AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 16 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 10.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 13.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 11.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 5.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 5.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 5.83%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 4.17%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 9.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-28, 07:34   Link #521
zero7090

Quote:
Is it so weird to see Shoko wearing unit 01 suit and become its pilot? Shoko likes Haruto and didnt believe him in the end whatsmore he sacrifice everthing to let them happy. Shoko cried and feel regret but still stand up to take on Haruto's legacy just to repent her action. Seriously not that shocking isit? Thats childhood friend for you. Eventhou Saki's cases very sad still her love and promise wont change. thats love and what a good way to kill out triangle love. WEW!
because just cry is enough for redemption, and no taking up Haruto legacy is not even minus that you can use that for redemption. Heck, it is a freaking privilege to taking up his legacy.
Old 2013-12-28, 07:41   Link #522
Key Board
Carbon

I think Haruto damaged both Shoko's and Saki's future

Saki probably stares at her locket everyday while Shoko talks to Haruto's statue
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-28, 08:25   Link #523
~BC~

I think both girls learned to move on from Haruto but he's always going to be a big part of who they are regardless. Ditto for L-Elf.
Old 2013-12-28, 08:27   Link #524
zztop

I hope the series will be good exposure for Katsura Hoshino's talents to be used for another anime.
Old 2013-12-28, 09:45   Link #525
MCAL

Ironically the ending would have been better if there wasn't a time-skip at all.

But enough about that, Sunrise realized what was the ultimate OTP. HarutoxL-Elf forever!!
Old 2013-12-28, 10:30   Link #526
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Finally got some time to leave my impressions as well. It'll be brief: I didn't enjoy it. It was of course always going to be rushed, but as far as closure and outcomes for the characters go, it was more of a joke than anything else- Shoko and Akira in particular bother me- I already knew Saki's ending wouldn't be too satisfying. Ironically, as some have already said, it would have been a bit less awful without the flash forward.

The only positive things were Takahi and Satomi and A-Drei.

As a finale for this rollercoaster of a show it was a pretty huge letdown, and I can barely get myself to care for either the show nor any of the side material. I would not watch or read any future material, although chances of that happening are slim to none anyways.
Shame it ended this way, it's been fun in the past and it's sparked some interesting debates.
Old 2013-12-28, 12:04   Link #527
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
If these Nico Nico survey numbers for the last episode are indicative of the future of Valvrave with 1 being "AWESOME" to 5 being "WHY I WATCH THIS?!!" (translation dramatized), I think this series is done.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Unless they do a complete reboot and be about Shoko, Saki, ad Akira being the main pilots, and L-elf be their commander with A-drei assisting them.
Old 2013-12-28, 12:21   Link #528
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I think they screwed up royally on Shouko. And I think most of their themes became horribly muddled by inconsistencies.

Those were probably the two biggest turn-offs for Valvrave viewers over the past few episodes, including this finale.

The writers probably underestimated how most viewers would react to Shouko's actions in the ARUS Purge episode. And so by extension they underestimated what they would need to do in order to effectively redeem her.

As for muddled themes - The whole co-exist thing was poorly handled. We're supposed to cheer on Haruto/L-Elf's co-exist movement, but at the same time we're supposed to cheer on the eradication of the Magius. Either could work alone, but together, it looks kinda bizarre and inconsistent.

The writers didn't think through the implications of their plot points enough, so they failed to avoid nasty inconsistencies that give a sour after-taste.

At the end of the day, this show really would have benefited from an iron-fisted Editor that could harness the skills of the writers but also correct their weaknesses.
Old 2013-12-28, 12:23   Link #529
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Suddenly, Shouko Nanoha

Unfortunately, that pig ARUS president still exists...Ugh, he's the worst of the worst....should have killed him off. He's worse than any Magius

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2013-12-28 at 12:35.
Old 2013-12-28, 12:37   Link #530
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Triple R, I think you nailed it with your latest post. That's pretty much in line with how I see it too. Real shame it played out this way though, all the potential for a good show was there...
Old 2013-12-28, 12:40   Link #531
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Remember that the magius were only defeated because ARUS betrayed them, the VVV pilots themselves did not do much aside from destroying their stolen unit and one commander. The most under-developed (and arguably cowardly) faction was the real hero.
Old 2013-12-28, 12:41   Link #532
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
We're supposed to cheer on Haruto/L-Elf's co-exist movement, but at the same time we're supposed to cheer on the eradication of the Magius. Either could work alone, but together, it looks kinda bizarre and inconsistent.
They effectively crapped on Liselotte's last wish there...nice going Okuichi

Also...no explanation as to how the Magius are suddenly now killable by guns...
Old 2013-12-28, 12:44   Link #533
ScudFace

Its like sunrise had a choice to make two weeks ago whether to give this show another season or not and they chose to kill it thus leaving us with a shitty and rushed finale. They could have at least given us a plot twist and a WTF moment instead of this tepid and lame ass ending. bleh
Old 2013-12-28, 13:03   Link #534
Nitestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
They effectively crapped on Liselotte's last wish there...nice going Okuichi

Also...no explanation as to how the Magius are suddenly now killable by guns...

Regeneration requires runes, and you eventually run out. So guns can kill them, its just that you have to keep killing them until they finally die for good. Kind of a cruel way if you ask me. Then again, I didn't agree with the genocide in general.

What ever happened to trials in the world of Valvrave?
Old 2013-12-28, 13:54   Link #535
Key Board
Carbon

Time to repost this

Spoiler:

the show doesn't have a very high opinion on people as a mass

democracy is just a popularity contest, and when Haruto said they need to ask everyone on how to solve the co-existence issue,
the world's response is to start a Magius witch hunt

It's actually kinda poetic in a broken aesop kind of way
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-28, 15:08   Link #536
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
2) Why do you guys think the kid belongs to L-elf? Because he looks like L-elf and got white hair? Dude A-drei got white hair too and what if A-drei became emperor?
A-drei doesn't have white hair: his hair is of a shade of lavender. Why would he become Emperor when it's L-Elf the one who wants to make a country for humans and kamitsuki and has always been the one ruling the Module? L-Elf and Haruto were the ones with this mission and now Haruto's dead.

But I agree that the kid has nothing to do with Saki or Shoko. If L-Elf married someone it's a political union with strategic purposes like A-drei himself. It's the future, thinking the only way to give birth is the natural way when half of the cast was made in a laboratory is funny.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-28, 15:30   Link #537
Key Board
Carbon

Prince is probably vat grown
The absence of his parents is suspicious
Old 2013-12-28, 15:31   Link #538
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

^ I have no idea why people still think that kid has anything to do with Shoko in all honesty... the theory of him being a descendant of L-Elf I can kind of see because of the hair, that's fair enough.
But he never had a single visual trait of Shoko in the first place (or Saki for that matter) and given the circumstances that doesn't make much sense...

It somehow seems more likely to me that he's not born naturally though. Also, does it even matter? He clearly was just an excuse so Saki and Akira had something other than a wall to do storytime with
Old 2013-12-28, 15:32   Link #539
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I always thought the kid was just there as a red herring, personally speaking.

I got an alternative epilogue plot twist. It turns out Saki is actually retelling the events to Haruto. Don't kill him off, just have lose all his memories. This way even though he can't remember what happened, someone was still able to tell him the story of how L-Elf and him exposed the truth to the world. To him it'll just be a story about a hero. Granted you would have to take future kid out of the equation.
Old 2013-12-28, 16:05   Link #540
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitestorm View Post

What ever happened to trials in the world of Valvrave?
If you're a speciesist trial is only for those with Human rights. Magius was never human to begin with.

Kamitsuki can be classified as a transhumanist human subspecies. Prof. Tokishima does call them Homo Sapien Novus.

There is a likelihood of Human supremacists.

I imagine Kamitsuki trying to avoid the Ubermench supremacist philosophy among them changed the question from "Do you resign your humanity" to "Do you believe in Humans.".
Closed Thread