe that was an older title as well, probably from the early 90s since there was a Super Famicom game based off of it, and there was a Wink song from the middle of their career as one of the theme songs.

Last edited by Alcy; 2006-03-09 at 03:03.
Alcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 22:32   Link #23
doink-chan
Hajimari no Kaze

Send a message via AIM to doink-chan Send a message via Yahoo to doink-chan
This is a pretty interesting idea as hopefully it will get more and more fansubbers interested in doing older series.

My suggestion is Idol Densetsu Eriko (Legendary Idol Eriko), which ran from 1989 to 1990. This is a series about an idol singer, just like FMoS, but unlike FMoS it isn't a magical girl show. It's also even more dramatic than FMoS! The series was also used to promote the real-life idol singer Tamura Eriko's career (as a side note, the real Eriko's currently living in L.A. ). Although a lot of the songs in the series reek of 80sness, they are catchy. Also, Hashimoto Maiko, who played Vision in the original Bubblegum Crisis, plays Eriko's rival Rei.

Hana no Ko Lunlun, Attack No. 1, and Minky Momo would be good choices too.
doink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 02:57   Link #24
Alcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doink-chan
My suggestion is Idol Densetsu Eriko (Legendary Idol Eriko), which ran from 1989 to 1990. This is a series about an idol singer, just like FMoS, but unlike FMoS it isn't a magical girl show. It's also even more dramatic than FMoS! The series was also used to promote the real-life idol singer Tamura Eriko's career (as a side note, the real Eriko's currently living in L.A. ). Although a lot of the songs in the series reek of 80sness, they are catchy.
Ooh! That sounds really interesting, both as a show and for the songs. I love 80s idol music. Seconded the recommendation!

I probably should've had a description with my earlier recommendation...I'll edit it now.
Old 2006-03-09, 11:35   Link #25
Access

Seriously if there is interest in Minky Momo I can have the first 8 eps. or so re-released, or hand off the scripts to whoever wants to brush it up and release it.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 20:04   Link #26
Sosseres

I guess it serves its purpose since I was wishing I was a tl when I read this after watching the first one shot. Ahh well
Sosseres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 01:03   Link #27
Fel
Clean up princess

It's better than nothing, so it gets the thumbs up!
Old 2006-03-12, 19:25   Link #28
Athanor

Well it worked i've learned that one group is gonna do this show (ok they were planning it before i did the one shot), and one translator pmed me about it so i diriged him to that group.

Anyway for all those who want to add quality on the script it can be found here: http://www.opensub.org/

All or further One Shot will be on it too. Also they'll be softsubbed as soon as we found how force the installation of font in .mkv (it's possible it happened to me once )

I hope that idea will work a little too ^__^

Anyway i've started working on the One Shot 02 and i've added all the suggestion to the to do list.
Athanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 22:35   Link #29
Alcy

Is Jarinko Chie (Chie the Brat) licensed? If not, I'd like to suggest that one as well. I really don't know anything about it, but I saw a screenshot today, it looked interesting.
Old 2006-03-22, 10:54   Link #30
sangofe

I wanna see what the soccer anime "Offside" looks like.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 08:48   Link #31
Random Otaku
Anime-Ken

Send a message via ICQ to Random Otaku
Well, with Karaoke and Typesetting nearing completion, I think now would be the right time to ask for any volunteers to be "one-shot" BT seeders for just this release. We'll be releasing an English version so demand for the release will probably be a LOT higher then we're used to, and I doubt we'll be able to provide with just the one 32kb/s seeder (and maybe another 13kb/s) we have.

PM me if you want to help out.
Random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 10:21   Link #32
EmptySoul
C1Anime

Adventures of Peter Pan

Actually... Our translator is very interested in this. She watched the show when she was little too, and if we were able to get raws. I can say that we'd definitely want to sub it. But I only got to talk to her a little but her reaction was like...

:O :O :O "I want raws!!"
"I'll translate it!!!!!!!"
"Lets sub it!!!"

So... yeah. Anyway I think it really is a great thing your'e doing. There are a lot of old animes and almost everyone has one that is nostalgic to them in some way or another.
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 12:22   Link #33
Random Otaku
Anime-Ken

Send a message via ICQ to Random Otaku
Well, I'll talk to our translator...I'm pretty sure he'll be happy to cough up some raws.

What a productive topic we have here, ne?
Random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 13:06   Link #34
EmptySoul
C1Anime

That'd be great. I'm sure we'd all really like to have that subbed so we can all see it again. I don't think we'd be able to start for a few more weeks though, after Shinigami no Balled is finished. ^_^
Old 2006-03-23, 15:30   Link #35
Ilpalazzo-sama

Thanks for the one-shot....but nooooo! It's over! I hope someone picks up this series
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 16:50   Link #36
Access

Do you still need raws for Peter Pan? PM me if it matters...
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 18:03   Link #37
Athanor

Same for me, i got the raws if you want.

Sent you a pm by the way ^__^
Athanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 02:19   Link #38
Hak_Foo

This is simply amazingly coincidencezvous!
I'm from Brazil, and I, too, had the pleasure of watching Peter Pan no Bouken as a kid.
I work on a fansub, too, but I haven't mentioned up to now about my idea of fansubbing that because I'd planned on downloading all the raws before mentioning that.
Unfortunately, though, there's just way too feeew people with the episodes on eMule and it's taking forever to download (forever as in... 0 bytes since March, 4th for the specific episode I wanna get: #27 <_< ).
So, basically, I'm interested in getting those RAWs too. =] And in case my friends don't get too happy with the idea, I'm planning on translating from the english version, but that's to be discussed later, in case that's the case. >]
So, please PM me about it, ok? Thanks a lot. =]
Seing as this thread ain't old, I'll wait for a reply and PM you later in case there's no answer.
Edit: Nah, I'll PM you two now. :P

See ye. o/

Hak_Foo

Last edited by Hak_Foo; 2006-03-24 at 09:32. Reason: nothing major, just rewording some things
Hak_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 02:53   Link #39
EmptySoul
C1Anime

I can say that we'll be subbing this for sure now... thanks a lot for helping us with the raws guys. ^_^
Old 2006-03-25, 11:05   Link #40
sangofe

What about "Offside", nobody interested ?
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote