tetsuo69

1. Yondaime
2. Sandaime
3. Jiraiya / Orochimaru / Tsunade
4. Akatsuki Leader
5. Itachi
Old 2006-03-04, 09:28   Link #82
Aphatjoint

During the anime, the fight between naruto and sasuke at the valley of the end, i dont think we can say sasuke won. I think narutos main goal was to leave a scratch on sasukes forehead protector, which was said in the fight on the rooftops in konoho villege. I think later on in the series it will be revealed so perhaps naruto won.
Aphatjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 14:49   Link #83
Arti

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
MS isn't unstoppable; however Jiraiya had shown nothing to stop the MS. Please tell me how Jiraiya, with anything shown so far, can stop someone who can kill just by looking at you? Even at the other extreme, Deidara couldn't do crap against an inexperienced MS kakashi who can send people and things into other dimensions just with a simple gaze. We are talking about the mastery of time and space itself here (in other words, godlike powers); and not conventional attacks that are bounded by the laws of the universe.
I'll cite Jiraiya's frog esophagus thing jutsu: he thought it was unstoppable until Itachi countered it with a never-before-seen technique. I think it's very possible that someone has a never-before-seen counter to Itachi's MS sharingan.

Of course, you would have already known that had you actually read my post.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 15:24   Link #84
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

1. Shadow

2. Ryu Hayabusa

3. MIchaelangelo/Donatello/Raphael/Leonardo

4. The Shredder

5. Yuffie Kisaragi

Errr... am I confused?
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 18:10   Link #85
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arti
I'll cite Jiraiya's frog esophagus thing jutsu: he thought it was unstoppable until Itachi countered it with a never-before-seen technique. I think it's very possible that someone has a never-before-seen counter to Itachi's MS sharingan.
I don't think there are jutsu able to counter a direct hit from the jutsu of the MS but in the other hand there are many ways to avoid them.
What make the jutsu of the MS so deadly isn't the fact they're instant kill if they hit you, many others jutsu do that. In fact even a kunai correctly used can do this job.
What is truly dangerous about them is that they are very difficult to avoid in the first place because they work at sight directly on the target and thus doesn't have to travel toward the ennemy.
Naruto's chakra bullet in 4-tailed form or Deidara's #18 bomb hold more mass destructive power than the Amaterasu and Kakashi's jutsu but it is posssible to put something between the projectile and you to negate the effects whereas in the case of the MS justu you have to avoid the glance before the jutsu is even used or it will hit.
This is why these jutsu are so frightening.

But while it's difficult it's far from impossible, it just needs particular abilities.
Gai's skill in Taijutsu to fight while never looking at the opponent's eyes works well against the Tsukiyomi even if not enough against MS Ninjutsu. Zabuza's thick mist along with ability to kill only from hearing his opponent, or smoke bomb along with very strong sense of smell for example are in the other hand very good to negate sight.
Using many Kage Bunshin or another jutsu of the sort to present many fake targets against a MS user can do the job as well because a MS user can't allow to use it too many time.
Shodai's Genjutsu allows to negate sight as well and it's not impossible that it can work if the MS user isn't good enough to see through it thanks to the Sharingan.
Of course it's easier said than done because the Sharingan can see through most Ninjutsu and Genjutsu but like I said it's far from impossible especially when we talk about some of the best Ninja in the world with huge arsenal of jutsu at their disposal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphatjoint
During the anime, the fight between naruto and sasuke at the valley of the end, i dont think we can say sasuke won. I think narutos main goal was to leave a scratch on sasukes forehead protector, which was said in the fight on the rooftops in konoho villege. I think later on in the series it will be revealed so perhaps naruto won.
Not only what you say is rather ridiculous but what's the point with the current thread anyway?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 12:52   Link #86
Rock_Lee Lotus Champ

Noob to Naruto

Um ive seen all the episodes up to 174 but i havent really known must of the ninja u guys are talking about i know the sannins i know itachi and i know orchimaru but not the others also why isnt Naruto wone of the top ninja anyways if possible can u give me ur backround info on then inja i didnt mension
Rock_Lee Lotus Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 13:45   Link #87
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Most here talk about Itachi because:
- He looks cool and is Sasuke's brother
- He killed his own clan
- Has a powerfull eye technique Mangekyou Sharingan
- He is skilled

But so far after the massacre we havent seen Itachi kill even 1 person..and the 2 times we've seen him in action (Anime) he ran away...

The Sannin because:
- The are powerfull and have lots of techniques
- The have a famous name and are legendary
- The are one of the most powerfull ninja's so far

They dont talk about Naruto much because:
- Naruto doesnt think clever and is clumpsy
- They separate Naruto from the Kyuubi and there for many times they say...the Kyuubi won...and not Naruto.

As for your question...there is a huge list remaining of powerfull characters so to mention them all is too much but i'll give some:

1st Hokage: he ended the war and united the clans to join up...fight as a united "Leaf" Shinobi

2nd Hokage: he created the ninja academy was the brother of the first hokage...he was also like any hokage so far...very powerful

3rd Hokage: was a genius who inherited the spirit/character to protect the village he was considred the strongest Kage alive compared to the other Kage's (Kazekage, Mizukage, RaiKage forgot the other Kage's name)

Sensei of the students: The Sannin (Orochimaru, Tsunade & Jiraiya)

4th Hokage: Another Genius, there are many indications that this ninja was the best amoung all ninja's. Before he became Hokage he was known and feared he had just like the previous (1-3) Hokages the powerfull will to defend this village even at the cost of his own life. He was cheerfull and very similair to Naruto as for character.
He died very young against the powerfull Kyuubi.

His sensei was the Jiraiya from the Legendary Sannin and the only student ninja that is still alive is: Hatake Kakashi.

Hatake Kakashi: son of Hatake Sakumo (known as Konoha's White Fang) Kakashi is a genius like his father and has the Sharingan..Kakashi became very early a genin, chuunin and jounin...he is considred one of the best genius amoung all ninja's. He has achieved alot.

other top ninja's are...different ofcourse all to our opinion...i suggest you try searching info about these ninja's on the internet...since there is too much to tell about them
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 15:35   Link #88
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
This suggests that Kyuubi defeated him though which isn't the case. The 4th died because of his deal with the death god (with the information known) in the sealing of Kyuubi.
Old 2006-03-08, 15:36   Link #89
mind

Top five ninjas

1. Of Course Yondaime (you who have read the manga chapters understand what I mean)
2. Sandaime
3. Nidaime, Shodaime
4. Itachi
5. Orochimaru, Tsunade, Jiraiya

Akatsuki is not included since they haven't been introduced yet (except Itachi)
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 15:50   Link #90
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind
1. Of Course Yondaime (you who have read the manga chapters understand what I mean)
2. Sandaime
3. Nidaime, Shodaime
4. Itachi
5. Orochimaru, Tsunade, Jiraiya

Akatsuki is not included since they haven't been introduced yet (except Itachi)
I have read the manga, a lot, and I don’t recall nothing that puts Yondaime in a sure 1st place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
4th Hokage: Another Genius, there are many indications that this ninja was the best amoung all ninja's. Before he became Hokage he was known and feared he had just like the previous (1-3) Hokages the powerfull will to defend this village even at the cost of his own life. He was cheerfull and very similair to Naruto as for character.
No, there is not any indication that put him above all.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 18:29   Link #91
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
I have read the manga, a lot, and I don’t recall nothing that puts Yondaime in a sure 1st place.

yes there is but i am not going to argue about that since that happens for a couple years now...and people are still argueing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
This suggests that Kyuubi defeated him though which isn't the case. The 4th died because of his deal with the death god (with the information known) in the sealing of Kyuubi.
True but in the end...it comes down to the same thing. He died against... cuz if it werent for the Kyuubi he wouldnt die..therefor he died "against"

Same as [Movie: Gladiator]
Final battle of the gladiator...
Maximus killed the Emperor but still he died "against" the emperor
Old 2006-03-08, 19:22   Link #92
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
yes there is but i am not going to argue about that since that happens for a couple years now...and people are still argueing..
Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject, but at least, can you point me where is implied this? I mean, I now it has been implied that he is one of the Best shown so far, and the Greates (Front Jiraya's Point of view), but I can't recall it was implied he is above all sShinoby's.

BTW, I'm not looking for a 5 pages, 1000 words per post arguement, it just that you can indicate that is your opinion that he is the best, but not as mind put it in words (or you in this case) "The Best of all, because this was implied somewhere in the Manga", I'm nitpicking.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 05:36   Link #93
drunkenlotus
huhhh

I say it on every thread, and I'll say it again. Ranking is NOT POSSIBLE!!!!

The top 5, in no order, THAT WE HAVE SEEN (This excludes the Akatsuki Leader and Yondaime, we have not seen enough.), are Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Sandaime, and Itachi.

Now then, we are assuming that Sarutobi is in his prime. I rank him above the others. The professor just wins.

Now things get interesting. Itachi fled from Jiraiya. Itachi's not stupid, and didn't want trouble. I am deducing by the nature of their fighting skills that Jiraiya could most likely oust Itachi in a duel. Once Gamabunta is out, Itachi has to deal with 2 fatties, things don't look good as he can only Mangekyou one of them at once, and they both know his tricks anyway.

So...I would then proceed to place Itachi below Jiraiya. But no, that would be stupid of me, because Tsunade and Oro are still around. Tsunade has never fought Jiraiya, but I do believe it is safe to assume that she is at the bottom of the five afformentioned characters. By the nature of their fighting styles, Oro has a pretty big advantage over Jiraiya in a lot of areas, though Jiraiya does have some trump cards that would be effective against Oro. However, Oro was considered for the Hokage position, NOT Jiraiya. Oro's sbilities off of the battlefield are also impressive. I place Orochimaru over Jiraiya.

BUT FUCK. Itachi is supposed to own Orochimaru because he counters his ninjutsu with his sharingan!!! So basically it's like pokemon, and the three of those guys counter each other. So....

Sandaime
Jiraiya > Itachi > Orochimaru > Jiraiya > Itachi > Orochimaru.....
Tsunade

That is all.
drunkenlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 18:01   Link #94
itachistyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenlotus
I

Now things get interesting. Itachi fled from Jiraiya. Itachi's not stupid, and didn't want trouble. I am deducing by the nature of their fighting skills that Jiraiya could most likely oust Itachi in a duel. Once Gamabunta is out, Itachi has to deal with 2 fatties, things don't look good as he can only Mangekyou one of them at once, and they both know his tricks anyway.
Jiraiya > Itachi > Orochimaru > Jiraiya > Itachi > Orochimaru.....
Tsunade

That is all.
you could easily say the same for Oro with Manda......but Oro himself admitted that Itachi was stronger than him.....so you can see there is a flaw in your logic.
itachistyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 18:08   Link #95
Ero-Senn1n

1, Yondaime
2, Sandaime
3, akatsuki leader
4, Itachi
5, 1st hokage

6, Orochimaru
7, Jiraiya
( 8, akatsuki kunoichi who is Naruto's mother )
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 18:34   Link #96
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik

I'll ditto Rurik on this...

He might have been the wtfbbqHOTsauce of them all and there might even be hero worship of him in Konoha or the secret uchiha shrine might say "yondaime is the strongest ninja ever and that ever will be" but we don't know that yet.

From what we've seen (and I'm not talking about Yellowflash's posts) we can't say for sure he is #1. Yes, it is reasonable to put him #1 in your own estimation but as fact of the Narutoverse?... absolutely not.
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 11:05   Link #97
malvado

We should include Sandaime kazekage as well who was superior to the sannins in my opinion.
malvado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 12:18   Link #98
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvado
We should include Sandaime kazekage as well who was superior to the sannins in my opinion.
True...

I believe during the time Yondaime Hokage was alive was an era of the most powerfull shinobi..and "kages"...

Kage order was probably during that time:

Yondaime Hokage (1) - Sandaime Kazekage (2) - (retired) Sandaime Hokage (3) -
Old 2006-03-10, 14:24   Link #99
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The 3rd Kazekage was killed years before Yondaime became Hokage.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 16:13   Link #100
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
The 3rd Kazekage was killed years before Yondaime became Hokage.
Really? Dont mean to be rude but can you post me the chapter and page plz.

I take most comments as positive reactions..and only do so to increase my...knownlegde about this anime