AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 16 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 10.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 13.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 11.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 5.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 5.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 5.83%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 4.17%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 9.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-26, 13:14   Link #141
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
It's a giant finger to everyone who allowed themselves to be trolled with the shit writing these last few episodes.

But seriously, why even compare one to the other? It's not like Shoko found happiness at the expense of L-Elf's. He clearly found his own happiness despite everything.
At the expense of Haruto's death that caused L-elf to tear because he lost a "friend". Honesty I just really hate seeing competent people died while useless people got to lived.
Old 2013-12-26, 13:14   Link #142
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
What weird? It's clearly a PLOT HOLE!
I meant to say maybe we will get more episodes/ova's etc..............
Old 2013-12-26, 13:17   Link #143
Thess

Quote:
@zerriet - as far as wrapping up the final conflict in the present day Shoko didn't do much but brood. Heck, it was the green-haired side prop character that ended up trying to talk sense into Iori.
You can't imagine how that made me facepalm. It's like they did it on purpose. At least I was hoping she would do that.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-26, 13:18   Link #144
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
At the expense of Haruto's death that caused L-elf to tear because he lost a "friend". Honesty I just really hate seeing competent people died while useless people got to lived.
Haruto dying was well in the cards before this whole beef with Shoko even started. Only people in denial didn't see this coming. Trying to blame it on Shoko is just grasping at this point.
Old 2013-12-26, 13:19   Link #145
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
That one line missing doesn't mean a whole storyline got scrapped (though this likely did happen). More like just one scene.
I was referring to the scene where she confronts Cain, but we're still on the same wavelength.

I still gotta see this episode for myself. What are your thoughts on it?
Old 2013-12-26, 13:20   Link #146
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
I meant to say maybe we will get more episodes/ova's etc..............
Nah. It's clearly impossible considering the COW Galactic Empire and that they butchered it so heavily
Old 2013-12-26, 13:29   Link #147
Twi

I think this ending upset me more that Eureka Seven AO's did. And that's saying something.
Old 2013-12-26, 13:31   Link #148
Thess

Quote:
Haruto dying was well in the cards before this whole beef with Shoko even started. Only people in denial didn't see this coming. Trying to blame it on Shoko is just grasping at this point.
I think that his point was if Shoko had become a pilot before instead of crying and sitting her ass while everyone else did everything, there would be a back-up pilot, so chances were Haruto wasn't going to die if he wasn't the only Hito pilot. He would have been without most of his memories, but alive.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-26, 13:32   Link #149
Njet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerriet View Post
so we have to wait for a potential season 3, before everybody can forget about the mistakes she made this season?
That's a pretty big leap considering the sales for season two look like it's going to bomb hard.
Old 2013-12-26, 13:32   Link #150
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Actually now that we think about it, being a Kamitsuki itself isn't a curse. But it being the pilot of the Valvrave unit 1.
Old 2013-12-26, 13:33   Link #151
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I was referring to the scene where she confronts Cain, but we're still on the same wavelength.

I still gotta see this episode for myself. What are your thoughts on it?
Gotta do a rewatch for proper impressions due to the crappy stream (lagging and sound cut out a few times for me) but it felt a bit like a return to the first season's silliness. The way people were actually willing to second guess what they were seeing after how easily they believed things in episode 21 felt like a tongue in cheek moment from the writers. I enjoyed the action scenes, could've done without the Woobie story from the Magius (they really need to learn how to give backstory over time instead of just dumping it in one go).

Quote:
I think that his point was if Shoko had become a pilot before instead of crying and sitting her ass while everyone else did everything, there would be a back-up pilot, so chances were Haruto wasn't going to die if he wasn't the only Hito pilot. He would have been without most of his memories, but alive.
That's an assumption this episode doesn't seem to support. A lot of us were expecting L-Elf to be the one losing his memories and runes once Haruto jacked him to pilot. That's not what happened. Unless people seriously think they were actually going to let Shoko fight the last boss. In which case, I'd like to know what some of you are smoking.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2013-12-26 at 13:44. Reason: punctuation
Old 2013-12-26, 13:35   Link #152
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

So much for the theory about the Prince being both L-Elf & Haruto's descendent. The clone theory is still up in the air though. Or he is simply L-Elf's descendent that just happens to look a bit like Haruto in some regards (red herring?).

Another thing I should point out, all the flashforwards this season were in the year 211. The very first flashforward in episode 7 was in 214. There is room for a season set in the year 214 since things are clearly not stable. Still, I doubt it will happen.

So what now? Shoko goes anti-empire & leads the cow nation....XD jk.
  • We have the G7. [Looks like only Saki & Akira are the only members of the original five that are members]
  • The Prince's relevancy to the plot because I doubt his only purpose was to be told bedtime stories.
  • + so many other plot points that were never touched upon. *Sigh*
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-12-26, 13:38   Link #153
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
So much for the theory about the Prince being both L-Elf & Haruto's descendent. The clone theory is still up in the air though. Or he is simply L-Elf's descendent that just happens to look a bit like Haruto in some regards (red herring?).

Another thing I should point out, all the flashforwards this season were in the year 211. The very first flashforward in episode 7 was in 214. There is room for a season set in the year 214 since things are clearly not stable. Still, I doubt it will happen.

So what now? Shoko goes anti-empire & leads the cow nation....XD jk.
  • We have the G7. [Looks like only Saki & Akira are the only members of the original five that are members]
  • The Prince's relevancy to the plot because I doubt his only purpose was to be told bedtime stories.
  • + so many other plot points that were never touched upon. *Sigh*
Damn the Japanese who won't buy the blu-ray!!!!

Honesty I believe a lot of scenes were rushed and probably a potential sequel is scrapped because of the low BR sales. The pacing of season 1 and season 2 is just too different, season 1 take it time and season just rushed through everything.
Old 2013-12-26, 13:39   Link #154
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
The episode didn't disappoint me as much as other, probably because I was mostly expecting it to end this way.

I wish Q-Vier had lived and redeemed himself, but oh well. That Haruto, and L-Elf scene was really touching. The wedding was nice especially with A-Drei catching the bouquet, looks like he can finally live happily ever after with L-Elf. It's a good thing he's been practicing yelling L-Elf's name, I'm pretty sure he's going to be doing a lot of that in the future. *snorts* Sorry I have a dirty mind, please don't mind me. But seriously, the only thing that kind of annoyed me was Shoko becoming Hito's next pilot. It probably wouldn't have annoyed me at all if she had at least done something in this episode other than brood, but she didn't...not really.
Old 2013-12-26, 13:39   Link #155
Irenesharda

I don't really know how I feel about this episode, and since I need subs to truly understand what went on, I'll reserve judgement. However, there were some things I liked, some things I didn't, and whole lot of plot holes that they just didn't want to bother answering.

So they planned an empire but they don't really explain how it came about. The Magius get slaughtered despite how hard it is to kill these things, yet humans slaughtered them all? Also, so much for coexistence....all the Magius weren't at fault and yet they all die. However, I'm assuming that from the end scene, the Empire seems pretty friendly with other alien races.

I thought Cain's fight was pretty good though it was ridiculous that it all just just pushed into one episode. If you're going to leave H-neun dead, you should have show his death in the first place. However, X-eins and Q-vier's deaths were pretty good. Cain's last act of saving Prue's life was sad and sweet. He wasn't really a bad guy, he was simply acting in the best interests of his people.

Haruto's death was okay, but a little rushed a cheesy, and that whole epilogue was ridiculously rushed. I'm guessing from the way L-elf was dressed, he's the new emperor now, which would explain the fact that the prince is his descendant. Shoko does absolutely nothing this episode by cry and then eventually becomes a pilot for VVV1.

I'm guessing Prue and Pino never are explained and never get out of that engine. Also, the ceremony the Magius were planning is never explained. The also don't explain who it is the Empire is still fighting in the future.

This really just seemed very rushed and many things they didn't bother to cover. I'm a little happy and disappointed all at the same time.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-26, 13:39   Link #156
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
A-drei married L-Elf (he caught the bouquet, he's the next bride to be!) and he had Papa Tokishima (who is still in Dorssia!) made a royal baby for the new couple, which had some Haruto DNA sneaked there because it's his masterpiece! 200 years in the future, the royal bloodline looks like that.

There. Mystery solved.

Old 2013-12-26, 13:39   Link #157
zerriet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
just wanted to know your opinion, if lets say there were to be a season 3 with Shoko being the potential main and leading the golden 7, would you see it?
Old 2013-12-26, 13:40   Link #158
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Gotta do a rewatch for proper impressions due to the crappy stream (lagging and sound cut out a few times for me) but it felt a bit like a return to the first season's silliness. The way people were actually willing to second guess what they were seeing after how easily they believed things in episode 21 felt like a tongue in cheek moment from the writers. I enjoyed the action scenes could've done without the Woobie story from the Magius (they really need to learn how to give backstory over time instead of just dumping it in one go).
OK. I gotta watch it with subs for myself too. Only been going off reactions which is why I'm holding off on judging it. It seems like it was a solid episode episode (by Valvrave standards ) and the main problem a lot of people have with it is the epilogue with the timeskip. That a fair analysis at the moment?
Old 2013-12-26, 13:41   Link #159
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerriet View Post
just wanted to know your opinion, if lets say there were to be a season 3 with Shoko being the potential main and leading the golden 7, would you see it?
I wouldn't watch it, so it doesn't affect me.

Old 2013-12-26, 13:42   Link #160
zerriet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
OK. I gotta watch it with subs for myself too. Only been going off reactions which is why I'm holding off on judging it. It seems like it was a solid episode episode (by Valvrave standards ) and the main problem a lot of people have with it is the epilogue with the timeskip. That a fair analysis at the moment?
seems to be the case apparently, it might be an introduction to a potential season 3 or OVA, but hopefully it doesnt become GSD standard
Closed Thread