4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-01-01, 16:15   Link #321
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I know that the portrayal of racism/discrimination in Code Geass is a bit overkill. But, you guys are taking it too seriously. This is an anime. So the portrayal can be as extreme as they want, it can be as realistic/unrealistic as they want, etc... They just want us to get the message clearly & also want us to show sympathy for the oppressed Japanese. There's no rocket science there.

We should have Akito come on after the ending credits & say "No one was harmed during the making of this OVA" *Inserts rape face* END

^Just so that you guys won't nitpick over it.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 17:20   Link #322
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
AARRRRR, MY AVATAR, I LOVE YOU 2WINTAIL LEILA

I LOVE YOU BODYSUIT GIRLS

THAT AYANO BUTT, THOSE HANDS AKIMBO
I gotta join that squad! Wait.... Eleven's only? Damn.... wait, I'm Euro, surely that counts, right? I totally wanna Brain Raid with the girls, don't worry I'm totally innocent. All I'll be chanting is "pantsu!" and the girls will gradually get wet.... cough I mean happy. Yes, violence solves nothing, love power always wins!
You're not the only one loving it.

IMO, Code Geass is one of those animes who really knows how to do fanservice correctly.
Old 2014-01-02, 00:50   Link #323
Masurao45

For some reason the Alexander Knightmare Frames is starting to remind me of GX-01 from Nightmare of Nunnally because of KF have a squad of more than 1 unit and have technology that connects to Geass. Think about the Geass Conductor to Brain Raid as well as each unit's unique traits such as Lucretia's and Yukiya's Sniper Rifle for example. Leila may as well be like Alice from NoN since her friendship with Anna is similar to Nunnally's and Anna's character design looks just like Nunnally's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
FINALLY!!! I just saw it.

I so called it when I said that Julius = Brainwashed/Geassed Lelouch. This episode basically confirmed it. Looks like the year Lelouch spent with Rolo was retconned into just a few months, with implanted year long memories. (Lol if you remember that Goku & Co. did a year's worth of training in a week. That's the first thing that came to mind when I think about Lelouch having fabricated year long memories)
It's possible since there's a girl named Clara Lamperouge who is taking position as a student of Ashford in Lelouch's and Rolo's place in Oz The Reflection and that the 1st picture drama of R2 Urabe, Kallen, and C.C. were taking pictures of Lelouch before regaining back his memories. If Clara was taken out, it would be possible that Rolo was called in. But that has yet to be revealed as Oz the Reflection story progresses. The other part of me doesn't want to think Julius is Lelouch because the side stories are starting to grasp elements from Non Canon spinoffs SoZ, NoN, RoD, the games such as DS and Lost Colors, and Tales of an Alternate Shogunate. So chances are like I said, Julius may or may not be Lelouch and speaking of which, I need to request a fan art of Lelouch and Julius as twins. Adding Rolo from NoN would be nice as well.
Masurao45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 09:16   Link #324
hamazura
whatever

OMG dat pilot suit so FRICKIN' TIGHT!, and THOSE BAZOONGAS!, SO FRICKIN' HUGE!

iirc in R2, brittania has already conquered EU. so from this episode, the brainwashed lelouch will become julius, the master strategist of britannia to defeat EU but akito managed to kill his brother and then quit from war to live in piece with his harem, big boobs leia and ayano, the other 2 dude can just die, and then lelouchs memory will be erased by charles and send back to his school
-i can already see the ending!-

Last edited by hamazura; 2014-01-02 at 09:29.
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 10:27   Link #325
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
You're not the only one loving it.

IMO, Code Geass is one of those animes who really knows how to do fanservice correctly.
To me it's more like they do it correctly when I least expected it. Plenty of times throughout the Code Geass series, Kallen's infamous bath scene, Villetta's naked body covered by a bed sheet, Kallen's numerous cockpit butt shots, just look at this 2nd episode of Akito the Exiled, I never dreamed they'd actually show us Leila putting on the body suit from naked to finish! The only thing that upsets me about that is.... WHY NO AYANO SCENE OF HER PUTTING ON THE BODY SUIT ARRRRGGGGHH MY RAGE IS REACHING CRITICAL MASS Episode 03, Sunrise. You better put Ayano's bodysuit dressing scene in, or this series is dropped

By the way, there's a very important topic I've been meaning to discuss with everyone. It's so important, and NSFW so click the nsfw tag to read.
NSFW
IMPORTANT PLOT DISCUSSION
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
See, this is how you talk about plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
OMG dat pilot suit so FRICKIN' TIGHT!, and THOSE BAZOONGAS!, SO FRICKIN' HUGE!

iirc in R2, brittania has already conquered EU. so from this episode, the brainwashed lelouch will become julius, the master strategist of britannia to defeat EU but akito managed to kill his brother and then quit from war to live in piece with his harem, big boobs leia and ayano, the other 2 dude can just die, and then lelouchs memory will be erased by charles and send back to his school
-i can already see the ending!-
Ah ah ah you missed one important detail! They'll live in a cabin out yonder the great plains of europe, oh, Akito has to suffer some kind of bodily injury. Girls love a guy who risked body and soul to protect them*

*taken from mangatron's delusional Book of Chivalry: The Definitive hentaitron Edition
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 16:22   Link #326
MCAL

This episode was much better than the first episode, but I do agree that it is still somewhat lacking. Doesn't have that old Code Geass flair. Understandable, since the director and writer is different (Though still quite competent). I am interested in seeing where they are taking the reintroduction of Lelouch and Suzaku (Is that Lancelot I see in the preview?) into the story.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 16:35   Link #327
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
This episode was much better than the first episode, but I do agree that it is still somewhat lacking. Doesn't have that old Code Geass flair. Understandable, since the director and writer is different (Though still quite competent). I am interested in seeing where they are taking the reintroduction of Lelouch and Suzaku (Is that Lancelot I see in the preview?) into the story.
Your eyes do not deceive you, that is the Lancelot in the preview. I'm also looking forward to Suzaku & notLelouch's reintroduction. Sucks to be the EU when you have the most OP knightmare with it's OP pilot & the greatest strategist in the series breathing down your neck.

No wonder the EU fell by the time R2 rolled in. Schneizel was credited for their downfall in R2 & now it has been partially retconned with a brainwashed Lelouch also playing a part in their collapse. It makes a lot of sense, they just can't compete with the two deadliest strategists this series has to offer. (I applaud Sunrise for such a well placed retcon, it doesn't contradict the story at all. It actually adds to how the EU fell so fast [1 year] between both seasons)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2014-01-02 at 19:36.
Old 2014-01-02, 19:55   Link #328
kaiser11492

Quote:
Your eyes do not deceive you, that is the Lancelot in the preview. I'm also looking forward to Suzaku & notLelouch's reintroduction. Sucks to be the EU when you have the most OP knightmare with it's OP pilot & the greatest strategist in the series breathing down your neck.

No wonder the EU fell by the time R2 rolled in. Schneizel was credited for their downfall in R2 & now it has been partially retconned with a brainwashed Lelouch also playing a part in their collapse. It makes a lot of sense, they just can't compete with the two deadliest strategists this series has to offer. (I applaud Sunrise for such a well placed retcon, it doesn't contradict the story at all. It actually adds to how the EU fell so fast [1 year] between both seasons)
If you notice, the Lancelot has a shield on its arm that looks like the pin indicating Suzaku as Euphemia's Knight of Honor.

It's also indicated the EU was also quickly defeated due to their disorganization, disunity, and corruption.

We know Schneziel is able to weaken them through diplomacy since he negotiated with the individual EU nations, which are trying to protect their own interests and the not the interest of the EU as a whole. The EU is also extremely large, meaning that their forces are most likely over stretched and hard to coordinate. You can also bet that non-European EU territories, such as Africa and Turkey, would have very little sympathy for the EU. The OVAs also show that the EU politicians are extremely corrupt, willing to do anything to maintain power and popularity.
kaiser11492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 20:55   Link #329
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser11492 View Post
If you notice, the Lancelot has a shield on its arm that looks like the pin indicating Suzaku as Euphemia's Knight of Honor.

It's also indicated the EU was also quickly defeated due to their disorganization, disunity, and corruption.

We know Schneziel is able to weaken them through diplomacy since he negotiated with the individual EU nations, which are trying to protect their own interests and the not the interest of the EU as a whole. The EU is also extremely large, meaning that their forces are most likely over stretched and hard to coordinate. You can also bet that non-European EU territories, such as Africa and Turkey, would have very little sympathy for the EU. The OVAs also show that the EU politicians are extremely corrupt, willing to do anything to maintain power and popularity.
Yea, I noticed the Knight pin design on Lancelot's shield. Its most likely a tribute to Euphy, after all, he knows the truth about geass & the OVA was probably a few weeks or months after season one's finale. So Euphy would still be fresh in his mind.

Yup, that disorganization was probably preyed upon by both schneizel & notLelouch. Schneizel using politics to create bigger gaps in their cooperation/military power & notLelouch taking advantage of those gaps in cooperation & making the battles decisive, short & swift.

It'll also further emphasize the formation of the UFN in R2. Lelouch unintentionally played for both sides & it actually benefit him in the end. The UFN was formed as a result of the EU collapsing & Chinese Federation going into a state of unrest. He used politics to reorganize them & by getting them to pool militaries, he also eliminated the distrust among them.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2014-01-02 at 21:28.
Old 2014-01-02, 23:14   Link #330
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Yup, that disorganization was probably preyed upon by both schneizel & notLelouch. Schneizel using politics to create bigger gaps in their cooperation/military power & notLelouch taking advantage of those gaps in cooperation & making the battles decisive, short & swift.
It's like Napoleon and Bismarck (the Chancellor, not the Knight) working together. *shudders*

Quote:
It'll also further emphasize the formation of the UFN in R2. Lelouch unintentionally played for both sides & it actually benefit him in the end. The UFN was formed as a result of the EU collapsing & Chinese Federation going into a state of unrest. He used politics to reorganize them & by getting them to pool militaries, he also eliminated the distrust among them.
It shows that fate really loves Lelouch that much.

He apparently destroyed a small confederation of nations (EU), but it resulted into a larger federation being formed. Reminds me of Gundam 00's catchphrase, "Rebirth begins through destruction."
Old 2014-01-03, 04:04   Link #331
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
It's like Napoleon and Bismarck (the Chancellor, not the Knight) working together. *shudders*
Not too familiar with world history. The only one I know about there is Napoleon. o.o

Quote:
It shows that fate really loves Lelouch that much.

He apparently destroyed a small confederation of nations (EU), but it resulted into a larger federation being formed. Reminds me of Gundam 00's catchphrase, "Rebirth begins through destruction."
Well, Lelouch's defining line is I destroy worlds & create worlds. I guess by having him play a part in EU's destruction, emphasized him creating the UFN.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2014-01-03 at 14:06.
Old 2014-01-03, 11:40   Link #332
wredsa

Just watched the ep. 10/10. Some unnecessary fan service. Looks like their operation did not bring the main victory after all, that is sad.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 13:36   Link #333
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Well, I just watched the episode…and I think it's safe to say Julius Kingsley is Lelouch. The eye-patch is covering his Geass eye, he's got the same VA, and I'm pretty sure that the Emperor probably used him during that timeskip.

The operation was pretty fun to watch and like someone mentioned before, the launch and drop was pretty realistic.

And of course, Ayano is a freaking bombshell. I love her.

Quote:
Quote:
Well, Lelouch's defining line is I destroy worlds & create worlds. I guess by having him play a part in EU's destruction, emphasized him creating the UFN.
Well, both Gundam 00 and Code Geass were released relatively closely so I'm sure that their developments had some influence on each other.
Old 2014-01-03, 19:15   Link #334
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Some gifs:

"Meowth, Suzaku!"

Spoiler for For the ones with a very very dirty mind:

And two hotshots

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 08:45   Link #335
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

that blush tho :3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 03:19   Link #336
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This was an excellent episode. The action scene also shows why each interval between episode is going to be in months. Gorgeous, gorgeous mingling of CG and animation to enact such breathtaking action sequence. I wonder how many months it took for the animators to make that few minutes of action alone!?

The story, it seems, directly correlates to the event of Code Geass though I'm alien to it mostly since I have yet to finish even the first season. Suzaku, for some reason, has got that manly air about him even though all I remember about him is a whiny personality. Lelouch on the other hand.... ( ) I'm just glad he didn't get to talk much. I also hope the series continues its focus on Akito as the main act and everyone else is there for the sake of telling Akito's side of the story.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 04:19   Link #337
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This was an excellent episode. The action scene also shows why each interval between episode is going to be in months. Gorgeous, gorgeous mingling of CG and animation to enact such breathtaking action sequence. I wonder how many months it took for the animators to make that few minutes of action alone!?
It takes some time to animate in CG, I think. Not to mention the budget.

But since Sunrise successfully pulled the stunt, just imagine them adapting this kind of animation on their future projects (particularly Gundam, since they already did it in Gundam Unicorn).

I can already see another evolution in animation.
Old 2014-01-06, 04:31   Link #338
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
It takes some time to animate in CG, I think. Not to mention the budget.

But since Sunrise successfully pulled the stunt, just imagine them adapting this kind of animation on their future projects (particularly Gundam, since they already did it in Gundam Unicorn).

I can already see another evolution in animation.
That kind of evolution is possible by any studios if they have sponsors who are willing to shell boat load of money and are willing to allow the studios to take as much time as they need to deliver the end product. This fight sequence was almost flawless in terms of the smoothness of the animation, movement, character design etc... I also think the fight sequence for episode 1 was slightly better in terms of the finished product considering how polished it looked. As a huge fan of animated action sequence, I enjoyed the hell out of both of this episode. While not a fan of Gundam, watched Unicorn just to see those action sequence, but at the same time these sort of animation is typically absent in TV series mostly because of time constraint they face. Having a huge budget alone won't deliver a good product if a studio is getting six months to prepare a 12-episode series.

Anyway, very good episode. Totally satisfied.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 16:53   Link #339
kaiser11492

Just wanted to point one little detail out.

Did anyone notice how the train station in St. Petersburg has one platform heading to Vladivostok and one heading to Pendragon? Vladivostok makes sense since it's located on the other side of Russia. However, unless the railroad travels across the whole Bering Strait, then it would be impossible by rail to reach Pendragon, which we know is in North America, from St. Petersburg.
kaiser11492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 17:37   Link #340
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser11492 View Post
Just wanted to point one little detail out.

Did anyone notice how the train station in St. Petersburg has one platform heading to Vladivostok and one heading to Pendragon? Vladivostok makes sense since it's located on the other side of Russia. However, unless the railroad travels across the whole Bering Strait, then it would be impossible by rail to reach Pendragon, which we know is in North America, from St. Petersburg.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bering_Strait_crossing